Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an Auto-Antonym

Page 16 of 19 [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 11:18 am

magz wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
To stop violence you would have to find the reason behind the violence..

That's absolutely true.

However, when I discussed school shootings with my husband, we came to a conclusion that:
A frustrated teenager searches his parents' home to find something and release his frustration.
Poland: he finds liquor. Uses it.
US: he finds guns. Uses them.

And give them a video game they will teabag some noobs while saying that they slept with the other person's mother.

People like teens need outlets for their frustration, and it is better to provide healthy alternatives and at least try to make them not feel like they are being patronised to.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jul 2020, 11:23 am

Bradleigh wrote:
And give them a video game they will teabag some noobs while saying that they slept with the other person's mother.

I think brutal video games are a way to release brutal instincts (if someone experiences them) in a controlled environment, without causing actual harm. Some sports serve a similar purpose.
I think it's much healthier than censoring such instincts.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 12:05 pm

^^^
Good Point, Without Playing
With Our Shadow of Aggression
And Lust That Comes From Our Oldest
Brain, Our Reptile Brain, It's Hard to Progress
Further to a Place of Harmony and Peace in Overall Love.
However, Video Games are a Poor Way to do it; a Practice
of Moving; Real Moving In Martial Arts is a much Better Way;
Even if it is only Done As Shadow Play, Never Striking An Object;
As Pools of Fight or Flight Cortisol Related Neurohormones Do Not
Remain in the Blood Stream to Effectively Add to the Rest of Unresolved
Stress in Life That Will Only Be Done by Actually Moving And Burning off those
Stress Hormones
in an
ACTUAL
FLIGHT OR FIGHT
of Life; but again;
one can and will
Avoid All Further Trauma
Too By A Shadow Fight of Striking
No Objects at all; Similarly, Attaining
Stellar Levels of Physical Fitness; actually
Regulating Emotions By Bio-Feedback of Eliminating
Those Stress Hormones in the Blood Stream And Integrating
Senses Where a 6th Sense of Proprioception Becomes A Way of
Life; Where one Actually Has the Ability to See the Environment With
No Eyes, Similarly to A Blind Person Developing Enhanced Abilities for
Proprioception That Way; I've talked to People on this Internet Site Before;
Who Had No Idea that the Scary Movies They Sit Through; And Violent Video
Games Are Directly Related to Anxiety and Even Panic Attacks As Those are the
Emotions that
Result Intensely
Negative When
Fight or Flight
is Virtual
And
The Body
Reacts The Same
Way; But Destroys
Bodily Systems Chronically
With No Moving Release to
Burn off the Stress Hormones;
Where, in this Sense, it is like Flooding
The Body With Frigging Battery Acid. Yes,
LIBERTY, Life Is Better Everywhere Life Takes You;
But Yeah; Ya Gotta Really Move To Actually Go Somewhere.
To Tell The Truth Humans Aren't Very Smart Sitting Behind
A Screen For Work under so much Work Related Stress, While
Battery Acid Remains Slowly Destroying Their Breath Like a Frog
Being
Slowly
Boiled;
i should
Know i have
100 Pages of
Medical Documentation
From then that show just
How Bad Chronic Sitting Still
Stress Will Literally Make one Wish They Were Dead.
Autistic Folks, Of course for their Higher Propensity
To Experience Social Related Stress are often Prone
To Early Burn-out this Way in what is commonly
Described As Autistic Burn-out; Problem here
is folks 'Know Stuff'; But they have no clue
How integral the Body is With The Mind;
There is no way to Learn Without Moving;
Really Learn And Heal; Playing With Our
Shadows, Both Aggression and Lust is Key
To All Self-Re-Creation; LIBERTY Free In Deed;
And Honesty this is Directly On Topic; As These African
American Dudes Have Real Male Self-Esteem as they Have
Handled themselves in Many Street Fights And Other Acts
of Basic Human Survival And Proven Themselves again and again.
You Get a Few Pudgy Law Enforcement Officers With Weapons and they
Get Real Scared And Make Stupid Mistakes; Officers With Real Male Self-Esteem
Are Much
More likely
to 'Have it
all Together'
And have a long
Career seen more like
a Real Hero at the End and the Beginning..:)

Yeah, There is a Whole Lot More To Being A Man Than Holding A Gun;
But Yeah; i Have No Problem With Folks Evening Up the Odds in a Life
Threatening Situation Where Guns Save Lives; Key is always Not having to Use them at best.
i had a Cop Friend who was rather Small who related a Story that A Hardened Criminal
Paid him Respect and didn't Try to Overcome him as he knew he would USE that Gun.
Yeah; It's
True; some
Criminals
Have More
Common Sense than
Others too; Faster than
A Speeding Bullet; no one is;
Having Common Sense 'Trumps' Non-sense And DEAD.
Additionally, The Military Uses Violent Video Games of Combat
To Overcome the Natural Propensity Not to Kill a Member of the Same
Species that otherwise might Cause A Trigger Finger to Freeze; Meaning,
the Other Guy Kills You First; In Other Words, the Military Uses Violent Combat
Video Games to Reduce Natural Human Empathy; in some ways, the same applies
to Martial Arts when there is another Human Being to Actually Injure too; better
Life
Hacks
Work
to Actually Succeed
in a Life of Peace and
Harmony Within at least
Loving The Whole Life Show, Overall;
but Yeah, If You are A Cop, You are
Gonna Take and Give some Real Body Contact;
In the 'Real World' How confidently one Carries themselves
in Non-Verbal Language makes all the Difference in the
World if they Become The Victim or Get Respect everywhere they go.
We aRe
Animals;
We aRe
Mammals;
There is A Reason
For that Reptile Brain;
The Lizard Still Breathes within;
Dragon Strong And Confident or Puny (Worm) Snake;
Male and or Female; Makes no difference, within at least.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 1:00 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Magna wrote:
It's fantasy to think that guns could be eliminated from the U.S. and that criminal and victim going forward would be mano a mano. That's cool if you think that about your world. Most Americans at this point seem to think differently though and seem to believe that criminals would be the primary possessors of guns if guns were outlawed and that law abiding innocent people would be easier victims of violence than they are now.

Ending slavery was just a fantasy before people started to try. Having acceptance of homosexual and bisexual people was a fantasy before people started to try. Having devices in your pocket that allow you to talk to anyone around the planet was a fantasy before all the little steps were put in.

You don't start to work for change by complaining that things currently looks impossible to get to that goalpost. You take every step you can towards the goal of reducing or eliminating guns and convince people that it is actually achievable.

You don't think that anything really worth getting was easy to achieve, do you?

Slaverly and gay rights are concepts.
Gun is an item. How well did banning alcohol work? How is banning drugs working? Last I checked both failed horrible and created mire crime and out innocent people in prison for stupid moral laws.
You won’t be able to ban guns any more then drugs or alcohol. Anyone can make an item.
Course it’s also ironic you compare two events of protecting peoples rights to one of stripping away their rights and jailing or killing millions of people. How will you feel when they kill or Inprison black gay people for this grand idea?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 1:04 pm

magz wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

That's absolutely true.

However, when I discussed school shootings with my husband, we came to a conclusion that:
A frustrated teenager searches his parents' home to find something and release his frustration.

PIPE BOMBS

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 1:09 pm

But judge it’s not my fault the gun made me do it. :roll:

Anti gun peiple: OMG that poor victim, if not for guns they never would done it.

China: if not for knifes they never would have done it.

If not for rocks they never would have done it.
80 peopLe killed by pipe bombs at elementary school
Anti gun people: well least they were shot now that would been horrible.

If you love one is stabbed to death va shot will you feel better? Does how someone die matter?

Personally I’d rather be shot then stabbed 60 time and slowly bleed to death or have my head half way cut off by a machete.

I’ll never give up my guns. At least 30 million others won’t either. So is genocide of 30+ million people ok? Cause that’s what itLl take to get the horrible utopia where only bad people have guns. And mass shootings will still happen probably at the same rate.

Talking about the same amount of people or more as Canada.
Most will take a few out with them since they armed unlike the Jews thanks to hitler.
Quite a few of them are ex special forces who job was to train forces to topple governments. Others trained how to take out power grids like the super unsecured USA one. Others like my friends are trained to take out tanks using just what’s around them

Couple hundred showed up at bunny’s ranch and stopped the federal government. Imagine if thousands of the, rally together in each city . Millions in each state.
Many of them are the police, many of them all the military. They also the fire fighters and paramedics. So who is going to take their guns?

The other thing I love about anti gun side is they like you can’t use the military on us citizens on us soil, but we send in the military to take everyone’s guns.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jul 2020, 1:21 pm

sly279 wrote:
But judge it’s not my fault the gun made me do it. :roll:

Anti gun peiple: OMG that poor victim, if not for guns they never would done it.

China: if not for knifes they never would have done it.

If not for rocks they never would have done it.
80 peopLe killed by pipe bombs at elementary school
Anti gun people: well least they were shot now that would been horrible.

If you love one is stabbed to death va shot will you feel better? Does how someone die matter?

Personally I’d rather be shot then stabbed 60 time and slowly bleed to death or have my head half way cut off by a machete.

I’ll never give up my guns. At least 30 million others won’t either. So is genocide of 30+ million people ok? Cause that’s what itLl take to get the horrible utopia where only bad people have guns. And mass shootings will still happen probably at the same rate.

Talking about the same amount of people or more as Canada.

1. I think you do confuse the moral and the practical aspects of the issue. It's always the criminal who is responsible for the crime. However, as crime rates differ enormously between societes, I find it practical to analyse possible factors and possible steps to lower crime rate in my society;
2. Who and when proposed killing gun owners as a solution 8O ?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 6:31 pm

Gianno Caldwell is a Chicago native. At the moment he is working on a documentary film about the black communities in Chicago. He is calling the film "The New Battle for Chicago".

Raised in poverty by his grandmother on the South Side of Chicago, Gianno Caldwell saw firsthand how lawmakers from both parties have failed African American voters on issues like poverty, welfare, and education.

For the film, Caldwell interviewed local residents and politicians as well as drug dealers and gang members, and he was struck by the fact that the criminals did not hesitate to tell him about their crimes.

"I went out and interviewed the gang members who told me that they were perpetuating the violence," he recalled, explaining that criminals operate without fear of being turned over to police.

"People who didn't mind going on camera and talking about their exploits," he said, arguing that people in the African-American community know who the trouble-makers are.

"It is time to start working with the police, and that's what's necessary," he concluded, "because if you don't start talking to the police now, whether you be in a gang or not in a gang, or you just know the people, your family could be next."

"The victims in Chicago are not screaming 'defund the police.' They're asking for more police," he told Fox Business host David Asman. "They're asking for responsible police in their communities because at this point they don't know if they are going to make it another week because their grandparent could be shot. Their nephew could be shot. Their 1-year-old brother or son could be shot."

"Last weekend 65 people shot, 18 fatally, including a 1-year-old, a 10-year-old, and 17-year-old," he continued, ticking off the grim statistics. "Two weeks ago, 104 people shot, 15 killed, including a 3-year-old and four teens. On May 31st, 18 people were killed in a single Sunday."

Source: Gianno Caldwell slams anti-police narrative: 'Victims in Chicago are not screaming defund the police'

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 8:52 pm

sly279 wrote:
Slaverly and gay rights are concepts.
Gun is an item. How well did banning alcohol work? How is banning drugs working? Last I checked both failed horrible and created mire crime and out innocent people in prison for stupid moral laws.
You won’t be able to ban guns any more then drugs or alcohol. Anyone can make an item.
Course it’s also ironic you compare two events of protecting peoples rights to one of stripping away their rights and jailing or killing millions of people. How will you feel when they kill or Inprison black gay people for this grand idea?

Yeah, you regulate it, just like with drugs and alcohol. You don't allow children to go out and get a bottle of vodka, and better and more accessible regulation of marijuana has been doing wonders. But guns have been getting underregulated for how dangerous they are, I already said that my own father owns guns as someone who has been part of the Australian military and there are strict requirements for how they are kept and there are in keeping them registered. I don't think outright banning, but the lack of regulation in the type of guns being made and how easily they are gained, is out of control in America, and it is creating a gun culture that is literally killing your people while you are all in denial like a dog drinking coffee while the building is on fire and saying "this is fine".

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 9:10 pm

aghogday wrote:
^^^ Good Point, without playing with our shadow of aggression and lust that comes from our oldest brain, our reptile brain, it's hard to progress further to a place of harmony and peace in overall love. However, video games are a poor way to do it; a practice of moving; real moving in martial arts is a much better way; even if it is only done as shadow play, never striking an object; as pools of fight or flight cortisol related neurohormones do not remain in the blood stream to effectively add to the rest of unresolved stress in life that will only be done by actually moving and burning off those stress hormones in an actual flight or fight of life; but again; one can and will avoid all further trauma too by a shadow fight of striking no objects at all; similarly, attaining stellar levels of physical fitness; actually regulating emotions by bio-feedback of eliminating those stress hormones in the blood stream

Good Point! It sounds like you have learned about the physiological approach to resolving trauma.

The physiological approach is a completely different approach than the psychological approach (talk therapy). It looks at the problem from a chemical approach. Stress instead of viewed from an emotional level is viewed from chemistry (hormones), animal behavior and how the brain operates.

The human brain consists of many components, which are layered like an onion. There is the core, which is similar to the brain of an infant. It resides in the Vagus Nerve and Dorsal Vagal systems and is responsible for “Immobilization” or “Freeze” response. There is the middle layer within the Sympathetic Nervous system that controls the “fight or flight response”. And there is the outer layer, within the Myelinated Ventral Vagal system, the social brain.

Stress is part of the middle layer, the fight or flight response. This stress energy is stored in the body, in the limbs (the arms, legs and neck). Exercise is the key to venting this stored chemical stress energy. But it is a very specific form of exercise called Maximal or Supramaximal exercise, interspersed with passive recovery intervals.

Stress can also be resident in our core. It takes a very different type of exercise to vent this stress, called neurogenic tremors which is a trembling response. In humans we are taught at an early age to control and inhibit this natural trembling response. As a result, this core stress is allowed to build up and negatively affect our bodies.

If these stress chemicals are properly vented from the body, the body will reach a state of homeostasis and the effects of reduced emotional stress loads in my humble opinion will make panic attacks, trauma and PTSD symptoms less frequent and less intense.

Notice that I referred to 5 limbs earlier. That point seems to be missed. The fifth limb is our neck/jaw/vocal cords. A person has to scream at the top of our lungs to vent the stress in this particular limb. We can do this in many different ways.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 10:40 pm

jimmy m wrote:
aghogday wrote:
^^^ Good Point, without playing with our shadow of aggression and lust that comes from our oldest brain, our reptile brain, it's hard to progress further to a place of harmony and peace in overall love. However, video games are a poor way to do it; a practice of moving; real moving in martial arts is a much better way; even if it is only done as shadow play, never striking an object; as pools of fight or flight cortisol related neurohormones do not remain in the blood stream to effectively add to the rest of unresolved stress in life that will only be done by actually moving and burning off those stress hormones in an actual flight or fight of life; but again; one can and will avoid all further trauma too by a shadow fight of striking no objects at all; similarly, attaining stellar levels of physical fitness; actually regulating emotions by bio-feedback of eliminating those stress hormones in the blood stream

Good Point! It sounds like you have learned about the physiological approach to resolving trauma.

The physiological approach is a completely different approach than the psychological approach (talk therapy). It looks at the problem from a chemical approach. Stress instead of viewed from an emotional level is viewed from chemistry (hormones), animal behavior and how the brain operates.

The human brain consists of many components, which are layered like an onion. There is the core, which is similar to the brain of an infant. It resides in the Vagus Nerve and Dorsal Vagal systems and is responsible for “Immobilization” or “Freeze” response. There is the middle layer within the Sympathetic Nervous system that controls the “fight or flight response”. And there is the outer layer, within the Myelinated Ventral Vagal system, the social brain.

Stress is part of the middle layer, the fight or flight response. This stress energy is stored in the body, in the limbs (the arms, legs and neck). Exercise is the key to venting this stored chemical stress energy. But it is a very specific form of exercise called Maximal or Supramaximal exercise, interspersed with passive recovery intervals.

Stress can also be resident in our core. It takes a very different type of exercise to vent this stress, called neurogenic tremors which is a trembling response. In humans we are taught at an early age to control and inhibit this natural trembling response. As a result, this core stress is allowed to build up and negatively affect our bodies.

If these stress chemicals are properly vented from the body, the body will reach a state of homeostasis and the effects of reduced emotional stress loads in my humble opinion will make panic attacks, trauma and PTSD symptoms less frequent and less intense.

Notice that I referred to 5 limbs earlier. That point seems to be missed. The fifth limb is our neck/jaw/vocal cords. A person has to scream at the top of our lungs to vent the stress in this particular limb. We can do this in many different ways.

A Lost Art of Gaining Confident Strength, Overall, is the Human Roar; Sadly, Some
Folks Don't take Advantage of The Natural Animal Instinct to Do this; Studies Show
Humans Can Actually Determine The Overall Strength of Another Human; Particularly, Males With
Roars; But Regular Vocalizations of Emotions are not Much of An Indicator; It's Amazing How Much
More Powerful A Human Roar Will Be too, Once All the Fear is gone; i had no idea that it was Possible to live Without
Fear until i Practiced a Moving Meditation of Mixed Ballet and Martial Arts Public Dance for 13,353 Miles Now in 82
Months; i save the Roars for the Military Gym; And Now my Home Gym, since the Military Gym Closed down for
the Covid-19 Virus; My Wife Says i really do sound like a Mix Between A Gorilla And A Lion; As i do Not Hold
Back; i Find that the Roars Increase my Strength and Additionally Release Endorphins, if i am Experiencing
Any Minor Pains for Repetitive Small Injuries as they do come and go with that Much Mileage of Public
Dance at 60 Years-old, an average of around 166 Miles a month, A Few Less Miles now but Still Plenty
of Avenues to do it. My Goal Was to Live a Life Less Domesticated And Return More to Wild
Innate, Instinctual, Intuitive Ways of Being in Terms of Instincts, Skills And Abilities; Rather
Than Just Knowledge, Skills And Abilities; Living Without Fear is A Truly Amazing Experience
of Life; Human Strength and Potential Increases in Every Way; As Fear Basically Puts that All on
Hold, Always in a Resistance of Life instead of Just Flowing With No Restrictions in Life; Truly the Way
of a River; Water, Wave, Ocean Whole; For Why in the World Would Water, Waves, Or Oceans have to Fear
As All Returns to Calm After Raging Waves of Roars. It's An Art That i Feel And Sense in Reward; No Lessons
Required, For i See With the Faith of Practical Bliss in Life, in Autotelic FloW iN Natural Feedback of Heaven Within.
But Again;
No Lessons;
No Instruction;
No School, Just
Let it all Go And Be Free.
There's a Book Called "The Body
Keeps Score" That Does a Pretty
Good Job of Systemizing the Art of Fearless
Freedom; Really Just Leaving All the Room For
Loving Life in Space of Human Soul in Mind
And Body Balance from Head to toe, Heaven..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 11:03 pm

sly279 wrote:
PIPE BOMBS

Building a pipe bomb takes time, effort and knowledge. One is more likely to reflect on how their plan to harm people is a bad idea while building a pipe bomb compared to grabbing a weapon intended for killing large numbers of people in a short amount of time.

No one's saying reducing access to certain types of weapons will eliminate violence, only that certain types of weapons enable far more violence with far less effort.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:09 am

aghogday wrote:
A lost art of gaining confident strength, overall, is the human roar; sadly, some folks don't take advantage of the natural animal instinct to do this; studies show humans can actually determine the overall strength of another human; particularly, males with roars; but regular vocalizations of emotions are not much of an indicator; it's amazing how much more powerful a human roar will be too, once all the fear is gone

Precisely.

The neck is a fifth limb. Many animals have two arms and two legs and one other extremity, their neck. They use their neck, vocal cord, jaw and teeth both offensively and defensively. Lions roar, bears growl, dogs bark and wolves snarl. The sound produces fears that can immobilize their prey. Herd animals will use vocalization to alert the herd of the predator’s presence. Many times it is the jaws of a predator that will rip their prey apart.

When an infant is in distress, the child will cry and scream. Individuals have been taught to constrain and control this action because this behavior is very disruptive. About the time a child sets off to school he begins to be ridiculed for crying – they are called “crybabies”. But by inhibiting this natural reaction, the stress energy is not vented but rather stored. And this stored energy needs to be vented and released in order to avoid distress. So the main question is “How does one scream in a socially acceptable manner as an adolescent or adult?

One needs to vent the stored stress energy in their neck muscles, vocal cords, and jaw. The best way is to scream at the top of your lungs several times. But this must be done in a socially acceptable manner. Never scream at a person. I live in the rural countryside and my dog is a free-range dog. When it is mealtime and my dog is up and about; I call my dog very loudly.

R-o-c-k-y. Come here puppy. R-o-c-k-y.
R-o-c-k-y. Where are you puppy? R-o-c-k-y.
R-o-c-k-y. Come here puppy.

I yell so loud that I can hear my voice being echoed back to me from nearby hills and mountains. My voice carries about a mile. The call is so strong that it borders on a roar. It is a very good feeling. It gives me a sense of great strength, like I could split a mountain in two just with my voice alone. I feel strong to my core. It is a great stress reliever or normalizer. And it is socially acceptable in the countryside.

One might try howling like a wolf at the moon. There is an individual [a.k.a. kraftiekortie] in New York City that howls at the subway cars as they pass by deep down in the subway stations. But there are other ways to scream in a socially acceptable manner. A singer can do this if it is a very powerful song. A barker in the county fair can do this. A fan at a rock concert can sing along at the top of their lungs. Some commuters sing along to the tune on the radio at the top of their lungs while they are driving down the road. A spectator at a sports event can do this in cheering on their team. Even a Girl Scout can practice barking in front of the local grocery store when she sells Girl Scout cookies. Or find yourself a soundproof room.

And now I know that Fred [a.k.a. aghogday] also practices this technique for venting stress because he practices roaring in a military gym; and now his home gym, since the military gym closed down for the COVID-19 virus. His wife says he really does sound like a mix between a gorilla and a lion because he does not hold back.

His roaring provides him instant stress relief because he found that roaring increase his strength and additionally released endorphins.

And as Fred said "Living Without Fear is A Truly Amazing Experience of Life; Human Strength and Potential Increases in Every Way"

The ability to roar should be taught to every Aspie around the world. It would transform them from weak little frightened children afraid of their own shadow into the great lions they were meant to be.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:53 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
The military doesn’t doesn’t do a very good job of policing itself.If it did we wouldn’t have incidents like Abu Ghraib.Who would watch the watchers?
I would never want our troops harmed,my family served.But sometimes they do misbehave.
People killed each other by the thousands before guns existed.
Genghis Khan wasn’t armed and look at all the mayhem he did.
If people want to kill large amounts of people they don’t need a gun.Nagasaki and Hiroshima are good examples.Thousands have been starved to death, Irish Potato Famine, or gassed to death.Or some nut might release anthrax or a virus.
More people in America die from drug overdose than guns. :cry:
Take away the guns and they will find a new way to kill each other.
To stop violence you would have to find the reason behind the violence.
Nasty parts of human nature would need to be addressed.Things like greed, hate, prejudice, addiction, exploitation, sexual abuse, etc..

There is a big difference compared to how things were before, we have easily accessible video and other recording technology that can have people be held responsible for their acts, and could have that footage put all over the world for everyone to see in minutes. This is a power that can move people far more than who would just have to go off of one man saying stuff in front of a crowd the size that called hear him and relying on unsubstantiated claims.

And most powerfully we have so much more empathy than we ever had in human history. At one point in time any tribe like village next to each other could explode into a way, because they probably would have problems talking to each other, especially across an ocean. Now pretty much anyone in the world could talk to anyone else by the world wide web. We are, or at least have the potential for, able to empathise with each other in ways that could not be done before. Just stop and think about this forum, how crazy is it that all of us are talking to each other like this, able to talk in ways that you would have had to be in walking distance and would be defined our nations. But right here, regardless of our nations we came together because we have something in common in ways like we may be neuro-divergent.

I know that sounds all wishy washy, but I think that we humans as a collective have come a long way since Genghis Khan, and I don't think that power is because any random human could kill another with minimal effort. We are better than that, love is stronger than hate, if we put the guns away for a bit and just talk. Because if we put that energy away from being prepared to able to shoot some random person for coming after us and put it into using technology to make sure we have proper oversight of our institutions, we would be golden.

One day we won't even need to kill each other, because what weapons we have are non-lethal, and as a collective species we have worked to ensure everyone's rights and make sure the threats of things like corruption will be carefully watched. It sounds beautiful, and I think we should work towards that instead of feeding paranoia.

I hope we evolve past violence,
But unless we address all our social problems we probably will be shooting at each other with lasers in the future.
We should have cameras on all police,but the best surveillance systems only work if they are turned on.
We have made advancements, but most of us posting here live in first world countries with decent health care, housing,clean water, food, and internet.Third world people are still suffering.They aren’t reaping the rewards of our new technology.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:56 am

magz wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

That's absolutely true.

In America he will find liquor, grandma’s pain pills, a gun , and the keys to daddy’s giant SUV and drives off in a drunken rage and plows into a minivan killing or maiming a family.Daddy gets a good lawyer and kid walks.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 10:23 am

This is a photo of Horace Lorenzo Anderson [Jr.]. He normally went by his middle name, Lorenzo. All he wanted in life was to be loved, to live in stable housing, to hold down a job, to eventually have a family.

He had a girlfriend, Aushinae Washington. Washington met Lorenzo when she was 16. He loved basketball back then, but soon he put his heart into making music. He would take time to write lyrics and develop raps, she said.

Lorenzo wrote about what it was like growing up in a rough neighborhood, said Johnny Jefferson, who was close with Lorenzo and is the site lead at YEP, an alternative high school for students who have trouble succeeding at neighborhood schools.

“He came from a part of Seattle where it was tough to survive in those types of conditions,” Jefferson said. “You either go with the wolves or you get eaten.” Lorenzo had trouble finding safe housing. He got into trouble. But having difficult things to work through — that’s what life is like for almost anybody, Jefferson said.

Lorenzo found a home at YEP. Teachers there adored him. So did his classmates. In a photo of the pair near the Space Needle last spring, Jefferson swung his arm over Lorenzo’s shoulder while Lorenzo looked confidently at the camera. “He really wanted to be loved,” Jefferson said.

Lorenzo was born prematurely at 25 weeks. He was a child of special needs. He had developmentally delays. He was very naive. He was easily, easily manipulated. [You might say he had no street smarts. One of the attributes of many Aspies is that they lack common sense.]

Lorenzo is the 19-year-old black man who was shot and killed early on the morning of June 20 inside the Capitol Hill Organized Protest (CHOP), Seattle's Cop Free Zone.

Sources:
Teen who died in CHOP shooting wanted ‘to be loved,’ those who knew him recall
Father of CHOP shooting victim speaks out in emotional interview: 'All I know is my son is dead'