Roger Stone says trump should “declare martial law” to

Page 6 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:31 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When it comes to devout Trumpsters, I've seen similar behavior in adolescent girls who 'worshiped' their post-teen-aged boyfriends -- they sincerely believed their boyfriends could do no wrong, and that anyone who pointed out the boyfriends' obvious flaws (i.e., drop-out, gang member, juvenile detention, police record, et cetera) was simply lying out of jealousy and/or bigotry.  Those girls also made every kind of improbable excuse as to why the boyfriends' actions were simply misunderstood, and why everybody should accept her boyfriend just the way he is.

Then one day, those girls wake up to the sound of their fatherless baby crying, and realize that they have been used, abused, and abandoned by the very same narcissistic boyfriend whom they believed really loved them, when narcissists really don't love anyone except themselves.

Now name the boyfriend "Trump", think of all of his fans as those adolescent girls, and you will understand how I perceive anyone who believes Trump can do no wrong, who believes anyone who points out Trump's flaws is lying, who make up all kinds of improbably excuses that favor Trump, and who will likely receive the worst screwing-over as Trump takes from them everything he wants.
I won't be feeling sorry for any of these Trump fans, they brought this on themselves.
At least we'll have the chance to say, "I told you so" to their faces.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:34 am

Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When it comes to devout Trumpsters, I've seen similar behavior in adolescent girls who 'worshiped' their post-teen-aged boyfriends -- they sincerely believed their boyfriends could do no wrong, and that anyone who pointed out the boyfriends' obvious flaws (i.e., drop-out, gang member, juvenile detention, police record, et cetera) was simply lying out of jealousy and/or bigotry.  Those girls also made every kind of improbable excuse as to why the boyfriends' actions were simply misunderstood, and why everybody should accept her boyfriend just the way he is.

Then one day, those girls wake up to the sound of their fatherless baby crying, and realize that they have been used, abused, and abandoned by the very same narcissistic boyfriend whom they believed really loved them, when narcissists really don't love anyone except themselves.

Now name the boyfriend "Trump", think of all of his fans as those adolescent girls, and you will understand how I perceive anyone who believes Trump can do no wrong, who believes anyone who points out Trump's flaws is lying, who make up all kinds of improbably excuses that favor Trump, and who will likely receive the worst screwing-over as Trump takes from them everything he wants.
I won't be feeling sorry for any of these Trump fans, they brought this on themselves.

I bet even then they still won't listen. This country is literally burning down around us and they're still convinced he's greater than Abraham Lincoln...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:38 am

Quote:
... This country is literally burning down around us and they're still convinced he's greater than  Abraham Lincoln  Jesus.
There.

I fixed it for you.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:40 am

Fnord wrote:
Quote:
... This country is literally burning down around us and they're still convinced he's greater than  Abraham Lincoln  Jesus.
There.

I fixed it for you.

:D

So true! :lol:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:41 am

Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

While saying that will make us feel good we are getting screwed also. Living in a country in anarchy is an especially bad thing for change averse, routine loving autistic people.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:43 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

While saying that will make us feel good we are getting screwed also. Living in a country in anarchy is an especially bad thing for change averse, routine loving autistic people.

I agree, which is why I said I won't feel sorry for the Trump supporters who are bringing this on themselves. I feel more sorry for those in this country who didn't want this mess to happen in the first place. The ones who knew he was bad news from the start and tried to warn people about him but were ignored. :(

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:43 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

How would living in an anarchic country be significantly different from the way it is now?

Instead of one big, fat bully-boss lying to us and demanding our absolute loyalty, we'll have thousands of lesser bully-bosses doing the exact same thing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 8:59 am

Read up on the "Cultural Revolution" in China.

There were lots of "little bully bosses" at that time who committed many murders.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 9:02 am

Feyokien wrote:
To any who are unaware, WP has additional rules for hatespeech and racism here:

How We Deal With Racism And Hate Speech On Wrong Planet

Please read them before posting. Thank you.
Off Topic
Do you think Alex could make/post a similarly-worded ruling directed specifically against sexism/misogyny?

Thank you.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 9:35 am

Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

How would living in an anarchic country be significantly different from the way it is now?

Instead of one big, fat bully-boss lying to us and demanding our absolute loyalty, we'll have thousands of lesser bully-bosses doing the exact same thing.

Off topic rant:
That describes if not our current situation one we are devolving into. MAGA’s wanted norms to be broken and they got it. I am talking about MAGA’s not every Trump voter. They don’t like lefties saying America is corrupt to the core, they were saying the same thing. They wanted free speech and now they don’t like it when it is used to cancel them for something they said ten years ago or is now considered racist or their company requires them to acknowledge non binary gender identities. I can’t discount that Trump might win and they will have their ultimate own the libs orgasm but the long term trends are against them, the woke generation is rapidly taking over the country and ultimately resistance will be futile because they are masters at weaponizing language and know how to use technology better. And MAGA’s and Trump keep on validating woke talking points.

The woke(not all progressives) will bear ultimate responsibility for disaster their destruction of core American values will cause and the MAGA’s will think “I told you so” to their little hearts content. Think it is all they will be able to do. What they are not likely to do is think about is their unwittingly laying the groundwork. I and all other future innocent victims of the woke takeover(and possibly a backlash rightist authoritarian takeover prior) will know better.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 9:42 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Off topic rant:
That describes if not our current situation one we are devolving into. MAGA’s wanted norms to be broken and they got it. I am talking about MAGA’s not every Trump voter. They don’t like lefties saying America is corrupt to the core, they were saying the same thing. They wanted free speech and now they don’t like it when it is used to cancel them for something they said ten years ago or is now considered racist or their company requires them to acknowledge non binary gender identities. I can’t discount that Trump might win and they will have their ultimate own the libs orgasm but the long term trends are against them, the woke generation is rapidly taking over the country and ultimately resistance will be futile because they are masters at weaponizing language and know how to use technology better. And MAGA’s and Trump keep on validating woke talking points.

The woke(not all progressives) will bear ultimate responsibility for disaster their destruction of core American values will cause and the MAGA’s will think “I told you so” to their little hearts content. Think it is all they will be able to do. What they are not likely to do is think about is their unwittingly laying the groundwork. I and all other future innocent victims of the woke takeover(and possibly a backlash rightist authoritarian takeover prior) will know better.

I think that's a good point. That sums up why I'm not in favor of either side right now.

And let's be honest, neither side really cares about free speech. They only care about shutting the other side up even through violence.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 10:26 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DeathEmperor413 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Off topic rant:

Hmm; Looking Around And Seeing 'Sally', Another Record Breaking
Hurricane Coming my General Way; Folks i know of Escaping Record
Wild Fires in the West; and a Pandemic of only First Epic Proportions This
Century Affecting All We Do in Life as Science Shows All of this Disaster And
Destruction is
Fueled by
Ignorance of
Climate Change;
And Encroachment
on the Homes of
The Rest of Wild
And Free Nature;
As 91 Year-Old
Honored Epic Historian
Noam Chomsky Relates;
With many More 'Letters'
of 'Authority in Academics'
Than Me; Trump And 'His Kind'
Is A Greater Threat than 'Adolph'
Ever Was As Not Only Do 'Trump
And His Kind' Endanger Human Beings;
This Ignorance of Science Threatens All that Breathes in Nature on this Earth...

Yeah; If We Don't Wake Up; It's Not Just Us that dies more on 5th Avenue;

We Can Deal A Lot Better with Allowing People to Be Named (Even if that Takes Legislation)
Whatever Pronoun They Choose, than Destroying the Only Nature We Have that is ALL US indeed...

But You Know What; i don't Just 'Hang on the Wrong Planet'; i Hang out all Around the Globe And

Indeed there
is the Hope
of Change;
Youth that See
More Than Doors
of Politics And Religion Slaves...

For Them, They've Left 'the Cave'; They are not going back...

Meanwhile, what's Left at the Polls And at The Church the Most...

Gray Hairs; Who Only Have a Very Short-Shelf Life left

Indeed to Carry on this Ignorance Any Further than as is...

And True Conservative And Liberal is Part of Human Nature; Those More
Closed Minded and Averse to Change and those More Willing to Explore the
Light Well Outside of the Cave, indeed Potential Risk Taking And Reckless too...

No Matter What 'the Parties'
Are Named; There will Always
Be Around 20 Percent 'Sitters'
And 80 Percent 'Rovers'; As Even
Science Shows in the Rest of the
Animal Kingdom too; For Example,
This Country Won't Survive Without Law Enforcement
to Temper Humans Living Far Beyond Their Capacity
in Populations With Socio-Economic Realities that lead to strife...

Boats Require These Sails and Anchors to Thrive Exploring New Winds
of Sea And Returning Safe to Harbor With Anchors in Storm Winds of Rough too...

That's Genetic and Evolved, Built-in; iT Ain't Going away no Matter What 'The Party' becomes...

Not too Worried
With a Larger
Global View...

If America Goes Away
THere is the Built in Safety
Net of Other Countries to Stay...

Anchors and Sails; America is most Definitely

in Rough Seas...

Got Friends in 'Higher Places' in Those Places too...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2020, 1:43 pm

Conservatives (not all, but in general) really strike a nerve with me for the following reasons...

1) Denial of global warming. To me this is just ridiculous, and when there are record-breaking wildfires 100 miles from me, 20 people have died, there's a layer of fog surrounding my city and state, I can literally feel it in my lungs and I'm not even going outside...and basically every scientist agrees what the cause is...I find it totally insufferable to hear people defending that it's a hoax and continuing to support pollution willy-nilly...it's not right, the world does not deserve this, and these people should be held responsible for their lies and offenses...this is the tip of the iceberg imo with people like Trump who are Republicans that espouse all kinds of moronic conspiracy theories and don't live in reality. They sometimes try to act like they're smart but they're full of sh*t. It's a form of delusional paranoia and I don't care to see those kinds of people with any political power...they should be getting mental help, not running a country.

2) Religious fanatics. Similar to the above. They tend to be very out there, extreme, and unscientific in their beliefs. There's nothing wrong with Christianity as long as it's not fundamentalist, evangelist, literalist, ignorant BS that rejects the science we've come to hold so dear as being instrumental in the rise of modern civilization...and upholds archaic, cultish ideals that are just...yeah, I can barely go on, it really bugs me.

3) Anti gay rights. Basically ties into the above. It's all based on uneducated religious fanaticism, and I can't stand the thought of that contaminating the free and enlightened world I'd like to live in.

The list goes on...but those are some main ones. I'm not saying Democrats are perfect people, but to me it's crystal clear which side is more reasonable.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2020, 2:48 pm

B19 wrote:
Do you believe that Trump is a holy person?

I don't like to judge people but I don't know anyone who likes Trump because they think he is holy. I wouldn't vote for him to be part of the clergy. People like Trump because he stands up for what is right and defends religions freedom. He doesn't need to be a Christian or have good morals to do that. For example, he's not a Catholic but he saved the Little Sisters of the Poor from religious persecution. Obama tried to force them to provide contraception despite it being a mortal sin according to Christian teaching. Biden said he's undo Trump's action showing those Democrats consider their ideology so superior to Christian teaching that they'd punish Christians for not submitting to it. That's evil. It's even worse for Biden since he identifies as Catholic and is well aware of Catholic/Christian teaching. I like Trump because he's not a racist and respects all Americans. Democrat politicians are always trying to divide Americans based on race, gender, and class and turn Americans against each other. Trump's personal life is irrelevant to me.

Last edited by envirozentinel on 14 Sep 2020, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.: inappropriate reference to shooting removed

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2020, 2:52 pm

*coughcultcough*

eyelessshiver
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2020, 3:08 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
B19 wrote:
Do you believe that Trump is a holy person?

I don't like to judge people but I don't know anyone who likes Trump because they think he is holy. I wouldn't vote for him to be part of the clergy. People like Trump because he stands up for what is right and defends religions freedom. He doesn't need to be a Christian or have good morals to do that. For example, he's not a Catholic but he saved the Little Sisters of the Poor from religious persecution. Obama tried to force them to provide contraception despite it being a mortal sin according to Christian teaching. Biden said he's undo Trump's action showing those Democrats consider their ideology so superior to Christian teaching that they'd punish Christians for not submitting to it. That's evil. It's even worse for Biden since he identifies as Catholic and is well aware of Catholic/Christian teaching. I like Trump because he's not a racist and respects all Americans. Democrat politicians are always trying to divide Americans based on race, gender, and class and turn Americans against each other. Trump's personal life is irrelevant to me.

He doesn't defend religious freedom though, in general. He has discriminated against muslims. It's good that he did that for the little Sisters of the Poor, they shouldn't have to pay for birth control if no one in their care is actually using it by nature of their beliefs, and doesn't want to use it, but that's a pretty small case in the grand scheme of his presidency and furthermore, it was a technicality...the idea of that mandate by Obamacare was to make sure that people who want and need birth control are covered, not to force people who don't want it in their organization for religious reasons to provide it etc. Churches should probably be exempt under religious freedom, agreed. And it worked out. So, whatever, big deal. Of course he actually had some decent deeds to his name, and Republicans love to point them out and ignore all he has done wrong. After all, he's the president and there are many other people who offer him opportunities to do good on their behalf, so that he will be popular and feel good about himself etc. But basically, he defends religious supremacy for Christians, that's all. Overall, he's a horrible leader. Have you heard about how he handled Coronavirus? He intentionally lied about its dangers, leading to thousands of lost lives, so as not to *create panic*. He was crooked during his campaign in how he got elected -- he wasn't even elected fairly. Now he talks about how he believes he should be entitled to a third term which is a total joke...and he's making it sound like even if he loses his second term, somehow automatically the election was rigged. Who wants a leader like that? I say...follow Trump at your own risk.