Jeff Sessions loses runoff to Trump endorsed candidate

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 11:11 pm

Former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville defeats Jeff Sessions in Alabama Senate runoff

Quote:
Former Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions' comeback bid is officially over.

Tommy Tuberville, former Auburn head football coach, is the winner of the Alabama Senate Republican runoff, according to an Associated Press projection.

Though President Donald Trump has seen a rocky record on his endorsements in down-ballot primaries thus far, his dedicated endorsement of Tuberville -- and his determination that his former attorney general did not win the race -- had weight in this race.

Tuberville was largely quiet on the trail in recent weeks while Sessions ramped up his campaigning. Despite Sessions aggressive action on the trail, with 33% of the vote reporting, it seemed he was unable to improve from the primary. At this point, he doesn't lead in a single new county, and has fallen behind in some that he won on Super Tuesday.

"I want to congratulate Tommy Tuberville. He ran a really firm, solid race," Sessions said Tuesday night.

"He is our Republican nominee," Sessions continued. "We must stand behind him in November."

Tuberville will take on vulnerable Democratic Sen. Doug Jones, widely seen as the senator most at-risk of losing his seat come November.

Trump celebrated Tuberville's win on Twitter, writing, "A GREAT WIN!"

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2020, 5:02 am

It's a sad day for the Republican party when a one time attorney general gets punished for having tried to uphold the rule of law.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2020, 6:45 pm

Not sure whether I should clap or act confused. :?