Are you going to vote in the US presidential election?

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Are you going to vote in the US presidential election?
Yes 69%  69%  [ 20 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 8 ]
Haven't decided yet 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 29

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Sep 2020, 12:13 pm

No.
But I appreciate this guy:
https://xkcd.com/2361/

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 12:24 pm

Yup. Voting for Trump.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 12:29 pm

None of anybody’s business who I’m voting for. I’m not all that thrilled with Biden. Never Trump!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 12:36 pm

Is there a meaningful distinction between "never Trump" and just regular "not Trump?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 12:47 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Is there a meaningful distinction between "never Trump" and just regular "not Trump?
I think "never Trump" is no Trump under any circumstance period even if a recently paroled murderer was the opponent.

"Not Trump" would be a more practical anti-Trump stance,I voted against Trump in the state republican primary but will vote orange in the national election because Biden is just rancid.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 12:53 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Biden is just rancid.
He is rancid, isn't he? But less rancid than Trump in my opinion. Might not vote for either of them!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 1:00 pm

If it was a choice between Trump and a recently-paroled murderer, I would vote third-party :)

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 1:28 pm

I can't really disagree with both of you.

But then again if there existed a third party candidate with a chance to win,he would likely already be ahead in the poles.
If there existed a third party candidate with a chance to win they would have won the presidency in 2016 already.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 1:39 pm

I'm not kidding myself that a 3rd party candidate has any shot whatsoever. Just don't think I can vote for Trump or Biden without making myself physically ill.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 1:45 pm

Steve1963 wrote:
I'm not kidding myself that a 3rd party candidate has any shot whatsoever. Just don't think I can vote for Trump or Biden without making myself physically ill.

I was once told that in

Reagan/Mondale 84
Mickey mouse write in's got 1% of the vote. :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 1:54 pm

Steve1963 wrote:

Well any vote against Biden, even if it is third party is basically a vote for Trump. Choosing Biden may mean next time you can choose someone you like better, choosing Trump means there may not be a next time.

At least that's what I think...I didn't want to vote for Biden either but Trump is to great of a threat not to. Though admittedly I've been paying more attention to Biden because may as well if I'm giving him my vote. And I find I am disliking him less.

But its just my opinion, I respect everyone's right to vote the way they choose.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 1:58 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well any vote against Biden, even if it is third party is basically a vote for Trump. Choosing Biden may mean next time you can choose someone you like better, choosing Trump means there may not be a next time.
Interesting, a Trump supporter told me that if I voted for a 3rd party candidate it's a vote for Biden. So if I do vote 3rd party, it counts as 3 votes!! ! One for Trump, one for Biden, and one for the person I actually vote for! :P

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 2:12 pm

Steve1963 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Interesting, a Trump supporter told me that if I voted for a 3rd party candidate it's a vote for Biden. So if I do vote 3rd party, it counts as 3 votes!! ! One for Trump, one for Biden, and one for the person I actually vote for! :P

hmm interesting, could even be third party votes won't sway this election that much one way or another.

But even so I feel it's necessary that Biden wins the election so I'm voting democrat this time. I took my chances voting for the green party last time and had I known how terrible the trump presidency was going to be I would have voted for Hillary.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 2:26 pm

If the third party is like the Green Party,then that hurts Biden.If the third party is Liberatarian or some right wing anti-government cult type party,then that takes away from Trump.

Like Perot really hurt Bush in 92 because Perot was basically a rogue conservative but stuff like the Green party hurt Clinton in 16.

I'm not the most informed politically but I have heard nothing of any competitive third parties this election,if anyone knows of one I would be earnestly curious.If a third party won't give the election to Biden,I'd consider it.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 2:53 pm

Yes. I'll be voting for President Trump in person.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 3:35 pm

If i lived in the US, i would vote for Biden. I think the democrats are more egalitarian than Republicans.
I think that health care is a human right. along with housing, basic living costs etc.

I also think introducing a profit share policy to be introduced to all businesses, so that all people get rewarded when then work hard, rather than just the owner (for example, amazon.com owner Jeff Bezo's has made a fortune and still pays a great deal of his staff minimum wage. This should be against the law. When a company makes loads of money, all the employee's should be rewarded).

Such a policy would not only make employees happy, but would also help promote economic circulation, prevent stagnation that cause economic crisis and recessions, as low income earners who get a boost in income from profit sharing, are likely to spend their money, and lots of people spending creates more income through profit! All has a knock on effect.