Two posts on a Traditional Catholic Forum site

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2020, 11:28 pm

Quote:
My Post on Monday:
As I mentioned in one of my previous prayer requests, I was engaging in evangelization on a secular forum site; however certain things that happened last week that caused me to finish my campaign and focus on getting a job and finding my future spouse. Several times in the past on here, people have commented on how, while we should all try to evangelize and save souls when we can, some of us shouldn't obsess too much about it in these dark times. This past weekend, I've started thinking about this passage of Sacred Scripture:

"Therefore the prudent shall keep silence at that time, for it is an evil time."
-Amos 5:13 DR

While I do plan to start evangelizing once an opportunity presents itself; and will continue to pray for the conversion of many people, like my parents and brother, Kevin Franklin, Bradleigh and the like. I'm thinking of focusing more on finding a job and my future spouse, as well as overcoming the last of my sins.

Additionally, I think it's very important in these dark times that we pray for our brothers and sisters that they remain firm in these difficult times and don't give up. I was speaking with an email penpal of mine yesterday, and she talked about a lot struggles she was having which made me worried about her being able to handle to what's coming; and last night, I had a dream about a certain Catholic I know online, (Andres is his name, I don't know much about him, but I have seen some questionable things from him, though again, I don't know enough.) losing the Faith in a very bad way.

I hope I didn't ramble too much in this.

Quote:
My Friend's Post on another thread today:
I'll definitely pray for people who are Leftist, even the most brazen / dangerous.

Will continue with The Golden Rule.

But I've decided I won't try and humor them, or behave as though "it doesn't matter, we're still friends."

We're not.

By their decision, we are not friends.

Friends don't intentionally inflict harm, or threaten to.

My best lifelong friend (conservative and vocal Trump supporter) is still willing to interact and "be friends" with the opposition. Perhaps she's got a better heart than I, or I'm wiser. Unsure which.

Otherwise I'm avoiding. Truly avoiding.

A school principal in Michigan was fired for simply acknowledging who our President is.

The shark's been jumped before this, and I've exited the water.

As my post implies, I probably won't be able to hang around and discuss and debate things here, but I'll try to stop by and discuss things if I can. This isn't meant to threaten anyone or anything, but I would like everyone here to think about these posts; I am of course, aware that some of you have thought about this stuff before.

You're free to draw your own conclusions.

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

WP is the 2nd worst forum site I have ever been on.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jul 2020, 3:34 am

Greatshield17 wrote:
Quote:
My Post on Monday:
As I mentioned in one of my previous prayer requests, I was engaging in evangelization on a secular forum site; however certain things that happened last week that caused me to finish my campaign (...)
Oh, so you openly admit your purpose on WP was an evangelizing campaign?

Anyway, the focus on practical aspects of life (job, spouse) you declared is a prudent move. I wish you luck with it (honestly, I do).

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 8:07 am

magz wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
My Post on Monday:As I mentioned in one of my previous prayer requests, I was engaging in evangelization on a secular forum site; however certain things that happened last week that caused me to finish my campaign (...)
Oh, so you openly admit your purpose on WP was an evangelizing campaign? ...
What ... the religious imagery, the walls of propaganda-filled text, and the dearth of posts on anything other than how great and wonderful it is to pray to dead people weren't enough clues?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 8:11 am

Quote:
A school principal in Michigan was fired for simply acknowledging who our President is.

link to a legitimate news source please

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 8:22 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Quote:
link to a legitimate news source or stfu
To avoid the inevitable hail Mary crap, I'll post the link: Teacher Fired for Trump Support.

What the article goes on to say is that the school board was actually concerned that the coach supports opening the schools in spite of the dangers of the coronavirus...
Quote:
... Kucera said school district officials hauled him into a closed-door meeting after he tweeted his support for Trump's call to reopen schools.
The coach clearly demonstrated an utter lack of concern for the health and safety of the students.  The fact that he is a Trump supporter is secondary.  The fact that a Trump supporter was fired for his own stupidity...

... PRICELESS!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jul 2020, 8:36 am

Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
My Post on Monday:As I mentioned in one of my previous prayer requests, I was engaging in evangelization on a secular forum site; however certain things that happened last week that caused me to finish my campaign (...)
What ... the religious imagery, the walls of propaganda-filled text, and the dearth of posts on anything other than how great and wonderful it is to pray to dead people weren't enough clues?
I've seen quite a lot of WP members whose activities here revolved around some philosophical beliefs or political affiliations - most of us do have some strong opinions - but Mr Greatshield is the first one to openly admit he's deliberately using an autism support forum for the purpose of "saving the heathen".

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 8:52 am

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
magz wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
I've seen quite a lot of WP members whose activities here revolved around some philosophical beliefs or political affiliations - most of us do have some strong opinions - but Mr Greatshield is the first one to openly admit he's deliberately using an autism support forum for the purpose of "saving the heathen".
That's what got me banned once, except I was trying to "save" members from exploitation by challenging hucksters and teaching the members how to tell when they were being flim-flammed, much to the dismay of one of the mods.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2020, 9:35 am

Have it your way then, if people just want to dismiss all this and engage ad hominem attacks on me, they’re free to do that. (These actions by the way, really just expose the narrative on here, that either, the Catholic Church is evil and has not one ounce of goodness in it and has done nothing good at all; or, as has been implied by a couple of other posts on here in the past, that the Catholic Church has enabled the source of all evil in the world, namely, humanity itself.)

I look forward to not putting up with such gems as “what about the passages in the Bible about not wearing garments sown with different fibres?” Which quite frankly, is about as intellectually shallow as me asking, “why are Americans anti-confederate? They rebelled against Britain, they should be pro-rebellion!”

Don't bother with me, I'm just a narrow-minded bigot who does nothing but "proselytize" not because I actually love the Faith, because no one loves the Faith, we're just "using it to justify our bigotry." If you see any thread by me on here that isn't "proselytizing," I can't explain that because that's obviously impossible; because again, all I've ever done on here is "proselytize."

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 10:03 am

Greatshield17 wrote:
I look forward to not putting up with such gems as “what about the passages in the Bible about not wearing garments sown with different fibres?” Which quite frankly, is about as intellectually shallow as me asking, “why are Americans anti-confederate? They rebelled against Britain, they should be pro-rebellion!”

How about this gem then? I'm interested in selling my youngest daughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7 -- she's only 6, but fairly bright for her age and a good worker. What do you think would be a fair price?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 10:07 am

Mr Greatshield may be the first Catholic but is not the first.

8,10 years ago evangelism was quite common in the PPR forum,mostly Protestant fundamentalist but none the less quite common.

I actually saw a born again Evangelical post in the Woman's forum a few months back.I don't normally check that forum but the post was on the new post list on WP homepage.

In the last five years evangelism has become quite rare in PPR but GS has the right to get his message out if he wishes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 10:12 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Greatshield17 wrote:
How about this gem then? I'm interested in selling my youngest daughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7 -- she's only 6, but fairly bright for her age and a good worker. What do you think would be a fair price?
Jephthah knew the value of a good daughter (ref.: Book of Judges, chapter 11, beginning at verse 34).

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 10:15 am

Fnord wrote:
Jephthah knew the value of a good daughter (ref.: Book of Judges, chapter 11, beginning at verse 34).
I need a current day monetary value though -- working on the craigslist ad as we speak.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 11:13 am

Yiphtach killed his daughter to win a battle,she wasn't sold as a slave.He didn't really mean to kill his daughter but promised to kill the first thing to walk through his door if he won the battle.

And his daughter walked through the door.

Greatshield17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2020, 11:14 am

You know, whenever I watch and listen to various right-wing commentaries and the like, and I hear certain things; I always thought that what I was hearing was merely inflammatory rhetoric. I always assumed that, at best these commentators merely misunderstand what people were saying and at worst, they’re just refusing to show respect to their opponents; and when these people say things like, “they hate God!” again, they were just engaging in inflammatory rhetoric.

However, after being on here, I have come to the realization that even here on WrongPlanet, with the exception of a few individuals like Bradleigh; the majority of people on the Left, really are as disrespectful, as dishonest, and as depraved as those right-wing commentators made them out to be. I guess it’s no surprise, you can’t practice vice virtuously and frankly, left-wing policies are not based on love, compassion and mercy; left-wing policies actually hurt people and ruin lives.

I guess that it’s just as well that I’m done here. My biggest flaw is cynicism and thus, being here would obviously exacerbated my problem. So I’m off to go fulfill my vocation.

Farewell.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jul 2020, 11:29 am

vermontsavant wrote:
I've noticed some Catholics on WP, just regularily posting without making everything about religion.

vermontsavant wrote:
8,10 years ago evangelism was quite common in the PPR forum,mostly Protestant fundamentalist but none the less quite common.

I actually saw a born again Evangelical post in the Woman's forum a few months back.I don't normally check that forum but the post was on the new post list on WP homepage.

In the last five years evangelism has become quite rare in PPR but GS has the right to get his message out if he wishes.
Okay, Greatshield is free to preach for Catholicism, Fnord is free to reuse centuries-old Protestant arguments on him, some militiant atheist is free to join and the rest of us is free not to read any of this. I like clear rules, thanks!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 11:51 am

magz wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
I've noticed some Catholics on WP, just regularily posting without making everything about religion.

vermontsavant wrote:

Okay, Greatshield is free to preach for Catholicism, Fnord is free to reuse centuries-old Protestant arguments on him, some militiant atheist is free to join and the rest of us is free not to read any of this. I like clear rules, thanks!

Yes Magz,I fully agree people have the right to argue there points and I think that's great.

However when arguments turn to clear trolling and ridicule that becomes a problem.Now we have lost another member because people thought it fun to ridicule someone.We have lost what,15 members in the last month because of trolling.

When will they ever learn?