Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an Auto-Antonym

Page 19 of 19 [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 3:11 pm

jimmy m wrote:
IMHO, the structure of Alpha/Beta Males and school bullies ends generally with adulthood. Most of the other members of society decide that the social model is not how they want to live their lives and the school gangs dissolve away in adulthood. But in poor communities, these gangs evolve into vicious adult gangs that still practice the trade.

It's almost like communities with limited economic options end up tied to organized crime in order to sustain themselves. It's a shame that situation exists, but blaming the individuals within the community seems to ignore that additional factors are in play, but hey, why give everyone the benefit of the doubt when it's easier to engage in victim blaming and ignore history?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 6:10 pm

jimmy m wrote:
IMHO, the structure of Alpha/Beta Males and school bullies ends generally with adulthood. Most of the other members of society decide that the social model is not how they want to live their lives and the school gangs dissolve away in adulthood. But in poor communities, these gangs evolve into vicious adult gangs that still practice the trade.

I am sceptical of a lot of alpha/beta science, I think a lot of how it is applied can be suspect, but I would also say that it actually does not just disappear with most people, just maybe changes as people migrate to different communities or social structures. A lot of these poor black areas have a mix of a lack of economic opportunity, and a lack of trust in the system itself that has certainly not been helped by such hard lines again black people like they are largely part of gangs. From my understanding these gangs feel like they are at war against a militarised police force that hate them for being black.

That needs to change, that is exactly the sort of thing that BLM is trying to push for in defunding parts of the police so that they are not acting like some sort of warriors that black people join gangs to protect themselves from as they do crime because they are still looked down at for the colour of their skin. It possibly is true that Chicago might need to be an exception of some increase police traffic in areas, but it can't be out of an idea that these police officers would be responsible to shoot every possible gang member that could do a drive by and kill some small child like you keep putting in this thread.

You have been doing appeals to emotion over these victims, and the only thing I can imagine from all that is an excuse to be tougher on crime, which is tougher on gang members to somehow throw every single one of them in jail, if not have them shot. Based on a quick Wikipedia search, there are over 100,000 members across 60 groups. It really looks like a target should be placed there to try and get some peace between these groups so that they stop fighting each other in some sort of war, get them to help their own communities, and gain trust in the system so the no snitching rules are weakened. And I am highly suspect if making a bigger and badder police is going to fix that.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 7:06 pm

jimmy m wrote:

Working For The Military, for a Quarter of A Century, it was interesting Watching Leaders in Rank who Were
Effective; And those Who had the Most Problems with Leadership. It Was Pretty Obvious that the ones Who
Had Genuine Confidence And Carried Their Countenance in A Graceful Balance, Were the Most Effective Leaders.

On The Other Hand, There Were Some Who Had 'Little Man and Or Woman Syndrome'; Without that Genuine
Confidence, Who Very Much Reflected A Lack of Genuine Confidence That Trump Displays as Just an
example, most everyone is familiar with.

No Matter Melanin of Skin, There are Some Very Bad Individuals in the World Who Are Stone Cold
Away from Empathy and Regret for anything they do to harm others; And Then Still there are those
Who Don't Care if they Live or Die; And then there are those Who Hate the Rest of the World; There
Are Many Levels of Darkness; One thing For Sure is, There are People that Social Workers aren't cut out to handle.

Thing about Being Human; Humans Change; Very Rarely do Villains Become Heroes; But Heroes Do Become Cold
And Change into Villains. Some Folks Start Out as Good Cops; And Just Fall to the Stress of the Job; My Father Did it
for 46 Years; One thing for sure is; i never saw him Afraid; And That Fearless will only be earned; At Best,
With Full Empathy, Sympathy And Compassion Still attached. It's Natural to Feel More Confident, And Overall
Really Great When One Walks Erect, Tall, Gracefully With A Powerful Deep Voice Projecting that Confidence.

It's Nice to Master A Mind And Body, in Balance; Generally Speaking, Folks Don't Mess With Genuinely Confident Folks.

Almost All of it is Non-Verbal Language; Never Having to Say A Thing; Some Stuff is Just Automatically Understood
And Respected; Not Worshipped, Just Respected.

Most Crimes Are associated With Drugs; And Drugs Are Most Often Taken By Folks as A Crutch to fill What's Missing
Inside. A Lack of a Strong Empathic Paternal Influence Makes life an Uphill Battle For Children too; When Folks Become
Fathers and Cannot Afford to Support the Child; Or Do Not Have the Emotional Intelligence to stay; That's A Part of the Issue of Folks who Turn to a Life of Problems too.

Anyway, Humans Living Together in Balance Are Naturally Social Empathic, Strong, And Live a Life of Kindness to get along.

Problems Come With Environments of Scarcity or Over-Abundance; Scarcity of Soul is a Huge Problem with Love gone.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 12:59 pm

I read a couple news articles this morning. A couple things that I found interesting in the first article:

The Philadelphia arm of the Black Lives Matter movement has called for the "complete abolition" of the police department in five years as well as the scrapping of military bases abroad.

And according to BLM Philadelphia representative and activist YahNé Ndgo, the chapter has developed a five-year plan to do just that.

In terms of BLM Philadelphia, Ngdo wouldn't give membership numbers but said the group is made up of a number of educators from elementary to university level and that everyone has a different focus – with children's safety and education at the hub of their discussions and policy proposals.

Source: Black Lives Matter Philadelphia leader proposes five-year plan to abolish police

So this movement [at least in Philadelphia] is academic driven. It is driven on social theories that are being taught in our schools and universities. But again they are just theories.

-----------------------------------------------

According to The New York Times, nine children under the age of 18 have been shot dead in Chicago since June 20. The last two -- including Natalia -- were killed on Saturday.

Some of the victims, from left to right: Davon McNeal, Natalia Wallace, Royta Giles Jr. and Secoriea Turner.

According to statistics released by CPD, over the last six months, homicide rates have seen an increase of about 34 percent since the same period last year, and shootings are also up by 42 percent.

Over the holiday weekend, the Chicago Police Department (CPD) reported 87 people shot and 17 killed from July 2 to July 5. According to The Chicago Sun-Times, 19 people were shot and three killed on Monday alone.

[One of the girls killed was] Natalia "Natalie" Wallace, who was shot while playing outside of her grandmother's house on Saturday night.

[Lawrence] Jones asked Wallace [Natalia's father, Nathan Wallace] if he believed there should be protests for his daughter's life and the lives of the other children taken in the same way as there are protests for Black lives taken at the hands of the police.

"I believe there should be.

"Y'all gotta change. Y'all see the way y'all got things going now. It's not working. How many kids [are] going to have to die before we realize we need to do better?"

"When you find out it's one of your daughters or your sister or brother and then you will feel the pain that I feel, it shouldn't have to come to that. I mean, we should be able to do something as a people, as a community to come together and strategize and think of something that's a lot better than what's going on now. Because, I mean, at this point...all our kids [are] dying out here [on] these streets."

Wallace also fondly remembered his daughter's beautiful smile but became choked up when discussing the bright future that had been taken away from her.

"She could have been anything. And, that's the killing part. She could have been anything in the world. And, now she [doesn't] have the chance," he said.

Reginald Merrill, 33, was charged late Monday afternoon in Natalia's shooting with one count of first-degree murder and one count of felony aggravated battery involving the discharge of a firearm.

Lawrence Jones then commented: I've covered a lot of these incidents, but going to see where she was shot and seeing the bloodstain still in the grass -- it's something I'll never forget." "What I saw today, and listening to that family talking about the reconstruction that they're having to do on the body of their baby girl: it's shameful. And, there's no protest about it," he added. "Zero."

Source: Father of 7-year-old girl killed in Chicago: 'There should be' Black Lives Matter protests

------------------------

This is a photograph of Reginald Merrill who was a convicted felon accused of driving three gunmen to a Fourth of July party where they opened fire and killed 7-year-old Natalia Wallace.

Merrill, who was charged with first-degree murder and aggravated battery with a firearm, has spent much of his adult life behind bars.

Between 2008 and 2016 he served two separate four-year prison terms for drug offenses and for punching a Chicago police officer in the face with a closed fist as officers served an arrest warrant, according to court and police records. The officer’s injuries required hospital treatment.

Merrill has also faced charges of domestic battery and trespass to vehicles.

The shooting, which was directed at the partygoers in Austin, including Natalia and several other children under the age 10, was believed to be carried out in retaliation for the June 29 murder of one of the alleged gunmen’s brothers, Cook County prosecutors said.

The men, who were driven to the scene by 33-year-old Reginald Merrill Saturday, had shot up an alley on the block two days before, believing the person responsible for the the June shooting lived there, prosecutors said,

Around 7 p.m. Saturday, Merrill drove the group of men to the 100 block of North Latrobe Avenue in a white 2016 Subaru Legacy registered to Merrill’s girlfriend, prosecutors said.

He slowed down and then allegedly stopped the car just past the family party, allowing the gunmen to exit the vehicle, fire at least at least 20 times and then get back in the car to flee.

Source: Alleged driver in fatal July Fourth shooting of 7-year-old girl held without bail

---------------------------------

Any organization that claims that Black Lives Matter but exclude Natalia "Natalie" Wallace from the narrative is an Auto-Antonym. Because her life really did matter. It really did matter to her parents, her aunts and uncles and cousins, her family and her neighborhood. She was a shinny bright little star who was going to be a second-grader at Crown Community Academy of Fine Arts in the fall.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 8:40 pm

I feel heartfelt compassion for Natalia Wallace and her family and all the other innocent black lives that are lost in the U.S. But I do not share the same compassion with those that killed her in cold blood, the lawless in society.

I feel that Black Lives Matter has compassion on those that murdered this little girl and and all the other murderers of innocent children and adults in the black communities while at the same time totally ignoring Natalia Wallace and all the victims of this lawlessness.

If they defund the police as BLM has proposed. Her killers would never have been identified, never brought to justice. But maybe that is the whole point.

Last edited by jimmy m on 08 Jul 2020, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 8:44 pm

jimmy m wrote:
If they defund the police as BLM has proposed. Her killers would never have been identified, never brought to justice. But maybe that is the whole point.

You're aware that calls to defund the police generally aren't calling for the abolition of police, right? How exactly would reducing police funding and shifting it to other social services have rendered the community unable to identify the men responsible?

I guess it's easier to make your point against a caricature of your opponents argument. It's a shame some people might be foolish enough to fall for it.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 8:54 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
You're aware that calls to defund the police generally aren't calling for the abolition of police, right? How exactly would reducing police funding and shifting it to other social services have rendered the community unable to identify the men responsible?

I guess it's easier to make your point against a caricature of your opponents argument. It's a shame some people might be foolish enough to fall for it.

As I state in the article this morning:
"The Philadelphia arm of the Black Lives Matter movement has called for the "complete abolition" of the police department in five years as well as the scrapping of military bases abroad."

That is exactly what they are proposing. THEY ARE CALLING FOR THE COMPLETE ABOLITION OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 9:15 pm

jimmy m wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

"The Philadelphia arm of the Black Lives Matter movement has called for the "complete abolition" of the police department in five years as well as the scrapping of military bases abroad."

That is exactly what they are proposing. THEY ARE CALLING FOR THE COMPLETE ABOLITION OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.

Okay, so I guess that one group speaks for all of them? What have most groups calling for defunding meant?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 9:29 pm

jimmy m wrote:

I read the article. Most of her five year plan thing in abolishing the police seemed to be in her own community, Philadelphia, I could not find the real mention of Chicago that you keep using killed children from as props. Mostly seemed like she was saying that the police as it existed in her community was bad and should not exist as it does into the future.

Do you think that perhaps other people have a different experience to things like what the police are like in their community? Or do you just keep buying what Fox News tells you?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2020, 6:49 pm

An 11 year old boy named Davon McNeal was murdered over the 4th of July weekend in Washington D.C. Here is his picture.

McNeal was struck by a bullet to the head during a cookout, police said. Police said he went to retrieve a phone charger from his aunt's home when he was struck by gunfire amid a shootout between five armed suspects.

The killing came amid a surge of gun violence over the holiday weekend that ravaged several cities that reported dozens of shootings and multiple killings. At least six children died from shootings over the holiday weekend, with the youngest just 6 years old.

McNeal's grandfather John Ayala told Fox News' Trace Gallagher that some people "just do not value life at the time."

"They don't realize that when you take a life, that life is not coming back," said Ayala, the founder of the Washington D.C. chapter of the Guardian Angels, which works with police to address crime.

Washington, D.C., police arrested two suspects in connection with the fatal shooting and are seeking two more.

The suspects taken into custody -- Christian Wingfield, 22, of Maryland, and Daryle Bond, 18, of Washington -- face first-degree murder charges in the death of Davon McNeal. Arrest warrants have been issued for two other suspects, 19-year-old Carlo General and 25-year-old Marcel Gordon.

General and Gordon were arrested earlier this year for possessing a firearm as a convicted felon and were released pending trial, authorities said.

Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser tweeted photos of the pair, along with a $25,000 reward for tips leading to their arrest and conviction. A fifth suspect is also being sought by police.

Metropolitan Police Department Chief Peter Newsham said Wingfield, who was on court-ordered supervision, cut off his GPS monitor bracelet after the killing and that investigators believe he may have tried to change his identity. He said he doesn't believe McNeal was the target of the shooting.

Source: 2 DC suspects arrested after boy, 11, killed in Fourth of July shooting, police say

Of the groups that are trying to keep down the violence in the black communities, I have respect for the Guardian Angels. They are trying to make a difference in these communities.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 10:07 am

There was an interesting article today that highlights "Black Lives Matter" is an auto-antonym.

On July 9, Mayor Bill de Blasio helped paint the "Black Lives" mural in front of President Trump’s namesake tower.

Two women were arrested after police said they dumped cans of black paint on the block-long mural on Manhattan’s Fifth Avenue.

The interesting thing is that at least one of these women were black. “Refund the police," the woman screamed. “Jesus matters! We will never support Black Lives Matters!” One of the police officers who arrested her slipped on the paint and was injured.

A 64-year-old woman was also arrested Friday after police said she was illegally posting fliers of 1-year-old shooting victim Davell Gardner Jr. The flier featured a picture of the infant with the message: “I wasn't killed by a cop. I was killed by a Black person. Where's BLM?”.

Source: NYPD officer injured during arrest of women smearing paint on ‘Black Lives’ mural outside Trump Tower

The father of a 1-year-old boy who was fatally shot at a family cookout in Brooklyn Sunday night pleaded for answers sharing a message for the "cowards" responsible.

"You took my son's life," Davell Gardner Sr. "I can't get that back. I can't hold him no more. I can't hear him calling me 'daddy' no more. I can't kiss him no more. I can't play with him no more.

"I've got to put my son in the ground now," he continued. "He's only one. His birthday is in two months. He didn't live to see two. He didn't live life. It's like, I wanted to get him out of this violence before something like this happened."

Source: Family of 1-year-old killed in NYC tells gunman: 'You took my son's life ... you can go to hell'

From my perspective, many of the Black Lives Matters demonstrators are white social justice warriors. And if Black Lives really mattered to them, then all the innocent black lives that were lost each year should equally matter. The black communities are beset by gang violence and this is what spills over into the black communities. It produces thousands of innocent black lives that are ended prematurely by a systemic wave of killings. These social justice warriors would not solely focus on a small handful whose lives were lost at the hands of the police. It is almost like BLM is catering to the very gang members that produce the violence. It is quite obvious that if you eliminate the police, that the violent gangs will simple step in and take control.