Controversial Republican Madison Cawthorn Wins in N.C.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 9:52 am

Forbes

Quote:
Madison Cawthorn — a young Republican whose campaign was dogged by accusations of racism — won his congressional race in North Carolina on Tuesday, making the 25-year-old real estate investor the youngest member of the U.S. House of Representatives when he joins the body in January.

Cawthorn defeated Democratic nominee Moe Davis by a fairly wide margin in North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District, the Associated Press reported.

Cawthorn has maintained a provocative presence on Twitter, using the platform to tweet out crude insults about Davis last week. This tendency continued on Tuesday night, when Cawthorn celebrated his victory by defiantly tweeting, “Cry more, lib.”

Multiple women have accused Cawthorn of sexual assault or unwanted sexual advances dating back to at least 2014. Plus, a 2017 Instagram photo surfaced of Cawthorn posing at the Eagle’s Nest, Adolf Hitler’s mountain retreat, and claiming the site is on his “bucket list.”

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman

Feyokien
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Nov 2020, 10:16 am

No thanks

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 12:31 pm

Aside from his age he sounds like a typical Republican politician at this point.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2020, 12:34 pm

Cawthorn, the QAnon lady in Georgia, and there’s a seat in Colorado that hasn’t been called but has a conspiracy theorist in the lead...

What is the hard right smoking?