Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 4:35 am

Mitnick eh? I wonder if he's any relation to Kevin Mitnick :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 6:14 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
This is probably one of the reasons he's so desperate to stay in office.

If and when he eventually realizes he can't stay in office, my guess is that he will flee to another country. He actually mentioned this possibility at a rally, if I recall correctly, without saying which country.

IMHO this would be the best outcome. This would not be a good outcome as he would escape justice. Bieng physically dragged out of the White House and imprisioned would make even more of a martyr. One reason supporters support is his image as a tough guy. If he just ran away that hopefully would tarnish that image.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 6:19 am

If indeed he flees, it will be interesting to see whether he flees to some "s**thole country" or, perhaps, to Russia.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 6:36 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
If indeed he flees, it will be interesting to see whether he flees to some "s**thole country" or, perhaps, to Russia.

I am thinking of Israel or their new allies Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, or Saudi Arabia.

Netanyahu and a large part of the Israeli public adore him but Israel is not very likely. Netanyahu has diplomatic skills and would not want to risk the enmity of the Biden administration, the mostly Democratic American Jewry. Such a move would also increase the support of BDS. So I think the other three are most likely.

As far as Russia goes I don't think Trump would want to give the Democrats a reason to say we were right about you being a Russian asset. What would Putin gain?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 11:47 am

Push the slider up to exactly the nine minute mark of this video, and you will learn what Nixon did back in the day.

Well...Nixon didnt really do this, but it might well be what Trump will do.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 12:07 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
As far as Russia goes I don't think Trump would want to give the Democrats a reason to say we were right about you being a Russian asset. What would Putin gain?

..exactly what he’s been after this whole time: Destabilizing American/Western Democracy.. why wouldn’t he do it? Let the orange guy and his family pay rent in his county while watching Americans lose their minds over it, point fingers, distrust one another, political parties, politicians, other voters, the electoral and democratic systems in general etc etc that’s been Putin’s objective all along and that’s what he’d gain from stirring the pot by letting the orange guy and his spawn move in. Pretty inexpensive way to get America to tear itself apart.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 12:11 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
If the filer is committing fraud, then yes, they will be prosecuted. But if Trump gave the filer false information, then Trump is on the hook, not the filer.

The accusations are Trump's tax forms are fraudulently prepared.

Like, a tax deduction for $747,622 to Ivanka Trump for consulting fees.

"“I did all the tax preparation,” the dour accountant told TV interviewers. “He never saw the product until it was presented to him for signature.” Mitnick added, with apparent pride: “Those returns were entirely created by us.”
https://www.propublica.org/article/meet ... than-he-is

Well, it looks like two parties are in trouble. The filer will have questions to answer, but Trump is going to have to answer for the double dealing as well. Why did he pay his daughter those funds? It might be important to note that Trump gets a benefit of this fraud. Just because he never saw the documents until he had to sign, he could still have been involved in the illegal payment.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 1:36 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
If the filer is committing fraud, then yes, they will be prosecuted. But if Trump gave the filer false information, then Trump is on the hook, not the filer.

The accusations are Trump's tax forms are fraudulently prepared.

Like, a tax deduction for $747,622 to Ivanka Trump for consulting fees.

"“I did all the tax preparation,” the dour accountant told TV interviewers. “He never saw the product until it was presented to him for signature.” Mitnick added, with apparent pride: “Those returns were entirely created by us.”
https://www.propublica.org/article/meet ... than-he-is

Well, it looks like two parties are in trouble. The filer will have questions to answer, but Trump is going to have to answer for the double dealing as well. Why did he pay his daughter those funds? It might be important to note that Trump gets a benefit of this fraud. Just because he never saw the documents until he had to sign, he could still have been involved in the illegal payment.

..annnnnd, just like every document anyone ever signs, he was signing off stating that everything in the document was true & factual - like everyone else signing every other document ever, he was signing off stating that he had read it and that everything was correct. Even if he didn’t prepare it, he signed off on it, sooooo, if there’s misrepresentations or outright fraud, he authorized it with his signature.

I don’t really see how he can get away with a “someone else did my homework, I just submitted it,” excuse when he signed his name to it stating that it was accurate & factual.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 2:27 pm

How would that work?

I prepare your tax returns, and then I commit tax fraud in your behalf. Why would I do that if you didnt order me to do so, and maybe also bribe me to do so?

So if I go to prison for your tax fraud how would you not also be guilty of tax fraud?

And isnt there a space for both signatures at the bottom of state and federal tax forms (one for you, and for the person who prepared the tax form)?

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 2:39 pm

Quote:
Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return and accompanying schedules and statements, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, they are true, correct, and complete. Declaration of preparer (other than taxpayer) is based on all information of which preparer has any knowledge.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 3:03 pm

Trump is responsible for his tax returns----not the preparer, unless it can be proven that the preparer was filing the false return under his own volition, and that the preparer didn't consult Trump during the filing of the false return.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 4:31 pm

With tax returns, we are responsible for turning in our W2's to the tax payer person who handles taxes for us. We are responsible to report anything we make for taxes. If you are self employed, you are responsible for with holding your own money for taxes. If you make wages in tips, you have to pay taxes on that as well. If you work as a stripper, you have to report any tips you get for taxes. Any money you make from selling your items, you gotta report for taxes, same as for any content you have made and sold online.

Or course I am pretty sure many people commit some sort of tax fraud like how many people report their yard sale earnings for taxes? If you make something for someone and sell it to them, do they report it on their taxes? Maybe not. Or if you go to a bizarre fair, do all those people with their booths report their hard earnings to taxes for their items they've sold they had made?

What about if someone gives you money to help you buy food and stuff, I doubt you would report that to taxes. Even if you are on SSI, you have to report it to them but I doubt you would.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 5:43 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

..exactly what he’s been after this whole time: Destabilizing American/Western Democracy.. why wouldn’t he do it? Let the orange guy and his family pay rent in his county while watching Americans lose their minds over it, point fingers, distrust one another, political parties, politicians, other voters, the electoral and democratic systems in general etc etc that’s been Putin’s objective all along and that’s what he’d gain from stirring the pot by letting the orange guy and his spawn move in. Pretty inexpensive way to get America to tear itself apart.

If this happens it would a big thing for a couple of days then he would be gone, a non story. If Putin could do it he would make sure no country takes him. The trials and appeals would go on for years then prison with MAGA grievance, conspiracy theorys and martyrdom growing all the way.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 4:06 pm

Legal experts have been saying for a week now that President Donald Trump's court cases to throw out ballots and turn around his election loss were bound to fail.

Throughout Friday, the failures piled up.

In one day, nine cases meant to attack President-elect Joe Biden's win in key states were denied or dropped, adding up to a brutal series of losses for the President, who's already lost and refuses to let go. Many of the cases are built upon a foundational idea that absentee voting and slight mismanagement of elections invite widespread fraud, which is not proven and state leaders have overwhelming said did not happen in 2020.

In court on Friday:

• The Trump campaign lost six cases in Montgomery County and Philadelphia County in Pennsylvania over whether almost 9,000 absentee ballots could be thrown out.

• The Trump campaign dropped a lawsuit in Arizona seeking a review by hand of all ballots because Biden's win wouldn't change.

• A Republican candidate and voters in Pennsylvania lost a case over absentee ballots that arrived after Election Day, because they didn't have the ability to sue.

• A case addressing similar issue is still waiting on decisions from the Supreme Court -- which has remained noticeably silent on election disputes since before Election Day.

• Pollwatchers in Michigan lost their case to stop the certification of votes in Detroit, and a judge rejected their allegations of fraud.

• A law firm leading the most broad challenge in Pennsylvania -- perhaps the most significant state for Trump's post-election fight -- dropped out.

No wonder poor Donny-boy seems depressed.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 5:33 pm

old_comedywriter wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
If and when he eventually realizes he can't stay in office, my guess is that he will flee to another country. He actually mentioned this possibility at a rally, if I recall correctly, without saying which country.

I'm sure there are plenty of "s**thole countries" in the market for a used dictator.

Well, given the contents of the president's daily briefs, I'm sure Trump has as many consulting gigs as he wants. He's also free to fly anywhere in the world no-questions-asked until inauguration day, so he could easily hop to a country with a friendly government and beautiful women (like Brazil or Poland) or even one without an extradition treaty with the US.

I'd also venture a bet that he's significantly less scared than America's looting and rent-seeking castes are at the moment, given our debt situation and the dearth of countries dumb enough to take them in.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 12:28 am

It's not jail that Donald is afraid of, or at least, it shouldn't be. That would actually help protect him, so that's something he should actually seek out once he finally accepts he won't be president anymore come January 20th, if he knows what's good for him (which I somehow doubt). Otherwise, in the next couple years, some debt collectors will happily come and break his legs. I have no sympathy for him when that happens. :lol: Sure, he will experience the same bankruptcy if he goes to jail, but that would likely prevent any physical leg breaking...unless said debt collectors plan to wait until he gets out to do so. Perhaps life in prison is the best option for Donald.