Page 21 of 21 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Which Religion Should Be The National Religion?
Animism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Atheism 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
Buddhism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Christianity 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Confucianism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Druidism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gnosticism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hinduism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Islam 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Jainism 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Judaism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mormonism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paganism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Scientology 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Shamanism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Shintoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sikhism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Taoism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Zoroastrianism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other: ________________ (Please elaborate). 39%  39%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 33

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2020, 8:58 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
I don't think religious and secular governments should be one and the same. I don't know anyone who thinks they should be either. However, I do believe laws should be right and just meaning those who harm others should be held accountable and those who don't harm others shouldn't be punished. That's why I selected Christianity.
Quoted for posterity -- in case you ever post something contradictory.

I've saved the link, too.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=390024&p=8611234#p8611183

Now, do you still claim that Christianity should become America's national religion?

Yes. I think laws should conform to the teaching of the ancient Christian faith (aka the Catholic church) because morality comes from God, not the opinions of men. I prefer the model used during the glorious Middle Ages where church and state were separate but the laws of the secular government were influenced by Christianity instead of people's ever changing opinions.

The idea of crazed fanatics in power is why I'm glad we no longer live in the middle ages. I hope it stays that way.

The idea of crazed fanatics in power is why I can't wait to vote in November to keep America great.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:12 am

emotrtkey wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
I don't think religious and secular governments should be one and the same. I don't know anyone who thinks they should be either. However, I do believe laws should be right and just meaning those who harm others should be held accountable and those who don't harm others shouldn't be punished. That's why I selected Christianity.

Now, do you still claim that Christianity should become America's national religion?

Yes. I think laws should conform to the teaching of the ancient Christian faith (aka the Catholic church) because morality comes from God, not the opinions of men. I prefer the model used during the glorious Middle Ages where church and state were separate but the laws of the secular government were influenced by Christianity instead of people's ever changing opinions.

The idea of crazed fanatics in power is why I'm glad we no longer live in the middle ages. I hope it stays that way.

The idea of crazed fanatics in power is why I can't wait to vote in November to keep America great.

You know something? At this point I'm pretty positive that you're just being a troll.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:35 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:

You know something? At this point I'm pretty positive that you're just being a troll.
I wouldn't worry.  The moderators are well aware of his behavior.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:38 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:

On WP a conservative is anyone to the right of Karl Marx.

EM is very conservative both politically, religiously and culturally but he is not troll.

Last edited by vermontsavant on 14 Sep 2020, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 9:09 am

I believe that marriage is a celebration of love and a recognition of the couple as people who love one another romantically.

Therefore, a gay man should marry a man if he feels that love. Not a woman. I'm talking about 100% gay here.

If marriage was about procreation then there'd be nothing wrong with divorce or polygamy. Something which I don't think Catholics believe.

Because an ideal system (not morally - purely on procreative grounds) would have a man keeping multiple women pregnant at all times & getting rid of the ones who were made infertile by age, the women replacing the man if he became infertile himself. Probably multiple men so they could make sure all the mothers became pregnant right after giving birth...

Gay men marrying women just leads to cheating imo. He'll find his bit on the side & break her heart.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 9:12 am

KT67 wrote:
Gay men marrying women just leads to cheating imo. He'll find his bit on the side & break her heart.

No no, the gay men will enter sham marriages with the lesbian women, and everyone will just find happiness on the side, because I guess that's a good solution...?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 9:14 am

KT67 wrote:
... If marriage was about procreation then there'd be nothing wrong with divorce or polygamy.
"No-Fault Divorce" + "Serial Polygamy" + Alimony + Child-Support = Marriage for Procreation

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 9:31 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:

I respectfully disagree on this.

I find it highly illuminating - if not humorous - to see a staunch Conservative Evangelical Christian argue against a staunch Conservative Catholic Christian on the relative merits of their specific religious views.

I still haven't encountered any rigorous proof of why *their* particular Christianity is the correct one, though…

… now all we need is an Conservative Orthodox Christian arguing that *he* holds the correct view of Christianity based on the original Orthodox version of the Nicene Creed… without the later addition of the Filioque...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 9:48 am

GGPViper wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
I respectfully disagree on this.

I find it highly illuminating - if not humorous - to see a staunch Conservative Evangelical Christian argue against a staunch Conservative Catholic Christian on the relative merits of their specific religious views.

I still haven't encountered any rigorous proof of why *their* particular Christianity is the correct one, though…

… now all we need is an Conservative Orthodox Christian arguing that *he* holds the correct view of Christianity based on the original Orthodox version of the Nicene Creed… without the later addition of the Filioque...
All of which supports a point made earlier: America will never be a "Christian" nation because there is no consensus regarding what it means to be a "Christian".

Perhaps another poll/thread is in order...

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Sep 2020, 9:57 am

GGPViper wrote:

Now how about adding some Ecumenist who believes all the above are Christians and their differences are resolvable with help from Holy Spirit - oh, but not Mormons nor Jehova's Withesses. They are not Christians.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 10:16 am

magz wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
Now how about adding some Ecumenist who believes all the above are Christians and their differences are resolvable with help from Holy Spirit - oh, but not Mormons nor Jehova's Withesses. They are not Christians.
*tsk* ... and those people who take in the afternoon service ... we all know about them, don't we?

:wink:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Sep 2020, 10:27 am

That shows lack of morals! :mrgreen:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 10:54 am

magz wrote:
That shows lack of morals!
[mode=sarcasm]

[persona=self-righteous_church_lady]

Imagine!  Out there until all hours of the night, carousing and drinking and carrying on and lord-knows-what!  Hangovers!  It's no wonder they're not here in the mornings!  "The sins of the night are returned to the sinners by day" -- it's G^D's own punishment for their iniquities, and G^D's own mercy that they're even allowed to attend church at all! ...

[/persona]

[/mode]