Smartmatic poll machines come into question

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2020, 4:21 am

Quote:
Doubts on the integrity of the 2022 automated national and local elections may again be questioned if the Commission on Elections will depend on the vote-counting machines provided by Smartmatic after former Mayor Rudy Giuliani of New York claimed that the Smartmatic’s VCMs being used in the Philippines—and recently in the United States—were vulnerable to poll fraud.

In an interview with the Fox Business Channel, Giuliani, in his capacity as lawyer of reelectionist US President Donald Trump, claimed that the Smartmatic vote-counting machines were “hackable.” https://www.manilastandard.net/news/nat ... stion.html

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2020, 5:48 am

Hasn't that been known about for years. Why we don't use them in the UK.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2020, 6:08 am

The cheesey name "smartmatic" already makes me suspicious of them.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2020, 8:37 am

I'm sure this is purely coincidental...

Quote:
In November 2020, Neffenger was named a volunteer member of the Joe Biden presidential transition Agency Review Team to support transition efforts related to the Department of Homeland Security.[10]

Neffinger is Chairman of the Board of Directors of Smartmatic, a multinational company that specializes in building and implementing electronic voting systems.[11]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_V._Neffenger

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2020, 9:01 pm

I'm not certain these are from exhibits attached to the recent case regarding the voting machines, although having been sourced from one of the lawyers behind the case, it is likely...

Of particular interest was item 26 on the final image:

Quote:
I am alarmed because of what is occurring in plain sight during this 2020 election for President of the United States". The circumstances and events are eerily reminiscent of whta happened with the Smartmatic software electronically changing votes in the 2013 presidential election in Venezuela. What happened in the United States was that the vote counting was abruptly stopped in five states using Dominion software. At the time that vote counting stopped, Donald Trump was significantly ahead in the votes. Then during the wee hours of the morning, when there was no vote counting occurring and the vote count reporting was off-line, something significant changed. When the vote reporting resumed the very next morning there was a very pronounced change in voting in favor of the opposing candicate, Joe Biden.

Whether this information is true or accurate remains to be determined, but it is interesting that this looks to have potentially come from someone with experience in the use of the system in another country, and so less likely to be as partisan as a citizen directly affected by the vote results.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 6:46 pm

Quote:
Dominion Voting Systems backed out on Thursday night of a commitment to attend an oversight hearing before Pennsylvania’s State Government Committee and instead “lawyered up,” says a Pennsylvania lawmaker.

Source: https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/dominion-backs-out-pa-hearing-hours-after-trump-attorney-accuses-them

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 7:04 pm

You know how I know when people know less digital forensics than I do? (I've been a hacker most of my life)

It's when everyone is posting such & such about so & so's servers as a means of attributing blame.

It's never that simple.

I break software for a fortune 500 for a living. Anything can be hacked. Any data can be breached. You are questioning companies right now when you should be questioning actual technology. Don't get it twisted.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 7:07 pm

Pepe wrote:
Quote:
Doubts on the integrity of the 2022 automated national and local elections may again be questioned if the Commission on Elections will depend on the vote-counting machines provided by Smartmatic after former Mayor Rudy Giuliani of New York claimed that the Smartmatic’s VCMs being used in the Philippines—and recently in the United States—were vulnerable to poll fraud.

In an interview with the Fox Business Channel, Giuliani, in his capacity as lawyer of reelectionist US President Donald Trump, claimed that the Smartmatic vote-counting machines were “hackable.” https://www.manilastandard.net/news/nat ... stion.html

Rudy Giuliani doesn't even know what AES encryption is. Rudy Giuliani has zero background in technology & pretends to as a selling point of his legal practice.

He has repeatedly breached federal data privacy laws on his iPhone.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 7:22 pm

cberg wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Quote:

Rudy Giuliani doesn't even know what AES encryption is. Rudy Giuliani has zero background in technology & pretends to as a selling point of his legal practice.

It's a good thing he probably has someone else managing his email server, then, rather than setting one up in his house for official use.

His job as a lawyer isn't to understand AES encryption (or any other technology), simply to represent his client in court. He will have experts he uses to take care of the explanation\understanding of any subjects\areas required to be explained in court.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 7:47 pm

So, Donald Trump and his loyal fans grasp at yet another straw, an the rest of us are supposed to doubt the integrity of that straw.

Never mind that neither Mr. Trump nor the most strident members of his organization are computer literate, forget about the fact that Mr. Trump is facing 15+ years in prison for his own crimes, and completely disregard Mr. Trump's own desperation to hold on to the Presidency far longer than the U.S. Constitution legally permits -- the rest of us are supposed to simply lap up whatever erupts from his lips and love it, no matter how foul and poluted it really is.

I can hardly wait for Mr. Trump to shut up and face reality -- he lost the election and he will forever be a LOSER!!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 7:52 pm

Brictoria wrote:
cberg wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Quote:

It's a good thing he probably has someone else managing his email server, then, rather than setting one up in his house for official use.

His job as a lawyer isn't to understand AES encryption (or any other technology), simply to represent his client in court. He will have experts he uses to take care of the explanation\understanding of any subjects\areas required to be explained in court.

No, he's an abject moron who was appointed as Trump's "cybersecurity" czar.
Rudy Giuliani needed Apple genius help to unlock his iPhone after being named Trump cybersecurity adviser

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 8:05 pm

cberg wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
cberg wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Quote:

No, he's an abject moron who was appointed as Trump's "cybersecurity" czar.
Rudy Giuliani needed Apple genius help to unlock his iPhone after being named Trump cybersecurity adviser

Locking a phone and forgetting the passcode could happen to anyone:
Quote:
More than 15 phones belonging to the investigative team of then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller were wiped before they were handed over to the Office of the Inspector General to be examined for proof of potential bias.

Quote:
Andrew Weissman, Mueller's deputy, 'accidentally wiped' his phone on two occasions after entering the wrong passcode too many times in March 2018, and lawyer James Quarles' phone 'wiped itself' without his intervention, the documents claim. .

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mueller-team-accidentally-wiped-more-than-15-phones/ar-BB18Vkxg

But this has nothing to do with the "Smartmatic"\"Dominion"\"Scytl" news which was the subject of the thread, so can we go back to discussing that, please.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 8:10 pm

I'm simply pointing out an inexpert bunch of viewpoints on a simple matter of databasing that are obviously getting crossed up.

This is a foregone conclusion by the numbers anyway, calling something into question does not in fact confer questionableness.

Forgetting a passcode does not happen to anyone remotely qualified to run cybersecurity operations for a large country & Giuliani is the head of the investigations into voter fraud. Debunking his nonexistent qualifications in this area is on topic.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 8:14 pm

For that matter, Giuliani went outside federal law in asking Apple, an original equipment manufacturer, to deal in any security concerns regarding his device.

We have more than one wing of the Pentagon for national security matters of digital security.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 8:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
Never mind that neither Mr. Trump nor the most strident members of his organization are computer literate, forget about the fact that Mr. Trump is facing 15+ years in prison for his own crimes

Could you state what those crimes are and the sentences they carry as listed under US law? Or is what you're calling a fact really just a fantasy?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 8:58 pm

For starters, a man died in Trump's apartment high rise due to the nonexistent fire sprinklers, which were legally required.

He also stands accused of rape.