Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 4:30 pm

I saw this! Straight out of the Soviet kgb playbook. Ever since the corona crisis started in China I have been freaked out.

First off all the misinformation and silence about corona at first. Communist tactic to keep control of a country's citizens. Don't tell 'em nothing!

Trump fam started peddling Goya beans that reminded me of something a communist would do.

The weird paranoia Trump has about the press reminds me of communism.

Walls as borders - something communists have. In other words, closed borders.

And lastly, this happens with these creepy, shadowy cops in Oregon.

I think there are closet communists running the show right now. Very dangerous time for Americans.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 4:40 pm

You do not appear to know the difference between communism & fascism.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 4:46 pm

cberg wrote:

It's more like how communist states operate. Are you old enough to remember The Soviet Union?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 4:52 pm

I live with Russians stateside actually, but all I see here is a ruthlessly corrupt capitalist oligarchy abusing fascist tactics up & down the gamut. There are totalitarian single party states imposing these practices on American civilians through the white house, but that doesn't mean communism.

This is blame shifting, not analysis. Karl Marx didn't turn Trump into a fascist zealot, neither did Reagan.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 4:54 pm

The Bush & Obama administrations both had innocent people in Guantanamo.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 4:57 pm

cberg wrote:
I live with Russians stateside actually, but all I see here is a ruthlessly corrupt capitalist oligarchy abusing fascist tactics up & down the gamut. There are totalitarian single party states imposing these practices on American civilians through the white house, but that doesn't mean communism.

This is blame shifting, not analysis. Karl Marx didn't turn Trump into a fascist zealot, neither did Reagan.

Study how the Soviet Union conducted itself and you will see what I mean.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 5:29 pm

Cberg is right.

You have to up your game before you discuss this subject.

Under Communism there are no private corporations so you dont have the head of state plugging commercial products as a quid pro quo like that. Thats Tammany Hall type 1890s New York city type corruption. They had other kinds of corruption in the USSR but not that. Too capitalistic a form of corruption to be found under Communism.

Under Communism the state owns the economy. Under fascism you have private ownership of companies (as in western democracies), but as under Communism you have a totalitarian dictatorship as a govt.

Hitler Mussolini, Saddam Hussien, are examples of fascist dictatorships.

Actually if you had just said "its just like a dictatorship" (and didnt specify whether its fascist or communist) your post would have been fine. Because this stuff, if true, is very disturbingly like a dictatorship.

Actually there is one thing that Trump has done for years that is EXACTLY like a Communist dictator, and unlike any previous POTUS, and that is to use the phrase "enemies of the people" about folks who criticize him. Fascist dictators use the phrase too, but it's especially popular with Communist heads "dictatorships of the working class".

How ANY American self respecting, private enterprise loving Republican can continue to support Trump after hearing his first use of that phrase "enemies of the people" is beyond me.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 6:00 pm

It's inching closer to communism when you have a president and his family plugging their own businesses and their friends businesses or businesses they own stock in because you see the merging of enterprise and the government.

And who can deny the mysterious cops are acting like the KGB? The KGB used to do the same thing to anyone who criticized communism or the CCCP. KGB came, kidnapped them, and took them in unmarked cars to no one knows where. Did anyone ever find out?

Trump behaves more like how Soviet communists did. That brand of authoritarianism. He uses their tactics all the time. Pretty sure Melania's father was an influential communist party member in Yugoslavia. Melania grew up in the Soviet Union where all was orderly, no one was supposed to be speak freely and newspapers were not wanted nor tolerated.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 6:22 pm

Communism is not a system of government at all, it's economics. You are confusing it with Fascism.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 6:43 pm

cberg wrote:

in americanese, "commumism" means "when the government does something i don't like"

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2020, 11:38 pm

I think even most capitalists would agree that capitalist countries are not immune to this kind of abuse of power. These tactics are not exclusive to communism. Authoritarianism can worm its way into anyone's ideology. Trump's corporate background also just meshes well with the federal government's usual treatment of dissenters.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
It's inching closer to communism when you have a president and his family plugging their own businesses and their friends businesses or businesses they own stock in because you see the merging of enterprise and the government.

I would partially agree. It is inching even further into state capitalism. Still very much capitalist, but controlled by business-influenced politicians (or businessmen turned politicians) through the state. Hence the confusion with the state-run economies of the USSR & co. Trump's authoritarianism and disregard for ethics stem from his corporate background. The state becomes a vehicle for corporate power struggles and personal enrichment. It's not even a free market.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jul 2020, 1:14 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
cberg wrote:

in americanese, "commumism" means "when the government does something i don't like"

What's wrong with the "not with my tax dollars you won't" mentality?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 3:12 am

That has nothing to do with whether or not you are a communist.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2020, 4:03 am

aside from the semantics of the damned thing, why is our lapdog press keeping mum about this? we sheeple need to pull our heads out into the sunshine and show some outrage. but too many of us can't be bothered unless it happens to us.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran