24 Aug 2020, 12:59 pm

^^^
Maybe so :?

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 9:51 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
I come from a family of radical leftists who endlessly talk about how much they care and the Republicans are evil mean and greedy.

But they treat me like I'm dog s**t because I'm not as successful as they are.
That's how I know the truth about liberals.

Democrats promote a victim mentality, meaning either you are a victim entitled to certain rights and privileges, or you are a self-hating parasite who provides goods and services to them. It’s acceptable, for instance, to champion more government programs for the poor while you accept EBT cards as payment at your upscale bistro, but it’s not socially acceptable for YOU to need government welfare. Welfare is for “other” people, and we don’t allow ourselves to be touched by them or their circumstances. Anyone can be a liberal. Only a tiny handful can claim elite, limousine liberal status, and that’s what you want.

I’m more of the libertarian persuasion. I don’t believe government is capable of making good decisions on the level of the individual. Government welfare programs are ineffective because they relegate individuals to victim classes without allowing for an option to improve their circumstances and regain their independence. You also lack the option to choose how you can use welfare to best benefit YOU...it’s a one size fits all approach that spreads resources equally, which results in some recipients being unable to meet their needs while others have a surplus. Some programs deliberately favor victim classes and exclude others who may also be down on their luck. Instead of the individual asking for help based on their assessment of their own needs, the government tells them what their needs are without regard for whether that assessment is based on reality. If individuals maintain their own safety nets, which they can more easily do if they can save the money that they normally pay in taxes, then they can freely choose services tailored more to their actual needs. If you’re depending on taxpayer-funded programs, you can pay all the money you want into taxes and you still won’t have any choice in how you benefit from it or if you’re even allowed to benefit from it at all.

That’s why I think that if you pay taxes and are ever allowed a break or a stimulus payment, TAKE IT. For you, it’s a matter of taking back what’s already yours anyway. Same with Social Security. Those who ethically SHOULD take welfare are those who oppose it since it’s a safety net they’re paying for. It’s a temporary relief for when individuals experience hard times. It’s not something that should become a permanent way of life. Your chances at success are better if you stay in a line of work that avoids accessing government money. Grocery stores get a lot of business through EBT, meaning they benefit from artificial profits rather than trade in actual goods and services. Food purchased from unearned money is robbed of its value, meaning that ultimately the money farmers receive from growing produce is worthless. You end up more successful avoiding trade in government programs because the money you get comes directly from someone who had to MAKE something in order to receive money. You’re dealing in actual VALUE, whereas limousine liberals get rich off the backs of the needy without actually doing anything useful.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 3:06 am

AngelRho wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
I come from a family of radical leftists who endlessly talk about how much they care and the Republicans are evil mean and greedy.

But they treat me like I'm dog s**t because I'm not as successful as they are.
That's how I know the truth about liberals.

Democrats promote a victim mentality, meaning either you are a victim entitled to certain rights and privileges, or you are a self-hating parasite who provides goods and services to them. It’s acceptable, for instance, to champion more government programs for the poor while you accept EBT cards as payment at your upscale bistro, but it’s not socially acceptable for YOU to need government welfare. Welfare is for “other” people, and we don’t allow ourselves to be touched by them or their circumstances. Anyone can be a liberal. Only a tiny handful can claim elite, limousine liberal status, and that’s what you want.

I’m more of the libertarian persuasion. I don’t believe government is capable of making good decisions on the level of the individual. Government welfare programs are ineffective because they relegate individuals to victim classes without allowing for an option to improve their circumstances and regain their independence. You also lack the option to choose how you can use welfare to best benefit YOU...it’s a one size fits all approach that spreads resources equally, which results in some recipients being unable to meet their needs while others have a surplus. Some programs deliberately favor victim classes and exclude others who may also be down on their luck. Instead of the individual asking for help based on their assessment of their own needs, the government tells them what their needs are without regard for whether that assessment is based on reality. If individuals maintain their own safety nets, which they can more easily do if they can save the money that they normally pay in taxes, then they can freely choose services tailored more to their actual needs. If you’re depending on taxpayer-funded programs, you can pay all the money you want into taxes and you still won’t have any choice in how you benefit from it or if you’re even allowed to benefit from it at all.

That’s why I think that if you pay taxes and are ever allowed a break or a stimulus payment, TAKE IT. For you, it’s a matter of taking back what’s already yours anyway. Same with Social Security. Those who ethically SHOULD take welfare are those who oppose it since it’s a safety net they’re paying for. It’s a temporary relief for when individuals experience hard times. It’s not something that should become a permanent way of life. Your chances at success are better if you stay in a line of work that avoids accessing government money. Grocery stores get a lot of business through EBT, meaning they benefit from artificial profits rather than trade in actual goods and services. Food purchased from unearned money is robbed of its value, meaning that ultimately the money farmers receive from growing produce is worthless. You end up more successful avoiding trade in government programs because the money you get comes directly from someone who had to MAKE something in order to receive money. You’re dealing in actual VALUE, whereas limousine liberals get rich off the backs of the needy without actually doing anything useful.

Good to hear a conservative viewpoint for once,instead of the radical leftist echo chamber on WP.

Question: Would a restaurant actually take a SNAP(food stamp)card,I thought SNAP cards could only be used at the grocery store.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 3:42 am

^
Depends on the state/commonwealth/jurisdiction where you reside.

For example, Pennsyltucky (Pennsylvania, The Alabama of the NorthEast, where the two major cities hate each other, with the “plain folk” (aka the Old Order Amish And Old Order Mennonites dividing the state in the middle), SNAP can only be used to purchase foodstuff that is either canned, frozen or uncooked (say ham and cheese sandwiches, submarine sandwiches (or hoagies, depending on where you live in PA).

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 4:39 am

Meistersinger wrote:
^

For example, Pennsyltucky (Pennsylvania, The Alabama of the NorthEast, where the two major cities hate each other, with the “plain folk” (aka the Old Order Amish And Old Order Mennonites dividing the state in the middle), SNAP can only be used to purchase foodstuff that is either canned, frozen or uncooked (say ham and cheese sandwiches, submarine sandwiches (or hoagies, depending on where you live in PA).

Where I live I think it's grocery items,items like cooking spray like Pam are considered a food item.
Never heard of them being used in restaurants.

EDIT-I looked up the subject.
A few states allow Pizza Hut and KFC,Arizona I think but as a rule SNAP or food stamps are for not or un cooked grocery food items only and yes no stick cooking spray is a valid food item.But you can get a D'iGiorno pizza with SNAP and they taste almost as good as a pizzaria.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 5:03 am

Good discovery ,,,yummerzz pizza .

where ever you go ,there you are

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 6:00 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
^

Where I live I think it's grocery items,items like cooking spray like Pam are considered a food item.

A few states allow Pizza Hut and KFC,Arizona I think but as a rule SNAP or food stamps are for not or un cooked grocery food items only and yes no stick cooking spray is a valid food item.But you can get a D'iGiorno pizza with SNAP and they taste almost as good as a pizzaria.

When I mention cold sandwiches, I should have said those that are made in the store’s delicatessen. You can also include items like already cooked chicken in-house (fried, broiled baked, etc) that has been chilled after being cooked (normally day-old leftovers).

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 7:32 am

Meistersinger wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
^

When I mention cold sandwiches, I should have said those that are made in the store’s delicatessen. You can also include items like already cooked chicken in-house (fried, broiled baked, etc) that has been chilled after being cooked (normally day-old leftovers).

The rules are likely formed to include anything found at a grocery store.They just don't want people going to restaurants.