Page 8 of 31 [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 1:28 pm

Brictoria wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
How’s it doing in South Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia, Canada? Etc

Sooooo many countries have figured out how to do this reasonably well while trump refused to even try, which is why 145,000 Americans are dead and that number is still going to climb much higher.

Yep, we're doing SO much better here in Australia...Confirmed cases hit a record high today, surpassing the previous top recorded on March 28, and appearing to be on an upward trajectory.

And Canada isn't exactly a good comparrison, either, with anyone catching it there having more than twice the chance of dieing compared to someone in the USA...

Only because almost all of the deaths in Canada have been at outbreaks in seniors homes early on in the pandemic. Obviously these people have much higher risk factors, And early on not as much was known about how to treat the disease. And also mostly in Quebec and Ontario where their leadership didn’t get their s**t together early on.

Here on the left coast, we’ve had 189 deaths out of more than 5 Million ppl. Way lower chance of even getting it here vs almost anywhere in the USA.

And I’ll still take the Canadian death toll of 8,870 vs the American one of 146,665 any day.

Death toll by population vs case numbers we’re at 235 deaths/1M ppl in Canada vs 443 deaths/1M Americans. Just by being an American vs Canadian you’re almost twice as likely to die from COVID-19. The only reason their deaths/known cases rate is lower is that there are SO MANY active cases in the USA.. which isn’t something for them to brag about. Plus their death toll, even with more advanced treatment knowledge now vs the beginning, will certainly climb and close that rate gap some.

No matter what way you slice it, we’re doing worlds better at this in Canada vs the USA and there isn’t anyone on this planet who can think critically or do math at all who would argue otherwise.

As for Australia, record numbers.. but what are the numbers? Record % increases, perhaps, but still ultra low numbers when compared to the rest of the world. With only 13,302 cases, 133 deaths and a death rate of only 5 people/1 Million citizens Australia is doing extremely well.

Sooooo, either you don’t understand % rate & % change math.. or you do and just felt like arguing for no particular reason.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 1:54 pm

as long as their king gives them explicit permission to hate, they will excuse him EVERYTHING.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 2:55 pm

Ignorance

IS

A Shortest
Way to Describe
Support For Trump;
Same With Other 'Religions'
That Comes From 'Dark Triads
Of Demagogues'
And Other
Folks Who
WiLL Only See
As HigH As 'Bully';
Vicious Cycle It Is
in 'Pale Ghettos' too;
You Practically have to
Become 'Superman' to Get
Away With BeinG A Loving Human
Male Where i AM at Least, WHere Folks
Pretend they Don't See You; hehe as that
'Tradition' comes and goes and CoMeS AGAiN too...
Human Archetypes:
Minions, Despicable
Leaders; And So-Called
Super Heroes that Unfortunately
Are Transformed into Stories as
Demagogues By Villain Underlings Again;
Actors Change; the Powerful And Weak Among Play
Continue to Just Be i AM; Coming Closer to Breathing
LoVE iN LiGHT
For A
Few 'Seeing'...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Last edited by aghogday on 23 Jul 2020, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 2:57 pm

one can get away with "being a loving human" so long as one watches one's back.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 3:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:
one can get away with "being a loving human" so long as one watches one's back.

Yep; Where i Live You
Literally Have to Become
'Supernormal' at Least;
As Hey Baby This is
Trump Town
USA
Down
Here
Way
Down
Here in LA
Lower Alabama
The FLoWeRS Are
Beautiful in the Florida
Panhandle But The Natives
Steam Restless in Ignorance Still...
Empirically Measurable When The City
Council And Mayor Who Provided A Mandate
For Masks Hit the National News Where the
Locals Here and City Council Members
Dictate How Conspiracy
Theories of Further
Ignorance
Rule their
Soul Like they
Are Getting 'the
Mark of the Beast'
From The Devil they Already Know Close Within;
Meanwhile, Taking Away Breath for Living Human
Beings Now Hoping For the End of the World Where
Their 'Crusading SaME 'Traditional Demagogue' Tortures All the Folks
Who Are Different Like Gay Folks And Transgender Folks They See As Foe
Forever
Yes
Triad
Trinity
of Evil
Easy Enough
to See, Know, Feel,
And Sense For Anyone
Educated In Soul of Love For Real;
Meanwhile, Gnashing of Teeth and
Weeping When They Find Out Their 'Light' is DarK NoW.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 3:23 pm

yes, the weeping and gnashing of teeth in purgatory or outer darkness. not enough will learn while they are still on earth, hardly any in fact.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 3:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
yes, the weeping and gnashing of teeth in purgatory or outer darkness. not enough will learn while they are still on earth, hardly any in fact.

My Mix of Ballet and Martial Arts Free Style Public Dance Is Up to 13,430 Miles Now in Close to 83 Months
of Doing that Now; i Was Accosted A Bit When i First Started Out at 210 Pounds; But as i continued to
Get Stronger and Stronger; Literally as Strong as Orangutan now at 248 Pounds With Very Dense
Bones, Ligaments, Tendons, And Muscles; Really, Basically Floating on my Feet Mistaken
for Literally Wearing Skates; i don't often Get bothered anymore; Folks Tend
to keep their Social Distance; which works Great for Pandemic Masked
Public Dance Now Anyway; i've been told i am No 'King David'
With a Right to Public Dance By Shining My Light
ThiS Way at the Beginning by Southern
Baptist Folks and i said that's Okay
Already did 'John 14:12' and
Next comes Doing
What Dave Did in More
Vile Ways to Glorify the
Freedom; Yes, God Nature Naked
of Me All Free; Anyway, Basically
if you Look Like a Southern Baptist
Softball Player who will Likely Hit a Home Run;
It don't matter If You Play Ball Or Not; It's Clear
to See You'd Be a Handful Might Of A Problem to Tangle With hehe;
1520 Pounds at Max of Leg Pressing 8 Reps does bring some Lightening
Quick Martial Arts Kicks; but i only Dance/Spar With Air As Water my FRiEnD...
'iT WaS A DarK
And Stormy
Night'..

-Snoopy
With Voice of
'Woodstock' Free..;)

Vegeta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jul 2020, 7:03 am

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 7:44 am

Vegeta wrote:
https://youtu.be/O7RV-70A0Hw thats why. :lol: :lol:

Newsflash, this election is a referendum on Trump. It's all about him, just as he's always wanted it. That said, the Democrats could run Carrot Top as their nominee and Carrot Top would be up by 10 points because no one really cares who the Democratic nominee is so long as Trump is removed. He's mishandled a pandemic, cratered the economy, and provoked civil unrest, you could pick a name out of a hat of all American citizens and that person would do better than what we've currently got.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 10:45 am

"They are doing so because they see endangering others as empowerment, a way of telling people whom they believe look down on them that no one, no matter how smart or accomplished, can tell them what to do. For these people, our national motto is not “In God We Trust” or “E Pluribus Unum,” but rather: “You’re Not the Boss of Me.”

"So committed are these Americans to assuaging their sore egos over their imagined lack of status that they are literally willing to die for it. Unfortunately, they seem all too willing to take many of us with them. This is not Jonestown or Heaven’s Gate, whose cult members fled society to go and die together. This is worse. This is an attempt to create a Jonestown in every American city and town and then invite the rest of us over for a cool drink."

"The irony here is that the same people who reject expertise because they believe they are smart and clued in to the mistakes of experts will accept the word of Donald Trump — a man who has obliterated most of the projects he’s ever been involved with and who stands as the uncontested champion of American public liars — as the gospel truth."

Overall, The 'Reason' That is No 'Real Rationality' at all, for why so many
Folks Support 'A Death Cult And A Suicide Squad' Shooting Themselves
in the Feet For A '5th Avenue', So Freely Provided, IS A Same 'ReaSoN' Folks
Support Conspiracy Theories, Overall, Looking For Meaning and Purpose in Life,
Externally as Misery Within That Will Not Be 'FeeLeD' Up With Genuine Self-Esteem
And Altruistic Love to Sincerely Give And Share; 'They' Will God Dam Sure Find It Externally Somewhere
Else for Myths
Or Fictions
Or Lies;
Whatever 'Church'
Soothes The Eternal
Emptiness Within at
Least TemporarilY aS iGNorance
of Empty Souls Will Please for whatever
Drop of Water In Hell Exists to make them
Forget What they are Yet to Fulfill Within; Nah,
IT's Not Trump;
It'S Not A Bigger
Four Wheel Drive
And Automatic Gun
In A Bigger Temple for
THeir God Of Statues in Words;
It's What is Filled Up Within as SMaRT
FLoWeRS WiTHIN or Just Thorns Without
Flowers as Fallen Flowers on Roses Will Dismay Never Truly
RiSinG As Misery Loves Company Even More In Death Squads
of Suicide Now; Where Parents Now are Willing to Even Use their
Children as Guinea Pigs to Let Science Experiment on the Coming
Falling ones to See Just how Bad the Virus is When Children Come into
Crowds
of
Close
Proximity
In Killing
Fields of School,
Whatever Color Kool Aid
'Trump Jim Jones Donald Duck' Serves
Is What They Will Gladly Taste Test Next.
i often Laughed at Alex Jones Ways of Life
But The Danger of this Cult Is Viruses don't
Care Who
And What
Smart NoW
oR iGnorance
Breathes; It's Not
JusT A 'Gold Member'
'Prophecy Movie'; This Date, The Cult
And Conspiracy Theories Are Nation Wide';
GRoWinG Globally More; A Much Larger Pandemic as the Roaches have
Left the Motel in Broad Daylight, too many to 'Spray Down' Now in Spawn.
Like Just Another Hurricane Hanna, Yet Category 6 in Calm Eye of Storming
Love, i Circle A Globe Each Day With Poetry Tearing Eyes of Lovely Maidens to
See Brighter Love
So Free;
YeS, iT's
True While
'They Were Not
Watching', It is no
Conspiracy Theory;
Not Only Did i iNHeRiT
THE (ir) EarTH... SMiLeS oF THeiR Lovely
Daughters too Among the Thousands
With me in Just Moonlight Bliss of Joy;
Yes, of Course as ALWaYS; Evidence Provided Upon Request
In THouSanD of Photos, While The 'Trump Elders' Were FaLLeN Asleep,
Life is Good With 'The Positive Kind of Magical Chaos Think' When
Dreams Come
To Fruition
iN Ecstasy
Beyond
What
Any Trump
Kool Aid Will Ever BReATHE NoW aT LEasT
KinGDoM oF HeAVeN NeVeR Ends or Finishes
ALWaYS BeGiNNiNG AGaiN STarTinG NoW FoR REaL

WiTHiN to Give
And Share Freely
With Least Harm
to All of Nature (God)

The Worst Part of Life; May Be the Purgatory GRaY of No
MaGiC DarK Or LiGHT aT ALL JusT STaGNaNT RoTTiNG RaNDoM SoUP

of

NoTHiNG

NoTHinG

AT

ALL Yes
For Some Folks
Believing In Donald
Trump And Statues
of God Never Seeing
Real Self Esteem Genuine
Loving Giving Sharing WiTHIN

Is

Better

Than

Nothing

Just Nothing

At All Same ReaSon

Some Folks Inflict Other
Ways of Self Harm; 'Politics/Religion/Philosophy Colored With 'Trump'
Is Just Another Knife for them to inflict Pain on Themselves And An Entire Nation Now as
Fear and Hate is A Pandemic of 'BLacK Magical Chaos Thinking' iN Deed DarK Souls Still Suffocating to See...

On the Other 'Left Hand', 'Nether Land' iN Never Ending Stories of Bliss iMaGiNaTioN Creativity Bleeds As Nirvana
Kingdom of Heaven
WiTHiN NoW For Real
In 'White
MaGiC
Chaos
FRuiTioN'
For Real
As Empirical
Studies in Case
Ways Most Definitely
Irrefutably Show Now...
At this Point Evidence
Provided Still Once UPoN A Story of Request...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 500345002/

Vegeta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2020, 6:28 am

Hes a jerk i never liked him, i have been on the left for so long but biden hes not right in the head and sadly for a first time i have to vote for a jerk over someone who cannot think strait.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 7:46 am

Fnord wrote:
President Donald Trump's re-election campaign is floundering because he is incapable of doing anything but bragging about himself.  When delivering speaches, he tries to turn the focus from the coronavirus pandemic and the related economic fallout, he nurses private grievances publically, his delivery is muddled, and he goes off on whatever tangents seems to suit the moment.

When the pandemic erupted during the presidency of Donald J. Trump, his stratospheric self-absorption, ineptitude, denial of science, and callousness reached heights even his most ferocious critics couldn't have imagined.  His nostrums, including disinfectant, sunlight, and hydroxychloroquine, could be dismissed as comical if they weren't downright dangerous, encouraging possibly fatal experimentation, while breeding false hopes.

By portraying mask-wearing as effete and elitist, even as those who come near him are tested, disparaging social distancing (recall his reckless rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and unmasked Fourth of July celebration at South Dakota's Mount Rushmore), and downplaying the danger of a second wave of infections, President Trump has been the problem, not the solution. It would be hard to imagine a less suitable helmsman to steer this country out of a public health catastrophe. His eternal spin, tweets, and fulminations about "fake news" can't obscure the obvious: his administration's management of the pandemic has been shambolic.

He takes action to help his buddy, Roger Stone (a convicted felon), but he cannot take decisive steps to combat the coronavirus pandemic and save lives.  Trying to discredit Dr. Anthony Fauci is merely a desperate and futile attempt divert blame for what is obviously Trump's very own ineptitude and catastrophic handling of the deadly pandemic.

What we are seeing in plain view is a narcissistic and antisocial president who is unstable and unraveling daily.  He is faced with falling poll numbers, a ferocious and ignored pandemic, an economic recession that he caused, a damaging tell-all book by his niece and defeats by the Supreme Court.

Trump's responses include, but are not limited to: bullying, claiming victimhood, conspiracy theories, corruption, incoherent tweets, lies, rants, reckless behavior, scapegoating, stubbornness, threats, total lack of empathy, unprecedented breaking of norms, use of projection, vindictiveness, whining, and his refusal to accept responsibility for his actions and his corruption.

Added to his personality is the strong likelihood of Trump's apparent cognitive decline.  His vocabulary range has narrowed.  His abstract thinking is limited.  His reasoning is shallow.  He is unfocused.  He has difficulty processing complex information.  His decision-making is impaired.  His judgment is poor.  He often appears listless and apathetic.  He repeats simple words and phrases over and over.  He cannot shift and adapt.  His gait can be abnormal.  He had trouble drinking a glass of water with one hand.  Trump's apparent cognitive decline could be reflective of dementia; such cognitive problems gradually get worse, not better.

Heading to the November election, Trump's mental faculties may continue to unravel in the face of mounting pressures and stress.  He will become increasingly erratic, unstable and desperate.  His display of power and corruption can not be hidden.  He will take great measures to suppress voter turnout.  He will incite racism and a culture war.  He will blame and scapegoat others.  He will engage in escalating rants, tweets, name-calling, accusations, overt threats, projections, bullying, lies, gaslighting, triangulation, obstruction and whining.  His thinking, reasoning, decision-making and judgment will likely continue to wane as he desperately tries to hold on to what little credibility he may have left.

The next four months will be unnerving and unsettling for sure.  Trump is unraveling before our eyes.  His mind may not hold together much longer.  We face a future when our Commander-In-Chief may no longer be capable of discerning an ally from an enemy ... if he is even capable of doing so in the present.

Very eloquent analysis, Fnord. Well said.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 4:58 pm

whatever else about the man, the incessant criticism of biden's many verbal gaffes is a bit unfair and below the belt IMHO, in that the man is a long-time stutterer, and the bulk of his gaffes are directly or indirectly related to a veteran stutterer's verbal workarounds.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2020, 5:43 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
Fnord wrote:
President Donald Trump's re-election campaign is floundering ... <a lot of careful observations> ...the next four months will be unnerving and unsettling for sure.  Trump is unraveling before our eyes.  His mind may not hold together much longer.  We face a future when our Commander-In-Chief may no longer be capable of discerning an ally from an enemy ... if he is even capable of doing so in the present.
Very eloquent analysis, Fnord.  Well said.
Thank you, but I was just stating the obvious.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 3:36 am

auntblabby wrote:
whatever else about the man, the incessant criticism of biden's many verbal gaffes is a bit unfair and below the belt IMHO, in that the man is a long-time stutterer, and the bulk of his gaffes are directly or indirectly related to a veteran stutterer's verbal workarounds.

Typical Trump though, he will always use disabled people's disabilities against them. Like that reporter.

I also hate it when people try to make out Trump is disabled like that would be the worse thing about him if he was. I myself find stairs hard but I'm not a bigot.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 5:39 pm

I remember when I first started knowing who Trump is back in 2016, and it was all people saying how awful he is. All the way up until the election, the disparity of the people I knew who hated Trump vs. people who supported him was the same as it is on this thread(about 93% of people being anti-Trump). And yet on election night, HALF THE FREAKING COUNTRY had voted for him. Even well after it has become very obvious what kind of person he is. Now there’s this deadly virus that Trump has played a role in spreading, so if he gets re elected it is seriously going to mess with my fundamental understanding of reality.

I wish we had a president who worked for everyone. I wish that there was no democrat or republican label. Just someone who only HELPS us all.