If the riots are a democrat thing, like people say...?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 1:33 pm

Then why are the democrats rioting in their own states?

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 2:38 pm

I think riots are more a "people who are getting fed up with a corrupt useless system" thing.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 2:39 pm

And we are having riots here in Georgia too. Georgia is not a Democrat state.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 2:44 pm

Oh okay, it's just people online are making it sound like it's happening in democratic cities and states as the majority.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 3:36 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, it's just people online are making it sound like it's happening in democratic cities and states as the majority.

Lemme guess, the people saying this are Trump supporters?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 3:38 pm

I'm not sure. I just keep hearing it from online comments mostly, but not sure if they support trump or not.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 3:48 pm

ironpony wrote:
I'm not sure. I just keep hearing it from online comments mostly, but not sure if they support trump or not.

I would bet money on it if I actually had any cash.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 3:50 pm

ironpony wrote:

Why not go to reliable news sources?

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2020, 3:51 pm

The impression I get...is that the more peaceful, non-violent variety of protesters are mostly democrats. The more violent ones are often far right or far left extremists...and they're showing up at the same protests and causing them to escalate...

In summary, peaceful protest is one thing, violent protest is another...violent protest is veering towards anarchy, which is not democracy.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 3:59 pm

If both the right and left are doing it, I get a feeling it's gonna get worse. I hope I am wrong here.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 4:11 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
ironpony wrote:

But the news is also saying this as well.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 4:41 pm

ironpony wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
ironpony wrote:

But the news is also saying this as well.

Can you post a link? If we see the source we may be able to help determine if it's reliable.

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2020, 5:16 pm

The protesting definitely is more of a democrat thing and happening more in democrat cities, like the news says...

But where protesting ends and rioting begins...who is taking it to that next level, are generally extremists (from both sides).

You probably don't want extreme left or extreme right, because they're crazy and irrational people (in this case, shown by their violence).

Then again, it's all a spectrum, and all a matter of degree. I think some people who identify as "very liberal" would back a lot of the rioting that goes on (even when there is violence and mayhem involved)...but they might not actively take part in it.

I think people can be pushed over the edge by the mob mentality.

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Aug 2020, 5:20 pm

most of what i've seen here in los angeles are peaceful protests.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 8:04 pm

Oh okay. Well here is one media source where they say the left is responsible for the protests, at 4:45 into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8qcjj336Y4

He refers to it as the left, but by that, I assume he means democrats?

I'll look for more.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 8:38 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay. Well here is one media source where they say the left is responsible for the protests, at 4:45 into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8qcjj336Y4

He refers to it as the left, but by that, I assume he means democrats?

I'll look for more.

Okay thanks. I see the problem. Media watchdogs consider Fox to be a biased news source. The graph below shows major news sources and how they rank based on their bias. The graph was created by Ad Frontes Media. You can read about their methodology on their website: https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

The chart is not perfect, but it's a good visual aid.

There's also this one: Image
You can read more about it here: [/url]https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings[/url]

You can read about the controversies surrounding Fox News from many sources with a little searching but the easiest thing for me to provide you with is their Wikipedia page which has sources linked to most statements. To confirm portions that you read, click the small blue number after the text. This is important because Wikipedia, while very handy, is not a credible source in and of itself. As always, I recommend looking for additional sources to confirm the original source. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_controversies

You'll notice there is also a section that addresses the conflict of interest between Sean Hannity and Trump. I recommend going through these as well.