Page 3 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 12:21 pm

Talk about white supremacy.

GOD sent his blue eyes // golden brown hair // white son down to welcome us.

Be the hero of your life.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Aug 2020, 1:38 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Talk about white supremacy.

GOD sent his blue eyes // golden brown hair // white son down to welcome us.

We had recently quite a discussion on this topic: viewtopic.php?t=388800

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 3:26 pm

Jesus probably looked like what most natives of the Levant would look like today.

White Supremacy, simply, is the belief that the “white race” is superior to other “races.”

One could easily be an abject white racist without being a white supremacist.

Many abject white racist talk a good game—but, in reality, are envious of some other races’ supposed superiority in some aspects to the “white race.” Envy, and lack of exposure and knowledge, is behind lots of racism of all stripes.

A big part of racist thought is the “mystery,” exoticism, and enigmatic notions which underlie a lack of exposure to many races and cultures.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 05 Aug 2020, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 3:46 pm

i Think it's Valuable to Consider the Origins of 'Supremacy' First; before 'White Supremacy'.

Generally, Speaking, the Reason (FEELING/SENSE) Human Beings Elevate Themselves 'Verbally' Ahead
of Any Other Part of Nature is that Deep Down they Don't Feel Complete; If one is Complete,
There is no Need to Elevate oneself above another part of Nature to get a 'Cheap Thrill'
of Serotonin, mixed with a Bit of Dopamine, and a Hit of Male
And Female Androgens And Estrogens, With somewhat
of an Adrenaline Boost too; And Of Course Oxytocin
When This or that Group Bonds together over a
Common Enemy of That or This Group in a Kind
of Tribal 'Warfare' Where Us is Greater Than Them.

Wow; You'd have to Be Pretty Special to Escape

This Part of Human Nature...

Whoops...

Very Rarely Will
One See Anyone
Who Escapes This Part of Human Nature;
Particularly, What is Felt And Not Spoken;
But What Is Obviously Expressed in Body Language.

Or Filters on Instagram or Whatever; This has become a Major Art of Society.

Seriously, Greater than Ever Before; As everyone Gets Their 15 Minutes of Timothy O'Leary Supremacy;

As A Public Dancer, I've Seriously had People Bow Down Before Me And Offer Up Hands of Prayer;
Squeal Because they say They can't Believe they are actually meeting me; i always Remind them

Where i come from And Where i stay:

Less than a Grain of Sand;

i Understand Reality;

You have
to Go
Very
Low
And Stay There
to Truly 'See' High Complete.

The Meek Do Inherit The Earth in
Every Way; Talk to A Virus And See
What Less than the Size of a Grain
of Sand has to

'say' about it...

Supremacy Is
A Worst Kind of Weakness...

For Human Beings at Least As Altruistic Social Mammals....

Other than that "Traditional White Supremacy Does Still Exist in the Deep South";
Go to almost Any Southern Baptist Get Together on A Pastor's Farm for Lunch and

You'll See the Evidence...

Stuff Like God Hates
"Mud-Mix" Couples Having Children...

When Those Folks Are Their Frigging closest relatives...

It's An Issue of Overall Humanity; Some Folks Have it And some folks do not...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 3:49 pm

Examples of white supremacy are:

Feeling threatened by inclusion by work places wanting to include minorities more by hiring more of them so they are a diverse work place

Feeling threatened or upset with any films that exclude white people, the fact there is no white history month or no white pride and so on.

Being worried about becoming the minority as the minorities get more and more common and having kids with white people

And of course thinking being white is better

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 4:14 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
White people throughout time conquered and enslaved others.

Fixed that for you.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 5:09 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
White people throughout time conquered and enslaved others.

Fixed that for you.

That's not what is taught.

World History classes only have so much time.

So, they focus on "great accomplishments" of white European people.

Like when white Europeans discovered America or Manifest Destiny.

Be the hero of your life.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 5:37 pm

I think that White Supremacy can come in a couple different flavours. Of course you can get the people that act like Nazis and shout things like 'white power' and want to enslave or eradicate the "lesser races". But another example may appear as the type of racists that typify other races by maybe saying things like Black people are naturally more athletic and Asian people are better at math or something, this is used as a shield in saying that they don't think that "White people" are the most superior at everything. The most common unsaid element is some aspect of White people being the most civilized, that their contributions to modern global culture is an innate element to them, and that is the most important (or supreme) part of the best cultures in modern times.

I would not say all racism is white supremacy, partially because that can make it that all racists must think white people are the best, but it can simply be white people who look down on people of other races. But is not even unique to white people, as those of other "races" can be some level of white supremacists themselves, the kind of people that might have dark skin and feed into the ideas of other white supremacists by perhaps criticizing the common culture of their own race by saying that they can't be trusted with their own, or that white people are the real victims. They are out there, perhaps as part of a grift to be the "one good *insert race*", or given into the Kool-Aid that everything white people did to reach the present is worth it and those of other races should pull themselves up by their bootstraps to be accepted.

The counter I can imagine is some level of saying that white people are being expected to feel "white guilt" or shame, but I think the better word is humility. Accept that there is a certain privilege to be part of what might be called white in certain parts of the world, and accept that it does not make anyone inherently better or worse, just opportunity. After all, the distinctions between races can often be arbitrary as the colour of one's skin.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 6:56 pm

There's A Certain Privilege to Breathe;
Perhaps that is Why Military Folks Who Have
Actually Been To War And Bleed, Tend to See
Folks More Equal As Bleeders this way;
I know For Sure,
Facing Death
3 Reps in
my Life it
Gives me
this Lower Than
A Grain of Sand
Perspective of Supremacy;
How Fortunate We Are to Exist;
Easier to Learn that in a Fox Hole Than
'Wall Street', As Just Another Brick in a Wall;
Or maybe
not;
it
always
Depends
on the Individual
And The Environmental
Circumstances; i can't imagine
Being Much Closer to Death Now
Than Working For Money Again, PERIOD.
Freedom;
Privilege
of Freedom;
Really, Nowhere Else
to Go Higher Within, Now For me at
Least; Particularly When Bathed in Love...
On The Military Base, Everyone 'Played
Nicely Together'; A Few Miles North, the
Same Folks who played nicely together
Warned the Darker Folks Not to go to the Town,
20 Miles North, After Dark; And this was in the 80's...
Generally, Speaking,
there isn't Usually
Any Supremacy
When folks
Actually Need
Each other to Survive...
The Fact That Folks Will be
Convinced by A Total Liar, Not
to Wear Masks to Fall on their Sword,
along with their Closest Relatives is evidence
of a Very Sick Kind of Supremacy; 'Maleficent', indeed..
The Masses Are 'The Sleeping Beauty' Refusing to
Wake up and smell the Truth...
It's Not Just that 'White
Folks' Are Becoming
A Minority of 'Color';
So Many Levels
of Supremacy And Inferiority
In Life, Largely Environmentally
Influenced, Beyond All Colors of Reality...
But of course, Genetically Speaking, in Reproduction;
Darker Protective Melanin is Dominate, overall; Obviously, this
is A Crux of the Weakness associated with this Faux 'White Supremacy'...

What Constitutes White
Supremacy; Or Any
Other Faux Supremacy:

Cowardly, Weakness;
So Much, Cowardly Weakness, Overall...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 7:43 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Examples of white supremacy are:

Feeling threatened by inclusion by work places wanting to include minorities more by hiring more of them so they are a diverse work place

Nope - No "Supremecy" there (a KEY part of the term "White supremacy") - May possibly indicate "subconcious racism", "racial bias", or similar, however.

Without the "feeling threatened" part, it can also indicate a belief in equality where a person should be selected on merit, not for any other reason, keeping in mind that a person who was (or has the appearance of having been) selected for "quota" reasons over ability is likely to be looked on a less capable, and so likely wil have a harder time in their job.

League_Girl wrote:
Feeling threatened or upset with any films that exclude white people, the fact there is no white history month or no white pride and so on.

Nope - No "Supremecy" there (a KEY part of the term "White supremacy") - May possibly indicate "subconcious racism", "racial bias", or similar, however.

Without the "feeling threatened or upset" component, it could be a case of the cast not fitting the roles\script (Imagine a "viking" based film where the cast were of Asian descent, for example), or that people when seeing a film want to relax with something "familiar"\representative of their surroundings\experiences...Or the film is just bad\not to their taste in general.

For example (in my non-"Black American" view), a series like "Luke Cage" was quite enjoyable (season 1 in particular), whilst another in the same genre and with similar cast composition ("Black Lightning") was bad\not engaging for me. Changing the cast of either to a different one would not have improved either, and would (in my opinion) have been a detriment to "Luke Cage"...It is the story and how the cast\environment fit into it that are important. (I probably haven't explained that as well as I would like to, but I hope you can see what I am trying to say\show)

With regards to the "no white history month or no white pride and so on", this could also be a desire for "acceptance" in a world where "white" is treated as "evil" or as having no redeeming feature, and so are trying to find a way to show the "good" in their culture.

League_Girl wrote:
Being worried about becoming the minority as the minorities get more and more common and having kids with white people

Potentially could also indicate that they are concerned that components of their culture\values which they see as being important\valuable risk being replaced with alternatives which differ greatly\are at odds with their own.

League_Girl wrote:
And of course thinking being white is better

Finally, you provide a single example of "White supremacy"...Although it could come down to whether they see no reedeeming features in other races ("White supremacy"), or just that "White" is "better" although other races may have some good parts (possibly indicate "subconcious racism", "racial bias", "lack of exposure to\understanding of those of different race" or similar).

By conflating "White supremacy" with other issues\causes, you run the risk of not just devaluing the term "White supremacy", but in pushing away those who may support your efforts, and potentially turning a large portion of the population against your cause when they see how you treat others.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 8:16 pm

Brictoria wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Examples of white supremacy are: Feeling threatened by inclusion by work places wanting to include minorities more by hiring more of them so they are a diverse work place
LG is right.  I personally knew people in the workplace who felt threatened every time we hired a non-white person for his/her qualifications.  Some came right out and claimed that (1) Since the company was started by white people, only white people should have jobs there, or (2) Only white people deserved to have well-paying jobs, or (3) white people should always be in management positions over non-whites.  Those racist people don't work here any more.
Brictoria wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
LG is right again.  And again, I personally knew some people who believed that every movie should have (a) a white person in the leading role, and (b) non-white people only as extras, thugs, street people, the villain's henchmen, and/or the villain.  I don't hang with those racist people any more.

White Supremacy is not only about wanting to return to a slave-based economy; it is also about placing white people in leading roles in education, employment, entertainment, politics, and even religion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 8:28 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Without the "feeling threatened or upset" component, it could be a case of the cast not fitting the roles\script (Imagine a "viking" based film where the cast were of Asian descent, for example),

I'm a fan of viking movies/TV dramas as its a particularly interesting historical period in European history. I can't say I have ever seen one example of where vikings were cast by people who didn't "look" viking. I only recall only one movie called "Pathfinder" where fans complained about the depiction of vikings as brutal bloodthirsty murderers of native Americans was a little over the top. But even then they were depicted as huge and nordic...no ambiguity there either.

Brictoria wrote:
With regards to the "no white history month or no white pride and so on", this could also be a desire for "acceptance" in a world where "white" is treated as "evil" or as having no redeeming feature, and so are trying to find a way to show the "good" in their culture.

The reason there is no "white history month" is because white is a colour and the designation was historically created by colonial Europeans to differentiate themselves from their non-European subjects whom they wanted to maintain their slave status. This obsession with "white" also influenced the rise of the now debunked scientific racism in the turn of the 20th century. Something our kin would probably like to sweep under the carpet in embarrassment.

On the other hand there are plenty of celebrations of ethnic European communities all over the world. Here in Melbourne for example the Greek community have plenty of events that are open to the public. If you live in Adelaide there are German cultural events. I am sure if non-white diversity is making you anxious Brictoria there are plenty of European festivals that will reopen (once COVID-19 is over) where you can relax.

Last edited by cyberdad on 05 Aug 2020, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 8:33 pm

Racists be like...

Quote:
I never said anything racist.
If I did say something racist, I didn't mean it.
If I did mean it, you didn't understand it.
If you did understand it, it's not a big deal.
If it is a big deal, others have said worse.
Now ... whom do we know that would say things like that?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 8:38 pm

I think that League Girl's points can be indicators of a white supremacist. A lot of the time white supremacists will cover themselves from being called such by saying that inclusivity measures to cover white bias hiring as instead being discriminatory. And claims that non-white people would not fit the setting of the movie or something, when there is no reason why a fantasy story with magic and stuff cannot have different ethnics of humans.

If you don't like black people in the Witcher Netflix series and use the reason that it is heavily inspired by Polish culture, I suspect there is more of a reason why you actually don't like it. Or that a Mermaid can't have dark skin, or Heimdall from Thor having be black.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 8:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
Racists be like...
Quote:
I never said anything racist.
If I did say something racist, I didn't mean it.
If I did mean it, you didn't understand it.
If you did understand it, it's not a big deal.
If it is a big deal, others have said worse.
Now ... whom do we know that would say things like that?

The same person who said
Quote:
....you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides.

after the white supremacist Unite the Right rally.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 8:59 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
If you don't like black people in the Witcher Netflix series and use the reason that it is heavily inspired by Polish culture, I suspect there is more of a reason why you actually don't like it. Or that a Mermaid can't have dark skin, or Heimdall from Thor having be black.

I think Netflix's Cursed got a "schalacking" for having a black King Arthur....