goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 10:23 pm

Magna wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
All lives matter is a phrase used by white people to re-assert their racial dominance, authority, and supremacy while being dismissive of black lives matter.

Wrong.

I would say that it has instead either been an attempt to change the narrative because they don't like the focus on black issues, covering it up with a virtue signal meant to be dismissive to the movement, or actually buying into that virtue signalling and altered narrative that those part of BLM are somehow against the protection of non-black lives.

Let's throw a third possibility in the mix that's already been discussed in what is becoming a circular argument:

Instead of All Lives Matter being a dismissive virtue signal with the intention of shifting focus away from black issues or that BLM is anti non-black lives, perhaps people who believe all lives matter believe...all lives matter in that black lives matter too or also or equally.

This All Lives Matter in comparison to Black Lives Matter ("too" or "also" regarded as implied by some and questioned as such by others) is now a circular argument here like a perpetual motion machine.

:roll:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 10:26 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Magna wrote:
Bradleigh wrote:
Magna wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
All lives matter is a phrase used by white people to re-assert their racial dominance, authority, and supremacy while being dismissive of black lives matter.

Wrong.

I would say that it has instead either been an attempt to change the narrative because they don't like the focus on black issues, covering it up with a virtue signal meant to be dismissive to the movement, or actually buying into that virtue signalling and altered narrative that those part of BLM are somehow against the protection of non-black lives.

Let's throw a third possibility in the mix that's already been discussed in what is becoming a circular argument:

Instead of All Lives Matter being a dismissive virtue signal with the intention of shifting focus away from black issues or that BLM is anti non-black lives, perhaps people who believe all lives matter believe...all lives matter in that black lives matter too or also or equally.

This All Lives Matter in comparison to Black Lives Matter ("too" or "also" regarded as implied by some and questioned as such by others) is now a circular argument here like a perpetual motion machine.

:roll:

And the circle continues.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 10:42 pm

Magna wrote:

Pictures speak louder than words sometimes

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 11:05 pm

Magna wrote:

And I am sure that lots of people joined the Nazi party while thinking that they had the best intentions for the German people without thinking that Jewish people would be killed. Or joined the Men's Rights groups while thinking that they were just for the rights of men and not being anti-feminist groups aimed to just s**t on women equality.

I acknowledge that you are possibly going to find all kinds of actual good actors in terrible organizations or movements, that think they are being more woke in saying rights for all instead of focusing on problems of a minority. I say that while also saying that those people are being really irresponsible to not look up and take notice the company they have that maybe is not being as good faith as they are, that maybe are actually hurting a movement that is trying to do good.

It is the same reason a lot of people don't trust the Equalist movement, because it was actually used to discredit the feminist movement by framing them as sexists, and has the main goal of slowing down feminist progress and polluting the discussion with so many talking points that nothing will actually be done.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 6:34 pm

If environmentalists put up a poster that says, "Save the rain forest!" do you assume that they only care about the rain forest? Do you assume that they hate any environment that isn't the rain forest?

No? Then why do you think "black lives matter" means ONLY black lives matter? Black activists aren't responsible for coddling you and correcting the nonsense you make up in your own head. Try reading what's actually there instead of what you infer based on no evidence.

Lastly, I've been following BLM on Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit. The "too" in BLM is implied as stated by actual BLM activists. This is why it's important to branch out beyond WP and step outside your echo chamber.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 6:57 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
If environmentalists put up a poster that says, "Save the rain forest!" do you assume that they only care about the rain forest? Do you assume that they hate any environment that isn't the rain forest?.

There's a hilarious "karen gone wild" youtube video where a woman condemns a couple of "ethnic" girls in Canada for damaging a berry bush while eating berries.

The woman (Karen) claims the Canadian park is a nature reserve and proceeds to warn the girls they are damaging the natural pristine environment for bushwalkers like herself. She then hilariously asks them what country they were born in and do they understand Canadian values of protecting the environment.

When the two girls ask who she thinks she is? the woman has a rant (hence the title of the video) about foreigners and dances around like she's on medication. After a few minutes it turns out Karen is not even from Canada (She is a immigrant) and the two girls she was accusing of being foreign were native American.

The ultimate fool.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:00 pm

I used to have a crush on a girl named Karen......

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I used to have a crush on a girl named Karen......

:lol:

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:06 pm

I almost kissed a girl named Karen.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:08 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
If environmentalists put up a poster that says, "Save the rain forest!" do you assume that they only care about the rain forest? Do you assume that they hate any environment that isn't the rain forest?

No? Then why do you think "black lives matter" means ONLY black lives matter? Black activists aren't responsible for coddling you and correcting the nonsense you make up in your own head. Try reading what's actually there instead of what you infer based on no evidence.

Lastly, I've been following BLM on Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit. The "too" in BLM is implied as stated by actual BLM activists. This is why it's important to branch out beyond WP and step outside your echo chamber.

Shame on us literal autistics and our nonsense.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:10 pm

Oh yes...apologies to all the Karens on WP :lol:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:13 pm

Magna wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

I'm quite a "literal autistic." When I see, "Black lives matter!" I interpret it as "black lives matter," not that black lives matter "MORE," or "ONLY" black lives matter.

Shame on me, I suppose.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:37 pm

All lives to matter from conception until natural death. Every life is worth living and abortion in unnatural and wrong.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 7:40 pm

Magna wrote:

If the meaning has been explained to you over, and over, and over, and over in multiple ways it's not your autism preventing you from understanding it, it's just you being stubborn at that point. You can be a "literal autistic" and also stubborn.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 8:41 pm

If somebody from BLM calls me a racist for being white, I would think that the person calling me a racist is a racist.

I don’t see anything wrong with BLM on the face of it.....but if someone tells me to “check my white privilege,” then I wouldn’t be too thrilled.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2020, 8:43 pm

That woman in the Canadian video has a bug up her butt.