Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 7:16 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:

Humans are not good nor bad. Humans are a collective made of many billion with each human within the collective choosing their own path.

We, as conscious nodes of humanity must do what we can to choose our best course of actions as humans, so that humanity finds the most humane path.

I don't think it's fair to stop at 'humans are nodes of humanity' - humans themselves are self-replicating organisms made up of billions of cells, living in symbiosis with billions of bacteria, all of which consist of billiins of chemicals that follow electromagnetic attractions and repulsions. It's not clear that, if we cannot speak of 'humanity', we can nonetheless still speak of 'humans' as if that's the smallest unit, or a unit at all - a human is an assemblage, and so is humanity

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 8:12 pm

The good:
- Unprecedented creative potential
- Highly advanced bipedal locomotion
- Cool Hats

The bad:
- Unprecedented destructive potential
- Significant risk of evolutionary suicide
- Telemarketing

Clueless2017
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2020, 8:46 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
I would say that humans are an amazing species which have realised amazing achievements, as individuals and in groups.

I would say it is impossible to judge an entire species as a whole and that each individual should be judged upon their own merits and demerits.

If you take this into consideration, sure, there have been loads of people who have achieved absolutely amazing achievements as well as some who have committed horrific crimes against humanity, the world and the universe (God if there is one).

I think that much of the horrific crimes against humanity are caused by people in the position where they determine the cause that humanity takes, whether these people are involved in politics or the next global trend in consumerism.

Among the Global population, there are some who now have become aware of the many failings that the human race has on the whole, and who are doing what they can to attempt to steer the human race on a more productive and humanity friendly course.

Humans are not good nor bad. Humans are a collective made of many billion with each human within the collective choosing their own path.

We, as conscious nodes of humanity must do what we can to choose our best course of actions as humans, so that humanity finds the most humane path.

Agree 100%...If i may add???...God created us, intelligent beings, in his image...In other words, with the capacity to reflect his qualities, especially LOVE...However, he also gave us free will...Therefore, each individual chooses which path to follow: one of ALTRUISM or one of SELF-DESTRUCTION...I am at awww when i think of all the good humans can contribute to the world at large when we join our efforts towards a good cause...Greetings from California... :heart: :heart: :heart:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2020, 11:22 am

GGPViper wrote:
The good:
- Unprecedented creative potential
- Highly advanced bipedal locomotion
- Cool Hats

The bad:
- Unprecedented destructive potential
- Significant risk of evolutionary suicide
- Telemarketing

This and they smell bad.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2020, 11:25 am

If they would only back to the trees then everything would fine.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2020, 11:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:
If they would only back to the trees then everything would fine.

Except they cut all their trees down, silly apes.

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Oct 2020, 11:46 am

Humans, for the most part, are not the ecological virus that many people say they are. Few of us willingly destroy Earth, as opposed to just living life under a system that does—but the ones who do are power-hungry, charismatic, and end up in charge. So we are not all viruses for the planet, but we are led by them.

nadroJ
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2020, 11:49 am

Human's could be the alien species of Planet Earth.
Human's could have come from Saturn hundreds of thousands of years ago after a nuclear war there and next were going to Mars, and then re-colonise Saturn again.
Humans could be the bacteria Earth. Though I know a few tree planters.
Humans could be the unknown of what can be created, humans are the mass creators of earth.
The universe is so big, and there is probably another universe outside this one, I can only ponder if there is another reason why humans are here taking everything for granted.
That's the ponder of God almighty himself, the ruler of this simulated reality. Everything seems to perfect to be true. I like to think of the Sun as a scientists light bulb, watching over us.
But are amazing creatures with a lot of potential. Humans are also the deciders of Planet Earths fate of existence.
For thousand of years man has explored consciousness and reason. No one knows why we are here in this time and space. Planet Earth has lost 7 trillion trees since existence. That's half of trees on Planet Earth but everyone needs toilet paper because evolution has gifted us with two legs and buildings.
"Everyone's a genius" - Albert Einstein.
But purely, as far as science has explored, we are our monkey ancestors. Humans share the same characteristics: curiosity, mischief, love, adventure.

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Oct 2020, 11:34 pm

xX0Xx wrote:
They're the cancer of the earth. :alien:

Can't cure cancer