Page 7 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 1:10 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
It's very good to have you back Ferris

I'm touched VS :heart:

Is that real or sarcasm,maybe it's me because I'm sarcastic,so I'm having Freudian moment.

You are not having a Freudian moment , it's real

If I was being sarcastic I would of said "I'm touching myself :heart: "

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 1:33 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
It's very good to have you back Ferris

I'm touched VS :heart:

Is that real or sarcasm,maybe it's me because I'm sarcastic,so I'm having Freudian moment.

You are not having a Freudian moment , it's real

If I was being sarcastic I would of said "I'm touching myself :heart: "
Ok,you to much fun LOL

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 3:49 pm

Welcome back Ferris.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 4:52 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Thanks.  Welcome back!  I hope you can stay longer this time.
Thanks Fnord , I will make a concerted effort to stay but you know what I'm like , sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut.
Um ... yeah ... well ... about that ... all is forgiven ... by me, anyway.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 5:04 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Welcome back Ferris.

Thanks Misslizard :)

Fnord wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Thanks.  Welcome back!  I hope you can stay longer this time.
Thanks Fnord , I will make a concerted effort to stay but you know what I'm like , sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut.
Um ... yeah ... well ... about that ... all is forgiven ... by me, anyway.

:D

That's all that counts in my book :D

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 10:18 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
I will make a concerted effort to stay but you know what I'm like , sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut :roll:

If I can do it I'm sure you can Ferris

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2020, 10:34 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
The truth is we don't exactly know where anyone came from,there even questioning whether PIE's came from the Eurasian steppe.

One of the greatest distortions in modern history was the conflation of language (PIE group), culture and race. While there is no dispute that the genes from the steppe are responsible for the Corded ware culture that gave rise the Germanic, Italic and Celtic groups in Modern Europe; but these steppe semi-nomadic pastoralists only likely contributed their language, religion, weapons, horse and pottery in terms of culture.

Technology - agriculture, building, architecture, metalwork medicine etc has been demonstrated to have travelled from the Anotolian peninsula from non-PIE cultures such as the Egyptians and Sumerians and may have entered Europe prior to the steppe cultures.

This seems to be how PIE languages entered Iran, India and Greece where warlike semi-nomadic pastoralists speaking PIE attacked walled cities and defeated the advanced civilisations already living there. The Indian Rig Veda is very specific about their PIE (Sanskrit) speaking people attacking walled cities and the people who lived in such "advanced" cities as their enemy.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 9:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
I will make a concerted effort to stay but you know what I'm like , sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut :roll:

If I can do it I'm sure you can Ferris

fingers crossed for us both then CD

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 1:49 pm

So, this episode focuses on a well known not-racist and his typical methods of spin.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Aug 2020, 5:06 pm

From viewtopic.php?t=389127&p=8591105#p8591105

funeralxempire wrote:
Drake wrote:
Don't get caught up in semantics when there's no ill intent.

So, it's fair to call Proud Boys white supremacists? And those who openly support them sympathizers? :wink:

The Proud Boys - from what I can read on them on Wikipedia - are white extinction conspirationists, which I believe equals white supremacist.
Those who openly support them - not necessarily, I guess. Let's imagine someone horribly lonely who experienced acceptance when accidentally appearing on their gathering.
I think Trump is an idiot but not everyone who openly supports Trump is an idiot ;) People may have different experiences and biases.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:08 pm

magz wrote:
From viewtopic.php?t=389127&p=8591105#p8591105
funeralxempire wrote:
Drake wrote:
Don't get caught up in semantics when there's no ill intent.

So, it's fair to call Proud Boys white supremacists? And those who openly support them sympathizers? :wink:

The Proud Boys - from what I can read on them on Wikipedia - are white extinction conspirationists, which I believe equals white supremacist.
Those who openly support them - not necessarily, I guess. Let's imagine someone horribly lonely who experienced acceptance when accidentally appearing on their gathering.
I think Trump is an idiot but not everyone who openly supports Trump is an idiot ;) People may have different experiences and biases.

If we agree that the group are x then it logically follows that those who sympathize with them are x sympathizers. If they cease to express those sympathies it's fair to cease referring to them as such, but as long as that's their on record stance...

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Aug 2020, 5:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
If we agree that the group are x then it logically follows that those who sympathize with them are x sympathizers. If they cease to express those sympathies it's fair to cease referring to them as such, but as long as that's their on record stance...

A sympathiser. That's fair.
Did someone openly expressed sympathy to Proud Boys?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Aug 2020, 5:23 pm

^ I do recall someone starting a thread to defend Trump’s “very fine people on both sides” remark a year or two after they happened, and posting a video by some Proud Boys as an example of very fine people on the wrong side of Charlottesville. I posted about their ideology and they conceded that perhaps those weren’t “very fine people” after all.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:24 pm

magz wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

A sympathiser. That's fair.
Did someone openly expressed sympathy to Proud Boys?

I don't recall the exact group, but it was one of the many similar groups who marched as part of Unite The Right marches which are organized by white nationalist and white supremacist groups and front groups for them who are less explicit in their messaging.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:32 pm

So we're not even talking about the Proud Boys now.

If you've got a group identifying as white supremacists, then there's nothing wrong with calling them that. But someone might sympathise with that group and it have nothing to do with white supremacism. I don't know much about the Proud Boys, but I know they brawl with antifa a lot. You could express support for them confronting antifa and if they are white supremacists, at the same time condemn them for that.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 5:33 pm

Drake wrote:
So we're not even talking about the Proud Boys now.

If you've got a group identifying as white supremacists, then there's nothing wrong with calling them that. But someone might sympathise with that group and it have nothing to do with white supremacism. I don't know much about the Proud Boys, but I know they brawl with antifa a lot. You could express support for them confronting antifa and if they are white supremacists, at the same time condemn them for that.

ANTIFA largely exist because of groups like that. They're a response to far-right violence.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う