Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 8:56 pm

I'm sorry but I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing. It feels like I'm stepping back in time and listening to Hitler and the Nazi party giving speeches to cheering crowds of Germans. This... is beyond disturbing. It really is. :|

Edit: Wrong Youtube link. Here's the 2020 one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVbrC33Su2c

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 9:26 pm

I mean, it's almost like Trump's team are saying that Democrats and liberals are so evil that they should all be thrown in prison or killed. Doesn't this bother anybody?

AspenL
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2020, 9:35 pm

You haven't seen an Adolf Hitler speech have you? This is no where near. Stop acting like it is. He is no dictator he was voted into presidency. If you think killing a millions of Jews and torturing them in concentration camps is similar to kicking illegal immigrants (who are most likely smuggling drugs from Mexico or escaping a crime) out of our country, than you probably need to read a few articles or something. Trump has done great things for America, like make African American unemployment the lowest they have been ever, Economic growth, Lifted 4 million Americans off of food stamps, Signed the biggest tax cuts and reforms in history, Obamacare mandate penalty is GONE, Reformed the medicare program so that hospitals don't over charge low-income seniors which has saved seniors 240 million dollars this year alone, Right to try legislation, Funded the Military with $700 billion, withdrew from the one sided Iran deal, NATO allies have gave us more money for our security, Stood with the people of Hong Kong, Protect Life Rule, the list goes on. Still don't think he is a good president? Tell me why.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 10:00 pm

AspenL wrote:
You haven't seen an Adolf Hitler speech have you? This is no where near. Stop acting like it is. He is no dictator he was voted into presidency. If you think killing a millions of Jews and torturing them in concentration camps is similar to kicking illegal immigrants (who are most likely smuggling drugs from Mexico or escaping a crime) out of our country, than you probably need to read a few articles or something. Trump has done great things for America, like make African American unemployment the lowest they have been ever, Economic growth, Lifted 4 million Americans off of food stamps, Signed the biggest tax cuts and reforms in history, Obamacare mandate penalty is GONE, Reformed the medicare program so that hospitals don't over charge low-income seniors which has saved seniors 240 million dollars this year alone, Right to try legislation, Funded the Military with $700 billion, withdrew from the one sided Iran deal, NATO allies have gave us more money for our security, Stood with the people of Hong Kong, Protect Life Rule, the list goes on. Still don't think he is a good president? Tell me why.

If I told you exactly why would it really even matter to you and the rest of the Trump cult? Tell me something. How would you HONESTLY react if Trump shot somebody on 5th Avenue?

AspenL
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2020, 10:51 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
AspenL wrote:
If I told you exactly why would it really even matter to you and the rest of the Trump cult? Tell me something. How would you HONESTLY react if Trump shot somebody on 5th Avenue?

Well that definitely would not happen he has secret service to protect him and do the work. But if he did and it was straight up murder I would still think he was a great president but obviously the murder was wrong and he probably wouldn't even go to jail. But liberals seem to not care because it is proven that bill clinton went to epstiens island so many times and got a "massage" from one of the little girls.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 10:55 pm

AspenL wrote:

Well that definitely would not happen he has secret service to protect him and do the work. But if he did and it was straight up murder I would still think he was a great president but obviously the murder was wrong and he probably wouldn't even go to jail. But liberals seem to not care because it is proven that bill clinton went to epstiens island so many times and got a "massage" from one of the little girls.

I rest my case.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 11:43 pm

Trump is no Hitler. He’s no Roosevelt, or even Clinton.

Trumpites tend to reflect the phrase: love is blind.

How would you like it if he murdered YOU or any of your friends or family on Fifth Ave?

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 12:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump is no Hitler. He’s no Roosevelt, or even Clinton.

Trumpites tend to reflect the phrase: love is blind.

How would you like it if he murdered YOU or any of your friends or family on Fifth Ave?

This is how I see it, when Hitler first rose to power in Germany World War 2 and the Holocaust did not happen overnight. I imagine there were a lot of people both in and out of Germany who did not believe things would get as bad as they did.

THAT is exactly what scares me about all this. The red flags are there in the speeches these people are giving on stage and I firmly believe without a doubt that worse things are coming after the Portland arrests. Just wait for the next few months and see.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 12:35 am

The phrase 'Barking mad' springs to mind. As for the Hitler comparisons - He started off comparatively mildly, and got worse over time. The same can be applied to Trump.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 4:08 am

Hitler was never “mild.”

He was a full-fledged Nazi from the start.

Mein Kampf was written in 1924-1925 while he was imprisoned for trying to overthrow the Bavarian government (the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch).

His rhetoric was always intensely Nazi.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 5:02 am

Comparing Trump to Hitler is naive and tasteless.
Hitler was responsible for the deaths 30 million people over all. :(

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 6:25 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
I'm sorry but I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing. It feels like I'm stepping back in time and listening to Hitler and the Nazi party giving speeches to cheering crowds of Germans. This... is beyond disturbing. It really is. :|

Edit: Wrong Youtube link. Here's the 2020 one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVbrC33Su2c

The title is deceptive because Trump has not spoken yet.

If anything at all the convention has been very pro diversity (in a fake and cliche way albeit)in any case there has been nothing Nazi at all.They may be invoking themes of diversity to get votes obviously,there has been nothing remotely nazi in any way.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 7:03 am

Trump is a horse’s ass....but to compare him to Hitler is asinine.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 8:41 am

AspenL wrote:

I thought I was the only conservative here. Nice to meet you!

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 8:59 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
AspenL wrote:

I thought I was the only conservative here. Nice to meet you!

I'm conservative,read my posts,most of the other conservatives left or were chased away.not many left

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 2:25 pm

AspenL wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
... How would you HONESTLY react if Trump shot somebody on 5th Avenue?
Well that definately would not happen he has secret service to protect him and do the work. But if he did and it was straight up merder I would still think he was a great presdent but obviously the murder was wrong and he probly wouldn't even go to jail. But librals seem to not care because it is proven that bill clinton went to epstiens island so many times and got a "message" from one of the little girls.
Bill Clinton's relevancy is long gone, while Donald Trump is relevant now, in the present.

Besides, comparing Trump to Clinton while denying someone else's right to compare Trump to Hitler is hypocritical.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.