Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an Auto-Antonym

Page 6 of 19 [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 19  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 6:27 pm

/\I had bears in my yard.Mama, papa and two cubs.The dogs ran them off.We also had a rabies problem a few years back with a bull actually getting infected.No animal control here.
I have also had to put down several deer that were sick with Chronic wasting disease.
I’m aware of gun laws, had my background check done when I purchased mine.
Apparent you know nothing about raccoons either.Lets see you grab ahold of a big one.Chew your hand off city boy.
Oh yeah, home invasion.There was one at my closest neighbors.
Drug addicts broke in and were rifling through her dead partners items.She had just died from cancer and they were looking for pain meds.The home owner’s friend was injured in the attack.It would take the police around 30 minuets to arrive out here.That's a long wait when you need help right then.

Last edited by Misslizard on 27 Jun 2020, 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 6:33 pm

magz wrote:
Yes, I've noticed it later.
But Falklands have tiny population. If there was an island with just one citizen and he owned 2 guns, this island would be the leader. Falklands have a homogenous population comparable to a small town or a large village. Social problems don't scale down to these numbers.

When ordered by estimate of firearms in civilian possession, the leading countries are:
1. USA
2. India
3. China
4. Pakistan
5. Russia
6. Brazil
7. Mexico
8. Germany (disputed)
9. Yemen
10. Turkey

Very diverse group.

I would have never guessed India.
That is an interesting list.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 8:01 pm

Misslizard wrote:
magz wrote:
But Falklands have tiny population. If there was an island with just one citizen and he owned 2 guns, this island would be the leader. Falklands have a homogenous population comparable to a small town or a large village. Social problems don't scale down to these numbers.

When ordered by estimate of firearms in civilian possession, the leading countries are:
1. USA
2. India
3. China
4. Pakistan
5. Russia
6. Brazil
7. Mexico
8. Germany (disputed)
9. Yemen
10. Turkey

Very diverse group.

India has lots of rural areas with the same concerns of panthers, bears and bandits as you express having.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 8:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
magz wrote:

1. USA
2. India
3. China
4. Pakistan
5. Russia
6. Brazil
7. Mexico
8. Germany (disputed)
9. Yemen
10. Turkey

Very diverse group.

India has lots of rural areas with the same concerns of panthers, bears and bandits as you express having.

Lions and tigers and bears , oh my. :lol:
And violent monkeys.Do you remember when they pushed that politician off a balcony?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 8:11 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
magz wrote:

1. USA
2. India
3. China
4. Pakistan
5. Russia
6. Brazil
7. Mexico
8. Germany (disputed)
9. Yemen
10. Turkey

Very diverse group.

Lions and tigers and bears , oh my. :lol:
And violent monkeys.Do you remember when they pushed that politician off a balcony?

Not specifically, but I know they can be quite nasty. They're like little humans. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 8:15 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/indian-off ... ey-attack/
When Obama visited right after that the police had special police monkeys to ward off the naughty monkeys.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 8:17 pm

Misslizard wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/indian-official-killed-after-monkey-attack/
When Obama visited right after that the police had special police monkeys to ward off the naughty monkeys.

What about monkey butlers? Bart promised me monkey butlers.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 8:21 pm

You can have one of these.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/1 ... index.html

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 9:25 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Magna wrote:
How do people like me kneecap democratic policies in democratically controlled cities?

How do people like those part of BLM protests affect you?

How does that relate to my question that I asked you about how do "people like me" (your words) kneecap democratic policies in democratically controlled cities?

And, should we continue to play a game where respond to a question with an unrelated question?

Last edited by Magna on 27 Jun 2020, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 10:44 pm

Magna wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

How do that relate to my question that I asked you about how do "people like me" (your words) kneecap democratic policies in democratically controlled cities?

And, should we continue to play a game where respond to a question with an unrelated question?

It is easy, you make up the conversation on a national stage of things that are important, ignore areas of poverty and oppression as just an issue of violent gangs that should be quashed by stronger policing and you think that the voters of democrats are just playing the victim and thus should not receive any help or meaningful change. My question back to you was that this is the same sort of thing that BLM is doing right now by changing the national conversation from an all is well with policing, to that there is a massive problem and something has to be changed, which could impact you by the police in your area also being change despite to your observation there not being a problem.

It is a matter of perspective. And you think that your perspective that "urban" areas are just a bunch of people being too lazy or not working hard enough to change their situation rather than asking for handouts, does not affect these people are living it tough and are already oppressed, does not affect these places to be able to enact the changes that would be needed? Those in the Republican red blooded states just love their gun rights that they can take their rifle out and go shoot a deer, not really caring that in these other places you have already desperate getting these weapons to protect themselves, which in turn makes the police even more jumpy and turns conflict made from bad economic prospects into one that people can die easily, especially innocents in these built up areas.

Whatever you think that BLM could now affect your lives because they have suddenly been taking over the national conversation to make some changes, you have to understand that this has already been happening the other way around where all the people that are spread out in their suburban and disproportionally population to area, get to decide how things should be for the people forced into high populated areas that have had to band together to not get picked apart by racists from being alone.

Sure, you might have personally done something yourself to keep black people stuck in a system that they are treated as second class citizens by being perceived as scary or even women seen as mannish. But you don't think the system you vote for is one that says black people are just playing the victim and people should be tougher on crime, which drags the Overton window from what would actually help in places? You practically live in a different world to them, and you don't want to believe that things like white privilege exist.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 10:53 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Magna wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:

How do that relate to my question that I asked you about how do "people like me" (your words) kneecap democratic policies in democratically controlled cities?

It is easy, you make up the conversation on a national stage of things that are important, ignore areas of poverty and oppression as just an issue of violent gangs that should be quashed by stronger policing and you think that the voters of democrats are just playing the victim and thus should not receive any help or meaningful change. My question back to you was that this is the same sort of thing that BLM is doing right now by changing the national conversation from an all is well with policing, to that there is a massive problem and something has to be changed, which could impact you by the police in your area also being change despite to your observation there not being a problem.

It is a matter of perspective. And you think that your perspective that "urban" areas are just a bunch of people being too lazy or not working hard enough to change their situation rather than asking for handouts, does not affect these people are living it tough and are already oppressed, does not affect these places to be able to enact the changes that would be needed? Those in the Republican red blooded states just love their gun rights that they can take their rifle out and go shoot a deer, not really caring that in these other places you have already desperate getting these weapons to protect themselves, which in turn makes the police even more jumpy and turns conflict made from bad economic prospects into one that people can die easily, especially innocents in these built up areas.

Whatever you think that BLM could now affect your lives because they have suddenly been taking over the national conversation to make some changes, you have to understand that this has already been happening the other way around where all the people that are spread out in their suburban and disproportionally population to area, get to decide how things should be for the people forced into high populated areas that have had to band together to not get picked apart by racists from being alone.

Sure, you might have personally done something yourself to keep black people stuck in a system that they are treated as second class citizens by being perceived as scary or even women seen as mannish. But you don't think the system you vote for is one that says black people are just playing the victim and people should be tougher on crime, which drags the Overton window from what would actually help in places? You practically live in a different world to them, and you don't want to believe that things like white privilege exist.

When you say: "people like me". Do you mean people who think the urban problems haven't been fixed in decades under democrat leadership or do you mean something else?

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 11:13 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\I had bears in my yard.Mama, papa and two cubs.The dogs ran them off.We also had a rabies problem a few years back with a bull actually getting infected.No animal control here.
I have also had to put down several deer that were sick with Chronic wasting disease.
Apparent you know nothing about raccoons either.Lets see you grab ahold of a big one.Chew your hand off city boy.
Drug addicts broke in and were rifling through her dead partners items.She had just died from cancer and they were looking for pain meds.The home owner’s friend was injured in the attack.It would take the police around 30 minuets to arrive out here.That's a long wait when you need help right then.

Saying you know gun laws because you had a background check performed is like saying you know about international travel because you have a passport. Did they test your knowledge for this background check? Did you have to pass an exam? Qualify with a firearm? Did you attend a class perhaps?

ChEw YeR hAnD oFf CiTyBoY :roll: YEET! *PUNT* Raccoon problem solved. Or is this now a ninja rabid raccoon that can dodge attacks n stuff, too? I would think that if I lived around that many animals that much, I'd find ways to coexist with them instead of shooting them all.

But lets say you did legitimately need to put an animal down for humane heath reasons. A pistol, shotgun, or bolt action rifle should do it, ya?

And in the case of the invasion, first please explain how having the gun would have helped? I don't mean "they could have defended themselves!" and leave it at that - did they knock and when the door was answered they barged in? did they kick the door down and rush in? Did they sneak in, not even knowing anyone was home? How many addicts are we talking about? 2? 3? 17? How did they know that the owner had cancer, or that she had pain meds, and where she lived, to know to go exactly there, expecting to find exactly pain meds, looking in exactly the ex partner's stuff? How do you know that's what they were looking for? What is this neighbor and friend's age? What time of day was it? How close together are neighbors in this rural area? Do known drug addicts live anywhere nearby? I ask because it feels like details have been omitted.

At anyrate, lets assume that the stars have aligned, and for whatever reason, he did have a gun, already in his hands, before they even broke in, with which he then saved the day and drove them off. Would a pistol or a shotgun have been sufficient to the task?

So here's a neat thing they don't tell you. They bring up black on black crime, and point out that there's more black on black crime than there is black on white crime, which is statistically true. But white on white crime occurs at almost the same exact rate as black on black crime. The reason black on white crime is so low, is because neighborhoods are still heavily racially divided. We still have heavily black neighborhoods, and heavily white neighborhoods. Makes gerrymandering easier. Some people would argue that it happened by choice, that they WANTED it this way. Which may be half true, white people did, black people didn't. Racially biased housing and lending practices are another topic, but that's the major factor of how it was done. Point is, crime usually happens with neighborhoods, or between adjacent neighborhoods - real life isn't GTA, driving two cities away just to do your daily burglary and theft schtick. Also, just like white on white and black on black crimes happen at the same rate, black on white and white on black crimes also occur at the same rate. But when you say it that way, it doesn't make black people sound extra-crime-y.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 11:17 pm

The group protesting tonight in my town broke off from blm and is white run and 99% white. So bunch of white people speaking on behalf of black people who told them to be silent and let black people run this. Lol

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 11:20 pm

Misslizard wrote:

How’d this turn into gun control ?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 11:23 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I’d wager a bet that the guns used to kill those little girls were bought off the street.I doubt they went into a store and did a background check.
Illegal guns are as available as illegal drugs.Easily obtained.
Making guns illegal wouldn’t stop gun violence.There would just be more unregistered weapons floating around.

Where are all the unregisted guns floating around Australia, bought off the street and used to kill little girls?

The Uk banned guns long time ago but the amount of illegal guns they find keep going up not down. You’d expect a island who banned guns would ran out of illegal guns by not not increasing. People smuggle them in same as drugs. Where there’s demand there’s going be a market.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 11:26 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Why don’t you tell me all about how well the aborigines were treated by the white Australians?
You murdered plenty of them.

Yeah, my country has sucked plenty in the past for what it did to the aboriginal people, I have no delusion that my country has a problem in this area. By the way calling them "aborigines" is perceived as insensitive with racist connotations.
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2015/08/why-saying-aborigine-isnt-ok-8-facts-about-indigenous-people-in-australia/

But that does not answer my question of how my country has moved to stricter gun laws, and there is not the kind of mad world you think that would happen. We don't have the type of mad shootings of urban gangs that kill innocent children just minding their business, nor police scared out of the gob that every possible person could be packing a gun.

https://www.creativespirits.info/aborig ... nal-people
Gang violence is usually about turf,and selling drugs in that area.
People use drugs because they are depressed and feel hopeless.Take away poverty and you reduce drug use and violence.The gangs would not exist if there wasn’t a demand for their product.Marijuana should be legal,that would help some.
Controlling the harder drugs like meth and heroin is as hard as controlling illegal guns.Basically if someone wants something bad enough they will get it.Prohibition proved that.There was shooting and cold blooded murder involved in illegal alcohol.That ended with the repeal of prohibition.
Even if you went out and bought people’s guns, like your government did,people could still find a way to acquire them.I watched a show on Afghanistan and they were making new guns out of pieces of old ones.Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
Eliminate poverty and you will end most gun violence.
That’s why you don’t see gang shootings and drive bys in wealthy neighborhoods.People with full bellies usually don’t cause trouble.

A teenager in Australia made a full auto machine gun thst was later adopted by the government. What he did was illegal. Technology and ease of manufacturing has come a long way from then. There’s tons of people making guns in Middle East, while crude they work. Some guy made a gun from a shovel. Pipe guns are super easy to make.
You can’t ban an idea. Guns exist they won’t ever not exist.
Might add thst modern gun technology is over 100 years old technology. It’s simple to understand, learn about and make.