Rant: I firmly condemn BLM and its actions!

Page 4 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2020, 8:29 pm

Now this is a statue.A monument to greatness.
http://halcyonrealms.com/japan/godzilla ... cho-tokyo/

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 3:46 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
I couldn't find a secind source confirming that blm has indeed killed the sister of the eoman in the video you linked to.
Let's assumr fir a second that totally unconfirmed killing actually happened.
And you say the movement crossed the line when they tore down two statues that symbolize something you believe in?
Do you have your priorities in the right order?

A, right. You're catholic, and not a humsnist. Your religious icons are more important than humsn life. Well.
Go ahead, comdemn away.
How is that pedophilia situation in the catholic church developing, btw.? So many cases, I lost track

Like I said in my Original Post, it wasn't the smashing of the statue of the Saint, in and of itself that was the problem; (although again, that act is unacceptable) it was that, that act was the last straw for me.

Bringing the up sexually perverse priest ain't going to work, I am no more scandalized by the abomination perpetrated by those than I am by the fact that I'm one doing what the Hierarchy in the US should be doing.

It's tough to have something that means a great deal to a person destroyed or see it reach its demise. I'm not happy that many statues in Britain were torn down. I'm also not happy about statues in Canada that are being toppled either. I also don't like the idea of religious statues being destroyed.

You might care more if it was an effigy of the man who abused your ancestors that finally was tore down. The real shame is that they're only able to do this to a statue and not to the monster the statue depicts.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 4:06 am

Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
You condemn BLM for bringing down statues of historical monsters? I've got to condemn your condemnation because people who treated indigenous peoples with savagery should not be glorified with statues or memorials.

I 100% support the removal of monuments to barbarians.

Blindly believing the myth that the great Saint Junipero Serra was a "monster" and "barbarian" with no effort to refute the facts I presented, says a lot about your wisdom on this subject.

Do you read the news? Native Americans specifically objected to the catholic church canonization of Serra because he facilitated the enslavement and use of indigenous slave labor to build all of his 21 missions.

They charge the priest (their words) as having "directed and approved of the torture and enslavement of Natives" at missions that served as both religious and military installations"

Good luck going to an Indian reserve and singing his praises.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 4:13 am

Misslizard wrote:

It's not a monument to greatness really, is it? That's Hideaki Anno's Shin Gojira, a metaphor for earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster.
The plaque says "mankind must live with Godzilla"... It's a memento mori, if you will.

I appreciate it a lot and would like to have one of these statues in every city powered by nuclear power plants.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 4:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
You condemn BLM for bringing down statues of historical monsters? I've got to condemn your condemnation because people who treated indigenous peoples with savagery should not be glorified with statues or memorials.

Blindly believing the myth that the great Saint Junipero Serra was a "monster" and "barbarian" with no effort to refute the facts I presented, says a lot about your wisdom on this subject.

Do you read the news? Native Americans specifically objected to the catholic church canonization of Serra because he facilitated the enslavement and use of indigenous slave labor to build all of his 21 missions.

They charge the priest (their words) as having "directed and approved of the torture and enslavement of Natives" at missions that served as both religious and military installations"

He might have a better understanding if he were to try it. :wink:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 9:17 am

shlaifu wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

It's not a monument to greatness really, is it? That's Hideaki Anno's Shin Gojira, a metaphor for earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster.
The plaque says "mankind must live with Godzilla"... It's a memento mori, if you will.

I appreciate it a lot and would like to have one of these statues in every city powered by nuclear power plants.

Godzilla is an earth protector.
Man must learn to live with nature or it will rise up and bite you on the ass.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.therin ... ing-nature

There is also a big Godzilla slide.
Every playground should have one.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 9:41 am

Godzilla is good entertaining fiction.  Few things are as conducive to a relaxing afternoon as a cold beer, a warm pizza, and an old Godzilla movie.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 9:55 am

Fnord wrote:
Godzilla is good entertaining fiction.  Few things are as conducive to a relaxing afternoon as a cold beer, a warm pizza, and an old Godzilla movie.

Would you settle for cold pizza, warm beer and Gorgo?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 9:59 am

Fnord wrote:

Yes!!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 10:00 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Would you settle for cold pizza, warm beer and Gorgo?
Sure!

No anchovies on the pizza, though -- they go bad when left to cool.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2020, 2:57 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
I couldn't find a secind source confirming that blm has indeed killed the sister of the eoman in the video you linked to.
And you say the movement crossed the line when they tore down two statues that symbolize something you believe in?

A, right. You're catholic, and not a humsnist. Your religious icons are more important than humsn life. Well.
Go ahead, comdemn away.
How is that pedophilia situation in the catholic church developing, btw.? So many cases, I lost track

Like I said in my Original Post, it wasn't the smashing of the statue of the Saint, in and of itself that was the problem; (although again, that act is unacceptable) it was that, that act was the last straw for me.

Bringing the up sexually perverse priest ain't going to work, I am no more scandalized by the abomination perpetrated by those than I am by the fact that I'm one doing what the Hierarchy in the US should be doing.

It's tough to have something that means a great deal to a person destroyed or see it reach its demise. I'm not happy that many statues in Britain were torn down. I'm also not happy about statues in Canada that are being toppled either. I also don't like the idea of religious statues being destroyed.

You might care more if it was an effigy of the man who abused your ancestors that finally was tore down. The real shame is that they're only able to do this to a statue and not to the monster the statue depicts.

Like I said before, you can pull down statues of Saint Junipero Serra all you want, but you’ll never be able to pull down Saint Junipero himself out of Heaven out of Heaven; nor can anyone who actually does such an outrage avoid or deny the consequences of such an action if they die unrepentant of it.

To be fair, Saint Junipero himself would have probably loved that; he would have considered it a great honour to suffer a painful death for the sake of the Truth. Just as I myself would have loved to have been at one of those scenes and suffer all the verbal and possibly even physical abuse for defending the Truth.

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2020, 3:09 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I already refuted the points made and as I predicted, people ignored it, probably because it was Catholic, and the mask that’s hiding Anti-Catholicism in the West, has been slipping away more and more in this past month. Keep in mind, I only know the basics of Saint Junipero Serra, I haven’t read all the apologetics available out there. Which brings me to my next point, just because one is a member of a certain ethnicity, nationality or creed, doesn’t mean that that person knows everything about that said nationality, ethnicity or creed. Many Catholics have been very poorly cathechized, many “Americans” don’t know that their state is supposed to be their country, not the Union as a whole. Truth is Truth regardless of what ethnicities or nationalities are involved.

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2020, 3:11 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

He might have a better understanding if he were to try it. :wink:

If I lived in California, I would have considered a lot of things. But the Lord has other plans for me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 3:58 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
shlaifu wrote:

Go ahead, comdemn away.

Like I said before, you can pull down statues of Saint Junipero Serra all you want, but you’ll never be able to pull down Saint Junipero himself out of Heaven out of Heaven; nor can anyone who actually does such an outrage avoid or deny the consequences of such an action if they die unrepentant of it.

To be fair, Saint Junipero himself would have probably loved that; he would have considered it a great honour to suffer a painful death for the sake of the Truth. Just as I myself would have loved to have been at one of those scenes and suffer all the verbal and possibly even physical abuse for defending the Truth.

I don't care how you imagine he feels, I'm just grateful these people are no longer being tormented by an effigy to a man who who did terrible deeds to their ancestors. I'm sorry if you feel the ends justified the means, Stalin and Hitler and their sympathizers would understand your mindset though. I'm sorry that your Truth isn't actually true but if you openly celebrate a man who engaged in genocidal behaviour against other indigenous people why shouldn't I be skeptical about whether or not you even respect my basic humanity?

That's why I'm inherently hostile towards people who celebrate colonial atrocities or those who perpetrated them. If you openly celebrate genocidal atrocities of the past (or the men who committed them) how can I trust that you're not perfectly fine with them still?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2020, 4:11 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
shlaifu wrote:

Go ahead, comdemn away.

I don't care how you imagine he feels, I'm just grateful these people are no longer being tormented by an effigy to a man who who did terrible deeds to their ancestors. I'm sorry if you feel the ends justified the means, Stalin and Hitler and their sympathizers would understand your mindset though. I'm sorry that your Truth isn't actually true but if you openly celebrate a man who engaged in genocidal behaviour against other indigenous people why shouldn't I be skeptical about whether or not you even respect my basic humanity?

That's why I'm inherently hostile towards people who celebrate colonial atrocities or those who perpetrated them. If you openly celebrate genocidal atrocities of the past (or the men who committed them) how can I trust that you're not perfectly fine with them still?

Well, regardless of whether you believe so or not, I do respect your humanity. Human beings are supposed to live in conformity with reality, and when they do they feel much peace and joy. When you just flat-out ignore my evidence, and resort to this level of distortion of reality, I cannot help feel pity for you; because this behaviour will not do you any favour as a human being. You are perfectly free to try again, I won't bring this up again, I'll act as if this post never happened. But that's your choice, not mine, I can't do anything to make you choose what's best.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 5:05 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
Like I said before, you can pull down statues of Saint Junipero Serra all you want, but you’ll never be able to pull down Saint Junipero himself out of Heaven; nor can anyone who actually does such an outrage avoid or deny the consequences of such an action if they die unrepentant of it.
There is no assurance that Mr. Serra is anywhere else except in his grave ... or maybe 3958.8 miles deeper.
Greatshield17 wrote:
To be fair, Saint Junipero himself would have probably loved that; he would have considered it a great honor to suffer a painful death for the sake of the Truth.  Just as I myself would have loved to have been at one of those scenes and suffer all the verbal and possibly even physical abuse for defending the Truth.
No wonder you keep coming back to this thread.
Greatshield17 wrote:
I already refuted the points made and as I predicted, people ignored it, probably because it was Catholic...
No, people ignore your so-called "refutations" because they are based on apocryphal myths and and traditional beliefs -- not on Biblical truths or Scientific facts.
Greatshield17 wrote:
... and the mask that’s hiding Anti-Catholicism in the West, has been slipping away more and more in this past month.
This "mask" you refer to may only be your realization that Science -- not faith -- rules the secular world of both East and West.
Greatshield17 wrote:
Keep in mind, I only know the basics of Saint Junipero Serra, I haven’t read all the apologetics available out there. Which brings me to my next point, just because one is a member of a certain ethnicity, nationality or creed, doesn’t mean that that person knows everything about that said nationality, ethnicity or creed.
Ahh ... but there is a greater likelihood that a member of a Native American or First Nations tribe knows far more than you will ever admit to regarding Mr. Serra.
Greatshield17 wrote:
Many Catholics have been very poorly catechized...
... and poorly educated, as well.
Greatshield17 wrote:
... many "Americans" don’t know that their state is supposed to be their country, not the Union as a whole.
Evidence, please?  Have you never heard of our "Pledge of Allegiance" to the Republic?  We recite no such pledge to our states, counties, or municipalities.
Greatshield17 wrote:
Truth is Truth regardless of what ethnicities or nationalities are involved.
Then you should get your face out of you prayer book and learn some.
Greatshield17 wrote:
If I lived in California, I would have considered a lot of things.
Free, Secular, Well-Educated, Knowledgeable, Employed ... the list goes on.
Greatshield17 wrote:
But the Lord has other plans for me.
I hope He plans on you being buried in a fire-proof suit.
Greatshield17 wrote:
Well, regardless of whether you believe so or not, I do respect your humanity.
Then why worship idols and pray to dead people?
Greatshield17 wrote:
Human beings are supposed to live in conformity with reality, and when they do they feel much peace and joy.
My reality is a material one.
Greatshield17 wrote:
When you just flat-out ignore my evidence...
WHAT "evidence"?  All I see are apocryphal myths and and religious beliefs.
Greatshield17 wrote:
... and resort to this level of distortion of reality, I cannot help feel pity for you; because this behavior will not do you any favor as a human being.
Fortunately, you cannot dictate what others will believe -- you are not G^D, His prophet, an Apostle, nor the reincarnation of Juniperro Serra himself.  You are just someone trying to impress strangers on a public website devoted to people with ASDs, and you are failing miserably at it.
Greatshield17 wrote:
You are perfectly free to try again, I won't bring this up again, I'll act as if this post never happened. But that's your choice, not mine, I can't do anything to make you choose.  what's best. 
There.  Corrected it for you  You're welcome!

Oh, and by the way, how many "Hail Marys" do you have to recite to get a job?  Several of my Catholic friends are currently unemployed, and they might like to know.