[ LONG ] Make America Great Again, just like it was in 1957.

Page 4 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 4:08 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Voicing criticism of America's worst tendencies and hoping America can live up to her potential isn't the same as 'hating everything about America'. This sort of dishonesty undermines whatever credibility your opinions might otherwise have.
What liberals call America's worst tendencies are things that make America great...
Racism?  Sexism?  Homophobia?  Are you saying that these things make America great?

I'm saying morality makes America great. I'd go into detail but the rules don't allow promoting morals because it might offend special protected groups of people.

If you're going to slander minorities 'morality' isn't what that's called. Freedom is great and it's even better when it isn't reserved for the majority with everyone else forced to cower and not risk upsetting the majority.

I'm talking about Christian morals that are also American values. Morality applies to everyone regardless of race since everyone was created by God.

You're entitled to believe in whatever gods you like, but you're not entitled to impose your religious views on others. America has never been a Christian nation and therefore Americans shouldn't have ever had to worry about theocrats using the state to impose their moral code on non-believers. No longer having discrimination against queer people written into the legal system represents a victory for freedom and a defeat for tyranny.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 4:09 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Voicing criticism of America's worst tendencies and hoping America can live up to her potential isn't the same as 'hating everything about America'. This sort of dishonesty undermines whatever credibility your opinions might otherwise have.
What liberals call America's worst tendencies are things that make America great...
Racism?  Sexism?  Homophobia?  Are you saying that these things make America great?
I'm saying morality makes America great. I'd go into detail but the rules don't allow promoting morals because it might offend special protected groups of people.
Please explain your personal "Morality".

Does it include:
• The right of any two people to enter into and enjoy a mixed-race relationship?
• The right of any non-white person to legally immigrate and become an American citizen?
• A woman's right to decide the reproductive status of her own body?
• A woman's right to be successful without a man in her life?
• The right for any woman, legal immigrant, non-white, or LGBTQ person to own a home, be employed, receive an education, lead a business, and be elected to a public office?
• The abolition of any law that discriminates on the basis of age, caste, height, weight, physical appearance, disability, family status, gender identity, gender expression, generation, genetic characteristics, marital status, nationality, profession, color, race/ethnicity, religion, sex and sex characteristics, sexual orientation, political ideology, and/or social class?

You have already offended a great many people, so why stop now?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 4:12 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
I'm talking about Christian morals that are also American values...
Does that include discrimination against anyone who is not a white Christian male?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 4:16 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
... America has never been a Christian nation and therefore Americans shouldn't have ever had to worry about theocrats using the state to impose their moral code on non-believers.  No longer having discrimination against queer people written into the legal system represents a victory for freedom and a defeat for tyranny.
While discrimination may have been stricken from the law books, it has not been stricken from the so-called "moral" codes of religious groups -- collectively, those churches, temples, and mosques that are the final refuge of racism and sexism hiding behind hypocrisy and false piety.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Sep 2020, 8:54 am

emotrtkey wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

What liberals call America's worst tendencies are things that make America great. When liberals try to change what the moral majority believes and valued for 200 years, they are attacking America. They're trying to turn our country into something she is not. Americans are fed up and won't allow it to happen any longer.

America belongs to Americans. We have every right, like many other countries in the world, to build a border wall 50 feet high and 50 feet deep along the entire southern border to keep non-Americans people out. Americans want another Operation [censored] like we had in 1954 as shown in the picture below so America will be for Americans.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

I would like to remind you that:
1. Mexicans are just as American as US citizens - Americas are two continents, not one country;
2. Apart from Indigenous Americans, the whole "American" nations are entirely made of immigrants and their descendants;
3. Calling for brutality against other ethnicities does not need to fit some narrow complexion-based definition of "race" to be an absolutely unacceptable form of racism.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2020, 11:32 am

Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Does it include:
• The right of any non-white person to legally immigrate and become an American citizen?

No one of any race has a right to immigrate to the US. It's a privilege and the US has the right to determine who is allowed to enter based on what's best for the US. Many countries require $100,000 in assets or $50,000 in yearly income (or similar standards) to keep poor people from immigrating and being a burden to society.

Quote:

Absolutely! God said to be fruitful and multiply. Every woman has the right to follow God's will to reproduce as long as she's married and reproducing with her husband.

Quote:

Yes. I believe women who are widows can cook and clean for the church, sew masks, make clothing, bake food for charities, and be successful helping other organizations.

Quote:
• The right for any woman, legal immigrant, non-white, or LGBTQ person to own a home, be employed, receive an education, lead a business, and be elected to a public office?

I believe people of both genders should be allowed to accept the gender roles given to them by God.

Quote:
• The abolition of any law that discriminates on the basis of age, caste, height, weight, physical appearance, disability, family status, gender identity, gender expression, generation, genetic characteristics, marital status, nationality, profession, color, race/ethnicity, religion, sex and sex characteristics, sexual orientation, political ideology, and/or social class?

What does any of that have to do with morality? Are you defining morality based on the humanist religion of liberal ideology? Some of those may be sins in the liberal religion but they aren't in Christianity.

Quote:

Preaching the gospel offends people but it's God's will and can save their souls so I won't stop loving my neighbors. That includes ALL of them including those in the liberal categories, real or imagined, that you mentioned above.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 12:27 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
Quote:

Absolutely! God said to be fruitful and multiply. Every woman has the right to follow God's will to reproduce as long as she's married and reproducing with her husband.

But not the right *not* to do so, I assume?

emotrtkey wrote:
Quote:

Yes. I believe women who are widows can cook and clean for the church, sew masks, make clothing, bake food for charities, and be successful helping other organizations.

But not do anything else? Like having their own job and career, for instance? Perhaps even (yikes!) having their own business?

emotrtkey wrote:
Quote:

I believe people of both genders should be allowed to accept the gender roles given to them by God.

Fnord wrote:

No need to worry about stopping, it would seem...

This thread apparently is no longer about the greatness of 1957... but 1457.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 12:46 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Wasn't 1457 the height of the "Holy" Inquisitional period?  You know ... witch trials ... pogroms against the Jews ... forced conversions ... et cetera?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Sep 2020, 12:54 pm

Fnord wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Wasn't 1457 the height of the "Holy" Inquisitional period?  You know ... witch trials ... pogroms against the Jews ... forced conversions ... et cetera?

Much more of what you describe happened later, in Renaissance, when the whole Europe was torn by religious unrest and people went even more crazy than usual.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 12:54 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Does it include:

No one of any race has a right to immigrate to the US. It's a privilege and the US has the right to determine who is allowed to enter based on what's best for the US. Many countries require $100,000 in assets or $50,000 in yearly income (or similar standards) to keep poor people from immigrating and being a burden to society.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What does any of that have to do with morality? Are you defining morality based on the humanist religion of liberal ideology? Some of those may be sins in the liberal religion but they aren't in Christianity.

Quote:

Preaching the gospel offends people but it's God's will and can save their souls so I won't stop loving my neighbors. That includes ALL of them including those in the liberal categories, real or imagined, that you mentioned above.

Considering You've Had Most All the Reasons explained
to You that 'these Opinions' are Both False And Unethical;
And Provided Appropriate Science That Backs That Up too;

True, Either You Are Wantonly and Willfully Revealing Continuing
Ignorance in Opinions or You Are Finely Illustrating Why Most All the
Churches in America Are Losing their 'Customers' in Droves to the Path
of Truth in Light
For Real instead
of the Same Old
Lies Told in Dark For Real;

i'm Not taking You 'Serious'; as i Never
Meet a So-Called Christian Now That actually
Believes All This Ignorance You are Relating;
At Least not Face to Face as it is utterly, Ethically, disgusting

In Terms of Humanity And Love That is Real And Still Agape and Altruistically Breathing Now...

In General; People Are Truly More Loving and not Nearly This Ignorant of Opinion

iN Science of LoVE iN ReaSoN True;

Other than THAT iN LiGHT
iN DarK Too, Yes,
Have A Nice
Day as
You Truly
Are Showing
Everything that
Disgusts Younger More
Educated Generations in
The Ways of Love For All Now...
i am so Happy That These Antiquated
Opinions are in their Last Grasp oF iGnorance
Now; take a Look at 'Trumps' And See 'The Wicked Witch
of the West' slowly Melting, Melting, With Water of Love Pouring
Over 'Those Lies'...

Honestly, Sadly
Both A Reflection
of 'His' So-called
OIder Moldy Truly
Evil Lying Ways of Church And State Same
As This Old Evil Tradition of 'The Churches'
Goes Away so Does all Measure of Trump-Like
Wickedness Melting away out of so-called 'Power' at least...

NoW

Looking at 'His' Frown today,
i could Hear a Faint Whispering
of i'm melting,
i'm melting,
Stop
Pouring
the Water
of Love and
Justice all over me...

Same Sound in Church
i hear from the Back Pew
As a Participant Anthropology
Observer and Traditional Court Reporter;
Just Watching And Writing the CuRRenT Human EPiC Story...

It's Kinda Interesting, indeed; Thanks Again For the
Dark Muse but You haven't fallen to 'Trump Level'

So

Good For You

on 'that count' at least...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Last edited by aghogday on 24 Sep 2020, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 12:55 pm

In Trump's world .. there are "Winners" and "Losers" ...

We're going back to 1957 to be WINNERS

Be the hero of your life.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 1:01 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
In Trump's world .. there are "Winners" and "Losers" ...

We're going back to 1957 to be WINNERS

Meh; All it takes
is one look in
Trump's Dead
Love Eyes
to See
He is
A Biggest
Loser oF all
iN Utter
FaiLuRE
in What Even
Humanity Means
NoW iN Balance And
Sure the Rest of Nature
too Other Wise Truly Named 'God'...

A MaNuFacTuReD ParT oF
A TooL That's All...

So Separate
So Sadly Lost...

i think there is a
Pretty Good Chance
that at Least His Son
May Come to Stand Taller
In Stature Over His Father's Way...

That's Good News at Least for Hope in His Family....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Last edited by aghogday on 24 Sep 2020, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Sep 2020, 1:05 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[color=black]Please explain your personal "Morality".

Does it include:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Before we proceed any further, could you please explain what - according to your morality - should be done to those who refuse to follow the rules above - like the examples provided by GGPViper?

emotrtkey wrote:
 ! magz wrote:
If your "preaching the Gospel" keeps being offensive enough, you will not be allowed to do in on WP any more.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 3:31 pm

WP is not a religious site. Religion can be debated on this thread, though repetitive prosetylising based on your own personal beliefs is not debate, not support, and never ends well here.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2020, 3:42 pm

GGPViper wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Quote:

I believe women have that right too. I wouldn't force any woman to get married if she doesn't want children.

GGPViper wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Quote:

But not do anything else? Like having their own job and career, for instance? Perhaps even (yikes!) having their own business?

I believe in traditional gender roles followed by most people for thousands of years before the radical left started preaching their liberal ideology.

GGPViper wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Quote:

I believe government should establish laws based on what's right and moral. I believe those who break the law should face the consequences. I don't think anyone has a right to harm anyone else.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2020, 3:50 pm

magz wrote:
Before we proceed any further, could you please explain what - according to your morality - should be done to those who refuse to follow the rules above - like the examples provided by GGPViper?

I don't have my own morality. I simply follow Christian teaching. If you want to know what I and other Christians believe, you can read about it here - http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM

magz wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
If your "preaching the Gospel" keeps being offensive enough, you will not be allowed to do in on WP any more.

I find a large number of posts on this site to be offensive but I guess that's allowed since they're promoting the forum owner's liberal ideology, right? It seems like it's against the rules to offend liberals but perfectly acceptable to offend conservatives. I can't stand intolerance so your threat may not be very effective. I think I'd probably be better off finding a site that tolerates people who disagree with their opinions.