Page 5 of 19 [ 294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 2:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
i just read that he restricted polling places in blue districts.

That’s Abbott for you.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 2:50 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i just read that he restricted polling places in blue districts.

That’s Abbott for you.

when i was stationed there, i felt a distinct unwelcome vibe. so i was glad when uncle sam moved me to DC.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 4:57 am

I'm afraid he doesn't have to pay sheeple to schill for him anymore.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 5:12 am

cberg wrote:
I'm afraid he doesn't have to pay sheeple to schill for him anymore.

to quote from LBJ - “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.” he said this in the early 60s, and NOTHING has changed since then.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 6:27 am

Donald Trump is like many dickheads I grew up with. My mother had a boyfriend who acted just like Trump in many ways.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2020, 11:33 am

I'm more afraid of big government agencies taking away more and more of my Constitutional freedoms. The US government terrifies me. Although I support most of Trump's ideas, and am very much right-wing, there is no political party that is a 100% match for my views. Anyway, there's no point in being "afraid" of the president anyway, in my opinion, because Congress severely limits their power. There is little a president can do on his/her own.

Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2020, 11:39 am

Juliette wrote:
^^^ Very true!

Article on those who refuse to wear face mask...

Excerpt: Results from the study suggested those who ignore social distancing rules were more likely to have the condition sociopathy, which often makes it difficult for people to understand the feelings of others.

Professor Miguel said: “Our findings indicated that antisocial traits, especially lower levels of empathy and higher levels of callousness, deceitfulness and risk-taking, are directly associated with lower compliance with containment measures.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/refusing-to-wear-face-mask-could-be-sign-of-sociopath-study-a4538456.html

OK peeps, guess I'm a sociopath too in addition to my multiple other diagnoses :lol: :P :twisted:
I'm a proud sociopathic deplorable autistic crazy cat lady :lol:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 12:02 pm

Gambling other's lives indiscriminately instead of covering your face actually strikes me as more dangerous than sociopathy, but maybe the effects are the same if they don't die.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

08 Oct 2020, 12:23 pm

I am concerned about what he would do if re-elected, not afraid of the man. He is weak in mind and body. He is a hulking mass of wasted flesh. I do not wish harm beset him, but would welcome if God rendered him deaf and mute.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 12:36 pm

Be the hero of your life.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 10:38 pm

I am not afraid of koala bears. Not in the sense that I worry about being bodily attacked by one. But if a koala bear were sitting at the cockpit of the airliner I was in I would be afraid. Thats the way that I am afraid of Trump.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 11:33 pm

cberg wrote:
Gambling other's lives indiscriminately instead of covering your face actually strikes me as more dangerous than sociopathy, but maybe the effects are the same if they don't die.

sociopaths are known for lacking a restraining fear or caution.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Oct 2020, 4:35 am

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
I'm more afraid of big government agencies taking away more and more of my Constitutional freedoms. The US government terrifies me. Although I support most of Trump's ideas, and am very much right-wing, there is no political party that is a 100% match for my views. Anyway, there's no point in being "afraid" of the president anyway, in my opinion, because Congress severely limits their power. There is little a president can do on his/her own.
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
OK peeps, guess I'm a sociopath too in addition to my multiple other diagnoses :lol: :P :twisted:
The republican party will excitedly blindly follow Trump off a cliff without hesitation. The republicans have control of the Senate & they had control of the House till after the 2018 midterm elections so Congress barely does anything at all that limits Trump's power.
However like you I am very concerned about constitutional freedoms being taken away & would also be considered a sociopath. They had said from the beginning that the best way to protect yourself & others is to practice social distancing. Stay 6 feet apart, sneeze & cough into your elbow, & don't touch your face. I fail to understand how wearing a mask would make any difference if you are staying over 6 feet away from others, you are not coughing or sneezing, & you are not touching your face. Some people have problems wearing masks due to breathing problems like asthma &/or anxiety issues like claustrophobia. Asthma can sometimes cause people to cough & as a result some people are more likely to cough when wearing a mask. It is one thing for an employer to require that their employees wear masks or for a business to require that their customers wear masks; But it is another to expect that everybody wears a mask whenever they go outside. If you are not sneezing or coughing & you are keeping over 6 feet apart, it should not matter to others if you wear a mask when walking outside. The left is extremely quick to accuse anybody who doesn't wear a mask when out of being inconsiderate at best & being a sociopath at worst. The left is being extremely inconsiderate & somewhat hateful by accusing others without knowing their circumstances. Perhaps the person is not wearing a mask when walking to the store because they might have an asthma attack & that person is practicing social distancing during their walk & would put a mask on before going in the store. I also find it extremely hypocritical that the left went out & protested in support of Black Lives Matter when the left was extremely quick to accuses Trump supporters of spreading the virus when the Trump supporters protested against the government shutdown. For the record I support BLM & think racism is a major problem in our country but How can Trump supporters automatically immediately spread the virus when they protest but the left is completely incapable of spreading the virus when they go out & protest :? I really wish both sides would hold themselves to their own standards for each other.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2020, 9:27 am

nick007 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
The republican party will excitedly blindly follow Trump off a cliff without hesitation.

I agree, but I do not "blindly" follow anyone. I am very educated and know full well what I am doing. If I am a sociopath, fine. I'm proud to be one. If I want to ignore what others call "caution" (which seems to me simply paranoia and political games) that's my choice. I ALWAYS question authority. If it seems to make sense and doesn't inconvenience me, I will follow it. If not, I don't. It seems many of you would blindly follow the government, the CDC, the liberal media, and their BS "science" off a cliff too. If the CDC came out and said something ridiculous like "aliens are reading our thoughts and we recommend everyone wrap their head in tin foil" you would probably all run out and buy it :lol: Talk about sheep!! ! Baa, baa, baa.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2020, 9:29 am

I've been known to pick stuff up off the floor and eat it just to freak out germaphobes :lol: . I find it hilarious. And strangely enough, I rarely ever get sick :?

Last edited by AspiePrincess611 on 09 Oct 2020, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2020, 9:41 am

I really wish someone would explain to me how my wearing a mask protects others who are at risk (assuming the others involved are wearing masks). I am working on a graduate degree in the sciences, and no one has yet shown me any convincing scientific explanation as to how this works. If a person has a virus, and is not wearing a mask, how will the virus get through the mask of a person sitting next to them? I know there are N95 masks that are supposed to be the most protective. It just makes no logical sense. If I don't care about getting the virus, and don't wear a mask, how does that threaten others who are wearing masks? Is there some mechanism by which the virus cannot exit a mask but can enter one? That seems more like magic than science. I wish a biologist or a doctor could explain this. I have a friend who is a microbiologist and this makes no sense to him either.