Page 2 of 31 [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2020, 9:57 am

I'm convinced there are some people who will never stop supporting Trump. My stepmom is one of them. My stepmom is a gay black woman with a very hippie outlook, she is religious and has some conservative views but if you ask if she thinks cops are racist she will say yes, etc. She doesn't have the typical outlook of a conservative. Her support for Trump is almost completely based on conspiracy theories, she used to listen to Alex Jones and now she watches Fox News and conspiracy channels on YouTube. She follows Q, and this idea that Trump is chosen by god to root out the deep state, or something. She doesn't believe me when I tell her Trump is anti-LGBT, or any other political position he has or thing he did. If I say "hey look Trump defunded this or that" whether it's the environment or LGBT rights, she will say it's fake news, it's like she thinks Trump is a liberal and any report of him doing bad things is a conspiracy. If I back her into a corner with evidence she will shift gears and say "well he has to do that because..." and then come up with some other conspiracy. Everything Trump does, no matter how stupid or evil, is part of some grand plan, he's playing 3D chess. I feel like she's being brainwashed. I stopped arguing with her about it.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 10:00 am

I know religious conservatives who say they despise Mr. Trump as a person, but who also say they will vote for him anyway, and only because he has come out against abortion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 10:25 am

his "shoot somebody on fifth avenue" comment was another way of saying the fake xtian evangelicals would support him even if it came out that he was the antichrist.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 10:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
his "shoot somebody on fifth avenue" comment was another way of saying the fake xtian evangelicals would support him even if it came out that he was the antichrist.
I was gonna post "Evidence, please?", but the more I thought about it, the more sense it made.

It may be more than just a coincidence that many evangelicals are also gun-toting survivalists, too.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2020, 10:43 am

Fnord wrote:
I was gonna post "Evidence, please?", but the more I thought about it, the more sense it made.

It may be more than just a coincidence that many evangelicals are also gun-toting survivalists, too.

I never understood why those things go together. Isn't Christianity about turning the other cheek, etc?

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 10:56 am

usagibryan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I was gonna post "Evidence, please?", but the more I thought about it, the more sense it made.  It may be more than just a coincidence that many evangelicals are also gun-toting survivalists, too.
I never understood why those things go together. Isn't Christianity about turning the other cheek, etc?
Well, there's two kinds of Christianity...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 11:25 am

i'd bet good money that the fake xtians would not only enthusiastically take the mark of the beast, but would most likely be the enforcers to make sure the rest of us did as well.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 11:49 am

Trump doesn't stand a chance of winning again. People voted against Hillary more than for Trump. I told everyone I could that Hillary can't win and I was sadly right.

Trumps popularity is a story of how far social skills alone can take you. This is something we understand too well.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 12:13 pm

he has installed nationwide, corrupt tools to insure GOP remains in power and to minimize damage to "their brand" among pro-GOP'ers as well as the shrinking number of truly neutral folk [clueless].

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 12:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
Well, there's two kinds of Christianity...

So the Christianity on the left is "real" Christianity, while the one on the right is just the "American" Christianity?

Sometimes I wonder if I would keep my faith as an Episcopalian, or try to convince Christians to look themselves in the mirror and try to be better people? :scratch:

Er, NOT that I've become an anti-Christian or anything like that! But they way things are going right now, I'd rather not get myself involved in ANY religious communities, and just focus more on being "spiritual" like Miss Kuraudo, if she's still here.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 12:51 pm

the fake xtians, aka "prosperity gospel worshippers" have cast their lot, in the choice between god and mammon, decidedly with mammon. they think they are the only ones with god's own royal road into heaven when in their good book it says specifically that it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of the needle [narrow old jerusalem gate] than for a rich man to enter heaven.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 3:06 pm

Neurons not firing + tv propaganda = magas.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 3:08 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Cause Biden's so deplorable that what other choice does a person have?
Like, what harm do you think Biden could possibly do regarding helping the country going back to normal? I’m just saying, Trump should never be forgiven for his role in how this started.

Your to Young to remember Biden and his long career in the senate and his evil deeds.

I must have missed when Biden lied to everyone about basic scientific facts and killed ~140,000 people and climbing.

Oh wait, only trump has done that.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 3:54 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Like, what harm do you think Biden could possibly do regarding helping the country going back to normal? I’m just saying, Trump should never be forgiven for his role in how this started.

Your to Young to remember Biden and his long career in the senate and his evil deeds.

I must have missed when Biden lied to everyone about basic scientific facts and killed ~140,000 people and climbing.

How about the hundreds of thousand of dead Iraqis Biden is responsible for, not to mention all the other criminal wars that resulted in monumental death tolls?

Your support of war-mongering Democrats is truly deplorable!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Jul 2020, 4:32 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

How about the hundreds of thousand of dead Iraqis Biden is responsible for, not to mention all the other criminal wars that resulted in monumental death tolls?

Your support of war-mongering Democrats is truly deplorable!

That's a rather simplistic way of looking at things. For starters, the estimate of the number of civilians killed by the coalition is much, much lower than "hundreds of thousands". The vast majority of people who died in that war were killed by other Iraqis.

Sometimes war is a necessary evil. Well, if it's evil at all. Iraq is now a democracy. They have been freed from the rule of the tyrannical Hussein, a genocidal dictator who was himself a warmonger - remember his invasion of Kuwait? George W. Bush made a lot of mistakes, but liberating Iraq was not one of them in itself. The Bush administration failed badly in its attempts at nation building, but the alternative was condemning Iraq to an indefinite period under the Husseins, which is no better.

Biden does have a rocky foreign policy history of his own. For example, he was opposed to the Gulf War, which was undoubtedly a just conflict and the high point of American foreign policy after WWII. But nonetheless, he is a great, great man who has a long track record of standing up for what is right, and he will make a great president.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 4:45 pm

Biden is a corporate tool, plain and simple. To call someone like him "great," is about one of the most revolting things I've ever seem posted on this board. It doesn't surprise me, though, since you have a history of offerring little more that state propaganda and CIA talking posts.

Oscar Meyer Lansky