Page 10 of 21 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 21  Next

Which Religion Should Be The National Religion?
Animism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Atheism 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
Buddhism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Christianity 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Confucianism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Druidism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gnosticism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hinduism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Islam 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Jainism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Judaism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mormonism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paganism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Scientology 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Shamanism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Shintoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sikhism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Taoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Zoroastrianism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other: ________________ (Please elaborate). 39%  39%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 33

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:30 am

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:32 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Yoinked for another thread.  If only I could fit that image into my sig space...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:38 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
A lot of people hold grudges against Christians. It couldn't be because of the way they have conquered much of the world through colonization and forced their beliefs on others, could it? :chin:

Abolished slavery. Twice. Your move, rest of the world.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:42 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
A lot of people hold grudges against Christians. It couldn't be because of the way they have conquered much of the world through colonization and forced their beliefs on others, could it? :chin:
Supported Trump's election.  Supporting Trump's re-election.

Check ... and check-mate.

New game?

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:43 am

Fnord wrote:
So far, only 3 out of the 25 people who answered the poll believe that Christianity should be the national religion.

That's only 12% (24% favor Atheism); yet most of the discussion has been about Christianity.

That's a lot of talk for so little representation.
I have tried make an issue of other faith's but have been stonewalled by agnostics pretending to be Christian just for arguments sake.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:45 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:

OK so they used it both for justifying slavery AND abolishing slavery. But what about the suppression of women and homosexuals that's been going on for centuries? Modern Christians who are pro-equality don't so much use scripture to defend feminism and LGBT rights as much as they simply ignore the parts of the bible that say women are basically inferior to men and that homosexuals are abominations and deserve to be killed.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:46 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
So far, only 3 out of the 25 people who answered the poll believe that Christianity should be the national religion.  That's only 12% (24% favor Atheism); yet most of the discussion has been about Christianity.  That's a lot of talk for so little representation.
I have tried make an issue of other faith's but have been stonewalled by agnostics pretending to be Christian just for arguments sake.
Are they pretending, or are you just assuming they're pretending?

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:49 am

While I agree with you about self-professed believers conveniently ignoring unsavory scripture, I'm also very much in favour of such scripture being ignored.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:52 am

I'm in favor of starting my own religion revolving around ice cream. :chef:

...Would that technically be a cult though? :chin:

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 8:53 am

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
So far, only 3 out of the 25 people who answered the poll believe that Christianity should be the national religion.  That's only 12% (24% favor Atheism); yet most of the discussion has been about Christianity.  That's a lot of talk for so little representation.
When they make un Christian post in one context,then promote Christianity in the next,it's not hard to to discern,people aren't stupid.

For a website that is so liberal and claims to hate discrimination they are sure hostile to Judaism.

Last edited by vermontsavant on 10 Sep 2020, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 9:00 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When they make un Christian post in one context,then promote Christianity in the next,it's hard to to discern,people aren't stupid.

For a website that is so liberal and claims to hate discrimination they are sure hostile to Judaism.

I'll be honest, I'm not hostile towards Judaism at all. But I do have a problem with the way that the Israeli government has treated the Palestinians and how the rest of the free world doesn't seem to give a damn.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 9:03 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When they make un Christian post in one context,then promote Christianity in the next,it's hard to to discern,people aren't stupid.

I'll be honest, I'm not hostile towards Judaism at all. But I do have a problem with the way that the Israeli government has treated the Palestinians and how the rest of the free world doesn't seem to give a damn.

A lot of Hasidics believe it's a blasphemy to have Jewish state in Palistine until the coming of the Mashiach.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 9:04 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
I'm in favor of starting my own religion revolving around ice cream. :chef:

...Would that technically be a cult though? :chin:

Probably. And then it'd mutate into a cult of Eye scream

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 9:07 am

vermontsavant wrote:
When they make un-Christian post in one context, then promote Christianity in the next, it's hard to to discern, people aren't stupid.
How would you know what Christianity is really all about?  You've admitted that you don't read the New Testament, and your lack of Christian knowledge is obvious, as well.
vermontsavant wrote:
Just because we don't keep kosher and worship your favorite rabbi does not mean that we're hostile to Judaism -- it just means that we don't really care for Judaic law, Jewish customs, or the esoteric opinions of old men in long robes and funny hats.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 9:09 am

vermontsavant wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:

A lot of Hasidics believe it's a blasphemy to have Jewish state in Palistine until the coming of the Mashiach.

I don't understand about all that, I just know that the idea of people oppressing other human beings by stealing their land and killing them or stripping them of their basic human needs and rights sickens me.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2020, 9:11 am

Fnord wrote:
the esoteric opinions of old men in long robes and funny hats.