Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 10:03 am

Set to start next Monday. Ari Melber does and excellent overview of the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KkIEGNblYE

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 10:38 am

Some more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KagCL-MXn_M

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 10:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2VJ8kEVX1c

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 4:50 pm

Yeknow, it's not entirely impossible that Stormy Daniels might just be the next great America heroine.. I mean, stranger things have happened with the near ~decade long trump train wreck. There isn't really anything that's super out of the question at this point.. Hell, aliens could pop down and intervene for the good of mankind and it wouldn't really be all that surprising. :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 7:41 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Yeknow, it's not entirely impossible that Stormy Daniels might just be the next great America heroine.. I mean, stranger things have happened with the near ~decade long trump train wreck. There isn't really anything that's super out of the question at this point.. Hell, aliens could pop down and intervene for the good of mankind and it wouldn't really be all that surprising. :lol:

So it's all up to her...to restore America's sunny days?

https://youtu.be/4XrWESC7dsA

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm

America's very on Judith! :D

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 7:09 am

Jury selection starts today.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-jury-s ... 2469e9adef

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 11:42 pm

He'll be fine now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68821646

With an ally of such standing, no jury will convict him.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2024, 7:28 am

Over on Facebook, Republican politicians are gleeful about Mr. Mayorkas' coming impeachment, but still don't have a single talking point about Trump's criminal trial. That must also mean that the Fox Noise Machine is ignoring it. The Republican National Committee will be spending a LOT of money to get him off.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2024, 5:47 pm

If I was Stormy, I'd have a working visa and a one way ticket ready to go on election night, just in case. Her position is slightly different to most other's on Trump's bucket list. Trump's backed by the fake religious elites. They're pushing their agendas, and Trump will owe them. Her 'job' may result in the fundagelicals scapegoating her, and giving their approval to making her a priority target. In other words, the fundies and the Fanta Felon might want her punished.

And if he loses? His supporters might have retaliation in mind anyway. So I'd still suggest a couple of weeks holidaying in Spain, until we know which way the wind blows.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 7:35 pm

Full jury seated at Trump trial on third day of selection process

Quote:
Twelve New Yorkers have been selected to serve as jurors in former President Donald Trump's criminal trial in Manhattan, filling out the panel on the third day of proceedings.

The 12 jurors include seven men and five women, chosen from a pool of dozens of potential jurors who submitted to questioning about their personal lives and political views. The selection process will continue Friday, since six alternate jurors are needed before the trial can move to opening arguments. One alternate had been selected as of Thursday afternoon.

"We have our jury," Judge Juan Merchan said after the new jurors swore an oath to decide the case in a "fair and impartial manner." Trump, seated at the defense table, stared at the newly sworn-in members as they exited the courtroom.

Merchan said the court is on track to begin opening statements as soon as Monday. Prosecutors will present their case first.

Before court ended for the day, Trump's attorney Todd Blanche asked if the defense could find out the names of the first three witnesses prosecutors plan to call to the stand. Joshua Steinglass, a prosecutor in Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg's office, replied that doing so is a courtesy they normally extend, but refused in this case.

"Mr. Trump has been tweeting about the witnesses. We're not telling them who the witnesses are," Steinglass said.

Merchan said he "can't blame them." Blanche seemed mystified, and asked if the defense is not going to find out who the witnesses are until they walk in the door. He offered to "commit to the court and the [prosecution] that President Trump will not [post] about any witness" on Truth Social, Trump's social media platform.

"I don't think you can make that representation," Merchan said.

Blanche offered another solution: giving the witness names only to the lawyers, who wouldn't share them with Trump.

"I'm not going to order them to do it, no," said Merchan. "I'll see you tomorrow morning."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman