Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 12:38 am

Since there seems to be a crusade going on against anything connected to the American South's evil past of slavery, treason, and racism (Confederate Flags, Confederate Monuments, Gone With the Wind, Forrest Gump, Dukes of Hazard, Aunt Jemima and Uncle Benz food products, The Dixie Chicks and Lady Antebellum, etc all are being tossed out into the fire apparently).

It makes me wonder, what exactly are people living in what is thought of as the least progressive, most despised region of the entire country allowed to be proud of now? And DON'T say our music and food! Everyone knows our country music sucks and that our food is so bad it could kill you. :eew:

I know this is old news, but I'm feeling especially bitter because they also censored an episode of The Golden Girls over this. :jester:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 12:46 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
It makes me wonder, what exactly are people living in what is thought of as the least progressive, most despised region of the entire country allowed to be proud of now? And DON'T say our music and food! Everyone knows our country music sucks and that our food is so bad it could kill you. :eew:

But that's only one of the types of music you have, you forgot The second type - Western

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 12:47 am

I dunno, coleslaw is pretty tasty...

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 12:48 am

R.E.M.?

It's the end of the world as we know it music video

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 12:58 am

I like New Orleans Jazz, so there's that I guess. :shrug: and as tastey as our food is I've had gallbladder surgery and now fatty liver disease and hypothyroidism from years of eating this stuff. :pig:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 12:59 am

Sweet Home Alabama :)

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 1:01 am

We're also the birthplace of Hoodoo and Appalachian Witchcraft. :skull:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 1:07 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Since there seems to be a crusade going on against anything connected to the American South's evil past of slavery, treason, and racism (Confederate Flags, Confederate Monuments, Gone With the Wind, Forrest Gump, Dukes of Hazard, Aunt Jemima and Uncle Benz food products, The Dixie Chicks and Lady Antebellum, etc all are being tossed out into the fire apparently).

I know this is old news, but I'm feeling especially bitter because they also censored an episode of The Golden Girls over this. :jester:

Not necessarily South-related, but they're recasting almost every non-white animated character voiced by a white person.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 1:33 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:

Not necessarily South-related, but they're recasting almost every non-white animated character voiced by a white person.

You mean like they should have from the beginning? :wink:

On topic: the south can be proud of it's role in creating rock music, soul food, dirty south hip-hop; the civil rights movement, MLK was a southerner, the SNCC was founded in the south by southerners.

Basically, once you reject the notion that white southerners are the only southerners you'll find plenty to be proud about down south. Really, at the end of the day the only thing the south should be ashamed of is the bitter sore losers who still haven't accepted that decency prevailed.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 20 Aug 2020, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 1:41 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
I dunno, coleslaw is pretty tasty...

Bleurgh :eew: Cabbages are satans dumplings. I didn't know it was invented in the south I thought it was a European thing.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 1:49 am

Pretty sure it came over with the dutch, but the south took it and ran with it. Probably the least healthy way to eat your veggies, but still damn tasty.

Mmmm...dumplings...

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 1:55 am

Well, here are a few:

1. Jazz
2. Johnny Cash
3. Matthew McConaughey's abs
4. William Faulkner

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 2:05 am

Ooh, Faulkner!

Don't lets forget Mark Twain.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 2:11 am

Hayseed Dixie ?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 3:40 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:

Southern Rock doesn’t suck.
The 70s-80s alternative rock scene out of Athens,GA(B-52’s, REM, Pylon) was great. As good if not better then anything out of New York or London.

Rock and Roll was basically birthed in the South.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 4:19 am

Mark Twain (actually Samuel Clemens) was from Missouri....only some people call Missouri the South.

The South’s bad reputation is only partially deserved.