Page 7 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7


Should civil authorities enforce religious doctrine on morality?
Yes, definitely. 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Yes, mostly. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe yes, maybe no. 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
No, mostly. 12%  12%  [ 4 ]
No, definitely. 74%  74%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 34

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2020
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 881

30 Aug 2020, 9:27 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Don't forget that women can get pregnant from rape. I don't think she should be forced to carry the baby.If she wants to go along with the pregnancy and put the baby up for an adoption, that is her choice. I would respect anyone's choice for what they decide to do when they are pregnant.


Abortion due to rape makes up less than 1% of all abortions. I think everyone has a right to live but most pro-lifers, myself included, would be willing to make an exception for rape, incest, and to protect a woman's life to save the lives of the vast majority who are aborted because their mother considered them an inconvenience.


Quote:
If women are expected to keep their legs closed, men should be expected to keep their dicks to themselves. Men can just walk away from the whole thing if they don't want to be a father.


No they can't. We're required by law to be responsible for our actions. We have to pay large sums of money for child support for about 20 years and are thrown in jail if we can't afford to pay it. We don't have any say regardling what happens to our child. We can't have the child aborted if the mother is opposed and usually aren't allowed to live with the child we are forced to support.

How would you feel if you were pregnant and the law allowed the father to decide whether to abort the child without allowing you to object, gave the father custody of the child, and forced you to pay for it? Men have it far worse.


My father never paid one cent of child support. Ever. :roll:


_________________
♥♦♣♠


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,020
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

30 Aug 2020, 9:46 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Don't forget that women can get pregnant from rape. I don't think she should be forced to carry the baby.If she wants to go along with the pregnancy and put the baby up for an adoption, that is her choice. I would respect anyone's choice for what they decide to do when they are pregnant.


Abortion due to rape makes up less than 1% of all abortions. I think everyone has a right to live but most pro-lifers, myself included, would be willing to make an exception for rape, incest, and to protect a woman's life to save the lives of the vast majority who are aborted because their mother considered them an inconvenience.


Quote:
If women are expected to keep their legs closed, men should be expected to keep their dicks to themselves. Men can just walk away from the whole thing if they don't want to be a father.


No they can't. We're required by law to be responsible for our actions. We have to pay large sums of money for child support for about 20 years and are thrown in jail if we can't afford to pay it. We don't have any say regardling what happens to our child. We can't have the child aborted if the mother is opposed and usually aren't allowed to live with the child we are forced to support.

How would you feel if you were pregnant and the law allowed the father to decide whether to abort the child without allowing you to object, gave the father custody of the child, and forced you to pay for it? Men have it far worse.


My father never paid one cent of child support. Ever. :roll:

There’s only just so much the courts and law enforcement can do. Prison inmates have no earning power, so it does no good to jail deadbeat dads.

But men do tend to have more earning power than women. It’s only reasonable to expect men to pay child support. The men I’m aware of who don’t really just don’t get along with the mothers. Being deadbeats is just a way to stick it to the moms.

In the past I dated a young, inexperienced woman who was concerned about what would happen if I got her pregnant. I told her I was willing to raise the baby on my own so it wouldn’t interfere with school. I was more in a position to do that at the time, but I also know a thing or two about keeping that from happening. As I was her first sexual partner, she was understandably uneasy with me on some things. But I always took good care of her. At one point she told me she wished I’d gotten her pregnant. It was really sweet.

The problem is you have so many other men with less self-control and discretion.



League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,667
Location: Pacific Northwest

30 Aug 2020, 9:57 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Don't forget that women can get pregnant from rape. I don't think she should be forced to carry the baby.If she wants to go along with the pregnancy and put the baby up for an adoption, that is her choice. I would respect anyone's choice for what they decide to do when they are pregnant.


Abortion due to rape makes up less than 1% of all abortions. I think everyone has a right to live but most pro-lifers, myself included, would be willing to make an exception for rape, incest, and to protect a woman's life to save the lives of the vast majority who are aborted because their mother considered them an inconvenience.


Quote:
If women are expected to keep their legs closed, men should be expected to keep their dicks to themselves. Men can just walk away from the whole thing if they don't want to be a father.


No they can't. We're required by law to be responsible for our actions. We have to pay large sums of money for child support for about 20 years and are thrown in jail if we can't afford to pay it. We don't have any say regardling what happens to our child. We can't have the child aborted if the mother is opposed and usually aren't allowed to live with the child we are forced to support.

How would you feel if you were pregnant and the law allowed the father to decide whether to abort the child without allowing you to object, gave the father custody of the child, and forced you to pay for it? Men have it far worse.



Men don't get pregnant so there is no way a man can just abort my baby. However, I have heard of stories about men trying to force their partner to have an abortion. If he didn't want the child, perhaps he should have kept his dick to himself?

If I don't want a baby, I am lucky to enjoy my gray a privilege of not needing sex. And I have a DUI. If you want there to be less abortions, at least we both agree on better access to birth control and make it be affordable.

If a man doesn't want a baby, he can also not have sex either if you also expect the woman to not have it.

Also I have heard tons of stories where men never paid child support to their kids. In fact I have heard of one story on Reddit where this guy forced his girlfriend into a pregnancy and she went along with it but once the baby was born, she walked away and paid 120% of her income to child support and never saw the child since the day she had him. Now the man was online asking for legal advice of how to get her to have joint custody of the kid because he is overwhelmed as a single father. Boy did everyone chew him out because one, he forced her into a pregnancy, two, he was now expecting her to be a mom. Everyone was saying she wasn't a dead beat because she was paying child support and said she was a good mom for leaving and for paying child support if she didn't want to be a mom.

And I am against oopsying the person. Men trying to trick women into getting pregnant when she is clear she does not want a baby and women trying to trick the man into getting her pregnant when he was clear he does not want to have a baby. I also don't think a man should pay child support if he is raped.

Also men can get custody of their kid or joint or visitation rights if they can get a lawyer and can afford to take care of their child.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 12 Aug 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 445

30 Aug 2020, 10:47 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Men don't get pregnant so there is no way a man can just abort my baby. However, I have heard of stories about men trying to force their partner to have an abortion. If he didn't want the child, perhaps he should have kept his dick to himself?


It takes two people to make a baby. Women can't do it alone. Since the father is usually the one paying for the child, why shouldn't the father be the one to decide whether a baby should be aborted? Although the baby is in the mother's body, it's the baby's life that's being aborted, not the mother, so that doesn't seem relevant. I think it's reasonable that the father should decide whether his child should be aborted.

Quote:
If I don't want a baby, I am lucky to enjoy my gray a privilege of not needing sex. And I have a DUI. If you want there to be less abortions, at least we both agree on better access to birth control and make it be affordable.


I'm opposed to birth control. Married couples can use natural family planning (having sex when the woman is less fertile) to reduce the likelihood of having a child.

Quote:
If a man doesn't want a baby, he can also not have sex either if you also expect the woman to not have it.


I agree. I think all sex outside of marriage should be illegal. I'm glad fornication (sex between unmarried people) or adultery (sex with a married person other than your spouse) is still a crime in Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. https://www.salon.com/2019/05/06/adulte ... the-books/



Quote:
Also I have heard tons of stories where men never paid child support to their kids. In fact I have heard of one story on Reddit where this guy forced his girlfriend into a pregnancy and she went along with it but once the baby was born, she walked away and paid 120% of her income to child support and never saw the child since the day she had him. Now the man was online asking for legal advice of how to get her to have joint custody of the kid because he is overwhelmed as a single father. Boy did everyone chew him out because one, he forced her into a pregnancy, two, he was now expecting her to be a mom. Everyone was saying she wasn't a dead beat because she was paying child support and said she was a good mom for leaving and for paying child support if she didn't want to be a mom.

And I am against oopsying the person. Men trying to trick women into getting pregnant when she is clear she does not want a baby and women trying to trick the man into getting her pregnant when he was clear he does not want to have a baby. I also don't think a man should pay child support if he is raped.

Also men can get custody of their kid or joint or visitation rights if they can get a lawyer and can afford to take care of their child.


Those men are breaking the law and can go to jail if they get caught. Re-criminalizing fornication and adultery in states that repealed laws against it would help put an end to men tricking women into getting pregnant.