Roger Stone says trump should “declare martial law” to

Page 4 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 7:21 pm

B19 wrote:
Stone working as a sock puppet for Trump, of course, testing the waters.

The USA is in treacherous waters. Not a day goes by lately when I don't see something that makes me shiver over the implications. Is the USA in some kind of mindless trance? Or just so browbeaten, divided and demoralised that apathy blinds them to the dangers of how to lose a country?

I think this is a pattern we have seen repeated in other countries throughout history from Ancient Rome to 1930's Germany. The perceived 'greatness' of the USA was never going to last, it never does for any country. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 7:23 pm

If Trump is able to declare martial law, the United States would become a failed experiment. It would be a failed nation. Be careful what you wish for.

The Founding Fathers would be absolutely furious. Even someone like Alexander Hamilton—who believed in a strong central government.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 7:26 pm

Be afraid, be very afraid.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 7:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If Trump is able to declare martial law, the United States would become a failed experiment. It would be a failed nation. Be careful what you wish for.

The Founding Fathers would be absolutely furious. Even someone like Alexander Hamilton—who believed in a strong central government.

Lucky for them they're all dead now and can't see the mess that this country has become. We basically went from rebelling against a tyrant to putting one in charge of the whole country.

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

13 Sep 2020, 7:41 pm

Congress has to authorize it...they're in control of it, basically.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 7:42 pm

We all know that Trump, an extremely mendacious man, used many personas as sock puppets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudonym ... nald_Trump

Now he uses real people he has done favours for as his current sockpuppets - Barr, Stone.... I wonder how many there are operating directly under his dictatorship to them and what rewards they receive or are promised. (Shiver).

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 8:15 pm

Ahh the good old days when “conservatives” were against tyrannical government that tried to tax them too much, take away their guns, force them to wear masks.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2020, 8:36 pm

Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
... Democrats will force Trump to declare martial law ...
Democrats are unable to force Trump to do anything.  Trump will do what he damn well pleases, and if he chooses to declare martial law, the Democrats will be unable to stop him.

I hope you enjoy martial law, because some of the first to go will be lawyers, judges, religious leaders, and their followers.

If the choice is between martial law and letting America's enemies burn down the country, it's not really a choice for someone like Trump. Since he's a good person who loves America, he's going to do what's right and what's best for the country which means declaring martial law to defend our democracy and keep Americans safe.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 8:39 pm

Enjoy your Koolaid I guess.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 8:40 pm

I don't consider an inveterate liar to fit the definition of a good person. In Christianity, isn't Satan called "the father of lies?" How can a Christian defend an inveterate liar in good faith?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 8:42 pm

I guess Trump proves it's possible to "love America" & hate Americans...

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Sep 2020, 9:07 pm

B19 wrote:
I don't consider an inveterate liar to fit the definition of a good person.

Me neither.

Quote:
In Christianity, isn't Satan called "the father of lies?"

Yes.

Quote:
How can a Christian defend an inveterate liar in good faith?

If I believed everything the mainstream media said without verifying it, I'd think Trump was an inveterate liar. However, I fact check what I hear and in every case I checked the media twisted or distorted Trump's words. It's the mainstream media that are the inveterate liars. I'm not saying Trump never lies or exaggerates but one of the reasons I and many others like him is because of his honesty compared to the politicians and media who oppose him.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 9:15 pm

Trump wants to be a dictator.

Dictatorships are really not beneficial for most people.....very often the only beneficiaries are those within a dictatorship’s inner circle.

I feel like there are those who don’t see the forest for the trees....and believe Trump is some savior.

Frankly, a Trump dictatorship would not benefit most conservatives.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 9:19 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
B19 wrote:
I don't consider an inveterate liar to fit the definition of a good person.

Me neither.

Quote:
In Christianity, isn't Satan called "the father of lies?"

Yes.

Quote:
How can a Christian defend an inveterate liar in good faith?

If I believed everything the mainstream media said without verifying it, I'd think Trump was an inveterate liar. However, I fact check what I hear and in every case I checked the media twisted or distorted Trump's words. It's the mainstream media that are the inveterate liars. I'm not saying Trump never lies or exaggerates but one of the reasons I and many others like him is because of his honesty compared to the politicians and media who oppose him.

I guess it's scary not to base all your decisions on fear instead of science & historical truth. :roll:

What is Trump saving you from? Acknowledging a tragic disaster? Apparently the wholesome good ole' idea of "alternative facts" appeals to this one.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 9:21 pm

Just get to the bottom of it & admit you hate your neighbors, o Christian. There is no other reason in hell you would sick the military on them.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 9:25 pm

Well what's more scary? Admitting to yourselves that inept humans are the clear & obvious reason entire towns are burning to the ground or losing your fascist messiah?

Truth hurts.