Page 21 of 31 [ 489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Never said there was a coup.

Trump is just a sore loser....

Why can’t conservatives realize that they don’t HAVE to like Trump?

Keating was very unpopular, personally speaking, but I didn't give a cracker, as long as he did a good job.
I think it wise to differentiate the person from the job.

I can imagine the counter comments to my comment, so it isn't really needed, unless people want a cathartic release. :mrgreen:

Edit: Bwahahahaha. The software considers c.r.a.c.k.e.r. a swear word.
WTF! 8O :mrgreen:

Last edited by Pepe on 22 Nov 2020, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:38 pm

GGPViper wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Okay here is what I don't understand. Why are Trump supporters clashing with BLM members? The election doesn't have anything to do with police brutality and treatment of black people, so why do the BLM think that the election is related to that? It's a separate issue, isn't it?
Well, I'm sure a lot of black people believe that the election has something to do with police brutality and treatment of black people. :roll:

But voting in a democratic party President will not make a difference. When Obama was President there was still incidences of police brutality. When Clinton was President, there was still brutality. What makes them think cops will be on better behavior if the democratic party is President, especially when it hasn't been proven in the past?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Never said there was a coup.

Trump is just a sore loser....

Why can’t conservatives realize that they don’t HAVE to like Trump?

I never suggested you suggested the suggestion...errr...where were we, again? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:39 pm

ironpony wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Oh well there seemed to be a lot in the news over the last few months over the election. And people talked about riots going on outside the voting polls during, back during the vote.

There was a confrontation when Trump supporters made that recent rally, but I wouldn't call it a riot.
The BLM and antifa created a scuffle because they decided to counter-rally.
Common sense would tell you it takes 2 to tango, btw. 8)

Well that's rather simplistic, isn't it? One group opposed to discrimination vs. one group all in favour of it. Some principles are worth taking a stand about, some really aren't.

No need to call out over-entitlement, racism and bigotry if there isn't any. But if there is, then there is.

It's a shame more Italians didn't stand up to that nasty Mr. Mussolini in the early 1920s, but they probably just thought he was being a bit melodramatic to get more attention. Ooops.

That is rather simplistic.

BTW, Did you see, on the news, how antifa and BLM members attacked peaceful Trump supporters?
Parents were terrified while protecting their children. EEP! 8O

How do the BLM know who is a Trump supporter and who isn't? Do Trump supporters hold up signs that say it in the streets?

They actually did hold up signs, supporting Trump, in this instance, yes. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:49 pm

Udinaas wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Oh well there seemed to be a lot in the news over the last few months over the election. And people talked about riots going on outside the voting polls during, back during the vote.

There was a confrontation when Trump supporters made that recent rally, but I wouldn't call it a riot.

Well that's rather simplistic, isn't it? One group opposed to discrimination vs. one group all in favour of it. Some principles are worth taking a stand about, some really aren't.

No need to call out over-entitlement, racism and bigotry if there isn't any. But if there is, then there is.

It's a shame more Italians didn't stand up to that nasty Mr. Mussolini in the early 1920s, but they probably just thought he was being a bit melodramatic to get more attention. Ooops.

BTW, Did you see, on the news, how antifa and BLM members attacked peaceful Trump supporters?

Footage is being edited to leave out violence by Trump supporters.

https://theintercept.com/2020/11/18/defeated-trump-campaign-tells-supporters-left-hates-fundraising-emails/

"The uncut videos show that after the other Trump supporter ripped the megaphone from the protester’s hands, the man in the AS Roma jacket shoved him to the ground and stumbled over him into the intersection.

I dodn't know if what I posted relates to what you said.

Quote:
Graphic: A close-up angle of BLM rioters knocking a man unconscious who was leaving the #MillionMAGAMarch in DC earlier today. They also steal his phone when he’s on the ground. Video by @FromKalen

Some on the left are very feral, too, it seems.

Udinaas wrote:
After two protesters responded to his aggression by shoving him, he charged around the intersection, cocking his fist and threatening protesters. After one small woman moved toward him, he knocked her to the ground and shouted, “None of you want to f*****g do that!” As the shoving continued, the man cocked his fist at one protester and ordered him to “Keep f*****g walking!” He then pushed and slapped two women and fended off blows from a young man before turning to leave. It was then that he was punched from behind and fell face first to the street."

There is a plethora of bad behaviour on either side, yes. 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:51 pm

Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

How do the BLM know who is a Trump supporter and who isn't? Do Trump supporters hold up signs that say it in the streets?

They actually did hold up signs, supporting Trump, in this instance, yes. :mrgreen:

Oh okay. But why if you are for a certain President, why not just vote for him? What's the point of marching in the streets, holding up signs, and showing off and bragging about it?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:54 pm

ironpony wrote:
Okay here is what I don't understand. Why are Trump supporters clashing with BLM members? The election doesn't have anything to do with police brutality and treatment of black people, so why do the BLM think that the election is related to that? It's a separate issue, isn't it?

Another thing why do Trump supporters have motivation to clash with BLM? Why don't they just vote for Trump and be done with it? What do they care what the BLM thinks?

The confrontation happened, in this instance, because there was a counter-rally to the Trump support rally.
Had the left positioned their rally away from the conservative one, there wouldn't have been the interchange, simples.

Egos + emotions + close proximity = violence.
Not rocket surgery. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:55 pm

ironpony wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Oh okay. But why if you are for a certain President, why not just vote for him? What's the point of marching in the streets, holding up signs, and showing off and bragging about it?

People are dumb-assed stupid.
Simples. 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:56 pm

Oh okay, but is this why the BLM thinks that police brutality will stop if they get a democratic party member in the white house. Is it out of stupidity?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:56 pm

Let's be abundantly clear, you're not calling our entire election a fraud are you? That would be grossly misinformed. You are questioning the numbers & there are no common indicators calling the outcome into question.

Capitalizing on chaos & hatred tends to blow up in one's face after all.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 3:59 pm

GGPViper wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Well, I'm sure a lot of black people believe that the election has something to do with police brutality and treatment of black people. :roll:

Apparently, there was a big black/coloured shift in support towards the capitalists republicans.
Interesting. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 4:00 pm

cberg wrote:
Let's be abundantly clear, you're not calling our entire election a fraud are you? That would be grossly misinformed. You are questioning the numbers & there are no common indicators calling the outcome into question.

Capitalizing on chaos & hatred tends to blow up in one's face after all.

Could you indicate who you are directing your comments to?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 4:03 pm

I am directing my comments to the dissident minority of self-assured Republicans.

Chauvinism sells & unfortunately does so along racial & sexist lines in this country.

No one who voted for Trump voted in actual Republican interests, it was only about power.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 4:06 pm

ironpony wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
ironpony wrote:

But voting in a democratic party President will not make a difference. When Obama was President there was still incidences of police brutality. When Clinton was President, there was still brutality. What makes them think cops will be on better behavior if the democratic party is President, especially when it hasn't been proven in the past?

The problem is "confirmation bias".
Most people only want to see that which reinforces their beliefs, and ignore other factual information.
Most people seem to work this way.
I'm not most people. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 4:13 pm

cberg wrote:
I am directing my comments to the dissident minority of self-assured Republicans.

Chauvinism sells & unfortunately does so along racial & sexist lines in this country.

What makes a different opinion "dissident"?
Biden is not president, yet.
The due process needs to be adhered to, under American law.

And, why is it wrong to be self-assured?
You are, also.

cberg wrote:
No one who voted for Trump voted in actual Republican interests, it was only about power.

This is a gross generalisation.
And you couldn't possibly know that.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2020, 4:13 pm

But if most people work this way then why is there still police brutality and mistreatment, when a democratic party member is President?

If this is the way things worked, then why did so many people believe OJ Simpson was framed by the police at a time when a democrat was President? Wouldn't they be more skeptical to believe such a thing, if things worked this way?

It's a silly example, but that I am using to show how silly that belief is, if a democrat is President, the less police would be so much more well behaved...