Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RadioDog
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2020, 11:45 pm

If you are Christian (and therefore have one form or another of belief in the Christian Bible and Bible prophecy), do you see all the events now occurring as marking (even if somewhat hazily) the beginning of the Great Tribulation?

Jesus said there would be wars, etc., but they were just the "birth pangs" leading up to the really bad time.

Do you believe we may be at (before? after?) the very start of that really bad time?

"Autism isn't an illness but it's a condition that messes with our ability to have our psychological needs met." - DuckHairback on this site.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 9:24 am

I'm ready to die,I don't care,I could die tommorow and not give a s**t.

I'm more of an old testament scholar,I'm don't know much about this tribulation,rapture s**t.
I don't believe Yeshua was Mashiach or new testament propaganda.

Hey bring it on I'm good with the world ending I don't care.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 9:28 am

I believe we might be at the start of a bad era, but I don't believe it has anything to do with biblical prophecies or any other form of superstition.

Clearly it's because the Great Old Ones have begun to stir.

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 9:42 am

Don't do anything about climate change - These are the End Times.

Don't do anything about social injustice - Good Deeds will not save you, only Faith.

Don't do anything about the coronavirus - It is part of the Great Tribulation.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 9:53 am

Over the decades, I have heard many people describe signs that the hour is at hand. But in general, they have been wrong.

Matthew 24:42-44 reads:
"Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. For this reason you be ready too; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will."

The belief that "the end was near" has stretched back many years.

France experienced a great famine in the year 1000 A.D. The cause was rather unusual. The year 1000 was a time of extraordinary suffering, for the whole country was seized with a panic, fearing that the world would come to an end during this the millennial year. Thousands went on pilgrimages, deserting their homes and their fields and obstructing the whole normal course of their existence. Since the fields were left unplowed and unplanted and since the world did not come to an end, starvation set in.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 10:12 am

Oh absolutely!

There is stuff happening now that are sure signs that 2020 is the beginning of the end times.

Those signs being...the small old crap thats happened to the human race EVERY year for the last 2000 years!

The same-old-same-old means the world is just now.... ENDING!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 10:54 am

We have been in the midst of the Biblical "End Times" since the first century A.D., and someone from every generation has prophesied the "Last Days" as already being upon us since about 2800 B.C., when an Assyrian clay tablet was engraved with the words "Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common."  This is one of the earliest examples of the perception of moral decay in society being interpreted as a sign of the imminent end.

So, yeah ... okay ... sure ... we're all about to die horribly ... what else is new?

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 1:55 pm

It's Worth Noting that 'the Bible' (TM)
is Written Over Thousands of Years
by Innumerable Ghost Authors; Many
Greek Writing Romans; Scribes Across
Centuries Making Copying Mistakes and
Intentional Changes by Hand; What
Remains is Our Humanity Now;
Our Human Nature
As Classically
Evolved
That Hasn't
Changed Much For Thousands
of Years; but What Does Change
Continuously in Co-Creation is All the Cultural
Tools And Other Words That Become our Clothes;
Yes, It's Safe to Say We've had Great Tribulations AS
Humanity And Cultures So Different In Past/Future/Now
to Come Again/Go As Heroes And Villains And those Who
Follow Either
Or Or Both
Reap
What
We All
Sow, Hand-
In Hand; My 'Only'
Suggestion, is to Write
A 'New Poem' otherwise
Life Gets Trapped in a 'Book';
Better Yet, Just Dance And Sing
Free As A Bird On A Wing For they
Are surely Flying Free 'Right' Over All THiS HuMaN
CR8P, Still 'Left' Over now; Other than THaT, The Science
of Language Shows All Human Words Are Metaphors For
Essence We Believe And Understand Mutually And Consensually to exist;
There are Unlimited
Views of All Words
That Come And Go;
to Set them in Concrete
And Call them a one way
Road is Like Pretending Human Beings
And Flowers Never Change Colors Now;
But Go Ahead, Whatever one Will Color

Differently or not next...:)

THere Ain't No 'Tribulation'
in my Back-Yard except
For the Occasional Scuffle
Among Squirrels, Fighting for
SunFlower Seeds We Provide;
Quiet Frankly, If they Weren't
Getting their Seeds on Our 'Dole',
hehe, they'd Probably Be Getting along
Together Better And Not Populating Our

Neighborhood more...

A Greatest Tribulation
Humans Make continually
now is the Domestication of all
That is Wild And Free in Balance Now...

Indeed, We 'Squirrels' Still Reap what We Sow..:)

Get Out of Balance With Nature, And Pay the Price of that 'Disorder'
NDD Nature Deficit Disorder; Truly GDD God Deficit Disorder Same;

Folks who
Wanna
Dominate
What Feeds
them Freely;
Will Never Understand
'Their True
Place'

Hint:
Just
Nature
in or out
of Balance now..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 9:28 pm

My read of Revelations when I was trying to figure it out:
- most of it's about Rome surrounding and sacking Jerusalem between 66 and 70 AD.
- there was a millenial reign of Christ, roughly between Nicea and the Black Plague.
- if you'd say we're in anything (or that Revelation is anything to go by) it would be the last temptation before the big golden cube drops.

My guess - James Lovelock's prophecies are probably closer to where things are going.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 9:54 pm

Ezekiel and Job seemed to have the most sensible advice of all the biblical prophets.
Job 32:9 "Great men are not always wise; neither do the aged understand judgment".

Job certainly describes the world we live in now where (to quote an Alan Parson's Project song)
We follow the pilgrims to the Temple of the dawn
But the altar's empty and the sacrifice is gone
We let the Madmen write the golden rules
We are no more than mortal fools

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2020, 2:35 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
My read of Revelations when I was trying to figure it out:
- most of it's about Rome surrounding and sacking Jerusalem between 66 and 70 AD.
- there was a millenial reign of Christ, roughly between Nicea and the Black Plague.
- if you'd say we're in anything (or that Revelation is anything to go by) it would be the last temptation before the big golden cube drops.

My guess - James Lovelock's prophecies are probably closer to where things are going.
The 666 in revelation is the numerical value of a man in Hebrew numbers.Neron Kaisar or better known as Nero Cesar has the numerical value of 666

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2020, 8:48 am

vermontsavant wrote:
The 666 in revelation is the numerical value of a man in Hebrew numbers.Neron Kaisar or better known as Nero Cesar has the numerical value of 666[/quote]
That is part of it.

The way I see it - it's just like a bigger version of the visions in Daniel (loaded with many of the same astronomic numbers - 3, 7,10, 12, etc.) but likely meant to collate a grand vision of Christianity's early years as a persisting religion.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 9:11 am

I do believe it’s the birth pangs. But going with that analogy, I’ll say this. Recently my wife gave birth, which she can only do through a section. Going into labor was just not an option. About two weeks she started having contractions, long contractions that were close together. Not-baby-is-imminent close, but close enough. We were thinking we’d go to the hospital and have a baby sometime over the weekend after this all started on a Thursday. We woke up on Sunday morning and the contractions were GONE. Just...gone, and we had to wait another week and a half when we were scheduled for surgery anyway.

Thing is, Braxton-Hicks contractions can go for months and can fool women who have given birth before. Just because we might be in the birth pangs of the end times doesn’t mean tomorrow is really the last day before the tribulation. The world since Dubya Bush is remarkably peaceful. Not perfect, and violence seems rampant in the US if you believe the media, but at least nobody is getting nuked. This is just a birth pang, same as the H1N1 pandemic of 1918, the Black Plague of the Middle Ages, the fall of Rome, and two World Wars. We might be led to believe that we’re there, but we’re not. Maps got redrawn, entire nations and empires appeared and vanished, millions or even billions of people died as a result of one cataclysm or another, but we’re still on this hot ball of dirt.

If all these things are just the birth pains, I really hope I’m not here when the real thing hits! I think I can safely say we are nowhere near actual Tribulation-level yet.

However, I also think that this event along with the other events I mentioned are glimpses into what the coming Tribulation age will actually look like. We’re experiencing what life will be like then, but it’s only temporary. And, honestly, this really isn’t that bad. I’ve gotten to know several COVID survivors over the last few weeks, and they have barely had any symptoms at all other than a slight fever for a day or two. COVID is nothing more than a bad cold that happened to cause severe responses from a tiny handful of infected people compared to how many people have gotten it overall. I’ve frequently gotten colds and sinus infections in the past, severe ones, and have been strangely healthier this year than ever before. Everyone is eventually going to get this thing before this is over with, and looking back we’re all gonna see how absurdly we behaved through it all.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 8:28 pm

AngelRho wrote:
I do believe it’s the birth pangs. But going with that analogy, I’ll say this. Recently my wife gave birth, which she can only do through a section. Going into labor was just not an option. About two weeks she started having contractions, long contractions that were close together. Not-baby-is-imminent close, but close enough. We were thinking we’d go to the hospital and have a baby sometime over the weekend after this all started on a Thursday. We woke up on Sunday morning and the contractions were GONE. Just...gone, and we had to wait another week and a half when we were scheduled for surgery anyway.

Thing is, Braxton-Hicks contractions can go for months and can fool women who have given birth before. Just because we might be in the birth pangs of the end times doesn’t mean tomorrow is really the last day before the tribulation. The world since Dubya Bush is remarkably peaceful. Not perfect, and violence seems rampant in the US if you believe the media, but at least nobody is getting nuked. This is just a birth pang, same as the H1N1 pandemic of 1918, the Black Plague of the Middle Ages, the fall of Rome, and two World Wars. We might be led to believe that we’re there, but we’re not. Maps got redrawn, entire nations and empires appeared and vanished, millions or even billions of people died as a result of one cataclysm or another, but we’re still on this hot ball of dirt.

If all these things are just the birth pains, I really hope I’m not here when the real thing hits! I think I can safely say we are nowhere near actual Tribulation-level yet.

However, I also think that this event along with the other events I mentioned are glimpses into what the coming Tribulation age will actually look like. We’re experiencing what life will be like then, but it’s only temporary. And, honestly, this really isn’t that bad. I’ve gotten to know several COVID survivors over the last few weeks, and they have barely had any symptoms at all other than a slight fever for a day or two. COVID is nothing more than a bad cold that happened to cause severe responses from a tiny handful of infected people compared to how many people have gotten it overall. I’ve frequently gotten colds and sinus infections in the past, severe ones, and have been strangely healthier this year than ever before. Everyone is eventually going to get this thing before this is over with, and looking back we’re all gonna see how absurdly we behaved through it all.

True, We Can Look At the Pandemic Now in Asian
Countries And See How Absurdly The Current Leadership
of The United States Has acted by Refusing to Act on the Science
of What Works to Control the Virus in Total Ignorance, Just total Ignorance

of Kicking the
Virus Butt with
Masks Number 1,
And Contact Tracing that
Works; With Appropriate Social
Distancing as this Baby is Air-Born
And Even the Trumpeter Admits it is
5 Times More Deadly Behind Closed Doors
As No Duh; 214,000 Plus Folks Are Dead, Dead, Dead
in Just the Last 6 Months or So with Hundreds of Thousands
More Coming Unless Ignorance Changes to something much Greater

Like Frigging
Common Sense
With Administrations
that Move With Science
Instead of Just Plain Ignorance...

What really Gives the Duh Moment
is the Priest Talking to the Two Front
Rows Unmasked as the Church is too much
of a Wimp in Leadership to Require folks to
Respect the Sanctity of Breathing Life now by Actually Frigging
Saving Potentially Loved Ones Closest Sitting in Church Unmasked in those Front Rows now...

Anyway there is A Record
of What Really Happened
Here in Terms of Science
That Will Last For Liberal
Administrations to come that at least
Have Some Common Basic Humanity
in Smarts not only to Save Each other
but make An Economy a Safe one to truly operate now.

But Again, i Refer You To Asian Countries, if You Don't Believe in Science too....

Facts are Facts

Facts

Save Lives;

Ignorance,

Ignorance,

Kills Breathing Life Now

With no Respect for the
Sanctity of Breathing Life AT ALL NOW FOR REAL.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2020, 2:13 am

I'm a Lutheran, a mainline Protestant. I don't believe in the tribulation stuff that evangelicals make the center of their theology. Most of Revelations has already happened, back in the early days of the 1st century church.

Ashleylambley88
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2020, 5:11 pm

I'm a Christian I have been through many tribulations this year it all started when I qas diagnosed with diverticular disease in February, ASD this year too which I already knew about, osteoarthritis in both hips this year and I'm only 32, and I've got trouble with my sciatic nerve and it's looking like I'm going to get diagnosed with ptsd. And if all that wasnt enough I've got a dental infection. BUT I'M STILL FILLED WITH PEACE AND JOY
I don't know if covid is the start of the birth pains but what I do know is labour produces new life. During world war 2 many must have thought this it but it wasn't or when the Spanish flu which was far worse than covid and killed more than the first world war and the second war put together people then probably thought the same but it wasn't the end.
The last days began when jesus went home but nobody knows the appointed time except God the father