Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 10:29 pm

This is a long video, but yeah. I have a feeling this is already happening.

I'm done being a smartass. Things are getting really bad in this country. We have indeed forgotten what civilization is supposed to be about. Because we are a country of selfish as*holes who don't give a f**k about each other.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2020, 11:16 pm

I'm not seeing an American civil war.
A divided America would make food an oil to expensive.

In the 1860's we didn't need oil and the North had enough agriculture to sustain itself.

Today without the red states,things would cost to much in blue states.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 8:12 am

vermontsavant wrote:
I'm not seeing an American civil war.
A divided America would make food an oil to expensive.

In the 1860's we didn't need oil and the North had enough agriculture to sustain itself.

Today without the red states,things would cost to much in blue states.

It's not going to be a war between states, it's going to be more like what you see going on in the Middle East.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 12:48 pm

Let's face it, what the woman was saying was right. We're a people that do not really give a s**t about each other. Even here in the rural south where I like to live in the fantasy world of 'southern hospitality'. It's the same everywhere, Americans generally do not like and do not trust each other. It's just the selfish nature of a society that values individuality over a collective and that is what is going to ruin our nation.

Civilization can't thrive if people are refusing to cooperate and work together for survival.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 3:46 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Let's face it, what the woman was saying was right. We're a people that do not really give a s**t about each other. Even here in the rural south where I like to live in the fantasy world of 'southern hospitality'. It's the same everywhere, Americans generally do not like and do not trust each other. It's just the selfish nature of a society that values individuality over a collective and that is what is going to ruin our nation.

Civilization can't thrive if people are refusing to cooperate and work together for survival.

I imagine this scenario. Two people are put into a prison room together, Person #1 and Person #2. A guard comes in and shoots Person #2 in the leg and he starts to bleed out. First aid is dispensed on a shelf that only Person #1 can reach. Instead Person #1 tells Person #2 "Oh, boo hoo! Deal with it!"

I know what I hate in life and I love the fact that I hate these things in life.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 3:51 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:

I imagine this scenario. Two people are put into a prison room together, Person #1 and Person #2. A guard comes in and shoots Person #2 in the leg and he starts to bleed out. First aid is dispensed on a shelf that only Person #1 can reach. Instead Person #1 tells Person #2 "Oh, boo hoo! Deal with it!"

Pretty much like the last Civil War in a nutshell. The south wanted a divorce and the north said "Oh like HELL you will!" and shot the south in both kneecaps to prevent us from ever leaving again.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 4:32 pm

What's so civil about war, anyway?

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 4:42 pm

GGPViper wrote:
What's so civil about war, anyway?

"Pardon me my good man. But do you mind if I shoot you repeatedly?" :mrgreen:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 5:20 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:

this is what i've been trying to say all along. so glad someone else is seeing it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Sep 2020, 9:47 pm

Obviously as a NZ citizen, I am not voting for either candidate.

When I first saw the shocking footage of the shooting of the man getting into his car - an act so vile that it will be impossible to erase from my memory and I get flashbacks - I said to my family "It seems that there must have been a move to bring the KKK into the police force, someone in power WANTS to start a race war, and I think that Trump may be in collusion with the NPR and the KKK".

Since then I have discovered that this has been noted by lots of commentators - like this one: https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... itancy-law

Things in the USA now seem the most bleak that they have been during my entire lifetime. I fear for my friends in the USA and for its citizens.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 9:58 pm

B19 wrote:
Obviously as a NZ citizen, I am not voting for either candidate.

When I first saw the shocking footage of the shooting of the man getting into his car - an act so vile that it will be impossible to erase from my memory and I get flashbacks - I said to my family "It seems that there must have been a move to bring the KKK into the police force, someone in power WANTS to start a race war, and I think that Trump may be in collusion with the NPR and the KKK".

Since then I have discovered that this has been noted by lots of commentators - like this one: https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... itancy-law

Things in the USA now seem the most bleak that they have been during my entire lifetime. I fear for my friends in the USA and for its citizens.

How do you think I feel? I may look white but I'm actually mixed with Polynesian blood and I'm also gay. Living in a state like Georgia with strong KKK connections I worry every day about what will happen to me in the future should the white supremacists and fascist wannabes take over our government. And even if I'm not killed for being gay or racially mixed I'm scared of getting in the line of fire or getting bombed once the SHTF and we have an active war on our soil. I feel that because I'm from a state that loves Trump so much that if we were invaded by the side that wants to stop Trump (you know, kinda like the last American Civil War when Sherman destroyed everything in Georgia) that I might just end up a casualty or a POW. And with my bipolar disorder and dependence on medicine to keep my sanity there is just no way I would be able to survive long as a prisoner of war.

I feel like somebody in my position is screwed either way. :( I'm not the brightest bulb in the attic, there's no way I would survive an actual civil war... Or a fascist regime under people like Trump.

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Sep 2020, 10:05 pm

How could you not experience deep unease in this current USA political climate? I certainly understand the dis-ease one would feel living in the increasingly dystopic USA. If I find it terrifying from here, it must be very much more alarming there.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 10:25 pm

B19 wrote:
How could you not experience deep unease in this current USA political climate? I certainly understand the dis-ease one would feel living in the increasingly dystopic USA. If I find it terrifying from here, it must be very much more alarming there.

What is scaring me more than Trump is the many sociopaths who love him. The shocking realization I have had after living 4 years under Trump is realizing that at least half of the people in this country really have no morals and they simply don't give a damn. All the Hollywood movies about the "good" American heroes who do the right thing to save the world are all a big fat myth. It's so ironic how Americans like to think of themselves as being better than those "Evil Nazis" they fought in World War 2, but now we are proving with each passing year that we are not much different than the Germans were under Hitler or the Italians under Mussolini. We just don't care about trying to do the right thing anymore. And the people who do care are basically fighting a losing battle in my honest opinion.

This is why I say I hate this country. :(

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Sep 2020, 10:45 pm

Things can still be turned around. I read this book last year and was very impressed by its cogent perceptions. https://donjimmyreviews.wordpress.com/2 ... a-country/

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2020, 10:47 pm

Well even if whatever Trump is creating isn't technically fascism, whatever it will be I think it will obviously be bad. He is basically promising to "Make America Great Again" only for those who swear absolute loyalty to him, like a dictator. It's not even about just white people because he actually despises other white people who challenge his authoritarian views and despite the fact that so many poor and working class whites seem to love him the truth is Trump despises ANYBODY who is poor, black or white.

The press is always talking about the impoverished black communities here in the US suffering under Trump but so are many impoverished white communities. I think people forget that only 1% of the country is actually rich now.

And yes there are black, hispanic, women, and even gay voters who support Trump for some reason as they have made so BLATANTLY clear during his speeches at the RNC when certain people were saying things like "Hey! Hey! look at me! I'm a latina gal and I support a president who's calling my people rapists and murderers and locking them up in cruddy detention centers! So he CAN'T be racist! Now lets destroy them evil Democrats!! !" ... :roll:

I feel that this upcoming civil war or whatever it will be won't so much be about race as it will who is loyal to the Trump cult and who isn't. :|

B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Sep 2020, 11:12 pm

The majority of USA citizens are not supporters of what I consider to be the cult which Trump has created. Take heart from that.