Page 1 of 31 [ 492 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 5:44 am

For a while, I at least sort of understood why people voted for Trump. People have their republican views on things, and I guess him being a bigot(remember when he made fun of a disabled person?)couldn't stop them from thinking about what they thought would be good for the country. I have a family member who is socially liberal, but economically conservative. I understood where he's coming from.

But then when COVID-19 started doing its thing in China, Trump was given many warnings about it. He ignored them all. You all know what that led to.

To set the record straight, I blame China's government for not shutting down borders when they should've and instead intentionally covering up stuff and therefore it spread way more than it could've, therefore the whole world is living under a pandemic. I blame Trump for why the US is living under a pandemic. Therefore, ideally I think that Trump, other members of the US government and China's government should all be removed from office and put in jail for opening the floodgates and causing so many deaths and also hardships of all kinds. And yet Trump is still in office and there's a chance he gets reelected in November and as far as I know no one has been removed from office in China or any other country who's government didn't do what they should've to protect their country from being hit hard. And there's apperantly still a lot of Trump supporters out there.

I want to understand, but how can I make sense of it when he missed a big opportunity to save many lives by not shutting down the borders the second he started getting warnings?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 6:27 am

One could similarly question how anyone could support the Democrats, as they had pushed back against the border closures or efforts by Mr Trump to stop the spread, even going as far as to encourage people to get out to public events in late February when it was becoming better known how it was impacting other countries.

There's plenty of blame for all sides in this.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 8:11 am

First oF All, A Definition of 'Trumps' By Professors Wiki:

"A demagogue /ˈdɛməɡɒɡ/ (from Greek δημαγωγός, a popular leader, a leader of a mob, from δῆμος, people, populace, the commons + ἀγωγός leading, leader)[1] or rabble-rouser[2][3] is a leader who gains popularity in a democracy by exploiting emotions, prejudice, and ignorance to arouse some against others, whipping up the passions of the crowd and shutting down reasoned deliberation.[1][4] Demagogues overturn established norms of political conduct, or promise or threaten to do so.[5]

Historian Reinhard Luthin defined demagogue thus: "What is a demagogue? He is a politician skilled in oratory, flattery and invective; evasive in discussing vital issues; promising everything to everybody; appealing to the passions rather than the reason of the public; and arousing racial, religious, and class prejudices—a man whose lust for power without recourse to principle leads him to seek to become a master of the masses. He has for centuries practiced his profession of 'man of the people'. He is a product of a political tradition nearly as old as western civilization itself."[6]

Demagogues have appeared in democracies since ancient Athens. They exploit a fundamental weakness in democracy: because ultimate power is held by the people, it is possible for the people to give that power to someone who appeals to the lowest common denominator of a large segment of the population.[7] Demagogues usually advocate immediate, forceful action to address a crisis while accusing moderate and thoughtful opponents of weakness or disloyalty. If elected to high executive office, demagogues typically unravel limits on executive power and attempt to convert their democracy to dictatorship"

Secondly And Same:

'Trump(S)' Is Just A Fancy Term For 'Psychopath';
In Trump's Case, A 'Weak Psychopath' With Fear
Who Rises to the Top by Manipulating the General Propensity
of Humans Who Live in 'Desert Scarcity' of Fears and Ignorance
That Naturally Follows Prejudice Against Others Deemed Lower in Desperation
To Rise Higher Than the Lowest Notch on the Totem Pole of Self Esteem And Satisfaction With Life (Love).

Not Surprisingly, 'Really' At All'; 'Abrahamic Religions' Use A Symbol of a Similar Demagogue Figure Head That Promises
Everything And Includes Torturing Forever For Not Worshipping the Demagogue in the Guise of Never Forgiving
Love That is An Oxymoron For Any Mother Who Loves a Child Unconditionally; in Other Words, A Cruel Psychopathic
Father Figure in Charge; A Vicious Cycle 'Trump' Learned from His 'Father'; And the Same So-Called Father Promising Heaven After Death Worshipped For Fear of Eternal Torture for Thousands of Years in a Book(s) Now Where the
Same General Human Archetype of Demagogue Is in Charge; What's the Difference (None) Between i Can Shoot
Someone on 5th Avenue and My 'Minions' Will Still Buy the Snake Oil i sell them in worshipping me; No Different
than the Abrahamic God (Symbol/Totem) who Will Retain Followers By Torturing Someone Forever Non-Forgiving
And Calling Themselves The Best Love That Ever Lived Promising them Heaven After Death; Minions Buying it Hook,
Line, And Sinker, Rolling Over on 5th Avenue Showing Their Soft UnderBelly and Throat for the Easy Soul 'Kill'.

Seriously, like 'Really', Folks Really Believe in a Symbol God Totem That Promises Heaven
After Death And Calls ITS Self Love Judging Folks Who Misbehave And Don't Worship
IT Torturing Them Forever, Non-Forgiving; Again Calling ITself the
Best Example of Love Ever; That's An 'IT' God Straight Out
of A Stephen King Movie in A Gutter, if i ever Heard of one
for sure; An Obvious Lie Still Now for anyone with Common
Sense and Feel of Real Agape Ever Forgiving Love For All For REAL;
Too Bad They Suffocated 'Jesus' at the End And the Middle of 'that Book'...
It's Like They Put A Knee On His Throat Until His HeART Beat of Love Stopped
And He too was transformed into an Eternal Non-Forgiving Judging God Sending Folks
Who Refuse to Worship A Humble Dude of Agape LoVE iNCaRNaTE to Eternal Torture
Forever Firing them this way; Oh My GOD! That Sounds So Much Like Trump (Stink, Stank, Stunk Trump)

Betcha A Demagogue Could Find Ignorant Enough Folks
Not To Wear A Mask to Save Grandma and Grandpa From
Dying, If He Just Stood In Front of Them And Said He doesn't do it, Himself.

Lesson HeaR:

Don't be A Minion.

Don't Ever Be A Minion.

People Still Support Trump The Way
They Still Support So-called Love That
Tortures Folks Forever Non-Forgiving;

Is it any wonder He Still Finds So Much
Support in the Same Churches: Hell No, in a Word (God).

Just Another Version of the 'King of 5th Avenue';

Because in Reality, the King of 5th Avenue exists
Both in the Old Testament, New Testament, And Quran too;
People Will Support This Kind of 'God', Man, And or Symbol Until they actually
Become Love NoW And See Thru The Fear in Ignorance that Kills 'Breath' Within (SoulLove).

If There is A Real 'God'; It's Hard to Believe That God Would Bring 'Trump' to Dark Light to Show Who They Are Not.

But You See; All that Matters is Love That Breathes Now; Love Sees Through A Demagogue as Easy as Love Breathes;

At Least WHEN REAL NOW INCaRNaTE in Human Breath Real; Still Breathing Fearless Light For Real That Sees Love.

Other than that, I'm A Participant Anthropology Observer; I go into the 'Darkest Jungles of Minions' to see how they
Don't tick Love. i Report my Findings Back into a Book of Love That Doesn't Include Ignorance of Fear In Dark Without
Light to See It.

Meh, i am what i am:

Just Love And i Do it; AM Flavored With Love.

i have Love; i Have it all; i AM LOVE which means
i don't require Affirmation or Worship as

Love doesn't have to do that;

What Requires THAT IS NOT LOVE.

i Visit 'the Other Side'; But i Just Visit Again; i never 'really' live 'THere'...

Trump(S) Hell S88KS; Heaven Smells And Tastes So Much Better;

Heaven Staycation; Just Naked Living 'Beach' Breath Eternally Now;

Love is Real; But Only When Love Breathes Eternally Now For Real.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 8:28 am

Cause Biden's so deplorable that what other choice does a person have?

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 10:44 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Like, what harm do you think Biden could possibly do regarding helping the country going back to normal? I’m just saying, Trump should never be forgiven for his role in how this started.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 10:53 am

Brictoria wrote:
One could similarly question how anyone could support the Democrats, as they had pushed back against the border closures or efforts by Mr Trump to stop the spread, even going as far as to encourage people to get out to public events in late February when it was becoming better known how it was impacting other countries.

There's plenty of blame for all sides in this.
in the end, all Trump had to do was close down borders as soon as scientists started warning him, and at least the United States would be saved of this mess. The same can be said for leaders of any other country who failed to do what they should’ve. *looking at you, Chinese government*

Last edited by CubsBullsBears on 12 Jul 2020, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 11:19 am

CubsBullsBears wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Like, what harm do you think Biden could possibly do regarding helping the country going back to normal? I’m just saying, Trump should never be forgiven for his role in how this started.

Your to Young to remember Biden and his long career in the senate and his evil deeds.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 11:48 am

Because I want the pipeline in Canada to be built and Trump is the only hope left to make it happen. Because I don't like Biden's stance on life issues. Because I don't want Canada and America to become communist countries. Because I want there to be churches for people to go to after the pandemic is over. Because the American/Canadian Dream is something to aspire to.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 12:12 pm

they support him for the same reason that LBJ discussed in this quote- "If you can convince the lowest white man that he is better than the best colored man, he won't notice that you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you!" [LBJ]

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 12:20 pm

Basically, because those people are not very good judges of character. :roll:

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 1:17 pm

I said this in a thread almost 2 months ago:

Quote:
It bothers me how much degrading there is on this thread. Regarding what you all are saying about people being upset about the pandemic, here are some things that are hard on people:

Graduations. All HS seniors had waited all their lives for this. A lot of them saw their older siblings walk across the stage and think "I can't wait 'til I get to do that". Not to mention the party, where many people come to YOUR event. And then 2 months before it's all supposed to happen, something so unforseen and so messed up happens and they all have to live the rest of their life with the fact that their graduation was a "we have to settle for this" type of thing.

Couple's who aren't able to see each other. Long distance couples. I'm sure there's a couple out there who have known each other for a long time and were finally going to meet in person, only for what has happened to happen. Other couples who can't meet up, just as it seems as if they have finally met the love of their life that they have waited for for so long.

Fathers who aren't able to be there when their own child is born. Mothers and fathers who aren't able to hold their newborns for weeks after they are born.

Younger kids who are upset that they couldn't have a birthday party, or aren't able to play organized baseball this summer.

8th graders who's highly anticipated class trip to Washington DC got cancelled.

Of course I know that many people are dying too. It feels messed up that people are dying from a disease that shouldn't exist. But that doesn't mean other things aren't sad/heartbreaking either.

All those things happened/are happened here in the US because Trump was too ignorant to listen to scientists who told him that A DEADLY VIRUS WAS SPREADING RAPIDLY! And that perhaps he should close down borders BEFORE the virus arrives in the states. Not AFTER.

If he wins the election he will have another 4 years to screw something like this up, when we know he's already screwed up the coronavirus response. It might involve another new virus. Is that what you Trump supporters really want? I for one will feel worried about the possibility of another new virus circulating in some eastern country because I won't trust Trump to protect us from it.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 1:53 pm

There's no leadership.

There's no plan.

Trump keeps telling us, "it will go away".

We're all expendable "red shirts" now ...

Be the hero of your life.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 8:15 pm

The Fact That From the 'Get-Go', Trump Said His Supporters Would Follow Him if
He Shot Someone in Public on 5th Avenue, Says Lots About Politics and Human Nature.

Politics/Religion (Same Animal) Are Not Rational; They Play to Base Emotions and For
Those Least Ruled By Rationality, Religion/Politics Becomes King And Queen of their Reality.

Fortunately, Most Humans Don't Wanna Die; And an Amazing Change Happens
In the Instance, Where Folks they've Actually Known, Start Dropping Dead at 24;
Or are in Comas in Hospitals at Age 16, Where they get National Exposure on the
News; Where the Same Town i Live in, Gets National News for Conspiracy Theorists;
As Both the Town Audience And the City Council Steam Roll A Mayor With Science in Her Hand As 'They' Over-Turn
Mask Wearing in the City Limits Back to the Land of Ignorance And Death Coming More; but Again, 'These Folks'
Come to Understand Better When The Bodies They Actually come to See Are Falling Down Around them, Dead.

After 'The Kids' Got Sick; The Mask Usage Went up Huge As 'Those Folks' Do Watch 'Fox News' and Local News too.

And Now, if Trump Had His Way, He'd Force the Kids and Teachers all Back to School; He's already Failed on that
Wish by Not acting in accordance with Science; Trump Tried to undo Science in His Administration; but it is the
Reality of Nature And Science That Looks Likely to Become a Catastrophic Landslide in an Election Out of His Favor.

By Metaphor, a 'Smallest Godzilla' in Mass Force is Defeating Many of Us; But Trump is going Down With His Ship too.

Other than that; 'The Church Leads' Any
Way for Trump with 2 Issues of A "Woman's
Choice" and LBGQT Rights From Marriage to Restroom
Freedoms for Their Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness;
As it's True still, 'The Church' And Related 'Minions' Get Butt-Hurt BAD
When folks Who View or Practice Life Differently get to Practice Freedoms,
Additionally; But We are Coming to See Them Now; No Different than 'Sharia Law And Islam'; if folks wanna
Live Here, increasingly, they are gonna have to Drop some of their Religious Tenants to Practice Liberty too;
As to Not Unfairly Harm Freedoms of Others 'They' View Different From 'Them'; It's What 'A More Perfect Union' Does.

In Other Words, 'They' Don't Get To Cut-Hands-off
For Theft; And Gay People Get to Get Married; And Transgender
Folks get Restroom Freedoms too; And As Science Shows, There Would
Likely Be More Death and Permanent Disability if Abortion Went Back As the Same And More Before
1973, Without Safe Medical Procedures; Without Effective Family Planning in (Contraceptives) Sex Education now.

Life, Liberty, And The Pursuit of Happiness, With Least Harm; Doesn't exclude Wearing Masks, Either; No Less
Than Driving While Drunk And Killing Innocent Victims Through Wreck-less Negligence of Ignorance; And Just
'Pure Trump Meanness' Of Humans With Very Little Empathy, Sympathy, And Compassion, Any Further than what
Their Church And Politics Sees in the Temple Same as 'Faux News Propaganda' for Ignorance in News Stations too.

Florida Has
Become the
Bottom of the
Barrel For Human
Ignorance, Overall; And Basic
Human Compassion Beyond
Selfishness; Flowers in my Back
Yard Don't Give a CR8P about the
Human Condition, Except For the Water my Wife Provides;
But Again, When The Bodies Folks Connect to Start Falling, Eyes Grow Wider Open to 'See';
As Death Makes People Finally Wake Up to the Reality of Nature And Science Breathing DarK Thru LiGHT True...
And Yes, A 'Theme Song Here' is as Bit Tough, Rough; Yes, Harsh; But Death Is The Option Here That is No Option
iN MAGNN 'Make America Great Never Now'; Florida Could Really Use 'A Cuomo and Associates', Here Now for Sanity.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2020, 8:32 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Because I don't want Canada and America to become communist countries. Because I want there to be churches for people to go to after the pandemic is over. Because the American/Canadian Dream is something to aspire to.

The Democrats are a firmly right of centre party. In UK terms they're in Telegraph, Tory 'wet' territory. Communism in the US is about as likely as my hair growing back, and I've been balding for 22 years now.

Likewise the Democrats aren't going to ban churches. Though they might shut down some of the hate preachers and the snake oil salesmen. Possibly. Probably not, though.

The American Dream is a myth. What does it even mean? You're all born free and equal, and able to achieve. Except you aren't. If your name is Bezos, Gates, Buffett, Koch, Zuckerberg, Walton etc. etc. then everything works in your favour. If you're anyone else, it doesn't. Trump got elected to challenge that elitism, and instead he's made it worse.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Jul 2020, 9:46 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Because I don't want Canada and America to become communist countries. Because I want there to be churches for people to go to after the pandemic is over. Because the American/Canadian Dream is something to aspire to.

The Democrats are a firmly right of centre party. In UK terms they're in Telegraph, Tory 'wet' territory. Communism in the US is about as likely as my hair growing back, and I've been balding for 22 years now.

Likewise the Democrats aren't going to ban churches. Though they might shut down some of the hate preachers and the snake oil salesmen. Possibly. Probably not, though.

The American Dream is a myth. What does it even mean? You're all born free and equal, and able to achieve. Except you aren't. If your name is Bezos, Gates, Buffett, Koch, Zuckerberg, Walton etc. etc. then everything works in your favour. If you're anyone else, it doesn't. Trump got elected to challenge that elitism, and instead he's made it worse.

Two thoughts -

1) The Democrats are a centre-left party. They’re not communists, but there’s no point exaggerating and saying that they’re Tories. Political scientists tend to actually put them slightly to the left of Labour: https://www.newstatesman.com/world/2020 ... al-parties

2) most of those examples perhaps are not the best as they are self-made. I think perhaps it is fairer to say that becoming a billionaire is largely due to chance, but there is more to chance than circumstances of birth.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2020, 9:55 am

This is all just my opinion, of course, but it seems to me that the dynamic of people acting like they admire and support Mr. Trump is the same dynamic in operation when people cheer on the school bully -- deep down inside, they are actually afraid of being that bully's next victims.

People claim to admire and support Mr. Trump because they are afraid of what he might do to them if they don't.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 14 Jul 2020, 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.