Critics want ivanka trump canned after bizarre goya promo

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 2:27 pm

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ivanka-t ... 6cc0b314c7

Lol some of the responses are pure gold!

And these critics are right. Wtf? Her job is not the platform for product endorsements.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 6:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 6:28 pm

Not the Goya that first came to mind. No less bizarre, though.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 7:18 pm

Well, thanks for bringing this important issue to our attention. It would be terribly sad if young women modeled themselves on the actions of an entitled sibling of a narcissistic as*hole. I think you may have single-handedly changed the course of our nation. You, sir, deserve a statue erected in your honor!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 7:38 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Well, thanks for bringing this important issue to our attention.  It would be terribly sad if young women modeled themselves on the actions of an entitled sibling of a narcissistic as*hole. I think you may have single-handedly changed the course of our nation.  You, sir, deserve a statue erected in your honor!
Actually, your superlatives are only slightly exaggerated.  Goldy doesn't need a statue (I think?); and yes, it would be terribly sad if young women modeled themselves on the actions of an entitled sibling -- or entitled offspring -- of a narcissistic a-hole.  The entire Trump family can go down the flusher, for all I care.

As far as a boycott of Goya is concerned, I'll just use up what's already in my pantry and buy no more Goya products until the Trump family is forced to leave the White House.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 9:14 pm

The only way I would be cool with a :goldfish: statue is if it’s going to be used for your local BLM chapter to practice tearing down with chains instead of rope so they can figured out how to rig it up correctly in minimal time so that they can make quick discreet work of toppling bronze monuments to racism. Then I would allow it.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 11:01 pm

Quote:
Critics Want Ivanka Trump Canned After Bizarre Goya Promo

I envy the journalist who got to write that title.

This parody universe has become more ridiculous than I could have ever imagined. Make it stop.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Jul 2020, 4:38 am

^ That picture is cursed.

Not quite as bad as the one where Trump poses with the Minions from Despicable Me.
https://imgur.com/r/forwardsfromgrandma/LCICBOF

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 5:32 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Well, thanks for bringing this important issue to our attention. It would be terribly sad if young women modeled themselves on the actions of an entitled sibling of a narcissistic as*hole. I think you may have single-handedly changed the course of our nation. You, sir, deserve a statue erected in your honor!

Im confused.

Is your point that Goldy is the as*hole?

Or is your point that Ivanka is the as*hole? :lol:

Obviously both individuals could be as*holes, but in your post you have set it up so the two are in opposition. you're accusing Goldy of assholery by calling out Ivanka, but then you claim that Ivanka deserves to be called out. So which way is it?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 6:56 am

If Ivanka really wants to help Goya she should pose like this lady in a famous masterpiece by the Spanish artist named Goya.

goya

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 1:06 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Im confused.

Is your point that Goldy is the as*hole?

Or is your point that Ivanka is the as*hole? :lol:

Obviously both individuals could be as*holes, but in your post you have set it up so the two are in opposition. you're accusing Goldy of assholery by calling out Ivanka, but then you claim that Ivanka deserves to be called out. So which way is it?

Maybe he’s just frustrated that an anti trump Canadian is pointing out the comical failings of the US federal gov’t and getting a bit (extra) bitter for it?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 1:28 pm

Yes, I could learn a lot from you. I'd like to concentrate entirely on the low-hanging fruit when the entire orchard is rotten. Would a full frontal lobotomy help, do you think?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 1:38 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Yes, I could learn a lot from you. I'd like to concentrate entirely on the low-hanging fruit when the entire orchard is rotten. Would a full frontal lobotomy help, do you think?

The so-called “highest office in the land,” & it’s administration are low hanging fruit, eh?

Well, I mean, yes, these people are morons - I agree - but they’re still in the top positions of the US fed gov and thus shouldn’t be such low hanging fruit in the first place? Sooo, they do deserve the negative attention they get until they’re turfed one way or another. Whether the leave out of embarrassment, election results, or in handcuffs is immaterial - they just need to go! But until then they’ll continue getting shredded for the losers they are.

Not sure a lobotomy would help you criticize the rest of the circus tbh.. :chin: Personally, I’d avoid having your noodle carved up if I were you. Leave it intact so you have the processing power to call out the rest of the clowns who aren’t trending on twitter. Someone has to. That man could be you!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 1:39 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
If Ivanka really wants to help Goya she should pose like this lady in a famous masterpiece by the Spanish artist named Goya.

goya

Thats more like it. Though I'm not sure I want to see any of the Trumps pose nude.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 4:26 pm

:lol: nailed it!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/politics ... index.html

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 6:10 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

So we shouldn't focus so much on the day-to-day, petty ways that the Trumps are disgracing this country? We should instead focus exclusively on the massive, lasting ways that the Trumps are disgracing this country?

Ppl are not nitpicking this bc of a lack of a desire to draw attention to the Trumps' many, many other rotten actions. They're drawing attention to this bc it's so shockingly petty and juvenile, and it's another in a long line of symptoms which point to the fundamental moral apathy of this administration. It is a symptom which shares its cause with the greater rot as a whole.

It's not as easy to argue that Trump is ruining the whole orchard (not to say that it's at all hard to do that) due to the sheer scope of that assertion. It's much easier to argue the Trumps are being corrupt and infantile with this Goya nonsense--which I imagine is why some Trumpsters would prefer to have the former conversation and not the latter.
This small thing is so indisputably asinine that the best that can be mustered is a "we have bigger problems" deflection?

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides