Page 4 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,989

24 Aug 2020, 2:57 pm



As Far As 'Southern Pride' GoeS, Over
Here iN The U. S. A. For The Far
West Deep South
As Such, 'Record
Year' Now By Eric
Church really does
Feel Like Great
Deep State
in Being
of Pride; Just
Getting All the Jobs Done, Now;
Not really caring what anyone
else thinks; Like a Carpenter
Inherently Who Build His Home
Out in the Country HiS Own
Way; Even if No one else
Likes His Build; For
It's True
THeRE
Are FLoWeRS
Up Down Here
And Lots of Pretty
Girl Flowers With Bikini's
Too So Deep As The Beach Is Beautiful True...
Pandemics And Hurricanes; Hell, Double IT Even Really True..;)


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,161
Location: Aux Arcs

24 Aug 2020, 7:11 pm

Good food.
Cornbread, BBQ, cobblers, chicken- n-dumplings, fried chicken , sweet tea,Tex Mex, cheese dip ( it was invented here in Arkansas), biscuits and gravy , coconut cream pie, Key Lime pie , gumbo, potato salad,creamy cole slaw, fried catfish and hush puppies, chicken fried steak, fried green tomatoes, pinto beans and ham hock, fried okra, fresh vine ripe tomatoes and watermelons.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,088
Location: temperate zone

24 Aug 2020, 8:39 pm

And...

Elvis!



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,161
Location: Aux Arcs

24 Aug 2020, 11:40 pm

Blues music, without that, no Elvis.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


roronoa79
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 407
Location: Indiana

25 Aug 2020, 12:07 am

Misslizard wrote:
Good food.
Cornbread, BBQ, cobblers, chicken- n-dumplings, fried chicken , sweet tea,Tex Mex, cheese dip ( it was invented here in Arkansas), biscuits and gravy , coconut cream pie, Key Lime pie , gumbo, potato salad,creamy cole slaw, fried catfish and hush puppies, chicken fried steak, fried green tomatoes, pinto beans and ham hock, fried okra, fresh vine ripe tomatoes and watermelons.


This. I'm from the north, but I admit that (generally) the south has the better food. Nothing beats good gumbo and fried okra.

Good music too:
Ragtime, blues, rockabilly, honky tonk, jazz, rock and roll, bluegrass, country, gospel, soul--all got started in the South.

Don't go around trashing country music just because of recent mainstream country. Country music has a long and diverse history. People of all political persuasions have made country music. It's mainly in the post 9/11 era that much of mainstream country became poisoned by nationalism. Don't forget that the (Dixie) Chicks had their career destroyed for 15 years for speaking out against George W Bush.

Environmentalist country:


Johnny Cash did a whole concept album devoted to injustice against Native Americans (this particular song is a cover):


_________________
Diagnoses: AS, Depression, General & Social Anxiety
I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
- Brian Wilson

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν
- Thucydides


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,161
Location: Aux Arcs

25 Aug 2020, 10:07 am

Country music has changed, alternative country is nothing like radio station country.


_________________
"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller


DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2020
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 881

25 Aug 2020, 12:27 pm

Ok! So there are good things to still like about the south. :D <3


_________________
♥♦♣♠


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,088
Location: temperate zone

25 Aug 2020, 3:32 pm

Obviously the region that produced Louis Armstrong, Elvis, William Faulkner, and both GW, and GW Carver, is fine.


No place is perfect.

And to quote the aforementioned Faulkner:

"You dont love because. You love despite."

So...go ahead and love your regional home...warts and all.



DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2020
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 881

25 Aug 2020, 3:39 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Obviously the region that produced Louis Armstrong, Elvis, William Faulkner, and both GW, and GW Carver, is fine.


No place is perfect.

And to quote the aforementioned Faulkner:

"You dont love because. You love despite."

So...go ahead and love your regional home...warts and all.



Will do! :D ...But if we end up having another civil war because of Trump and his cult I'm running away. :bounce:


_________________
♥♦♣♠


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,002
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

25 Aug 2020, 9:31 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Obviously the region that produced Louis Armstrong, Elvis, William Faulkner, and both GW, and GW Carver, is fine.


No place is perfect.

And to quote the aforementioned Faulkner:

"You dont love because. You love despite."

So...go ahead and love your regional home...warts and all.



Will do! :D ...But if we end up having another civil war because of Trump and his cult I'm running away. :bounce:

I don’t believe Trump is the problem.

The issue of the South and the Civil War wasn’t so much slavery as it was collectivism as a whole. Forced racial slavery is nothing but extreme collectivism that doesn’t have to hide what it is. The most debilitating aspect was never the forced physical labor but rather the expectation that people surrender their own intellectual capacities to make the best decisions for themselves. Democrats have steadily resisted allowing blacks full self-sufficiency ever since.

There is some confusion that Republicans have been the ones standing in the way of racial equality. Republicans have had to wrestle with the problem that freedom and equality cannot be imposed on any human being who doesn’t want them. All men ARE created equal. That was never the problem. The problem is no man is equal in ability, ideas, or will. Therefore, no men are created equally deserving. Republicans have been more willing to step out of the way and allow “all men” to do as they want without the need for a government to artificially prop them up. To suggest that any affirmative action is necessary for success is to insult the ability, ideas, and will of the supposed victim. While at one point in history blacks really were real victims of slavery, such is no longer the case. Collectivists in this country daily remind their precious victim classes of their common enemies, creating an institutionalized state of intellectual slavery, only this time the war is waged by enslaved minds against free minds not only for the right to stay on the plantation, but to drag free thinkers down with them.

When I see a Confederate emblem, I see nothing different than a NAZI swastika or a Soviet hammer and sickle. My objection to the removal of these symbols and monuments is not approval of them but disapproval of the reasoning behind their removal. It is an attempt at rewriting history in order to hide Democratic Party involvement in those horrible acts and disguise present-day attempts at maintaining an enslaved power base. What they do is virtue signaling. It is disingenuous and disgusting.

Don’t interpret that to say I’m anti-Southern. I choose to live in Mississippi. I’m no fanboy of Trump or the Republican Party. I merely believe they most closely represent my own ideals and their policies work more to my advantage than the alternative. That said, there is NO POLITICAL PARTY that could possibly ever solve the big issues we have because there can never be a solution to a government-created problem as long as that solution requires execution by the same government that created the problems in the first place.



DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2020
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 881

25 Aug 2020, 9:51 pm

AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Obviously the region that produced Louis Armstrong, Elvis, William Faulkner, and both GW, and GW Carver, is fine.


No place is perfect.

And to quote the aforementioned Faulkner:

"You dont love because. You love despite."

So...go ahead and love your regional home...warts and all.



Will do! :D ...But if we end up having another civil war because of Trump and his cult I'm running away. :bounce:

I don’t believe Trump is the problem.

The issue of the South and the Civil War wasn’t so much slavery as it was collectivism as a whole. Forced racial slavery is nothing but extreme collectivism that doesn’t have to hide what it is. The most debilitating aspect was never the forced physical labor but rather the expectation that people surrender their own intellectual capacities to make the best decisions for themselves. Democrats have steadily resisted allowing blacks full self-sufficiency ever since.

There is some confusion that Republicans have been the ones standing in the way of racial equality. Republicans have had to wrestle with the problem that freedom and equality cannot be imposed on any human being who doesn’t want them. All men ARE created equal. That was never the problem. The problem is no man is equal in ability, ideas, or will. Therefore, no men are created equally deserving. Republicans have been more willing to step out of the way and allow “all men” to do as they want without the need for a government to artificially prop them up. To suggest that any affirmative action is necessary for success is to insult the ability, ideas, and will of the supposed victim. While at one point in history blacks really were real victims of slavery, such is no longer the case. Collectivists in this country daily remind their precious victim classes of their common enemies, creating an institutionalized state of intellectual slavery, only this time the war is waged by enslaved minds against free minds not only for the right to stay on the plantation, but to drag free thinkers down with them.

When I see a Confederate emblem, I see nothing different than a NAZI swastika or a Soviet hammer and sickle. My objection to the removal of these symbols and monuments is not approval of them but disapproval of the reasoning behind their removal. It is an attempt at rewriting history in order to hide Democratic Party involvement in those horrible acts and disguise present-day attempts at maintaining an enslaved power base.

Don’t interpret that to say I’m anti-Southern. I choose to live in Mississippi. I’m no fanboy of Trump or the Republican Party. I merely believe they most closely represent my own ideals and their policies work more to my advantage than the alternative. That said, there is NO POLITICAL PARTY that could possibly ever solve the big issues we have because there can never be a solution to a government-created problem as long as that solution requires execution by the same government that created the problems in the first place.



I disagree with most of what you just said. Trump IS part of the problem, the Democrats and Republicans no longer stand for the same values they held during the Civil War so this claim that Democrats are the real racist is complete bullshit, black people are still being victimized in this country, and it aint just the government that created this mess, it's the American people who are ignorantly and happily skipping towards a new dark age because they allowed the republic or their democracy or whatever the hell kind of government this is to crumble.


_________________
♥♦♣♠


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,002
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

25 Aug 2020, 10:01 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Obviously the region that produced Louis Armstrong, Elvis, William Faulkner, and both GW, and GW Carver, is fine.


No place is perfect.

And to quote the aforementioned Faulkner:

"You dont love because. You love despite."

So...go ahead and love your regional home...warts and all.



Will do! :D ...But if we end up having another civil war because of Trump and his cult I'm running away. :bounce:

I don’t believe Trump is the problem.

The issue of the South and the Civil War wasn’t so much slavery as it was collectivism as a whole. Forced racial slavery is nothing but extreme collectivism that doesn’t have to hide what it is. The most debilitating aspect was never the forced physical labor but rather the expectation that people surrender their own intellectual capacities to make the best decisions for themselves. Democrats have steadily resisted allowing blacks full self-sufficiency ever since.

There is some confusion that Republicans have been the ones standing in the way of racial equality. Republicans have had to wrestle with the problem that freedom and equality cannot be imposed on any human being who doesn’t want them. All men ARE created equal. That was never the problem. The problem is no man is equal in ability, ideas, or will. Therefore, no men are created equally deserving. Republicans have been more willing to step out of the way and allow “all men” to do as they want without the need for a government to artificially prop them up. To suggest that any affirmative action is necessary for success is to insult the ability, ideas, and will of the supposed victim. While at one point in history blacks really were real victims of slavery, such is no longer the case. Collectivists in this country daily remind their precious victim classes of their common enemies, creating an institutionalized state of intellectual slavery, only this time the war is waged by enslaved minds against free minds not only for the right to stay on the plantation, but to drag free thinkers down with them.

When I see a Confederate emblem, I see nothing different than a NAZI swastika or a Soviet hammer and sickle. My objection to the removal of these symbols and monuments is not approval of them but disapproval of the reasoning behind their removal. It is an attempt at rewriting history in order to hide Democratic Party involvement in those horrible acts and disguise present-day attempts at maintaining an enslaved power base.

Don’t interpret that to say I’m anti-Southern. I choose to live in Mississippi. I’m no fanboy of Trump or the Republican Party. I merely believe they most closely represent my own ideals and their policies work more to my advantage than the alternative. That said, there is NO POLITICAL PARTY that could possibly ever solve the big issues we have because there can never be a solution to a government-created problem as long as that solution requires execution by the same government that created the problems in the first place.



I disagree with most of what you just said. Trump IS part of the problem, the Democrats and Republicans no longer stand for the same values they held during the Civil War so this claim that Democrats are the real racist is complete bullshit, black people are still being victimized in this country, and it aint just the government that created this mess, it's the American people who are ignorantly and happily skipping towards a new dark age because they allowed the republic or their democracy or whatever the hell kind of government this is to crumble.

Which party is in power and responsible for policy in these areas where blacks are supposedly victimized? Aren’t Democrats just selling a false victim narrative to mobilize communities to hate whites?

I’d be delighted to see socialist governments crumble. Our government is a joke, and the most significant bilateral success we’ve seen is both parties working together to keep it that way.



DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2020
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 881

25 Aug 2020, 10:06 pm

AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Obviously the region that produced Louis Armstrong, Elvis, William Faulkner, and both GW, and GW Carver, is fine.


No place is perfect.

And to quote the aforementioned Faulkner:

"You dont love because. You love despite."

So...go ahead and love your regional home...warts and all.



Will do! :D ...But if we end up having another civil war because of Trump and his cult I'm running away. :bounce:

I don’t believe Trump is the problem.

The issue of the South and the Civil War wasn’t so much slavery as it was collectivism as a whole. Forced racial slavery is nothing but extreme collectivism that doesn’t have to hide what it is. The most debilitating aspect was never the forced physical labor but rather the expectation that people surrender their own intellectual capacities to make the best decisions for themselves. Democrats have steadily resisted allowing blacks full self-sufficiency ever since.

There is some confusion that Republicans have been the ones standing in the way of racial equality. Republicans have had to wrestle with the problem that freedom and equality cannot be imposed on any human being who doesn’t want them. All men ARE created equal. That was never the problem. The problem is no man is equal in ability, ideas, or will. Therefore, no men are created equally deserving. Republicans have been more willing to step out of the way and allow “all men” to do as they want without the need for a government to artificially prop them up. To suggest that any affirmative action is necessary for success is to insult the ability, ideas, and will of the supposed victim. While at one point in history blacks really were real victims of slavery, such is no longer the case. Collectivists in this country daily remind their precious victim classes of their common enemies, creating an institutionalized state of intellectual slavery, only this time the war is waged by enslaved minds against free minds not only for the right to stay on the plantation, but to drag free thinkers down with them.

When I see a Confederate emblem, I see nothing different than a NAZI swastika or a Soviet hammer and sickle. My objection to the removal of these symbols and monuments is not approval of them but disapproval of the reasoning behind their removal. It is an attempt at rewriting history in order to hide Democratic Party involvement in those horrible acts and disguise present-day attempts at maintaining an enslaved power base.

Don’t interpret that to say I’m anti-Southern. I choose to live in Mississippi. I’m no fanboy of Trump or the Republican Party. I merely believe they most closely represent my own ideals and their policies work more to my advantage than the alternative. That said, there is NO POLITICAL PARTY that could possibly ever solve the big issues we have because there can never be a solution to a government-created problem as long as that solution requires execution by the same government that created the problems in the first place.



I disagree with most of what you just said. Trump IS part of the problem, the Democrats and Republicans no longer stand for the same values they held during the Civil War so this claim that Democrats are the real racist is complete bullshit, black people are still being victimized in this country, and it aint just the government that created this mess, it's the American people who are ignorantly and happily skipping towards a new dark age because they allowed the republic or their democracy or whatever the hell kind of government this is to crumble.

Which party is in power and responsible for policy in these areas where blacks are supposedly victimized? Aren’t Democrats just selling a false victim narrative to mobilize communities to hate whites?

I’d be delighted to see socialist governments crumble. Our government is a joke, and the most significant bilateral success we’ve seen is both parties working together to keep it that way.


So are you implying that black people don't get victimized in Republican-controlled regions of the country like where I live?


_________________
♥♦♣♠


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,002
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

25 Aug 2020, 10:14 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Obviously the region that produced Louis Armstrong, Elvis, William Faulkner, and both GW, and GW Carver, is fine.


No place is perfect.

And to quote the aforementioned Faulkner:

"You dont love because. You love despite."

So...go ahead and love your regional home...warts and all.



Will do! :D ...But if we end up having another civil war because of Trump and his cult I'm running away. :bounce:

I don’t believe Trump is the problem.

The issue of the South and the Civil War wasn’t so much slavery as it was collectivism as a whole. Forced racial slavery is nothing but extreme collectivism that doesn’t have to hide what it is. The most debilitating aspect was never the forced physical labor but rather the expectation that people surrender their own intellectual capacities to make the best decisions for themselves. Democrats have steadily resisted allowing blacks full self-sufficiency ever since.

There is some confusion that Republicans have been the ones standing in the way of racial equality. Republicans have had to wrestle with the problem that freedom and equality cannot be imposed on any human being who doesn’t want them. All men ARE created equal. That was never the problem. The problem is no man is equal in ability, ideas, or will. Therefore, no men are created equally deserving. Republicans have been more willing to step out of the way and allow “all men” to do as they want without the need for a government to artificially prop them up. To suggest that any affirmative action is necessary for success is to insult the ability, ideas, and will of the supposed victim. While at one point in history blacks really were real victims of slavery, such is no longer the case. Collectivists in this country daily remind their precious victim classes of their common enemies, creating an institutionalized state of intellectual slavery, only this time the war is waged by enslaved minds against free minds not only for the right to stay on the plantation, but to drag free thinkers down with them.

When I see a Confederate emblem, I see nothing different than a NAZI swastika or a Soviet hammer and sickle. My objection to the removal of these symbols and monuments is not approval of them but disapproval of the reasoning behind their removal. It is an attempt at rewriting history in order to hide Democratic Party involvement in those horrible acts and disguise present-day attempts at maintaining an enslaved power base.

Don’t interpret that to say I’m anti-Southern. I choose to live in Mississippi. I’m no fanboy of Trump or the Republican Party. I merely believe they most closely represent my own ideals and their policies work more to my advantage than the alternative. That said, there is NO POLITICAL PARTY that could possibly ever solve the big issues we have because there can never be a solution to a government-created problem as long as that solution requires execution by the same government that created the problems in the first place.



I disagree with most of what you just said. Trump IS part of the problem, the Democrats and Republicans no longer stand for the same values they held during the Civil War so this claim that Democrats are the real racist is complete bullshit, black people are still being victimized in this country, and it aint just the government that created this mess, it's the American people who are ignorantly and happily skipping towards a new dark age because they allowed the republic or their democracy or whatever the hell kind of government this is to crumble.

Which party is in power and responsible for policy in these areas where blacks are supposedly victimized? Aren’t Democrats just selling a false victim narrative to mobilize communities to hate whites?

I’d be delighted to see socialist governments crumble. Our government is a joke, and the most significant bilateral success we’ve seen is both parties working together to keep it that way.


So are you implying that black people don't get victimized in Republican-controlled regions of the country like where I live?

Be more specific. Whose policies? Which areas? New Orleans? Atlanta? Jackson? Memphis? Mississippi Delta? Washington D.C.? Baltimore?

What about Appalachia? Perpetual victimhood knows no racial boundaries. ;-)



DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2020
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 881

25 Aug 2020, 10:24 pm

AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Obviously the region that produced Louis Armstrong, Elvis, William Faulkner, and both GW, and GW Carver, is fine.


No place is perfect.

And to quote the aforementioned Faulkner:

"You dont love because. You love despite."

So...go ahead and love your regional home...warts and all.



Will do! :D ...But if we end up having another civil war because of Trump and his cult I'm running away. :bounce:

I don’t believe Trump is the problem.

The issue of the South and the Civil War wasn’t so much slavery as it was collectivism as a whole. Forced racial slavery is nothing but extreme collectivism that doesn’t have to hide what it is. The most debilitating aspect was never the forced physical labor but rather the expectation that people surrender their own intellectual capacities to make the best decisions for themselves. Democrats have steadily resisted allowing blacks full self-sufficiency ever since.

There is some confusion that Republicans have been the ones standing in the way of racial equality. Republicans have had to wrestle with the problem that freedom and equality cannot be imposed on any human being who doesn’t want them. All men ARE created equal. That was never the problem. The problem is no man is equal in ability, ideas, or will. Therefore, no men are created equally deserving. Republicans have been more willing to step out of the way and allow “all men” to do as they want without the need for a government to artificially prop them up. To suggest that any affirmative action is necessary for success is to insult the ability, ideas, and will of the supposed victim. While at one point in history blacks really were real victims of slavery, such is no longer the case. Collectivists in this country daily remind their precious victim classes of their common enemies, creating an institutionalized state of intellectual slavery, only this time the war is waged by enslaved minds against free minds not only for the right to stay on the plantation, but to drag free thinkers down with them.

When I see a Confederate emblem, I see nothing different than a NAZI swastika or a Soviet hammer and sickle. My objection to the removal of these symbols and monuments is not approval of them but disapproval of the reasoning behind their removal. It is an attempt at rewriting history in order to hide Democratic Party involvement in those horrible acts and disguise present-day attempts at maintaining an enslaved power base.

Don’t interpret that to say I’m anti-Southern. I choose to live in Mississippi. I’m no fanboy of Trump or the Republican Party. I merely believe they most closely represent my own ideals and their policies work more to my advantage than the alternative. That said, there is NO POLITICAL PARTY that could possibly ever solve the big issues we have because there can never be a solution to a government-created problem as long as that solution requires execution by the same government that created the problems in the first place.



I disagree with most of what you just said. Trump IS part of the problem, the Democrats and Republicans no longer stand for the same values they held during the Civil War so this claim that Democrats are the real racist is complete bullshit, black people are still being victimized in this country, and it aint just the government that created this mess, it's the American people who are ignorantly and happily skipping towards a new dark age because they allowed the republic or their democracy or whatever the hell kind of government this is to crumble.

Which party is in power and responsible for policy in these areas where blacks are supposedly victimized? Aren’t Democrats just selling a false victim narrative to mobilize communities to hate whites?

I’d be delighted to see socialist governments crumble. Our government is a joke, and the most significant bilateral success we’ve seen is both parties working together to keep it that way.


So are you implying that black people don't get victimized in Republican-controlled regions of the country like where I live?

Be more specific. Whose policies? Which areas? New Orleans? Atlanta? Jackson? Memphis? Mississippi Delta? Washington D.C.? Baltimore?

What about Appalachia? Perpetual victimhood knows no racial boundaries. ;-)


Try South Georgia or Northwest Florida.


_________________
♥♦♣♠


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,002
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

25 Aug 2020, 10:33 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Obviously the region that produced Louis Armstrong, Elvis, William Faulkner, and both GW, and GW Carver, is fine.


No place is perfect.

And to quote the aforementioned Faulkner:

"You dont love because. You love despite."

So...go ahead and love your regional home...warts and all.



Will do! :D ...But if we end up having another civil war because of Trump and his cult I'm running away. :bounce:

I don’t believe Trump is the problem.

The issue of the South and the Civil War wasn’t so much slavery as it was collectivism as a whole. Forced racial slavery is nothing but extreme collectivism that doesn’t have to hide what it is. The most debilitating aspect was never the forced physical labor but rather the expectation that people surrender their own intellectual capacities to make the best decisions for themselves. Democrats have steadily resisted allowing blacks full self-sufficiency ever since.

There is some confusion that Republicans have been the ones standing in the way of racial equality. Republicans have had to wrestle with the problem that freedom and equality cannot be imposed on any human being who doesn’t want them. All men ARE created equal. That was never the problem. The problem is no man is equal in ability, ideas, or will. Therefore, no men are created equally deserving. Republicans have been more willing to step out of the way and allow “all men” to do as they want without the need for a government to artificially prop them up. To suggest that any affirmative action is necessary for success is to insult the ability, ideas, and will of the supposed victim. While at one point in history blacks really were real victims of slavery, such is no longer the case. Collectivists in this country daily remind their precious victim classes of their common enemies, creating an institutionalized state of intellectual slavery, only this time the war is waged by enslaved minds against free minds not only for the right to stay on the plantation, but to drag free thinkers down with them.

When I see a Confederate emblem, I see nothing different than a NAZI swastika or a Soviet hammer and sickle. My objection to the removal of these symbols and monuments is not approval of them but disapproval of the reasoning behind their removal. It is an attempt at rewriting history in order to hide Democratic Party involvement in those horrible acts and disguise present-day attempts at maintaining an enslaved power base.

Don’t interpret that to say I’m anti-Southern. I choose to live in Mississippi. I’m no fanboy of Trump or the Republican Party. I merely believe they most closely represent my own ideals and their policies work more to my advantage than the alternative. That said, there is NO POLITICAL PARTY that could possibly ever solve the big issues we have because there can never be a solution to a government-created problem as long as that solution requires execution by the same government that created the problems in the first place.



I disagree with most of what you just said. Trump IS part of the problem, the Democrats and Republicans no longer stand for the same values they held during the Civil War so this claim that Democrats are the real racist is complete bullshit, black people are still being victimized in this country, and it aint just the government that created this mess, it's the American people who are ignorantly and happily skipping towards a new dark age because they allowed the republic or their democracy or whatever the hell kind of government this is to crumble.

Which party is in power and responsible for policy in these areas where blacks are supposedly victimized? Aren’t Democrats just selling a false victim narrative to mobilize communities to hate whites?

I’d be delighted to see socialist governments crumble. Our government is a joke, and the most significant bilateral success we’ve seen is both parties working together to keep it that way.


So are you implying that black people don't get victimized in Republican-controlled regions of the country like where I live?

Be more specific. Whose policies? Which areas? New Orleans? Atlanta? Jackson? Memphis? Mississippi Delta? Washington D.C.? Baltimore?

What about Appalachia? Perpetual victimhood knows no racial boundaries. ;-)


Try South Georgia or Northwest Florida.

*yawn* I personally never heard of anything going on in those areas other than that amusing Florida Man character. What won’t that guy do next? XD You’re gonna want to fill me in on what I’m missing. I used to love Pensacola, Destin, and Ft. Walton Beach when I was a little kid. Beat the heck outta damn Gulf Shores.