Kyle Rittenhouse included in heroes list in school

Page 1 of 15 [ 238 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 12:55 am

A teacher in Dallas, Texas is facing intense backlash after asking students to write an English essay about a modern-day “hero,” with accused Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse listed among the options.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7344293/kyle ... ssignment/

The list of heroes was a rather strange list including George Floyd, Cesar Chavez, Malcolm X and Gandhi were also on the list, though the English teacher misspelled two of the names. He wrote “Malcom X” and appeared to confuse Gandhi’s name, calling him “Mahatmas Gandhi,”

Rittenhouse is certainly a hero to the National Foundation for Gun Rights (NFGR) who have donated $50K toward his legal fees
https://www.foxnews.com/us/kenosha-shoo ... ghts-group

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2020, 1:43 am

Kyle Rittenhouse is a hero. He risked his life to defend family businesses and provide medical care to those wounded by violent criminals who were rioting, assaulting people, and setting buildings on fire. If he didn't bring a gun to defend himself, there's a good chance they would have murdered him.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 3:32 am

To be fair, "Mahatma" is a title, not a name.

And putting aside how you feel about the incident and everything surrounding it, in what sense is Floyd a hero?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 3:35 am

emotrtkey wrote:
Kyle Rittenhouse is a hero. He risked his life to defend family businesses and provide medical care to those wounded by violent criminals who were rioting, assaulting people, and setting buildings on fire. If he didn't bring a gun to defend himself, there's a good chance they would have murdered him.

If murderous vigilante terrorists are your heroes it's time to retune your moral compass.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

idntonkw
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2020, 4:30 am

The kid brought a gun hoping for a chance to use it.. ended up using it when he did not have to.. in the mayhem of a protest, it is easy to claim self defense, but people at protests do not start shooting each other even if someone shoves you or hits you.. in his case, he pointed a gun at someone and the guy started provoking him and pushed his gun.. he then killed that person and then two more people.. nobody actually attacked him and he had no injuries.. he probably did not even defend any particular business, he just wanted to walk around with a big gun in a mayhem of a protest inspired to protect civilized businesses against barbarians, when he was the dangerous barbarian thinking of himself as a noble defender.. even police don't shoot protesters with guns when they rob a business..

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 5:31 am

idntonkw wrote:
The kid brought a gun hoping for a chance to use it.. ended up using it when he did not have to.. in the mayhem of a protest, it is easy to claim self defense, but people at protests do not start shooting each other even if someone shoves you or hits you.. in his case, he pointed a gun at someone and the guy started provoking him and pushed his gun.. he then killed that person and then two more people.. nobody actually attacked him and he had no injuries.. he probably did not even defend any particular business, he just wanted to walk around with a big gun in a mayhem of a protest inspired to protect civilized businesses against barbarians, when he was the dangerous barbarian thinking of himself as a noble defender.. even police don't shoot protesters with guns when they rob a business..

Before becoming too attached to your incorrect assumptions, you probably should read the charging documents, particularly the "probable cause" section where it outlines what is known to have occurred...
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/journaltimes.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/6f/46ff33b7-0bd7-55e6-8f2f-9ded0582862f/5f4933274cde9.pdf.pdf

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 6:12 am

Kyle Rittenhouse, the most devious mass shooter in recent history. Knowing full well that first aid and putting out dumpster fires would provoke the peaceful protesters to immediately attempt to nonviolently restrain him, he brandished his fully semi-automatic assault-flavoured murdergun with a 300 round magazine clip and senselessly gunned down three paragons of pacifism in their valiant attempt to suggest he take up skateboarding instead.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 7:48 am

What exactly is the teacher's way of thinking here. I could see his argument about Kyle Rittenhouse if he stuck strictly to a list of people from modern day news events, but he included ghandi and Malcolm x, both of whom were dead long before the students parents were likely brought into the world.

Does anyone know if this assignment is part of drug education week at the school?

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 8:20 am

Maybe the teacher had planned another assignment called "Person involved in a difficult court case" and got the two lists of people mixed up.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 9:05 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
What exactly is the teacher's way of thinking here. I could see his argument about Kyle Rittenhouse if he stuck strictly to a list of people from modern day news events, but he included ghandi and Malcolm x, both of whom were dead long before the students parents were likely brought into the world.

Does anyone know if this assignment is part of drug education week at the school?

Hey kids, when you're on drugs you might think this is an appropriate assignment. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 9:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:

If murderous vigilante terrorists are your heroes it's time to retune your moral compass.

Your opinions on whom should be lined up & shot have been noted.

I don't really think you should even be tased for this because it's a free country you're dragging through the mud man.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you have any place saying this among polite company. Bye.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 9:21 pm

I think what's interesting is the weird acceptance that Rittenhouse could be considered in the same vein as "actual historic figures"

Chavez, Malcolm X, Gandhi actually had a reak impact on world history. You could also argue that George Floyd's murder also has had global repurcussions.

But Rittenhouse? really....

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 9:25 pm

Hatefully motivated violence really stands out in these people's minds. Mass shootings, vehicular homicides, bomb threats, racist killings, it's one unending snuff film feeding the fetishes of a psychopathic cult. It's never wrong to them, if one of them did it.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it to spare the feelings of Republicans, these are crimes against humanity plain & simple.

Bugger off fascists. :(

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 9:45 pm

cberg wrote:
It's never wrong to them, if one of them did it.

The silence around the Heather Heyer murder in Charlottesville a few years ago and the insistence that Antifa were somehow to blame for all the trouble speaks volumes

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 9:52 pm

It's no less base than people on the right wing wishing death upon all who oppose them.

They will tell you so to your face, smugly & with self-assurance that they're the civilized one protecting their keep.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 10:01 pm

Last edited by Jiheisho on 21 Sep 2020, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.