Page 8 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 12:21 pm

bee33 wrote:
I have had someone close to me die of an illness that we knew was terminal for over a year before he died. It was incredibly helpful to me not to have religion or any other supernatural belief during that time. Acceptance is the only way to cope with such devastating loss, as far as I can see. At least it is for me. Hope is a terrible thing when there is no justification for it. How heart-wrenching it would have been to think that there could be a miracle or some other impossible relief if only I prayed hard enough.

I did say something about this earlier - ie. it's a problem specific to theism.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 12:45 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Corona is actually a catalyst sent to speed things along according to Kabbalists. We ( humanity) are a pathogen working in dosharmony with nature, corrupting and exploiting the integral system of nature as our souls reach the final correction, which is now. We will have to overcome the hate which is now coming to it's highest point and attain harmony, the collapse of capitalism and the revelation of hate is transpiring, and we will have to all overcome our differences and help each other or the hologram will be nastier than we can even imagine. The antidote to Corona is mutual responsibility and unity above all differences, connection. We must create an altruistic society as opposed to egoistic. Corona is natures way of saying " go to your rooms and think about your behaviour, I'm taking away all your stupid toys. If you can't even wear a mask to prevent someone else getting sick then Corona will stay till you learn to care for others."

can you please tell me what dosharmony means?

Typo Blabby sorry. Disharmony should be.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 12:45 pm

^^^thank you Teach :) i shoulda known it :oops:

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 12:46 pm

:

auntblabby wrote:
^^^thank you Teach :) i shoulda known it :oops:

:heart:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 4:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
a great man said that there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophy.

Your Philosophy , Horatio

i didn't wanna accuse anybody directly or indirectly.

Looooolzz. I get that. Ok .. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 5:12 pm

Prayer = death of realities. Or. Affirming of purpose?

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 5:53 pm

i have directly experienced the effects of focused prayer. both in the giving as well as the receiving.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 7:42 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Corona is actually a catalyst sent to speed things along according to Kabbalists. We ( humanity) are a pathogen working in disharmony with nature,

Curious why Kabbalists think we are all pathogens?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 9:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Corona is actually a catalyst sent to speed things along according to Kabbalists. We ( humanity) are a pathogen working in disharmony with nature,

Ah yes, the good ol' love tap from Elohim Gebur.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 9:34 pm

a retired engineer named george w. meek spent the last 30 years of his life studying the phenomenon and wrote a book about it, "after we die, what then?" he work at it from an engineering viewpoint, and even made a trans-dimensional communications device called "SPIRICOM." he determined via light frequency experiments, that living things are generally transparent outside of visible light frequencies, he used special film and a human subject [himself] illuminated via a light bulb that only emitted frequencies outside of visible ones, and in the resultant photos, you could see the structure of the chair clearly where it should have been obscured by his body.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 9:43 pm

I'm not enthralled with the idea of an afterlife. Do we watch the living, or serve a God (who's stuck in the middle ages) or hang out with our relatives? What happens? (after we die)

Do we stop thinking?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 9:54 pm

domineekee wrote:
I'm not enthralled with the idea of an afterlife. Do we watch the living, or serve a God (who's stuck in the middle ages) or hang out with our relatives? What happens? (after we die) Do we stop thinking?

on the contrary, we think more than we ever did on earth, deeper and clearer and further. we think in dimensions outside of earth experience. there are different realms in heaven, or as jesus said, "my father's house has many mansions." the LDS [they don't like being called mormons anymore for some reason] believe that we all are bound in the distant future, to have our own worlds, IOW become demigods. their afterlife is divided into 3 parts- a telestial realm much like purgatory but with good parts, a terrestrial realm which is what most think of as "heaven," and a celestial realm where the saints go. much has been written about the afterlife, dr. george ritchie, dr. raymond moody, dr. ian stephenson are 3 notable authors in this genre. the first book i ever read about the subject came out in 1975, "life after life." highly recommended.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 10:57 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Teach51 wrote:

Ah yes, the good ol' love tap from Elohim Gebur.

Scary stuff...but hey each to their own...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 11:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
on the contrary, we think more than we ever did on earth, deeper and clearer and further. we think in dimensions outside of earth experience. there are different realms in heaven, or as jesus said, "my father's house has many mansions."

Not that I want to speak on God's behalf, but I think he (or she? or it?) was referring to dimensional realms that still exist materially between dimensions or multiverses,

Death is a different matter...its beyond the material

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 11:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
on the contrary, we think more than we ever did on earth, deeper and clearer and further. we think in dimensions outside of earth experience. there are different realms in heaven, or as jesus said, "my father's house has many mansions."

Not that I want to speak on God's behalf, but I think he (or she? or it?) was referring to dimensional realms that still exist materially between dimensions or multiverses,

he was speaking of heavenly realms for those who got eternal life [everybody, according to the mormons]. and everybody, according to the various books written by the big 3 in this field.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 11:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

he was speaking of heavenly realms for those who got eternal life [everybody, according to the mormons]. and everybody, according to the various books written by the big 3 in this field.

I thought Jesus's dad was talking about planets but you could be right, it might be his celestial kingdom which has plenty of room for souls...