Babylon Bee Jokes About Inbred Racists, Fans Meltdown

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:27 am

The Babylon Bee Jokes About Inbred Racists, Their Fans LOSE Their s**t

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:37 am

Who is The Babylon Bee?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:38 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Who is The Babylon Bee?

It's like the Onion, but right-wing. We used to have a few posters who liked reposting stories from it.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:52 am

Ah right.

I recognize The Onion but not The Babylon Bee.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 2:39 pm

I’m not even that surprised.

People do seem to hide prejudice behind buzzwords - whining that something is “too woke” when it’s more about the fact that they have a problem with race or issues related to gender identity.

My dad watches a lot of far right media these days and can’t get enough of the anti-woke stuff. He used to be closer to the center but now he’s shifting more and more to the right. The steady stream of indoctrination isn’t helping. He complains more about “wokeness” and political correctness than anything else. It’s absurd. He is being oppressed because he can’t openly express his bigotry. :roll:

The real oppressed group is conservative, white men./s

oboeyoudidnt
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Yesterday, 2:50 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
My dad watches a lot of far right media these days and can’t get enough of the anti-woke stuff. He used to be closer to the center but now he’s shifting more and more to the right. The steady stream of indoctrination isn’t helping. He complains more about “wokeness” and political correctness than anything else. It’s absurd. He is being oppressed because he can’t openly express his bigotry.

Another victim of the "far-right media pipeline"... My parents occasionally tune in to Newsmax "just to laugh at how absurd it is", but I always tell them to avoid it outright. No one is immune to propaganda. No matter how educated. No matter how intelligent. Not even us. I'm sorry this happened to your dad. I always worry about it happening to people close to me. It's so easy to fall for misinformation and other bull**** these days. :(

Have you asked him to stop watching this stuff? If not, I think you should have an "intervention" — maybe he'll calm down if he watches less slanted programs. (Or, if you're feeling sneaky, figure out how to block him from accessing that sort of content.)

22F, HRT 10 months.

It's great to meet you!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 3:10 pm

I try to avoid talking to him about politics although he attempts to bait me sometimes. I don’t fall for it anymore. He gets really angry when I disagree with him about something and especially when I best him in a debate. I think his goal is to own a liberal but there’s no winning with me. :lol: Then he gets mad.

With him, a lot of it is tied up in religion, so he’s incapable of being rational about it. It’s very frustrating, but it is what it is.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 4:12 pm

A lot of people dislike woke people because of the manner in which people with woke views share those woke views.

Often, woke folk come across as patronizing, pompous or sometimes over-zealous and a bunch of other negative things.

I have heard that opinion voiced from people from the centre of the political spectrum, not just disgruntled right-wingers.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 4:14 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I try to avoid talking to him about politics although he attempts to bait me sometimes. I don’t fall for it anymore. He gets really angry when I disagree with him about something and especially when I best him in a debate. I think his goal is to own a liberal but there’s no winning with me. :lol: Then he gets mad.

With him, a lot of it is tied up in religion, so he’s incapable of being rational about it. It’s very frustrating, but it is what it is.

You should deprogram him soon. I don't know if it'll happen to you, but it has happened to some with far right family members killing their loved ones because the rabbit hole of far right conspiracies got to them making them think their more liberal family members were a danger to the country.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 4:17 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
A lot of people dislike woke people because of the manner in which people with woke views share those woke views.

Often, woke folk come across as patronizing, pompous or sometimes over-zealous and a bunch of other negative things.

I have heard that opinion voiced from people from the centre of the political spectrum, not just disgruntled right-wingers.

It is a human tendency to stereotype/make generalizations about groups of people based on a small sampling one has known personally or seen on YouTube, but most often, stereotypes fail to adequately represent an entire demographic, not that the term ”woke” is agreed upon or free of controversy.

It’s often used by staunch conservatives to dismiss liberal viewpoints. Many wouldn’t even self-identify as “woke” that are designated as such.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 28 Mar 2024, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 4:35 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

It is a human tendency to stereotype/make generalizations about groups of people based on a small sampling one has known personally or seen on YouTube, but most often, stereotypes fail to provide a true representation of an entire demographic, not that the term ”woke” is agreed upon or free of controversy.

It’s often used by conservatives to dismiss liberal viewpoints. Many wouldn’t even self-identify as “woke.”

I remember a long time ago on social media, a female social justice warrior from Texas, whom I came into contact with via a 'group' self described as being "woke as f**k".

I think it seems more of a concept that is visible in American politics, to the people who follow or are involved in American politics.

The only place on television in the UK I have heard the term 'woke' on is a channel called GB News which is like a lite version of Fox News in the US.

So I guess that proves your point about it being used as an insult by conservatives.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 4:59 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

You should deprogram him soon.

I would if I could, but I can’t. I tried. :lol:

He’s started trying to bait my son which isn’t cool. I’ve had to put my foot down about that. My kid is 13 and very interested in politics - much more than I am although we have similar views. It’s one of his special interests.

At this point, I’m just trying to keep the peace and ignore what I can.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:19 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

It is a human tendency to stereotype/make generalizations about groups of people based on a small sampling one has known personally or seen on YouTube, but most often, stereotypes fail to provide a true representation of an entire demographic, not that the term ”woke” is agreed upon or free of controversy.

It’s often used by conservatives to dismiss liberal viewpoints. Many wouldn’t even self-identify as “woke.”

I remember a long time ago on social media, a female social justice warrior from Texas, whom I came into contact with via a 'group' self described as being "woke as f**k".

I think it seems more of a concept that is visible in American politics, to the people who follow or are involved in American politics.

The only place on television in the UK I have heard the term 'woke' on is a channel called GB News which is like a lite version of Fox News in the US.

So I guess that proves your point about it being used as an insult by conservatives.

But I agree with your other point about how these people can be obnoxious and condenscending in their approach to fighting for social justice.

So since criticism of "woke" has lost any real merit thanks to the racist Trump cult, what CAN we call people who are overzealous in their fight to punish white people for being white for equality and equity? Whatever term we use to criticize them I think it should contain the word "puritanical" in it. Just a thought. :chin:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:22 pm

Why do we need a term to criticize people?

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:24 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Why do we need a term to criticize people?

Because without open critcism being allowed you don't have a healthy, functioning democracy. At least that's what I still believe.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:25 pm

You shifted the goalposts.

People can scrutinize and critique without using labels.