Page 10 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 2:02 pm

Teach51 wrote:
The true wisdom of kabbalah is not an esoteric trend and has absolutely nothing to do with mysticism or Tarot cards. My Rav Dr.Michael Laitman and his teachings can be found on Google if you are interested or even curious :D

Well... there's the Sephir Yetzirah (Book of Formation) that's dated anywhere between 200 and 800 CE, there's the Sephir Zohar which is 12th century, and the whole tradition seems to be about getting to know the cosmos and ones self through tracing one's emanation from the Ain Soph, and the work is aimed at integrating yourself through each successive sephira with the idea that one is working their way back up to Kether in terms of that internal alignment.

Catholic saints took their cue from that such as Teresa of Avila and her seven interior castles, or St. John of the Cross and his two dark nights of the soul when ascending Mt Carmel where, when plotted out that way, it looks incredibly similar to the three triads of the ToL with what are called (at least in the Hermetic version) the veils of Paroketh and Isis which consist of the gaps between the lower and middle triad and the middle and upper.

To that end I really don't know how it could not be mystical if the goals are finding one's way through the puzzle (and in some sense out) through internal work.

I feel a bit odd being a mixed European trying to say that to someone of Hebrew ethnicity, maybe I am stepping out of my lane a bit, I just don't know of anyone who hasn't taught or interpreted kabbalah as an extremely mystical path, easily as mystical as Sufism.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 3:02 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
The true wisdom of kabbalah is not an esoteric trend and has absolutely nothing to do with mysticism or Tarot cards. My Rav Dr.Michael Laitman and his teachings can be found on Google if you are interested or even curious :D

Well... there's the Sephir Yetzirah (Book of Formation) that's dated anywhere between 200 and 800 CE, there's the Sephir Zohar which is 12th century, and the whole tradition seems to be about getting to know the cosmos and ones self through tracing one's emanation from the Ain Soph, and the work is aimed at integrating yourself through each successive sephira with the idea that one is working their way back up to Kether in terms of that internal alignment.

Catholic saints took their cue from that such as Teresa of Avila and her seven interior castles, or St. John of the Cross and his two dark nights of the soul when ascending Mt Carmel where, when plotted out that way, it looks incredibly similar to the three triads of the ToL with what are called (at least in the Hermetic version) the veils of Paroketh and Isis which consist of the gaps between the lower and middle triad and the middle and upper.

To that end I really don't know how it could not be mystical if the goals are finding one's way through the puzzle (and in some sense out) through internal work.

I feel a bit odd being a mixed European trying to say that to someone of Hebrew ethnicity, maybe I am stepping out of my lane a bit, I just don't know of anyone who hasn't taught or interpreted kabbalah as an extremely mystical path, easily as mystical as Sufism.

My rav respects Sufism greatly. We students consider it a scientific path . Read some of Rav Laitman's books we are thousands of students world wide working together to bring world unity with our method. I have said enough, I am not promoting or pushing. We study in a very practical manner the true meaning of life, what is our role.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 5:34 pm

OOOHHH. Wee Oooh , de. OOOHOO ......... SEEMS THIS TOPIC NEEDS Flying Monkeys to go with it own version cabbalistic teachings .... Even Wizard of OZ. Had its own wizard ... Sorry my cynical side got loose on the topic. :skull: :skull:

where ever you go ,there you are

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2020, 12:44 am

Teach51 wrote:
Working against nature, my choice of words "pathogen" which causes sickness in an organism. This is because we have developed into a force that is working to exploit each other and the planet. Nature is an integral system, interdependent. Every thought we have effects the rest of humanity We are now in "the last generation." When we are in harmony then we work with nature.We are the last egoistic generation, we have to change or nature, which is synonymous with God according to the wisdom of kabbalah, will teach us how "to love thy friend as thyself. We have to compete in bestowing to each other rather than exploiting. To be like הבורא the Creator who is the Good tjat does good. This corporeal illusion is a kind of army training course of correction. Each of us has a little cell of the complete soul and when we are in harmony we draw the Upper Light. And change our destiny. :D

If this is in our biological nature to be exploitative then how do we fight it? This reminds of Jainism in India which follows a similar philosophy of not causing pain to other life where the adherent wears a gauze mask to stop them from breathing microbes. Of course god neglected to tell their gurus that bacteria are far smaller than the gauze so they breath in bugs anyway.

Do you eat meat? use animal products? buy goods made by slave labor? the list goes on and on....

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2020, 5:22 am

cyberdad wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Working against nature, my choice of words "pathogen" which causes sickness in an organism. This is because we have developed into a force that is working to exploit each other and the planet. Nature is an integral system, interdependent. Every thought we have effects the rest of humanity We are now in "the last generation." When we are in harmony then we work with nature.We are the last egoistic generation, we have to change or nature, which is synonymous with God according to the wisdom of kabbalah, will teach us how "to love thy friend as thyself. We have to compete in bestowing to each other rather than exploiting. To be like הבורא the Creator who is the Good tjat does good. This corporeal illusion is a kind of army training course of correction. Each of us has a little cell of the complete soul and when we are in harmony we draw the Upper Light. And change our destiny. :D

If this is in our biological nature to be exploitative then how do we fight it? This reminds of Jainism in India which follows a similar philosophy of not causing pain to other life where the adherent wears a gauze mask to stop them from breathing microbes. Of course god neglected to tell their gurus that bacteria are far smaller than the gauze so they breath in bugs anyway.

Do you eat meat? use animal products? buy goods made by slave labor? the list goes on and on....

You would have to learn the wisdom of kabbalah to reveal the answer to that. :D It provides all the answers to existential questions and how to correct humanity.

http://www.kabtoday.com/

This might be of interest. I am just a humble student, I am not qualfied to explain anything so monumentally important.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2020, 7:21 am

Yep, as Kurt Cobain so eloquently put it....Pain
You know you're right

If you feel dissonance about truth that's about all that's right

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2020, 7:47 am

cyberdad wrote:
You know you're right

I am lucky, I have no dissonance, I know my truth, it is both liberating and hard labour :D You will know yours too when you meet it.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2020, 12:19 pm

i was Curious, So i Naturally, Recently, Followed the Links to 'Michael Laitman' and His Mentor's Version of Kabbalah;
And Really It Is Just a Rework of The Teachings of Jesus Without Some of the Myths And Contradictions Away From
Love that Exists in the Old And New Testament; as Yes, A Science Of Love That Modern Psychology, Anthropology,
And Sociology Complements Is the Nature of Human In Altruistic Love; Of Course, Love They Neighbor As Thyself Is Repeated Cross-Culturally as that is the Basic Nature of Smaller Groups of Humans Living Cooperatively Together, Giving And Sharing Freely; Foraging For Subsistence And Thriving iN Warmth of Altruism that naturally Drives This Propensity of Empathy in Social Bonding Ways That Includes the Cozy Feeling of Oxytocin Shared Amongst Human Beings 'That
Stuff of Matthew' Described as when two or three or More of 'You' Gather Together All Becomes Warm and
Cozy Indeed as 'i am/we' Connect this Way in Love With Oxytocin Fully In Flow; A Problem too Is 'Negative
Empathy' Will Be Used Similarly to Exclude Others 'Out of the Tribe' As Well or 'Smaller Cliques, too as 'Group Feel'.

Yeah, It Would Be Nice if Humans just
Discarded All the Cultural Clothes of
Lies in Ignorance of Fears in Illusory
Constructed Ways that Sadly in Competition
We Create to Prop Folks Up or Tear Folk Down;
But The Literal Truth is as Societies We cannot escape for now
is Humans are Just Not Evolved to LiVE iN Large Heterogenous
Societies And Expect to Get Along, even enough to Save each other's
Lives with Something as simple as wearing a mask; We LiVE iN A Sick World
of Love And Words Are Not Going to be Enough to fix the Sickness of the Human
Soul that is simply out of balance; but yes, on an Individual Basis it is possible and will
Be Accomplished; And i see where this Version of Kabbalah Helps but i always find it fascinating
That Love Can't
Just Breathe On
itS own Without
The Same Old Thousands
of Years of Traditions as it is rather
AMusing that Not Unlike Muhammad
And his Gabriel Angel; this Version of Kabbalah
Masters the Myth of 'Abraham' to Make it its own too;
This Honestly is Where the Philosophy will Lose Innumerable
Potential Supporters As seriously Many Folks are tired of Myths and Lies
And Just Want to Hear Some Truth Without all 'The Frill'; When i heard that
i could not Help but to Lose
Substantial Respect
for the Movement;
But i was impressed
That it did support Folks
of Different Human Natures;
Yet, it doesn't support Rationality
in Commanding The Myth of Abraham
As Story to 'Plagiarize' it as itS own; i Value
Truth; Others do too; 'We' (me) Are Becoming 'SmART
Enough as 'A Culture' to Drop All the Myths associated
With Love And Just Let the Spirit Live on itS own as truly
Society At Large is Not Going to be moved By Any Words alone but each
Human will
if they
can
And Will
Respect What's
Being Said as True;
There Are some who
Value continued Falsehoods
As Tradition; i for one do not
have that Human Orientation;
Beauty of Separation of Religion
And State And Philosophies too;
And Always something to Learn from
what we see as similar and different too..:)

In Just my Opinion, We Should All Seek to Be Able
to Defend Our Own Beliefs and Not Defer to Any Higher Authority Than Our Soul (GoD) Itself.

We Are Humans; We Have Shadows and Light; We Have Egos That Serve As Personalities
to Function AS Human; As All Humans Who are Healthy Naturally Do; to take away the
Balance of Dark and Light; And Avoid the Reality that Comes As Shadows With 'Sun';
Is a sure way to Avoid even being Human Fully at all; This Love, This Life is Art;
A Balancing
Art of Dark
That Makes
Light
that
Makes
Dark;
Never
A Science
Alone; that's
really obvious
to See; for those
Who are Not Bound
by A Higher Authority
than Individual Loving
And Shadow Reality Soul..:)

But of Course, this is Just Opinion;
Just My Soul; As You inspired me to
Absorb an Authority Above you to Grow, indirectly; but
it would be interesting to Hear what your Soul Actually has to 'see';

That my
FRiEnD
is Truly Rare;
i Would Love to
See A 'Philosophy'
That Encourages
A 'Religion' That
Exists this way but by
Very Definition Religion, and
Politics, and Even Philosophy (Of School) is Group
Think (from Before) so the only Answer is to Become 'Your' own 'King' Now..:)

Perhaps i Can And Will Find Another Free Verse Poet Who Relates a Similar Philosophy as Mine:

"The known universe has one complete lover and that is the greatest poet. He consumes an eternal passion and is indifferent which chance happens and which possible contingency of fortune or misfortune and persuades daily and hourly his delicious pay. What baulks or breaks others is fuel for his burning progress to contact and amorous joy. Other proportions of the reception of pleasure dwindle to nothing to his proportions. All expected from heaven or from the highest he is rapport with in the sight of the daybreak or a scene of the winter woods or the presence of children playing or with his arm round the neck of a man or woman. His love above all love has leisure and expanse … he leaves room ahead of himself. He is no irresolute or suspicious lover … he is sure … he scorns intervals. His experience and the showers and thrills are not for nothing. Nothing can jar him … suffering and darkness cannot—death and fear cannot. to him complaint and jealousy and envy are corpses buried and rotten in the earth … he saw them buried. The sea is not surer of the shore or the shore of the sea than he is of the fruition of his love and of all perfection and beauty."

"The American bards shall be marked for generosity and affection and for encouraging competitors… . They shall be kosmos … without monopoly or secrecy … glad to pass anything to any one … hungry for equals night and day. They shall not be careful of riches and privilege … they shall be riches and privilege … they shall perceive who the most affluent man is. The most affluent man is he that confronts all the shows he sees by equivalents out of the stronger wealth of himself. The American bard shall delineate no class of persons nor one or two out of the strata of interests nor love most nor truth most nor the soul most nor the body most … and not be for the eastern states more than the western or the northern states more than the southern."

"There will soon be no more priests. Their work is done. They may wait awhile … perhaps a generation or two … dropping off by degrees. A superior breed shall take their place … the gangs of kosmos and prophets en masse shall take their place. A new order shall arise and they shall be the priests of man, and every man shall be his own priest. The churches built under their umbrage shall be the churches of men and women. Through the divinity of themselves shall the kosmos and the new breed of poets be interpreters of men and women and of all events and things. They shall find their inspiration in real objects to-day, symptoms of the past and future… . They shall not deign to defend immortality or God or the perfection of things or liberty or the exquisite beauty and reality of the soul. They shall arise in America and be responded to from the remainder of the earth."

Thing About Whitman Is; He had a Good View of His Soul
And If he Could He Would Love Everyone The Way He Loved
The 'Song of His Self'; But You See, the Golden Rule is Incomplete;
Antiquated And From Narrow Views that Don't Understand the Complexity
of the Human Soul And How Differently Flavored Each Multi-Universe, 'Us' Is That Comes
From Nature/God; Yes, the Order of Cosmos And Chaos Magic Of Love Within; Of Course
This All Makes Sense to me as i Score 100 Percent in Openness; and 100 Percent Extraversion
On The Big Five Personality Test; Not So High on Conscientious And Agreeableness as i tend
to Focus in one Area of Laser focus; And Put other Less important stuff off to me that may be (is)
important to my Wife; Like Getting to Church 15 minutes early as i'll take 5 Minutes as More than enough;
As i am Just there to Study the Experience, it has no Rule over me; Nor am i Slave to Time; and i surely don't
mind disagreeing, even if someone never wants to Speak to me again; but you See i am secure in me and what i Believe;
it's impossible
to offend me
this way
hehe; Nah,
Neuroticism:
Nope, Rivers
Flow Now; No,
'They' Don't
Experience
The Sensation
of Nervousness;
Just Sensitive to
Expanding and
Contracting
Banks
and
Shores
Accepting
Both as
Nature
Spirals
ThiS Way...
Always
Striving
me For
Balance;

Anyway,
Not everyone
Can and Will Do this;
This is what Whitman
Obviously didn't See in
His Prophecy; The Needle
Is Still as Narrow and the Camel
is still Thick as ever to Escape Group
Think/Feel to Dance And Sing A Soul of One'S Own iN Original Creativity.

This Makes Abraham And Gabriel; And Whatever Flavor comes Next Very
Important to Folks Who Are Not their Own Priest of the Cosmos and Chaos Magic; Same and Different too.

In Other Words; Our Disagreements are what allow us to Be Free; it is very Dangerous When Humans
Sing off the Same Choir Music, if the Aim is to Actually Sprout Wings of Original Creativity;

If that is not what
Folks desire;
Hail Mary
Full of Grace
With Abraham
And Gabriel no
Matter Which Sect
or Version of someone
Else's Story to Bind and
Bond over for Warm and
Fuzzy Comfort Comes Next For Group Cohesion.

Hehe.. I wasn't born with Much Glue.. Just Wings my FRiEnD...
Commonly, Group Think and Feel in 'Insanely Large Societies' takes That Childlike Freedom
Away; But As We Get through That 'Sacrifice' Some of Us are Reborn into Our Own Golden Ages

With
No
Freedom's
Love For Freedom MoRE iN LoVE..:)

Thanks For Inspiring This Thought;
Highly Unlikely it would have come as iMaGiNaTioN And CReaTiViTY
to Fruition This Day without You or Your Linked Version of Kabbalah;
To me at least, this makes A Stranger And Philosophy No Stranger at all;
in FAct A FRiEnD

if Only

Unto me...

Yeah,
hehe,
Fred in FRiEnD..;)

No F iN Doubt
Whitman Was somewhere
on An Autism And Bi-Polar Spectrum too;

Like An Always Imperfect Storm of Dance and Song to come Again..:)

'It's Fun Being Me'; Not Sure What Else 'We' Will Really ask for but allowing others to do even more..:)

And Yes, i used the Song 'Beautiful Stranger' as Madonna has moved further away from "Her Kabbalah"
to be more of a 'Free Agent' And of course the Austin Powers Series of 'Double Agent' Is Just another
Metaphor
for the
Fool Tarot
Double Zero Archetype
For Relative Free Will; Fearless
in Original Creativity like a Child;
Like a Virgin Soul Forevermore now
as Love Winging Breathing Free Creating Now...

The Place
i Live Now IS

NoT A Place WHere Death of Soul ExistS EVeR 'Now'..:)

https://www.bartleby.com/39/45.html

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2020, 1:30 pm

Jakki wrote:
OOOHHH. Wee Oooh , de. OOOHOO ......... SEEMS THIS TOPIC NEEDS Flying Monkeys to go with it own version cabbalistic teachings .... Even Wizard of OZ. Had its own wizard ... Sorry my cynical side got loose on the topic. :skull: :skull:

Lol. Each to his own :wink: Kabbalah has been commercialised and taken out of context. It is an intrinsic part of Judaism and is actually the interpretation of the Jewish Torah, nothing mumbo jumbo.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 3:31 am

Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
You know you're right

I am lucky, I have no dissonance, I know my truth, it is both liberating and hard labour :D You will know yours too when you meet it.

Why did the serpent get such a hard time by the Abrahamic religions?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 3:45 am

I wish it was you go somewhere or whatever....

But seems like the more realistic idea is you just cease to be, and I don't want that...but so far there isn't really a way to prevent it. Hell but if there was I would certainly volunteer to have my consciousness uploaded to something or whatever so I could continue to be alive somehow just seems pointless if all one has to look forward to is inevitable death. Like what does it matter what you liked or didn't if you just cease to be, what is even the point to begin with.

I guess its hard to rationalize that.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 3:46 am

cyberdad wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
You know you're right

Why did the serpent get such a hard time by the Abrahamic religions?

IDK I always liked the serpent, hell even when I heard the story of eden...i couldn't rationalize how it was wrong for the snake to tell her the truth that she then told to her boyfriend and god punished them just because they had gone after the tree of 'knowledge' but why shouldn't they have had knowledge? Seems concerning if god punished them just for seeking knowledge. So yeah even as a kid I had to question that, like 'wait wasn't the serpent the good guy than for telling them the truth'...and I was told 'no the snake is evil' but it never made sense to me, since he was just trying to give them knowledge and knowledge is good right?

I grew up christian and yeah the idea is Adam and Eve got punished for seeking knowledge and that is good and just...but I never thought it was, I always felt like god was a f*****g as*hole if he literally doomed adam and eve just because they seeked out knowledge. Like why the hell would I want to worship or even acknowledge that god?

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 25 Jul 2020, 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 3:57 am

What Happens When We Die?

Nothing Else.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 11:54 am

You die your dead , no spoons. Left , and such a deficit , you have no way to recovery then you just go black .
With luck you might enter a dream like state . Just a cynical point of veiw , in a optimistic point of veiw,
Your in gawd hands then .

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 1:15 pm

I really think I should shift my focus, going forward, and watch threads like this as if I'm a geologist watching geological events. I find it fascinating that there are all kinds of zones where honesty is radically discouraged and this is one of them. It's a bit like you're not to give an academic dissertation in the bathroom and this topic, like politics, really is a place where people are supposed to come to relieve themselves - and if that's not what you're doing then you're one of those sad people who don't 'get it'.

My take on it so far - any actual curiosity is off the table or out of bounds. You have some combination of either people who've abdicated reason, seem to be reductive materialists deep down, but like playing head games with themselves (or reading new age fluff and playing with crystals) because they're bored or can't stand reality that much, which usually take up the position of being submissives, and then you have all of the people who want to - very quickly and easily - proclaim their intellectual pedigree by roundly stating what probably everyone else believes, ie. that consciousness neither existed before birth nor after death, and somehow that admission - in this game at least - turns into a 'dom' roll where you get to run around on 20 foot stilts simply by having admitted what pretty much everyone else in the thread really believes deep down anyway. One of these days I'll have to try running into a thread like this, say 'death is permanent!' and see if I can feel the crowd of cheers and approval that I'm a man of science, truth, reason, sanity, literacy, etc. - it might even feel for a few seconds like I'm standing on a stage in Stockholm getting a Nobel prize (kinda like Smokey's 'million dollar' job in Friday) for my own unique personal greatness 'Thank you thank you everyone - I thank my mom and dad because... well.... the special sauce of sublime greatness of what you see before you had to come from somewhere right!'.

I'm not in either of those camps, I'd say fortunately, but I have to start considering that these camps are pretty close to being genetically hard-wired, they're ways of getting dopamine hits rather than seeking anything direction toward anything like Kant's noumenal, that shouldn't be too difficult for me to accept because I became a hard determinst and stopped looking back over a decade ago.

I think if there's anything that really makes this world feel like a solipsistic hell - no one seems to care about anything aside from boning someone on the 'other side'. It really helps underscore Donald Hoffman's view even more that Darwinian evolution is just about fitness payouts and fitness maximizing. It's the war where 'if you don't know there's a war you've already lost'.

Also if this thread sounds narcissistic or self-aggrandizing in my taxonomy of other people, I'm starting to think its one of my faults is that I simply haven't done enough of what everyone else has been doing already. It's all fiat currency anyway and everyone's sitting on top of trillions of their own Zimbabwe dollars and since it's worthless anyway I'm probably better off starting from that understanding and just making sure the paper's really pretty to look at if, by definition, it's not going to be worth anything.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2020, 1:45 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I really think I should shift my focus, going forward, and watch threads like this as if I'm a geologist watching geological events. I find it fascinating that there are all kinds of zones where honesty is radically discouraged and this is one of them. It's a bit like you're not to give an academic dissertation in the bathroom and this topic, like politics, really is a place where people are supposed to come to relieve themselves - and if that's not what you're doing then you're one of those sad people who don't 'get it'.

My take on it so far - any actual curiosity is off the table or out of bounds. You have some combination of either people who've abdicated reason, seem to be reductive materialists deep down, but like playing head games with themselves (or reading new age fluff and playing with crystals) because they're bored or can't stand reality that much, which usually take up the position of being submissives, and then you have all of the people who want to - very quickly and easily - proclaim their intellectual pedigree by roundly stating what probably everyone else believes, ie. that consciousness neither existed before birth nor after death, and somehow that admission - in this game at least - turns into a 'dom' roll where you get to run around on 20 foot stilts simply by having admitted what pretty much everyone else in the thread really believes deep down anyway. One of these days I'll have to try running into a thread like this, say 'death is permanent!' and see if I can feel the crowd of cheers and approval that I'm a man of science, truth, reason, sanity, literacy, etc. - it might even feel for a few seconds like I'm standing on a stage in Stockholm getting a Nobel prize (kinda like Smokey's 'million dollar' job in Friday) for my own unique personal greatness 'Thank you thank you everyone - I thank my mom and dad because... well.... the special sauce of sublime greatness of what you see before you had to come from somewhere right!'.

I'm not in either of those camps, I'd say fortunately, but I have to start considering that these camps are pretty close to being genetically hard-wired, they're ways of getting dopamine hits rather than seeking anything direction toward anything like Kant's noumenal, that shouldn't be too difficult for me to accept because I became a hard determinst and stopped looking back over a decade ago.

I think if there's anything that really makes this world feel like a solipsistic hell - no one seems to care about anything aside from boning someone on the 'other side'. It really helps underscore Donald Hoffman's view even more that Darwinian evolution is just about fitness payouts and fitness maximizing. It's the war where 'if you don't know there's a war you've already lost'.

Also if this thread sounds narcissistic or self-aggrandizing in my taxonomy of other people, I'm starting to think its one of my faults is that I simply haven't done enough of what everyone else has been doing already. It's all fiat currency anyway and everyone's sitting on top of trillions of their own Zimbabwe dollars and since it's worthless anyway I'm probably better off starting from that understanding and just making sure the paper's really pretty to look at if, by definition, it's not going to be worth anything.

Very eloquent. ....