Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 9:51 am

It begins
https://nypost.com/2020/07/30/trump-suggests-delaying-2020-election-over-possible-voter-fraud/

Quote:
President Trump on Thursday suggested delaying the 2020 election, citing the possibility of inaccurate tallies and widespread fraud caused by a surge in mail-in votes.

“With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history,” the president said in a tweet.

“It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???” Trump added.

The dates of presidential elections are enshrined in federal law — with only Congress empowered to make any changes.

The Constitution also makes no provisions for a delay to the Jan. 20, 2021, presidential inauguration.

There has been no evidence of widespread voter fraud through mail-in voting, even in states with all-mail votes.

Five states that rely exclusively on mail-in ballots say they have ample safeguards in place to ensure that no one can disrupt the vote.

Election security experts also say that all forms of voter fraud are rare, including by absentee ballots.

“Mail-In Voting is already proving to be a catastrophic disaster. Even testing areas are way off,” the commander-in-chief said in an earlier tweet Thursday.

“The Dems talk of foreign influence in voting, but they know that Mail-In Voting is an easy way for foreign countries to enter the race. Even beyond that, there’s no accurate count!” he wrote.

The tweet comes as polls show the president trailing Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, in several key states.

The president has increasingly sought to cast doubt on the upcoming election and the expected surge in mail-in and absentee votes as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump, who has called remote voting the “biggest risk” to his re-election, refused in a recent interview on Fox News to commit to accept the results of the election, recalling a similar threat he made before the 2016 vote.

“I have to see. Look … I have to see,” the president told Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday.” “No, I’m not going to just say ‘yes.’ I’m not going to say ‘no,’ and I didn’t last time, either.”

Last month, he told supporters in Arizona that “this will be, in my opinion, the most corrupt election in the history of our country.”

But in April, Trump ruled out the prospect of trying to change the date of the election.

“I never even thought of changing the date of the election,” he said. “Why would I do that? November 3rd. It’s a good number. No, I look forward to that election. I’m not thinking about it at all. Not at all.”

Attorney General William Barr said in an appearance before the House Judiciary Committee this week that there was “a high risk” that mail-in voting would lead to “massive” fraud.

He said he had no “reason to think” the election would be rigged, but claimed that “if you have wholesale mail-in voting, it substantially increases the risk of fraud.”

Bolding=mine.
So he can't change the election date. What he can possibly do is get his fans to create enough trouble so that a peaceful transition or any transition does not happen

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 10:23 am

Obviously, he’s trying to be slick about this. He knows he’s going to lose.

Or.....he will seek to permanently delay elections so he can serve longer. He likes this President thing.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 10:27 am

Quote:
Trump suggests delaying his loss in the 2020 election.
There. Fixed it fer ya!

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 11:34 am

Fnord wrote:
Quote:
Trump suggests delaying his loss in the 2020 election.
There. Fixed it fer ya!

:wink:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Jul 2020, 4:30 pm

[Merged duplicate topics]

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 4:57 pm

Is Trump so insecure about his chances of not getting re-elected that he will
continue to abuse his power as President? :lol:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 5:32 pm

SOMETHING I WANT TO SAY LOUD AND CLEAR.

These are exceptional times. I know that here in Britain and also in the USA that until things settle and we can get our countries (And this goes for other countries as well) back to operating normally it is not the time for an election.

SECONDLY AND THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT.

This is neither the time for any opposition party to try to gain a political advantage y beating down the party in power. They should NOT go down that road at the moment, and any party that has done that should hang their head in shame... Because these are the times when all parties should unite to get things running again. The other parties should be helping the party in power to make things work. It is shameful for any party to be trying to work against the party in power to get things back to work again. We have all been hit hard. Now is NOT THE TIME.

I geuinely feel that political battles should be put aside at the moment though I do understand we still need to vote for things to make important decisions. But my feeling is that during these times, all parties should come together and work together more until normality is restored.

And finally. NEVER PERSONALLY CRITICIZE SOMEONE YOU DON'T PERSONALLY KNOW. Respect your countries leader even though he or she may have faults, and even though your vote goes to someone else. You do not have to agree with your leader, but you can still respect him or her. Why do I say this? Because you do not know what it is like to be inthat position, and you do not know what decisions they have had to make on your behalf. In other words... You do not have the facts that they do so you are not able to see the reasons for the decisions that they have made.

Now lets all pray for our leaders of all our parties and all our politicians, as we need all their input. And lets say to our representives "Please do not attack opposition parties at the moment. Please work together to resolve the current issues we are facing".

Did you know that if one blames a president or prime minister who happens to be in the party one has not voted for, for making a certain decision and carrying it through... Are they really to blame? Why do I say this? Because the party you voted for combined with the other opposition parties let them pass the vote. So who really is to blame? People forget this!

Anyway. Lets pray for ALL our politicians as they do their part in our democratic governing systems (And even non democratic governing systems for those who are under a different government system). As all the people involved need our prayers. Thanks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 6:40 pm

i have a nasty feeling that the usual GOP ratfornicators will figure out a way to disenfranchise me and my vote. there is gonna be a LOT of anger beyond what we have now, this november, going well into the new year.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 6:41 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

If your president told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 6:43 pm

RushKing wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

I would need more details. How high the cliff is. Would I have a paraschute. Apart from that, I am very unlikely to meet my countries leader for him to tell me that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 6:45 pm

i wonder how many other people here on WP have had nightmares about political violence?

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 6:48 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

I would need more details. How high the cliff is. Would I have a paraschute.

Let's say 10,000 ft and no parachute.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 6:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i wonder how many other people here on WP have had nightmares about political violence?

I miss Timmy Mallet. :P

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 6:49 pm

RushKing wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

I would need more details. How high the cliff is. Would I have a paraschute.

Let's say 10,000 ft and no parachute.

I would be polite and let my leader go first. :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 6:50 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I miss Timmy Mallet. :P

"utterly brilliant!" :mrgreen: