auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 11:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
on the contrary, we think more than we ever did on earth, deeper and clearer and further. we think in dimensions outside of earth experience. there are different realms in heaven, or as jesus said, "my father's house has many mansions."

Not that I want to speak on God's behalf, but I think he (or she? or it?) was referring to dimensional realms that still exist materially between dimensions or multiverses,

Death is a different matter...its beyond the material

he was speaking of heavenly realms for those who got eternal life [everybody, according to the mormons]. and everybody, according to the various books written by the big 3 in this field.

I thought Jesus's dad was talking about planets but you could be right, it might be his celestial kingdom which has plenty of room for souls...

plus we are energy, and the third law of thermodynamics says none may be destroyed, only transformed.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2020, 11:52 pm

First law -The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but can be neither created nor destroyed.

It always interested me how the big bang theory contradicted Newtons laws since how do you create the universe out of a singularity?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 12:01 am

cyberdad wrote:
First law -The law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system is constant; energy can be transformed from one form to another, but can be neither created nor destroyed.

It always interested me how the big bang theory contradicted Newtons laws since how do you create the universe out of a singularity?

either newton missed a key bit, or god doesn't have to obey any stinkin' laws.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 12:08 am

The BBT has a few holes

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 12:10 am

cyberdad wrote:
The BBT has a few holes

as they say, that is way above my pay grade. but i do remember reading something about metaverses and brane theory and that our universe may have been created from the collision of branes, the collision point formed a new universe.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 12:26 am

Yep way above my pay grade. But having random objects floating around space-time colliding to form universes or metaverses opens yet another questions...where the heck do Branes come from??? it seems set up one theory and you need another to explain the first one

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 12:48 am

once again, my army time introduced me to another useful concept, "echelons beyond reality." or to borrow from the bible, "my father's house" (containing countless "mansion" sub-realms) which is bible-talk for the metaverse that some would call god's abode or heaven, a master metaphysical universe from which countless daughter physical universes spring forth. there are some who say there are even realms above the metaverse, that it in turn is one of countless daughter metaverses in a never-ending progression. there is a german writer named Jurgen Ziewe who wrote about this in two books, "vistas of infinity- how to enjoy life when you are dead" and "multidimensional man."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 1:49 am

auntblabby wrote:
a master metaphysical universe from which countless daughter physical universes spring forth. there are some who say there are even realms above the metaverse, that it in turn is one of countless daughter metaverses in a never-ending progression.

It is probably unhelpful to this deep foray into concept of metaverses but wouldn't god contemplate his/her/it's manifestation? like "how the heck did I get here"?

Its kind of like the concept of panspermia....if earth was seeded by bacteria from another planet then where did they come from in the first place?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 1:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
a master metaphysical universe from which countless daughter physical universes spring forth. there are some who say there are even realms above the metaverse, that it in turn is one of countless daughter metaverses in a never-ending progression.

It is probably unhelpful to this deep foray into concept of metaverses but wouldn't god contemplate his/her/it's manifestation? like "how the heck did I get here"? Its kind of like the concept of panspermia....if earth was seeded by bacteria from another planet then where did they come from in the first place?

the closest i can come to something understandable, is to say it may well be a big loop. maybe something like a multidimensional mobius.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 3:41 am

an infinite loop

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 7:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Corona is actually a catalyst sent to speed things along according to Kabbalists. We ( humanity) are a pathogen working in disharmony with nature,

Curious why Kabbalists think we are all pathogens?

Ah yes, the good ol' love tap from Elohim Gebur.

Scary stuff...but hey each to their own...

Maybe if someone takes it as something more literal than a Platonist/Neoplatonist filing cabinet for trying to pin aspects of conscious experience to the archetypes of planets. I don't.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 11:49 am

cyberdad wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Corona is actually a catalyst sent to speed things along according to Kabbalists. We ( humanity) are a pathogen working in disharmony with nature,

Curious why Kabbalists think we are all pathogens?

Working against nature, my choice of words "pathogen" which causes sickness in an organism. This is because we have developed into a force that is working to exploit each other and the planet. Nature is an integral system, interdependent. Every thought we have effects the rest of humanity We are now in "the last generation." When we are in harmony then we work with nature.We are the last egoistic generation, we have to change or nature, which is synonymous with God according to the wisdom of kabbalah, will teach us how "to love thy friend as thyself. We have to compete in bestowing to each other rather than exploiting. To be like הבורא the Creator who is the Good tjat does good. This corporeal illusion is a kind of army training course of correction. Each of us has a little cell of the complete soul and when we are in harmony we draw the Upper Light. And change our destiny. :D

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 12:28 pm

This is what's driven a wedge between me and some of the teachings in Builders of the Adytum as well as AMORC. My way of seeing humanity is much more in line with John Gray's 2002 book 'Straw Dogs: On Humans and Other Animals'.

We live on destructive competition, and solipsism, because life is a permanent Darwinian war where everyone's genes, to them, are infinitely important and everyone who might compete for the same things they want has to be smashed - thus malignant narcissism and Darwinian natural selection success go hand in hand.

My goal anymore is to just do my best to stay sane and get through life with whatever net positive impact I can, and anymore just expect life to be a struggle for survival until it ends. If I find any peace in my senior / retired years it'll only be if I'm not seen as important enough to bother or don't have anything that anyone else desperately believes they deserve to have more than I do.

Whatever the ultimate state of the universe, whether it's a Daoist animism with no greater mind or whether that great mind is something nothing like us and running an experiment whose goals have nothing to do with our goals, remains to be seen but I'm pretty sure our biggest threat, as I mentioned above, is that what got us here (ie. cutthroat Darwinian competition) combined with exponential technology will either be our complete undoing or end up in hundreds if not thousands of years of either feudalism, dark ages, or authoritarianism. The caveat is 'unless we get a handle on our nature' - which, as far as I can tell, would be to go against the very blueprint of life itself which is that sort of destructive cutthroat competition.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 12:53 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
This is what's driven a wedge between me and some of the teachings in Builders of the Adytum as well as AMORC. My way of seeing humanity is much more in line with John Gray's 2002 book 'Straw Dogs: On Humans and Other Animals'.

We live on destructive competition, and solipsism, because life is a permanent Darwinian war where everyone's genes, to them, are infinitely important and everyone who might compete for the same things they want has to be smashed - thus malignant narcissism and Darwinian natural selection success go hand in hand.

My goal anymore is to just do my best to stay sane and get through life with whatever net positive impact I can, and anymore just expect life to be a struggle for survival until it ends. If I find any peace in my senior / retired years it'll only be if I'm not seen as important enough to bother or don't have anything that anyone else desperately believes they deserve to have more than I do.

Whatever the ultimate state of the universe, whether it's a Daoist animism with no greater mind or whether that great mind is something nothing like us and running an experiment whose goals have nothing to do with our goals, remains to be seen but I'm pretty sure our biggest threat, as I mentioned above, is that what got us here (ie. cutthroat Darwinian competition) combined with exponential technology will either be our complete undoing or end up in hundreds if not thousands of years of either feudalism, dark ages, or authoritarianism. The caveat is 'unless we get a handle on our nature' - which, as far as I can tell, would be to go against the very blueprint of life itself which is that sort of destructive cutthroat competition.

I am just answering a question. :D You will find your own way of course. I don't enter into deep discussions about politics or religion on WP. I thought it might be interesting for some to hear the kabbalistic teachings regarding death.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 1:30 pm

I think kabbalah/qabalah, especially when combined with studying the tarot (I suppose that's a specifically post Elipha Levi thing though), is great for a person whose getting to know their own resources and try to branch out into what their own potentialities are. It's sort of an internal extreme sport the way psychedelics and ceremonial magic can be.

I think the real test of any system of self-development though right now is if it can churn out leaders who can stem the tides of what's happening.

While I do ascribe, by and large, to the Caesar's Messiah theory of the New Testament the Revelation of John seems like it's somehow lodged itself in the public consciousness of the west for close to 2000 years and if there's *anything* these days that resembles the Cosmic Virgin standing on the moon, with 12 stars arrayed around her head, watching over her chosen while the great dragon (Tiamat or whatever other primordial chaos one choses) breaths a flood of destruction at her chosen - it's the flood of insentience and mechanism, and/or the flood of people that would fit Richard Dawkins's definition of 'pure replicator'.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 1:43 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I think kabbalah/qabalah, especially when combined with studying the tarot (I suppose that's a specifically post Elipha Levi thing though), is great for a person whose getting to know their own resources and try to branch out into what their own potentialities are. It's sort of an internal extreme sport the way psychedelics and ceremonial magic can be.

I think the real test of any system of self-development though right now is if it can churn out leaders who can stem the tides of what's happening.

While I do ascribe, by and large, to the Caesar's Messiah theory of the New Testament the Revelation of John seems like it's somehow lodged itself in the public consciousness of the west for close to 2000 years and if there's *anything* these days that resembles the Cosmic Virgin standing on the moon, with 12 stars arrayed around her head, watching over her chosen while the great dragon (Tiamat or whatever other primordial chaos one choses) breaths a flood of destruction at her chosen - it's the flood of insentience and mechanism, and/or the flood of people that would fit Richard Dawkins's definition of 'pure replicator'.

The true wisdom of kabbalah is not an esoteric trend and has absolutely nothing to do with mysticism or Tarot cards. My Rav Dr.Michael Laitman and his teachings can be found on Google if you are interested or even curious :D