Page 5 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2020, 9:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Romofan wrote:
"Candidate Biden helped start actual war, leading to deaths of thousands of brown people and loss of trillions of dollars"

VS

"Candidate Trump may or may not have said something in private"

Very good point. That's why I have more contempt for the political establishment than I do Trump. He's just a symptom, not the disease. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have Trump in office.

What about the 62 million Americans who voted for Trump? are you saying they bear no responsibility for their actions?

When the system has turned its back on the people and serve only the oligarchs, then they'll turn to any movement that appears to be anti-establishment. People get desperate when they feel they're being f****d up the ass by the ruling class. I'm not not saying that's an intelligent decision -- hell, I wouldn't vote for Trump if someone put a gun to my head -- but I understand their frustration.

Perhaps you should consider that, rather than bash Trump voters without considering the history of how we got here.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2020, 10:24 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Romofan wrote:
"Candidate Biden helped start actual war, leading to deaths of thousands of brown people and loss of trillions of dollars"

VS

Very good point. That's why I have more contempt for the political establishment than I do Trump. He's just a symptom, not the disease. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have Trump in office.

What about the 62 million Americans who voted for Trump? are you saying they bear no responsibility for their actions?

When the system has turned its back on the people and serve only the oligarchs, then they'll turn to any movement that appears to be anti-establishment. People get desperate when they feel they're being f****d up the ass by the ruling class. I'm not not saying that's an intelligent decision -- hell, I wouldn't vote for Trump if someone put a gun to my head -- but I understand their frustration.

Perhaps you should consider that, rather than bash Trump voters without considering the history of how we got here.

Thanks to our Democratic system, those Trump voters now have a chance to redeem themselves by voting against orange Mussolini. After all, Trump IS the corrupt system, now.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2020, 11:07 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

The government = system and money is in the hands of the few. Trump is one of those few.

So in what universe is Trump's family not part of the ruling class??? the logic that a trice bankrupt billionaire who cheated thousands of their life savings would somehow fight for working class people seems like people wanted to believe his slogans and reacted emotionally rather than think about who they are voting for and their children's future.

The 62 million are identical to the brainwashed masses parodied in the Simpsons and Southpark. They really are as stupid as the stereotypes made about them.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2020, 11:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Romofan wrote:

VS

Thanks to our Democratic system, those Trump voters now have a chance to redeem themselves by voting against orange Mussolini. After all, Trump IS the corrupt system, now.

Yes. and I'm absolutely certain that when Trump is voted out of office, all corruption in government will disappear.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2020, 11:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

The government = system and money is in the hands of the few. Trump is one of those few.

So in what universe is Trump's family not part of the ruling class??? the logic that a trice bankrupt billionaire who cheated thousands of their life savings would somehow fight for working class people seems like people wanted to believe his slogans and reacted emotionally rather than think about who they are voting for and their children's future.

The 62 million are identical to the brainwashed masses parodied in the Simpsons and Southpark. They really are as stupid as the stereotypes made about them.

You're correct. Trump is part of the ruling class. How does that negate my point in any way?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2020, 11:29 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

You're correct. Trump is part of the ruling class. How does that negate my point in any way?

I thought your argument was based on the 62million voting against the ruling class?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 1:56 am

Trump has tended to ratchet up our wars:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2019/ ... -s-numbers

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 2:11 am

beneficii wrote:
Trump has tended to ratchet up our wars:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2019/ ... -s-numbers

So the Kurds were left in the "lurch" for nothing?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 3:25 am

It appears Biden dodged the Vietnam draft too.

He was a high school football player , yet claimed he was too asthmatic to go to war.

Be the hero of your life.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 3:37 am

So...the magazine that ran this "anonymous" story is owned by a huge Biden donor.

How surprising.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 3:49 am

Romofan wrote:
So...the magazine that ran this "anonymous" story is owned by a huge Biden donor.

How surprising.

Why does that in itself make the story suspect? A Fox contributor has confirmed the story, and Fox is hardly Pro-Biden. Incidentally, Trump threw a temper tantrum and demanded Fox fire the reporter in question.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 3:50 am

TheRobotLives wrote:

He was a high school football player , yet claimed he was too asthmatic to go to war.

While a high school football team probably would have no problem with a player using an inhaler, I doubt the US military would.

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 3:59 am

I saw the Fox segment, and read the story. It has not been "confirmed" at all, and in any case IT IS A HAIL MARY PASS TO DISTRACT FROM BIDEN'S COLLAPSING PERFORMANCE.

look where Joe is (barely) campaigning...look where he is not going.

It's already over

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 4:03 am

"Sen. Kamala Harris, the running mate to Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden said foreign interference by Russia could cost them the 2020 election...."

A more interesting story, IMHO. She knows they are facing a landslide, and is preparing the old bag of excuses---Russia!! !! :jester:

Romofan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 4:15 am

A top Democratic data and analytics firm told "Axios on HBO" it's highly likely that President Trump will appear to have won — potentially in a landslide — on election night, even if he ultimately loses when all the votes are counted...

They know, too.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2020, 4:35 am

TheRobotLives wrote:

Asthma does prevent going into the draft. Not quite like fake bone spurs.