How much do you know about what's happening in the Church?

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2020, 7:32 pm

How much do you know about what's really happening inside the Church over the past few years? I'm going to type out a list words and phrases for everyone here to find out how much people know. What my thoughts are about these words and phrases we may or may not address on this thread, I entrust that, and everything to the Holy Ghost, through the Immaculate Hands of Mary:

Latin Mass, Tridentine Mass, Extraordinary Form
Theodore Mccarrick (I'm pretty confident, almost everyone knows at least something about him)
China Deal
The Sankt Gallen Mafia
Shamazon Synod, Sin-nod
Our Lady of Fatima
Our Lady of La Salette
Our Lady of Quito, Our Lady of Good Success
Our Lady of Civitavecchia
Our Lady of Akita
Our Lady of Revelation, Virgin of Revelation
Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich
Blessed Anna Maria Tiagi
Saint Faustina
Saint Padre Pio
Blessed Charles of Austria
15 Promises of the Rosary
Miraculous Medal
Purple Scapular
Brown Scapular
A Bishop Dressed in White
"All you will have is the Rosary, and the Sign of My Son"
The Chastisement
"Russia will spread her errors"
The First Secret of Fatima
The August Apparition
Triumph of the Immaculate Heart, Reign of the Immaculate Heart, Period of Peace
FishEaters
Mother Of God ForumSite, MotheofGod.com
Catholic Answers Forums
Five Blasphemies Against the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Four Sins that Cry to Heaven for Vengeance
Athanasius Schneider
Raymond Burke
Integralism
Sensus Fidelium
Anthony Stine
Restoring The Faith

Some of these or only very loosely related to the thing I'm talking about, but I figured I'd include them anyway

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 7:47 pm

^^^ He means the Roman Catholic Church (RCC), for those to whom it is not readily obvious.  It is not the only church claiming to be part (or all) of the Christian Tradition.

There is also the Adventist Church, Anabaptist Church, Anglican Church, Baptist Church, Lutheran Church, Methodist Church, Moravian Church, and Pentecostal Church.

Reformed Christianity itself includes the Continental Reformed Church, Presbyterian Church, Evangelical Anglican Church, Congregationalist Church, and Reformed Baptist Church.

There are many other denominations within the Christian tradition not listed.

As for knowing what is going on in the RCC, I think
David Essel Sums It Up Best.

WARNING: Statements made by David Essel regarding the state of the RCC may be upsetting to some, but may make others think for themselves and form their own opinions about the RCC.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 7:56 pm

The last few years?

Their pedophile ring his been blown wide open in every corner of the Earth for all to see.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 8:01 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The last few years?  Their pedophile ring his been blown wide open in every corner of the Earth for all to see.
If you have a Bible, I suggest reading the entire 17th chapter of the Book of the Revelation, paying close attention to what it says about the woman, especially in verse 18.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2020, 8:03 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The last few years?

Their pedophile ring his been blown wide open in every corner of the Earth for all to see.

Can you tell me how any or all of the terms and phrases listed above, (apart from obviously, Theodore Mccarrick) relate to the sex abuse scandal?

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 8:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The last few years?  Their pedophile ring his been blown wide open in every corner of the Earth for all to see.
If you have a Bible, I suggest reading the entire 17th chapter of the Book of the Revelation, paying close attention to what it says about the woman, especially in verse 18.

I don’t own one. I had a children’s version when I was a kid.

Cliffs?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 8:25 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The last few years?

Can you tell me how any or all of the terms and phrases listed above, (apart from obviously, Theodore Mccarrick) relate to the sex abuse scandal?

I don’t know who that guy is or what any of the things are on your list.

I don’t expect anyone who doesn’t regularly attend catholic mass to know any of those things, either.

But the entire world has heard about the catholic church’s pedophile problem. And as an extension of that, their participation in the residential school system here in BC, raping and murdering indigenous children for many years.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2020, 8:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The last few years?

I don’t expect anyone who doesn’t regularly attend catholic mass to know any of those things, either.

But the entire world has heard about the catholic church’s pedophile problem. And as an extension of that, their participation in the residential school system here in BC, raping and murdering indigenous children for many years.

You don't know about Theodore Mccarick, *facepalm* and yet your going on and on about the sex abuse crisis!?!

Also, if the residential schools are so scandalous to you, have you ever thought about, leaving Canada? Because you see, the Canadian government kind of like, came-up with and planned the residential school system!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 8:40 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The last few years?

You don't know about Theodore Mccarick, *facepalm* and yet your going on and on about the sex abuse crisis!?!

Also, if the residential schools are so scandalous to you, have you ever thought about, leaving Canada? Because you see, the Canadian government kind of like, came-up with and planned the residential school system!

Why would I know who he is? :?

I’m a baptized Roman Catholic but I don’t go to their weekly book club meetings nor give them 10% of my income.

Outside of a church, why would anyone ever hear of some church guy’s name? :?

People don’t need to know the specific names of church perverts to have heard of the child rape scandal all over the world.

Canadians today are appalled at what Canada did to Indigenous people back then - which wasn’t even very long ago. People are siding with indigenous people more and more with their disagreements with the corporation of Canada that setup shop on their lands.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2020, 8:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The last few years?

Why would I know who he is? :?

I’m a baptized Roman Catholic but I don’t go to their weekly book club meetings nor give them 10% of my income.

Outside of a church, why would anyone ever hear of some church guy’s name? :?

People don’t need to know the specific names of church perverts to have heard of the child rape scandal all over the world.

Really, you don't know about Mccarrick? *facepalm* He was all over the news when the sex-abuse scandal broke!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 1:00 am

Wasn’t something I read much about or saw online news clips about. Wasn’t that interesting to me to follow the stories of a bunch of church pedos. Their reputation has been known for decades/generations - it wasn’t really “news,” to anyone, anyways.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jul 2020, 1:33 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Wasn’t something I read much about or saw online news clips about. Wasn’t that interesting to me to follow the stories of a bunch of church pedos. Their reputation has been known for decades/generations - it wasn’t really “news,” to anyone, anyways.

So you don't agree with Christ's Command "Judge not, lest you be judged?"

Also, if we want to take this thread into a very sensitive area, I really don't like how you refer to the clergymen who committed sexual abuse "pedos." If you look at the actual statistics involving the victims of clerical sex abuse, you'll find something very interesting and controversial which shows that, calling all the perpetrators "pedos" is actually I think, offensive to the victims of clerical sex abuse.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 2:08 pm

Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Also, if we want to take this thread into a very sensitive area, I really don't like how you refer to the clergymen who committed sexual abuse "pedos." If you look at the actual statistics involving the victims of clerical sex abuse, you'll find something very interesting and controversial which shows that, calling all the perpetrators "pedos" is actually I think, offensive to the victims of clerical sex abuse.

Were they raping children or adults? :?

The adjective I used is accurate and appropriate to describe them.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jul 2020, 2:37 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Were they raping children or adults? :?

The adjective I used is accurate and appropriate to describe them.

Both, but the majority of the victims involved were post-pubescent males. (I think it was around 80%) I guess the term "pedo" also applies to a youth is below the age of consent, but still that's quite a stretch to apply "pedo" to a group of perpetrators whose victims were mostly post-pubescent males.

Now for those of you reading this who are uncomfortable about the way this thread going; I am by know mean whatsoever suggesting any severe stereotype about people with homosexuality, in regards to the topics being discussed here. However I do think it is offensive to the victims to imply that the majority of perpetrators of clerical sex abuse scandal were pedophiles. No one is implying that Germans are prone to antisemitism when they talk about the holocaust, but to imply that the majority of the victims of the holocaust were Gypsies or Slavs is quite offensive to primary group targeted by the Nazis.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 5:16 pm

Gay priests are victims of the church, too.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jul 2020, 5:58 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Gay priests are victims of the church, too.

Quite right, the Church officials should have never made those people priests; by making those people priests, the officials have condemned them, and the laity and religious they associated with, to a ruined life.