[ LONG ] Make America Great Again, just like it was in 1957.

Page 2 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 11:39 am

emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A vote for Trump is a vote for racism, sexism, and reversion to a white male dominated society.
A vote for Biden is a vote for racism (black privilege and Affirmative Action), sexism (denying men's rights), and a society dominated by people chosen based on their gender or skin color.  A vote for Trump is a vote for racial equality (everyone is treated equally regardless of race), gender equality (restoring God-given gender roles to both genders), and a color blind society where people are chosen based on merit and being the best person for the job.
Don't spit in my face and call it rain.
Don't spit on America and call yourself an American.
I don't know where you are from, but our Constitution allows for the freedom to question and criticize both America AND it's leadership.  Deal with it.
emotrtkey wrote:
Are you aware that most of what you wrote about America in 1957 was also true about America during almost the entire history of America from when the nation was founded up until 50 years ago when people started rejecting God?
Wise up.  Our Founding Fathers included in the First Amendment the separation of Church and State.  People have been rejecting God since this country was founded over 240 years ago.
emotrtkey wrote:
Patriotic Americans want America to go back to the way things always were before radical liberals replaced God with their radical ideology.
This "Radical Ideology" of which you speak rejects racism, sexism, and fascist imperialism.
emotrtkey wrote:
That's why patriots wave the American flag proudly while terrorists spit on it and set it on fire to show their hatred of America.
Those of us who are smart Patriots wave our flags where terrorists cannot reach them.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 12:00 pm

I just found a couple of photos... all *from* 1957...

ImageImageImageImage

An another (undated - but I found a version of it with the year 1959 in it):

The Jesus figure in the window is a really nice touch, btw... It adds class and sophistication, doesn't it?

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 12:21 pm

Interesting post and yep, i agree with Fnord in that i do not want to turn back time so that all the progress for various factions of human rights are lost.

It is hard to tell what President Trump means with his slogan "make American Great again",
although, if past events in history are anything to go by, the use of such a slogan is worrying.

The reason why I say this, is because Hitler also used a very similar slogan and strategy to gain the people's
vote, "make Germany Great again!".

A strategy that President Trump will surely have been aware of, and if not, his chief advisor and strategic advisor Steve Bannon was definitely aware of. (Steve Bannon, self taught self styled military and strategic advisor to President Trump and CEO of controversial company Cambridge Analytica).

One book that you may find interesting, is "The Bubble of American Supremacy" by George Soro's, which explains some of the problem that we are encountering in at the moment. Interesting read.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 12:27 pm

And then "Jesus And Mary" Came;
Yes, "Elvis Presley and Marilyn
Monroe"
Saving
The World
From Just 'Know'...
Just No And More NO!
Go Away 50's And Never
Ever Come BacK Now Shed
All Those CuLTuRaL Clothes
Keeping uS iN PriSoN Then YucK
Of Labels And Categories ColD... God YeS NoW
Breathing Free As Naked Winds Dance And Sing...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 2:41 pm

The 3 main take-aways on any truthful study of America in the 1950s are:

1) LGBTQ types lived under the Tyranny of Heterosexuals.  In the 1950s, your family could still involuntarily have you committed, so few gays wanted to risk "Coming Out of The Closet" for fear of entering an insane asylum.  Before the American Psychiatric Association (APA) declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973, aversion therapy was used routinely in hopes that it would prevent or eliminate homosexual behaviors.

2) Blacks lived under the Tyranny of Whites.  "Separate but Equal" has always been a flawed concept -- the "Equal" never measured up to the "Separate".  The schools that black youths attended were often poorly run and failing apart.  The health care black citizens received was often way below the standard offered in white areas.  The infant mortality rate in central Harlem was three times higher than that of white areas.  Black unemployment was more than double that of whites, and when they could find jobs, blacks earned half of what white workers earned.

3) Women lived under the Tyranny of Men.  Working women were paid much less than men and were largely regarded as submissive and inferior beings who were wholly defined in reference to their husbands and their husband's jobs.  Just 1.2 percent of women went to college in the 1950s; and, throughout the decade, the joke was that they were there to get their "MRS" degree - that they only went to college to find husbands.

This is the state that some people consider "Ordained by G^D" and to which they want to return -- such people have probably never really studied their Bibles, but only picked and chosen those parts that seem to support their homophobic, racist, and sexist ideology.

Straight, white males ruled 1950s America; and while they still do (mostly), they are finding their "privilege" of abuse and exploitation toward LGBTQs, non-whites, and women is being steadily diminished -- at least in public -- and they seem ill-equipped to deal with the concepts of "equality", "fairness", and "equal justice under the law".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 2:53 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Interesting post and yep, i agree with Fnord in that i do not want to turn back time so that all the progress for various factions of human rights are lost.

It is hard to tell what President Trump means with his slogan "make American Great again",
although, if past events in history are anything to go by, the use of such a slogan is worrying.

The reason why I say this, is because Hitler also used a very similar slogan and strategy to gain the people's
vote, "make Germany Great again!".

A strategy that President Trump will surely have been aware of, and if not, his chief advisor and strategic advisor Steve Bannon was definitely aware of. (Steve Bannon, self taught self styled military and strategic advisor to President Trump and CEO of controversial company Cambridge Analytica).

One book that you may find interesting, is "The Bubble of American Supremacy" by George Soro's, which explains some of the problem that we are encountering in at the moment. Interesting read.

Hence why he has been called a Nazi and compared to Hitler. So many similarities between them.

He said he wanted to Make America Great Again, I have never seen it happen and I have only seen things get worse. Now I know his way of making things great again is bring back the 1950's, reverse human rights, bring back more racism and open hate, just as my online friend said, his way of making American great again is bringing it back to the 1950's. This is why our country is in trouble and so split now. And it's scary that people endorse this and I see a member here even admitting to this. 8O

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 2:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
The 3 main take-aways on any truthful study of America in the 1950s are:

1) LGBTQ types lived under the Tyranny of Heterosexuals.  In the 1950s, your family could still involuntarily have you committed, so few gays wanted to risk "Coming Out of The Closet" for fear of entering an insane asylum.  Before the American Psychiatric Association (APA) declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder in 1973, aversion therapy was used routinely in hopes that it would prevent or eliminate homosexual behaviors.

2) Blacks lived under the Tyranny of Whites.  "Separate but Equal" has always been a flawed concept -- the "Equal" never measured up to the "Separate".  The schools that black youths attended were often poorly run and failing apart.  The health care black citizens received was often way below the standard offered in white areas.  The infant mortality rate in central Harlem was three times higher than that of white areas.  Black unemployment was more than double that of whites, and when they could find jobs, blacks earned half of what white workers earned.

3) Women lived under the Tyranny of Men.  Working women were paid much less than men and were largely regarded as submissive and inferior beings who were wholly defined in reference to their husbands and their husband's jobs.  Just 1.2 percent of women went to college in the 1950s; and, throughout the decade, the joke was that they were there to get their "MRS" degree - that they only went to college to find husbands.

This is the state that some people consider "Ordained by G^D" and to which they want to return -- such people have probably never really studied their Bibles, but only picked and chosen those parts that seem to support their homophobic, racist, and sexist ideology.

Straight, white males ruled 1950s America; and while they still do (mostly), they are finding their "privilege" of abuse and exploitation toward LGBTQs, non-whites, and women is being steadily diminished -- at least in public -- and they seem ill-equipped to deal with the concepts of "equality", "fairness", and "equal justice under the law".

In the 1950's, homosexuality was confused with pedophilia.

Older men preying on underage teen boys.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 3:04 pm

League_Girl wrote:
madbutnotmad wrote:
Interesting post and yep, i agree with Fnord in that i do not want to turn back time so that all the progress for various factions of human rights are lost.  It is hard to tell what President Trump means with his slogan "make American Great again", although, if past events in history are anything to go by, the use of such a slogan is worrying.  The reason why I say this, is because Hitler also used a very similar slogan and strategy to gain the people's vote, "make Germany Great again!".  A strategy that President Trump will surely have been aware of, and if not, his chief advisor and strategic advisor Steve Bannon was definitely aware of (Steve Bannon, self taught self styled military and strategic advisor to President Trump and CEO of controversial company Cambridge Analytica).  One book that you may find interesting, is "The Bubble of American Supremacy" by George Soro's, which explains some of the problem that we are encountering in at the moment. Interesting read.
Hence why he has been called a Nazi and compared to Hitler. So many similarities between them.  He said he wanted to Make America Great Again, I have never seen it happen and I have only seen things get worse.  Now I know his way of making things great again is bring back the 1950's, reverse human rights, bring back more racism and open hate, just as my online friend said, his way of making American great again is bringing it back to the 1950's.  This is why our country is in trouble and so split now.  And it's scary that people endorse this and I see a member here even admitting to this.
I suspect that member of being a troll, since the Light of Truth seems to drive him away ... or at least silence him.

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2020, 3:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A vote for Trump is a vote for racism, sexism, and reversion to a white male dominated society.
A vote for Biden is a vote for racism (black privilege and Affirmative Action), sexism (denying men's rights), and a society dominated by people chosen based on their gender or skin color.  A vote for Trump is a vote for racial equality (everyone is treated equally regardless of race), gender equality (restoring God-given gender roles to both genders), and a color blind society where people are chosen based on merit and being the best person for the job.
I don't know where you are from, but our Constitution allows for the freedom to question and criticize both America AND it's leadership.  Deal with it.
emotrtkey wrote:
Are you aware that most of what you wrote about America in 1957 was also true about America during almost the entire history of America from when the nation was founded up until 50 years ago when people started rejecting God?
Wise up.  Our Founding Fathers included in the First Amendment the separation of Church and State.  People have been rejecting God since this country was founded over 240 years ago.
emotrtkey wrote:
Patriotic Americans want America to go back to the way things always were before radical liberals replaced God with their radical ideology.
This "Radical Ideology" of which you speak rejects racism, sexism, and fascist imperialism.
emotrtkey wrote:
That's why patriots wave the American flag proudly while terrorists spit on it and set it on fire to show their hatred of America.
Those of us who are smart Patriots wave our flags where terrorists cannot reach them.

I think people who hate everything about America and our 200 year history before liberalism started infecting people in greater numbers since 1964 should move to another country like Venezuela or Cuba.

Don't worry about my flag. You may be able to see it but I guarantee you won't be able to reach it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 3:11 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
Fnord wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:

I think people who hate everything about America and our 200 year history before liberalism started infecting people in greater numbers since 1964 should move to another country like Venezuela or Cuba.

Don't worry about my flag. You may be able to see it but I guarantee you won't be able to reach it.

Voicing criticism of America's worst tendencies and hoping America can live up to her potential isn't the same as 'hating everything about America'. This sort of dishonesty undermines whatever credibility your opinions might otherwise have.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 3:17 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
I think people who hate everything about America and our 200 year history before liberalism started infecting people in greater numbers since 1964 should move to another country like Venezuela or Cuba.  Don't worry about my flag.  You may be able to see it but I guarantee you won't be able to reach it.
Voicing criticism of America's worst tendencies and hoping America can live up to her potential isn't the same as 'hating everything about America'.  This sort of dishonesty undermines whatever credibility your opinions might otherwise have.
WHAT credibility?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 3:21 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
I think people who hate everything about America and our 200 year history before liberalism started infecting people in greater numbers since 1964 should move to another country like Venezuela or Cuba.  Don't worry about my flag.  You may be able to see it but I guarantee you won't be able to reach it.
Voicing criticism of America's worst tendencies and hoping America can live up to her potential isn't the same as 'hating everything about America'.  This sort of dishonesty undermines whatever credibility your opinions might otherwise have.
WHAT credibility?

The same credibility every poster who doesn't spew guano has. Sadly, the more guano one posts, the less credibility one will possess.

That said, I'm not directly commenting on whether or not any given poster has any credibility left in their account. You can probably guess whether or not I agree with you. :wink:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2020, 3:23 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Voicing criticism of America's worst tendencies and hoping America can live up to her potential isn't the same as 'hating everything about America'. This sort of dishonesty undermines whatever credibility your opinions might otherwise have.

What liberals call America's worst tendencies are things that make America great. When liberals try to change what the moral majority believes and valued for 200 years, they are attacking America. They're trying to turn our country into something she is not. Americans are fed up and won't allow it to happen any longer.

America belongs to Americans. We have every right, like many other countries in the world, to build a border wall 50 feet high and 50 feet deep along the entire southern border to keep non-Americans people out. Americans want another Operation [censored] like we had in 1954 as shown in the picture below so America will be for Americans.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 3:25 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
emotrtkey wrote:
WHAT credibility?
The same credibility every poster who doesn't spew guano has. Sadly, the more guano one posts, the less credibility one will possess.  That said, I'm not directly commenting on whether or not any given poster has any credibility left in their account.  You can probably guess whether or not I agree with you.
No worries!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 3:26 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
What liberals call America's worst tendencies are things that make America great...
Racism?  Sexism?  Homophobia?  Are you saying that these things make America great?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 3:28 pm

emotrtkey wrote:
... America belongs to Americans...
Define what makes an American an American.