20% of eligible voters voted by mail so far

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 9:31 am

Here in BC in our provincial election. I voted in person at an advanced early voting site. Literally zero discussion of voter fraud or any other such nonsense. Mmmmaybe that’s because ballots being sent by mail are just fine?? Stupid trump nut swingers.

FWIW, I voted for the incumbent party, NDP, to stay in power. They’re still cleaning up the mess the BC Liberals (who are aligned with the federal conservatives and aren’t really that liberal at all) left behind, are pro working class/labour union, And have handled the pandemic well. I Also intend to vote NDP federally next round. Justin Trudeau has too many ethics scandals and I Don’t Want the federal conservatives in power. I really do hope there’s a big enough Orange Wave to propel NDP leader Jagmeet Singh to Prime Minister of Canada. He’s the only one who’s been consistently showing true leadership qualities these past few years & deserves the job, IMO.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 9:35 am

There has been record turnout with early voting here as well. I arrived at the voting site a few minutes before they opened, on the first day.

I voted for Biden for president. While I do like John Cornyn (Republican), a senator up for re-election, I voted for M.J. Hegar (Democrat) because of the Supreme Court vacancy.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2020, 10:53 am

Only time mail in voting fails are people who do not do them right because they forget to sign their names on the envelope or use the wrong ink when filling in their votes or they enter in their vote wrong. The instructions are literally at the top of the ballot. I had no idea people did it wrong. Ballots also used to come with an extra sleeve too and we were required to put our ballot in there and then in the envelope and sign it.

And we have some people trying to interfere with the voting. eg. starting a fire inside the ballot box, milling around it and shouting and honking your horn at people who are dropping off their ballots.

I dropped off me and my husband's ballot and they got received and accepted so I guess they empty it daily.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.