Roger Stone says trump should “declare martial law” to

Page 10 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 12:36 am

emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
eyelessshiver wrote:
... if women don't want to have a baby, they figure out a way to get rid of the kid, before or after it's born...
[color=black]^ THIS ^

Quoted for truth and posterity.

If murdering a young baby had the same consequences as murdering an older baby (life in prison or the death penalty), there would be far less women murdering their babies (or paying someone else to kill them). The same is true if women have to risk their health or go to more trouble to do it. I think harsh consequences and making it difficult or more dangerous to kill a child is the best way to save innocent lives

Nope; Not According to Science;

Other than that Believe what you want to...

It Won't Charge the Fact that Other Folks See A Much Bigger Picture of Science too...

And Just Common Human Sense; Some Folks Are More Open; Others Naturally More Closed...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Sep 2020, 1:54 am

! magz wrote:
Please, even if you find each other's opinions absolutely awful, do not attack each other personally. I've removed the most obvious instance. Please, don't do that again.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Sep 2020, 2:06 am

emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
eyelessshiver wrote:
... if women don't want to have a baby, they figure out a way to get rid of the kid, before or after it's born...
[color=black]^ THIS ^

If murdering a young baby had the same consequences as murdering an older baby (life in prison or the death penalty), there would be far less women murdering their babies (or paying someone else to kill them). The same is true if women have to risk their health or go to more trouble to do it. I think harsh consequences and making it difficult or more dangerous to kill a child is the best way to save innocent lives

Unfortunately, in reality, it does not work like that.
A desperate person is ready for desperate steps. Risks don't count when you're desperate.

For the sake of another discussion in another forum, I studied historical infanticide statistics for my country. It turned out that:
1. Changes in the law - either on abortion or infanticide - did not have measurable effect on number of infanticide cases;
2. Improvement in situation of the lowest class women and acceptance of single motherhood drastically changed the outcome.

So, if we want to be successfully pro-life (save possibly many lives), it's best to focus on getting future mothers out of poverty and despair. Which is way harder a challenge than making the law harsher - obviously.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 3:26 am

As far as I know murder of any child outside the womb has the same consequence,in courts of law it's the same to kill a 1 day old as a 13 year old.Once your born your premeditated killing is 1st degree murder in every US state and 95% of countries around the world.

There have been cases of young mother's who put a newborn in a dumpster and there case had sympathy so the prosecution offered a plea bargain to manslaughter which has a lesser sentence,but that was a prosecutor's choice to reduce the charge.But officially the premeditated killing of any human is murder.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2020, 8:10 am

aghogday wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
eyelessshiver wrote:
[color=black]^ THIS ^

Nope; Not According to Science;

What science? Post a study that says laws and consequences don't have any deterrent affect. How many mothers murdered their children before and after it became legal?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 8:19 am

magz wrote:
... I studied historical infanticide statistics for my country. It turned out that:

1. Changes in the law - either on abortion or infanticide - did not have measurable effect on number of infanticide cases;

2. Improvement in situation of the lowest class women and acceptance of single motherhood drastically changed the outcome.

So, if we want to be successfully pro-life (save possibly many lives), it's best to focus on getting future mothers out of poverty and despair. Which is way harder a challenge than making the law harsher -- obviously.

[mode=sarcasm]

What?!  Make it easier for people to do good?  But, our leaders are focused on punishing criminals and sinners, even going so far as to criminalize (and make "sinful") ordinary human activities that harm no one.  Surely, our leaders couldn't be wrong...

... could they?

[/mode]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2020, 8:21 am

magz wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
eyelessshiver wrote:
[color=black]^ THIS ^

Unfortunately, in reality, it does not work like that.
A desperate person is ready for desperate steps. Risks don't count when you're desperate.

For the sake of another discussion in another forum, I studied historical infanticide statistics for my country. It turned out that:

So, if we want to be successfully pro-life (save possibly many lives), it's best to focus on getting future mothers out of poverty and despair. Which is way harder a challenge than making the law harsher - obviously.

I'd like to see statistics. I know there used to be over 1 million children killed every year in the US a few years after it became legal. I can't image 1 million women hating their children so much that they'd risk life in prison to get rid of them. In the US, where there's a shortage of babies available for adoption due to the number of women killing their children, they'd be risking life in prison just to avoid being inconvenienced by a pregnancy. I don't see many women taking that risk.

Many "poor" people today (especially in Europe and US) are wealthier than the average person throughout history. Taxpayers shouldn't have to bribe women with welfare to get them to stop killing their children. I think a swift execution would be more appropriate from a moral standpoint.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2020, 8:28 am

Fnord wrote:
[color=black]What?!  Make it easier for people to do good?

Why should I have to bribe people (my taxes are paying their welfare benefits) to get them to do what's right?

Quote:
But, our leaders are focused on punishing criminals and sinners, even going so far as to criminalize (and make "sinful") ordinary human activities that harm no one.  Surely, our leaders couldn't be wrong...

I agree that's a big problem. While one party wants to criminalize murder to save innocent lives, another party wants to punish people for quoting the bible or not baking a cake to celebrate immorality.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2020, 8:32 am

vermontsavant wrote:
As far as I know murder of any child outside the womb has the same consequence,in courts of law it's the same to kill a 1 day old as a 13 year old.Once your born your premeditated killing is 1st degree murder in every US state and 95% of countries around the world.

What about a premediated killing of a 5 month old baby inside the womb? How is that any different than killing a 5 month old baby born prematurely?

Quote:
There have been cases of young mother's who put a newborn in a dumpster and there case had sympathy so the prosecution offered a plea bargain to manslaughter which has a lesser sentence,but that was a prosecutor's choice to reduce the charge.But officially the premeditated killing of any human is murder.

Unless the killing occurs inside the womb. That magically makes it not murder somehow according to some people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 8:36 am

emotrtkey wrote:
... Many "poor" people today (especially in Europe and US) are wealthier than the average person throughout history. Taxpayers shouldn't have to bribe women with welfare to get them to stop killing their children. I think a swift execution would be more appropriate from a moral standpoint.
Let me guess ... you are a ... hmm ... let's see ...

... a Trump Republican?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Sep 2020, 8:42 am

emotrtkey wrote:
Many "poor" people today (especially in Europe and US) are wealthier than the average person throughout history. Taxpayers shouldn't have to bribe women with welfare to get them to stop killing their children. I think a swift execution would be more appropriate from a moral standpoint.

Apparently, your morality is based on vengeance.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 8:43 am

magz wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
"Wrathful and vengeance-seeking" is a more apt description.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 8:46 am

emotrtkey wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

What about a premediated killing of a 5 month old baby inside the womb? How is that any different than killing a 5 month old baby born prematurely?

Quote:

Unless the killing occurs inside the womb. That magically makes it not murder somehow according to some people.
That's how the system works,never said it was right.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2020, 8:54 am

magz wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:

My morality is based on Christianity. Reward what's good. Punish what's evil. My goal isn't vengeance. It's deterrence although people should be held accountable for their actions for the sake of justice.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 8:55 am

It never ceases to amaze me that there are still some men who believe that they have the privilege of dictating what women can do with their own bodies.  It's as if those men perceive women as property, and not as human beings.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 8:56 am

emotrtkey wrote:
magz wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
My morality is based on Christianity. Reward what's good. Punish what's evil. My goal isn't vengeance. It's deterrence although people should be held accountable for their actions for the sake of justice.
Where is the love?  Where is the mercy?