Page 7 of 31 [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 7:17 pm

I don't have cable. I do have eyes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 7:28 pm

i am reminded of the biblical thing about removing the plank from one's own eye so that one may better see to remove the mote from another's eye.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 7:43 pm

play the ball not the man

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 7:55 pm

i cannot and will not play that man's ball game.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 8:41 pm

Romofan wrote:
I'm a lifelong Democratic voter who thinks that George W Bush was possibly the worst President of all time...but I support Trump. The Democratic Party has fallen apart. They bash Trump constantly, but what have THEY done?

Major Democratic cities are in a shambles, with crime spiking, ANTIFA bullies fearlessly roaming the streets, and Dem mayors adding to the chaos by releasing convicts. Drug abuse has quietly spiked in our major Dem-run cities, as has AIDS and other once-controlled Venereal Diseases.

Communist China is our mortal enemy, but the Dems have gone on and on about...Russia as if it isn't an impoverished regional power. In fact, the Dems resurrected McCarthyism with their bogus "Russiagate" claims.

The Dems are using the most caustic racial divide and conquer tactics, pitting blacks vs whites, painting BLM jargon everywhere and undermining law and order by delegitimizing the police.

Donald Trump is the least of America's worries.
Regardless, how do you excuse the president blatantly ignoring pandemic warnings and then not wearing a mask at most of the briefings? And what about his bulls**t idea of injecting disinfectants when there was no evidence of that ever working?

Oh, and I’ll say again. Trump doesn’t shut down borders, it’s much more likely that we’d have little to no COVID in the states.

Sure doesn’t sound like a leader to me.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 8:54 pm

Whenever Trump acts (sending forces into out of control cities, for example), some people complain that he is a tyrant.

Whenever Trump sits back and lets the States sort things out, he is condemned as a weak leader.

As for the Pandemic...man, it's an Act of God (or the Commies). People were gonna die, they are dying all over the world in nations that Trump does not run.

It's very easy to claim that another politician would have handled things in a superior fashion, but Obama's record in dealing with infectious diseases seems worse.

Besides, do you remember the Far Left reaction when Trump tried to cut off flights to/from China?

Talk about having it both ways!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 8:56 pm

any party that wants to make health care even harder to get, will never get my vote.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 9:25 pm

Romofan wrote:
As for the Pandemic...man, it's an Act of God (or the Commies). People were gonna die, they are dying all over the world in nations that Trump does not run.
For that, I blame China’s government and perhaps governments in other countries that may have done the same crap Trump and China did. When I’m talking about Trump, I’m talking exclusively the US.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 9:29 pm

Understood. My larger point about the Pandemic, or whatever it is, still stands: NOBODY has the answers and if they claim to, well they are probably a politician.

I wear my mask devoutly, but I actually doubt they are much use against a virus. I socially isolate, but wonder if the lack of sunshine and fresh air is actually bad for me.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 9:47 pm

Romofan wrote:
Whenever Trump acts (sending forces into out of control cities, for example), some people complain that he is a tyrant.

Whenever Trump sits back and lets the States sort things out, he is condemned as a weak leader.

It's very easy to claim that another politician would have handled things in a superior fashion, but Obama's record in dealing with infectious diseases seems worse.

Besides, do you remember the Far Left reaction when Trump tried to cut off flights to/from China?

Talk about having it both ways!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cities and states told him to mind his own business, his secret police aren’t welcome there and aren’t helping. So, him forcing his crap on them is being a tyrant.

States have a right to complain when they’re requesting help with the pandemic or a hurricane or whatever disaster response and trump refuses to send help or do any work because it’s hard and he’s incompetent.

This “Act of God,” hit the entire world. Every world leader had to respond to it. Most world leaders had reasonably good responses and thus low cases and death tolls. trump’s response has been such a horrific failure that the USA has 3.7M+ cases and more than 145,000 dead and counting. trump’s actions and inactions caused that - not an “Act of God.” That death toll is on trump’s hands, not God’s. People in most other countries on earth have a lower chance of getting covid or dying from it in part because they have sane leaders, not science denying donald trump.

Obama’s record on pandemics is worse? :lol: :lol: :lol: REALLY? :lol: :lol: :lol: You mean like that time when 2 or 4 people died from Ebola? Oh ya, that was totally worse than the 145,000 Americans trump has let die so far.

You’re ridiculous. Criticizing trump’s anti-China rhetoric != suggesting trump shouldn’t do anything to mitigate the coronavirus pandemic. :roll:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 9:51 pm

Romofan wrote:
Understood. My larger point about the Pandemic, or whatever it is, still stands: NOBODY has the answers and if they claim to, well they are probably a politician.

I wear my mask devoutly, but I actually doubt they are much use against a virus. I socially isolate, but wonder if the lack of sunshine and fresh air is actually bad for me.

The entire world has the answers. That’s why everyone else is mitigating this pandemic fairly well - because we know what to do and are doing it. trump just continues to deny reality.

Good to wear a mask and distance. The entire world knows this is a good mitigation practice. No one says you have to stay indoors and avoid sunlight, though. Go outside, get sunlight, suntan, take a walk or bike ride or run etc. You can do almost anything you want to outdoors 6’ from others.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 10:02 pm

BBC News. July 22 2020

The head of the World Health Organization (WHO), Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, has warned that in most of the world, the virus is not under control and is "getting worse".

On Saturday, the WHO said the number of new cases had risen by almost 260,000 in the previous 24 hours - the largest single-day increase since the pandemic began.
Latin America has now become the epicentre of the pandemic.
Brazil has been the worst-hit so far, with a death toll of more than 80,000, but the number of daily deaths has steadied in recent weeks.
Colombia, which has seen about 7,000 deaths, has extended its nationwide lockdown after infections accelerated in several cities.

In Asia, India surpassed one million cases in mid-July and several states have re-imposed partial lockdowns just weeks after the two-month nationwide lockdown was ended.
South Africa and Egypt have seen the largest outbreaks so far in Africa. But testing rates are reported to be extremely low in some parts of the continent, which could be distorting official estimates of how far the virus has spread.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 11:47 pm

How’s it doing in South Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia, Canada? Etc

Sooooo many countries have figured out how to do this reasonably well while trump refused to even try, which is why 145,000 Americans are dead and that number is still going to climb much higher.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 11:51 pm

at the rate of acceleration of cases, will be before october before 200k casualties is reached. it feels like the PTB want this to happen, like a culling.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 12:09 am

goldfish21 wrote:
How’s it doing in South Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand, Australia, Canada? Etc

Sooooo many countries have figured out how to do this reasonably well while trump refused to even try, which is why 145,000 Americans are dead and that number is still going to climb much higher.

Yep, we're doing SO much better here in Australia...Confirmed cases hit a record high today, surpassing the previous top recorded on March 28, and appearing to be on an upward trajectory.

And Canada isn't exactly a good comparrison, either, with anyone catching it there having more than twice the chance of dieing compared to someone in the USA...

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 4:56 am

Romofan wrote:
It's very easy to claim that another politician would have handled things in a superior fashion, but Obama's record in dealing with infectious diseases seems worse

How so?