Page 1 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 1:38 pm

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... ab2840dccc

Interesting theory. Hard to say.. he IS doing a bit of a scorched Earth thing and likely will for the next half year.. but he’s also setting the stage for contesting the election results in order to try to stay in power. Plus, whether he quits or loses like the loser he is, once he’s a private citizen again before the statute of limitations runs out on the Mueller investigation, he could face a bunch of criminal charges & then die in jail.. so, you’d think he’d try to stay in office just to run out the clock on those charges. Hmm

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 2:02 pm

If he quits, then Pence can pardon him.

Be the hero of your life.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 2:19 pm

Oh god. President Pence does not have a good ring to it. I hope Trump makes it to January!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 3:26 pm

He'd have to resign before january 2021,not much time for such a profound act.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 3:49 pm

Well...in his last hours in the bunker Hitler convinced himself that "the German people are not worthy of me".

So maybe Trump has already persuaded himself that the American people are not worthy of him.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 4:18 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:

Not if they wait to charge him u til January 1st when pence is gone.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 5:57 pm

This is not a grand plan but a meltdown.

I have always been of the belief that Trump will have to dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming.

The man views people in two ways winners and losers, there is him, everybody else is the enemy, everything is a competition. Quitting to him would be the act of an ultimate loser. He has always prevailed against when everybody said he would lose. I just think even he realizes between the pandemic, ecomony, SJW’s prevailing by forcing the national conversation on their terms that the polls are right and he is in big trouble and just can’t handle it.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 2:02 am

He won't, he tenacious and well protected...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 3:54 am

In most things, these days,
I'm tired of being jerked around by rumours created by every man and his dog. :roll:

BTW,
Have you heard?
Some are suggesting Hillary is going to make a last-minute bid to be a contender, for the Presidential election. :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 4:17 am

if the choices today were between her and him, i'd vote for her a thousand times, nay an INFINITE number of times, i would NEVER vote for that man, i knew what trouble he'd cause, years before.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 5:16 am

I’ve heard that Richard Nixon’s cryogenically stored brain has been revived and implanted into a brown Labrador, which will be crowned god-emperor of America next Tuesday.
All taxes will henceforth be paid in doggy biscuits, and the new oath of allegiance will end with the phrase “who’s a corrupt boy”.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 5:27 am

Karamazov wrote:
I’ve heard that Richard Nixon’s cryogenically stored brain has been revived and implanted into a brown Labrador, which will be crowned god-emperor of America next Tuesday.
All taxes will henceforth be paid in doggy biscuits, and the new oath of allegiance will end with the phrase “who’s a corrupt boy”.

Fake news, it wasn't a dog at all!

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 5:33 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

Fake news, it wasn't a dog at all!

That will come to pass, but verily it shall be His Imperial Majesty’s forty-fifth reincarnation.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 5:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
if the choices today were between her and him, i'd vote for her a thousand times, nay an INFINITE number of times, i would NEVER vote for that man, i knew what trouble he'd cause, years before.

Pepe chants:
AOC!
AOC!
AOC!
:mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 7:29 am

i will, likely in vain, vote for the democratic nominee, knowing the bookies the world over have already concluded will lose in much the same way [via massive foreign interference and GOP skullduggery] hillary lost in '16.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2020, 8:57 am

TheRobotLives wrote:

Only on the federal charges of which he is found guilty in a court of law can he be pardoned by the sitting president. It does not work for state charges that he is found guilty on though. Trump has several state charges just waiting for him from his former home state of New York. Ever notice how he hates the judicial system from there? That would be one of the reasons why.