Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BlackSky
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Oct 2020, 3:04 pm

What do you think about humans? Do you think they are bad, good...? What are the worst humanity qualities? And the best?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 3:09 pm

Humans are my spirit animal. They're an incredibly interesting species to watch from a safe distant. If only we could relate to them.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 3:16 pm

Humans are an invasive species, damaging or destroying every ecology they inhabit.

They invented ice cream, so that is a point in their favor.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 3:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Humans are an invasive species, damaging or destroying every ecology they inhabit.

They invented ice cream, so that is a point in their favor.

They also invented inventing. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 3:28 pm

There some indications they will not be a permanent problem. :silent:

Unfortunately, ice cream will become harder to get if they disappear. :cry:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 3:28 pm

They're like any other species - they either do what works or they don't make it into the future.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 3:41 pm

Theyre only human.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 3:51 pm

BlackSky wrote:
What do you think about humans? Do you think they are bad, good...? What are the worst humanity qualities? And the best?
I'm confused, naturalplastic...
naturalplastic wrote:
Theyre only human.
Are you offering that as a worst quality or a best??

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 3:58 pm

Double Retired wrote:
BlackSky wrote:
I'm confused, naturalplastic...
naturalplastic wrote:
Theyre only human.
Are you offering that as a worst quality or a best??

The answer to that question is....

YES!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 4:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
YES!

Then I have to agree.

xX0Xx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2020, 4:52 pm

They're the cancer of the earth. :alien:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 4:56 pm

xX0Xx wrote:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 6:16 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
xX0Xx wrote:

The best thing to come out of industrialization is clearly industrial music. The best thing about humans is probably human music. Birds are singing way too fast for my perceived time-scale

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 6:33 pm

shlaifu wrote:
The best thing to come out of industrialization is clearly industrial music. The best thing about humans is probably human music. Birds are singing way too fast for my perceived time-scale

That and while the birds' lyrics might be every bit as provocative and entertaining as 2 Live Crew we can't understand them - but we clearly can understand 2 Live Crew (plus 2 Live Crew has bass - the birds, even if they're singing their version of f-shop, not so much).

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 7:05 pm

I would say that humans are an amazing species which have realised amazing achievements, as individuals and in groups.

I would say it is impossible to judge an entire species as a whole and that each individual should be judged upon their own merits and demerits.

If you take this into consideration, sure, there have been loads of people who have achieved absolutely amazing achievements as well as some who have committed horrific crimes against humanity, the world and the universe (God if there is one).

I think that much of the horrific crimes against humanity are caused by people in the position where they determine the cause that humanity takes, whether these people are involved in politics or the next global trend in consumerism.

Among the Global population, there are some who now have become aware of the many failings that the human race has on the whole, and who are doing what they can to attempt to steer the human race on a more productive and humanity friendly course.

Humans are not good nor bad. Humans are a collective made of many billion with each human within the collective choosing their own path.

We, as conscious nodes of humanity must do what we can to choose our best course of actions as humans, so that humanity finds the most humane path.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 7:07 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
shlaifu wrote:

That and while the birds' lyrics might be every bit as provocative and entertaining as 2 Live Crew we can't understand them - but we clearly can understand 2 Live Crew (plus 2 Live Crew has bass - the birds, even if they're singing their version of f-shop, not so much).

It's one of the weirdest things to imagine that crickets sound sexy to other crickets.