Roger Stone says trump should “declare martial law” to

Page 2 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 1:41 pm

If Americans want to lose their precious freedom and happily embrace fascism then who am I to stop them?

I'm tired of worrying about this stupid country. I'm tired of trying to convince the right wing sociopaths who cheer for Trump that they're making a big mistake. Everyone in this whole goddamn country can go to hell for all I care.

For now on I am focusing on ME. And maybe hopefully I can someday pack up and move to a better, safer, less narcissistic country while singing "I've got no strings to hold me down!" :D

Last edited by DeathEmperor413 on 13 Sep 2020, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Sep 2020, 1:51 pm

^I'm afraid some people don't always listen to reason - and certainly very few will listen to you or me. They don't even listen to high profile or well known people. Even if a voice came from a cloud, accompanied by trumpets, they probably wouldn't listen.

But fortunately there are still many decent, sensible Americans and many of them are standing together as one during your wildfire crisis.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Sep 2020, 2:14 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
The riots need to stop,this is 3 months now,maybe the LA riots and the Watt's riots were more violent but didn't last long.If this isn't a national emergency,what is?
Since the beginning of the unrest, I've been pointing to several simple de-escalation techniques - let people know their points have been heard and are to be adressed (or at least seriously considered), start an open debate about raised issues, focus only on the most harmful individuals and behaviors during interventions, set boundaries of acceptable protests... anti-government protests are part of local culture here, we've "domesticated" them and use them as a valid part of public debate. The point is to let protesters be heard but not let the protests descend into looting and violence. It works here.

The approach taken by US is completely different: Pepper spray everyone. When they get angry, call for using more force. Then even more force. Then even more force. Then to call national emergency to be able to use even more force.
And it works - not to make people more peaceful but to gain more votes for re-election. The worse the riots, the better Trump's polls.

Politics is an awful, dirty game.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 2:31 pm

magz wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
The riots need to stop,this is 3 months now,maybe the LA riots and the Watt's riots were more violent but didn't last long.If this isn't a national emergency,what is?
Since the beginning of the unrest, I've been pointing to several simple de-escalation techniques - let people know their points have been heard and are to be adressed (or at least seriously considered), start an open debate about raised issues, focus only on the most harmful individuals and behaviors during interventions, set boundaries of acceptable protests... anti-government protests are part of local culture here, we've "domesticated" them and use them as a valid part of public debate. The point is to let protesters be heard but not let the protests descend into looting and violence. It works here.

The approach taken by US is completely different: Pepper spray everyone. When they get angry, call for using more force. Then even more force. Then even more force. Then to call national emergency to be able to use even more force.
And it works - not to make people more peaceful but to gain more votes for re-election. The worse the riots, the better Trump's polls.

Politics is an awful, dirty game.

It's a dirty game for sure.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 3:51 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
A national emergency is an emergency that affects an entire nation (e.g., the Covid Crisis).  Those "riots" you refer to are in small areas of individual cities.

Heck, even the so-called "riots" in Los Angeles never even made it to the city limits.

Regardless, i find it odd that you favor President Trump declaring martial law ... I thought you hated bullies.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 3:57 pm

[quote="vermontsavant"][/quote]This post didn't go through so I deleted it

Last edited by vermontsavant on 13 Sep 2020, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:00 pm

... (something, something) ... give up essential liberty.. (something, something) ... a little safety... (something, something) ... deserve neither liberty nor safety...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:08 pm

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:11 pm

The right was already getting off quite pleased with on the idea of civil war but we're not allowed to confront them about it because it will bruise egos & hurt feelings instead of letting more innocent people die.

All so you can keep your guns & gossip.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:12 pm

So how many loyal generals does it take? Time will tell.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:30 pm

Way to go, pardoning the guy who validates petty feelings about attacking fellow citizens.

Super presidential man, extra leader-y.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:34 pm

A person would have to be NUTS if that person feels that martial law is a viable solution to the situation within a US context.

This Stone guy is totally off his rocker.

DeathEmperor413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
A person would have to be NUTS if that person feels that martial law is a viable solution to the situation within a US context.

This Stone guy is totally off his rocker.

It's even scarier that people are actually AGREEING with him.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 4:51 pm

Mass psychosis is not a joke when it's being artificially leveraged for political gain.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 5:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
A national emergency is an emergency that affects an entire nation (e.g., the Covid Crisis).  Those "riots" you refer to are in small areas of individual cities.

Heck, even the so-called "riots" in Los Angeles never even made it to the city limits.

Regardless, i find it odd that you favor President Trump declaring martial law ... I thought you hated bullies.
I don't know what happened to the other post.

If it stops the riots maybe it will work.
The governor of my state bought out the National Guard after the Kenosha shooting and guess what?No riots or property damage.

Maybe if they bring in the Army the rioters will go home without incident and no one will be harmed.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2020, 5:12 pm

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
A person would have to be NUTS if that person feels that martial law is a viable solution to the situation within a US context.  This Stone guy is totally off his rocker.
It's even scarier that people are actually AGREEING with him.
Not only are they agreeing with him, but they're trying to get others to agree with him too!

My wife was in the Philippines during the time martial law was in effect under the Marcos regime.  She has told me horror stories about the atrocities that I will not post here.  She also used to have a brother...